• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Sierra Schultzzie

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sierra Schultzzie 
Main channel // Vlogging channel // Podcast // Instagram

Captura_de_pantalla_2019-10-02_a_las_10.

First time making a thread, looked up Sierra but didn't find anything so here it goes because I just NEED to talk about her lol (hope I'm doing this right, meant to post it as online personality).

She's a 23 yo beauty and fashion? youtuber from California, has a vlog channel with her husband and a podcast with her best friend (who also works for her). I first found her channel last year and I thought she was okay, just a "body positivity" girl making fashion videos. Then I saw her again recently and just couldn't believe how much she changed. She has gained A LOT of weight, which isn't bad per se but she just won't acknowledge it, often talks about being a true size 14, complains about brands sizes instead of sizing up, constantly gets clothes that are just clearly too small for her and just became so fake goofy and annoying. I was so shocked when I watched one of her videos after months and it took me a while to realize this was the same person I saw a year ago. 

There was some Beauty Con drama recently because she felt like people there treated her bad and made fun of her. I think the fact that she won't accept she's not a mid size anymore and keeps using adjectives like CURVY and TRUE SIZE 14 is just affecting her perception and making her paranoid? Like she won't accept she has gained weight and that she's plus size now so she feels attacked all the time.

Anyway, not sure if someone else is interested in her, she's around the age of a lot of people discussed here but her style and personality make her seem much older, I can't believe she's only 23.

Edited by matrioska

Posted

Sierra wasn't the only one who's been treated bad, it's not really about her being mid-size in this situation. Her friend, Skylar, has been with her the whole time and have been given the same disrespect as her. Thomas Halbert voiced a complaint about Beauty Con wanted him and the other Beauty Guru, Eathan something, to apologize to each other. Thomas doesn't want to because Ethan belittles him on his mental health and thinks that Thomas is faking it and he didn't do anything to Ethan at all. 

Tea Spill reached out to Sierra and former Beauty Con staff about Beauty Con. It's basically high school and the CEO is the queen bee that you can't defy her. Beauty Con is a mess and I feel bad for influencers who, rightfully so, voiced their complaints, but the CEO and her staff pretty much made a joke out of themselves to they think they're running the best convention and everything is fine. Until Patrick Star came online to voice his concerns and comes to support the influencers, Beauty Con turned an 180 and used the old fashion Beauty Guru apology to post on Twitter. 

Sierra has been aware about gaining a lot of weight and mentioned that she's been working out in some of her videos, if I remember. 

I do questioned about her fashion choices, since she looks like a little girl sometimes, but that's just my opinion. 

Posted

I don’t really know a lot about her and only ever watched two of her videos, but I remember being bothered by some things she said. I think the video was about how she used to photoshop herself or something, and in it she showed these old shooped pics of herself and says stuff like "if I actually looked like that I would be super unhealthy" "looking like that is not healthy or pretty" (no direct quotes, just her general statements), etc but the thing is: in these pictures she appears to be a very healthy size, in fact on the medium to larger side of a healthy BMI. So her weight in those pictures would technically be more healthy for her than her current actual weight and to me it came across like she had to act like she looks unhealthy in them to 'justify' how she really looks? But in the process kinda body-shamed skinny people. 

Posted

How the fuck is she only in her early twenties? I saw here beautycon video and thought she was like 30-34, yikes. She is also on the smaller end of plus sizes so I'm kinda like...just size up, you can size up.

Posted

She was born in 1996? I thought she was born in 1986. Yikes, she looks way older than her actual age. 

Posted

funnily enough I just found her videos 30 minutes ago before seeing this thread was made and immediately my first thoughts were that

1) she yells way too much and this is coming from someone who can tolerate Grav3yardgirl levels of talking loud 

2) the video I watched was her Fashion Nova Halloween costumes reviews, and although I can see where her in between sizing issue can be a factor with some of the outfits, Fashion Nova runs slightly small (or rather everything is super tight and exposing) and she should've accounted for that and just went with the true plus size 1X. Instead she made herself look extremely in denial about her size. 

