• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sierra Schultzzie

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Haven't watch her in years and wow how her channel has changed. I used to be super insecure about my pear-shape body because I'm Asian and other people would openly criticise my thighs a lot. I loved her styling tricks in the past but haven't watch her channel since I lose weight and now can style myself better.

She used to be more calm, not shouting, have good content. Now her vids have an obnoxious vibe... wow how people changed...

Posted

Wow used to watch her a bit back in the day when I had a gained some weight. Her tips were nice and I liked her style a lot. It wasn't until I went to Express and found the same dress that I thought she looked fabulous in and tried it on myself. Even though I was smaller than her, I couldn't fit the same size that she claimed to fit in the video and I didn't look half as good as she did. 

If she was doing this back then, it would all make a lot of sense. Honestly, it really killed my confidence at the time.

Express runs small. Some people tend to lie about sizes. Last year, I knew somebody in the BMI percentile of 95%, and a body fat percentage of at least 40% claiming she was a pants size smaller than me when I was a body fat percentage of 24-26%, and a BMI percentile of 66%. For reference, she's around 5'7" and 195lbs or 13 stone 13lbs claiming to be a pants 6/7 (looks more like a 12-14 or a junior's 13-15 tbh.)and I'm 5'2" and was around 125lbs or 8stone 13lbs and was a pants 8/9. Also, most models are around the 5'7"-5'11", and I saw a model around her height being a pants size 6 tall, and she looked a hell lot thinner than her. When she said that tbh, it really made my body dysmorphia worse. I also felt really bad when I saw Sierra's video last year, and being a 12/13 the year before, really made my body dysmorphia really bad as well.

Posted

Express runs small. Some people tend to lie about sizes. Last year, I knew somebody in the BMI percentile of 95%, and a body fat percentage of at least 40% claiming she was a pants size smaller than me when I was a body fat percentage of 24-26%, and a BMI percentile of 66%. For reference, she's around 5'7" and 195lbs or 13 stone 13lbs claiming to be a pants 6/7 (looks more like a 12-14 or a junior's 13-15 tbh.)and I'm 5'2" and was around 125lbs or 8stone 13lbs and was a pants 8/9. Also, most models are around the 5'7"-5'11", and I saw a model around her height being a pants size 6 tall, and she looked a hell lot thinner than her. When she said that tbh, it really made my body dysmorphia worse. I also felt really bad when I saw Sierra's video last year, and being a 12/13 the year before, really made my body dysmorphia really bad as well.

That's exactly how I felt. It was terrible of her to lie. Sorry you went through that.

Posted (edited)

More evidence of her scamming (credit to GG poster divaqueen208 for revealing this) Watch the video while you still can lol

SmartSelect_20191204-205720_Chrome.thumbSmartSelect_20191204-210055_Chrome.thumbSmartSelect_20191204-210130_Chrome.thumb

Edited by Sugi

Posted

The lying about her size is so stupid. It's not being "body positive" if you can't even accept your own size.

She's either
1. seriously in denial about her weight
2. Flat out lying to seem smaller

Being in denial doesn't make sense because then the listed sizes wouldn't be different. She'd buy a size 12 thinking she is a size 12.

Lying to seem smaller is so.... stupid. We can see her size! And what's the point in seeming smaller? Is it to cling onto her brand of being "mid-sized" (although pretty much everywhere else in the world she's considered plus sized - which is fine)? Her brand is supposedly to be body positive, so I doubt people watching her would actually stop watching her if she just admitted to being her real/plus size and being happy with it.

It honestly breaks my heart a bit to see you guys feel bad because she lied.
What's she's doing is saying "THIS is what a size 12(now 14) looks like!" when she's actually a bigger size. Making everyone who is actually a size 12 think "hey that's my size too, THAT's how big I am??" and feel bad. And on the other end, people who are Sierra's actual size will think "oh THAT's what a smaller size than me looks like, I am even bigger than that??" and feel bad.

It's honestly so manipulative and dangerous, she's feeding into people having distorted views of their body in the guise of "body positivity".

Posted (edited)

The lying about her size is so stupid. It's not being "body positive" if you can't even accept your own size.

She's either
1. seriously in denial about her weight
2. Flat out lying to seem smaller

Being in denial doesn't make sense because then the listed sizes wouldn't be different. She'd buy a size 12 thinking she is a size 12.

Lying to seem smaller is so.... stupid. We can see her size! And what's the point in seeming smaller? Is it to cling onto her brand of being "mid-sized" (although pretty much everywhere else in the world she's considered plus sized - which is fine)? Her brand is supposedly to be body positive, so I doubt people watching her would actually stop watching her if she just admitted to being her real/plus size and being happy with it.

It honestly breaks my heart a bit to see you guys feel bad because she lied.
What's she's doing is saying "THIS is what a size 12(now 14) looks like!" when she's actually a bigger size. Making everyone who is actually a size 12 think "hey that's my size too, THAT's how big I am??" and feel bad. And on the other end, people who are Sierra's actual size will think "oh THAT's what a smaller size than me looks like, I am even bigger than that??" and feel bad.

It's honestly so manipulative and dangerous, she's feeding into people having distorted views of their body in the guise of "body positivity".

On top of that, she gives really dangerous health advice by insisting thatn denying yourself from eating at any and every impulse whatever yyour heart desires (intuitive eating) is how she is so "healthy" and stays at a size 12. She is not qualified to give anyone nutrition advice, especiallywhen the entire thing is based on a lie. Her advice could really hurt someone.

This isn't fat shaming. Body positivity is about loving your bodyand loving your  body  means trying to maintain a somewhat balanced diet in order to make sure it runs optimally and you don't run into healthproblems. 

And to add to what you said, if her fans follow her advice and get sick/larger, then how are they going to feel??

Edited by Sugi

Posted (edited)

I also started watching her because of her "message". And compared to her I felt more overweight because in Europe I have size 16/18 or XL/XXL. For the longest time I already knew all the things I had to do to help myself and always struggled to implement them in my life. I still have problems with that but I try my best, and I see myself more clearly now as well as how much bullshit she started to say. Then I though to look at some pictures of me and her side by side (also googled her height which is basically the SAME as mine) in Google search it says she is 45 kg which made me laugh and be actually shocked of nonsense because I weigh, around 100 kg, I'll just add some pictures the get the idea. I'm not saying that I don't get how hard it is for her or other people to deal with weight, self love and everytjng else.. Also I knew that American sizes are posed to be smaller than they are and at some point I still thought that I'm close to obese.. But looking at this and keeping in mind that we are the same height, I was just confused. And I get why so many people get confused about themselves and their self image because of this type of content. Also I feel for her because it seems she is gaining more and more weight. For myself I can say that I have lost a little weight because I changed my job to a healthier environment as well as moved out of my mom's place and that pushes me to choose better. My point with all of this whoever stayed here long enough for my rant is that she is advertising that being overweight is okay and even good. As long as your delusional enough... And that is very scary especially knowing how many people have problems seeing themselves how they are - obese, overweight, actually healthy weight or underweight. This is normalising unhealthy habits and leaning into your heart whims. I'm just really hoping that more people learn to see their actual problems and can admit them. Obviously she is in denial and that makes me very sad for her. And it must not be be easy since her husband also is overweight and seems to encourage her delusions. I bet he doesn't know how much he is actually damaging her self growth. I really hope she becomes actually happier and works on healthier life choices, especially about what she is communicating to the world and younger girls. 

IMG_20180731_232543_999.jpg

IMG_20200221_023812.jpg

IMG-20190909-WA0010.jpg

IMG_20200220_180354.jpg

IMG_20200221_024454.jpg

Edited by Annna
Spelling mistakes :( :D