Posted

funnily enough I just found her videos 30 minutes ago before seeing this thread was made and immediately my first thoughts were that

1) she yells way too much and this is coming from someone who can tolerate Grav3yardgirl levels of talking loud 

2) the video I watched was her Fashion Nova Halloween costumes reviews, and although I can see where her in between sizing issue can be a factor with some of the outfits, Fashion Nova runs slightly small (or rather everything is super tight and exposing) and she should've accounted for that and just went with the true plus size 1X. Instead she made herself look extremely in denial about her size. 

She is loud. Also, fashion Nova is Juniors, so Juniors sizing is cut a bit narrower than usual. A women's regular 8 would be a Junior's 9 (despite the damn size charts saying a bloody 7 is the same as an 8; only time that is true is an 8p, because petites are shorter and narrower cut.) I still have no damn idea how the size charts put me larger than usual when I can fit into a dress size 8/9 and look good on me. Maybe I'm measuring incorrectly? I double check measurements though, so I dunno... My mother also tells me when something looks bad on me as well. Junior's plus sizes are smaller as well, so she could be a 0x (no idea why that is a thing) in women's plus, and a 1x in Junior's.

Posted

Ahh I'm so glad that this finally became a topic. I've been following the Gurugossiper thread about her and oooooh boyyyyy does she pull some nonsense:

Lying about her size

she's not merely in denial about her size. There is solid evidence that she knowingly lies to her audience about her clothing sizes, all while claiming to be "body-positive". AlAll you have to do is compare the sizes in her video to the sizes in her poshmark

tbPMv9f.thumb.png.4b7fa7560a8319d1e82b42VMXNP7o.thumb.png.0e4c921195d0cc5795ef3aO7CaF00.thumb.png.16169bd657bddfef7cd7de0e115485bcaa493c1abf0342e6de81b2.thumb.j203325fe2a2ddbd0f00ac8e270215230.thumb.jda5d706572b1403acd9b08821617142e.thumb.j6c6c8a275bc5f0e8b7dc6c7ca69398ef.thumb.jEven though these videos are a bit old, she still pulls this crap. Furthermore, her team goes through the Gurugossiper posts because as soon as they post one of these photos, *poof* the video is gone. Screenshot everything with this chick.

Posted

Photoshopping the crap out of her photos

Despite the fact that, again, she claims tto be "body positive", she (poorly) photoshops her photos in order to appear slimmer than she is. 

257edfe022deee520375580510ee40a3.thumb.j

87bf3afd56bf500996d903f6ee1b0ed1.thumb.j

And finally we have

Gives Dangerous Dieting/Health advice

She claims to be an "intuitive eater" and maintains a vegetarian diet mostly for health...yet she has gained a massive and alarming amount of weight in a short time. She often chooses to eat very few vegetables and mainly Chow down on carbs (which wouldn't be such a problem if she wasn't out there saying that this is healthy). She eats whenever she feels like eating and whatever she feels like eating at all times. She even made a video where she spent a whole day eating the serving size of each food she picked up (which is NOT the same as a healthy portion despite her claims). 

Personality

-pretends to be body positive while shaming slim and athletic bodies

-erases evidence of her misdeeds instead of apologizing, yet pitches a fit when Beautycon doesn't apologize to her

-acts like an authority on things she is ill-informed on

-may not wash clothes before putting them on poshmark (unconfirmed)

-lazy. Has a team of people helping her, yet produces extremely low-effort content

-probably fake-nice in front of the camera, since she won't apologize for the things on Gurugossiper yet there is evidence that she reads it

Posted

How tall is she? Assuming she's taller than me (I'm 5") and I wear usually a 10-12, shouldn't she wear a size bigger? Considering that I am very short and still am smaller than her. This is not a comment to shame her body, just a curiosity and I am wondering about if she lies about her true size or not.

Posted

i use to watch her a while ago the thing i hate about some of her videos is how she goes to these store like brandy that sells smaller/"one size" clothing and complains about how nothing fits properly. like no shit sherlock theyre made for smaller people. i dont see people going to plus size stores and complaining about how everything is too big for them. or her videos where she collabs with someone who is supposedly the same size as her and all she says when they try on clothes is "omg we are both wearing the same size but it fits us sooooo differently" 

Posted (edited)

How tall is she? Assuming she's taller than me (I'm 5") and I wear usually a 10-12, shouldn't she wear a size bigger? Considering that I am very short and still am smaller than her. This is not a comment to shame her body, just a curiosity and I am wondering about if she lies about her true size or not.

She has been lying about her size for a very, very long time. The earlier pictures in the poshmark are from when she was "unhealthy skinny" and she claimed to be a size 10 there...but the poshmark reveals that was a lie and she was a 12. We know she's gained a massive amount of weight since then so there's no possible way she's still a 12. 

She's so deluded that she talks about how she still fits in her childhood Halloween costumes even though the only way that's possible for basically anyone is if they are rail thin, have some sort of growth disorder, or the costumes are stretched to oblivion.

oh and she's 5'4". People who have seen her IRL say she does look a bit smaller IRL than she does on YouTube though. It's probably her choice in clothing/the fact that she often wears clothes that are too small that makes her look larger.

Edited by Sugi

Posted

I've seen a few of her videos. Kinda liked them for the body positivity from an actual not-good-looking person, rather than a skinny attractive beauty guru lul

But I always found it odd that she kinda pushes the idea that she's of an average size? She's clearly an overweight plus size. But I chalked it up to her being American because over there she is technically average sized... :alpacaworry: but that does not mean she's an average healthy human size (sorry if that sounds rude)

Didn't think someone who preaches body positivity the way she does would lie about their size??? Low key shocked

Posted

I have a lot of sympathy for her because she herself admits at times that her body positivity journey is ongoing and there are still times she feels like her body is ugly and inadequate. (I think this was in the recreating famous photoshoots one with Jessica Simpson iirc.) Which I get 100%; we don't have the same body type but I've dealt with similar body issues since puberty, and as much as I feel everyone should be able to love and accept their body no matter what it looks like, I've never ever been able to accept my own. So I'm not one to judge her as a hypocrite because she is uncomfortable with accepting and announcing her own weight gain, etc. and I appreciate her willingness to put herself out there for the most part.

However that doesn't excuse her lying about her clothing sizes. Sorry for blogposting, but there have been times where she's claimed to be a specific size and while looking quite a bit bigger than me and it caused me to lapse into a fit of body dysmorphia. So to know she actually lies about her clothing sizes at times is pretty shitty and harmful when she's trying to help girls who're worried about that kind of thing. Honestly, maybe it would be better for her to not states the sizes of her clothing at all if it's something she's uncomfortable with and can trigger body image issues in her fanbase. I feel like a "size literally does not matter just look for clothing that fits and feels good" message would maybe be more appropriate. 

that being said, I don't watch her frequently because as much as I appreciate her message her personality is way too loud for me. I also find her spending habits incredibly irritating, especially the videos where she spends money at stores just to do so; they're wasteful and pointless and give a precedent for terrible spending habits regarding sustainability and quality. But I think her assistant is really sweet and like the videos where she's on screen. 

Posted

Wow used to watch her a bit back in the day when I had a gained some weight. Her tips were nice and I liked her style a lot. It wasn't until I went to Express and found the same dress that I thought she looked fabulous in and tried it on myself. Even though I was smaller than her, I couldn't fit the same size that she claimed to fit in the video and I didn't look half as good as she did. 

If she was doing this back then, it would all make a lot of sense. Honestly, it really killed my confidence at the time.