• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

7630 posts in this topic

Posted

Does she know that all countries just don't do Halloween...? Now I can't speak for Japan but..

Personally from experience as Finnish I only saw Halloween on movies and TV shows growing up. And it wasn't just that my family didn't do it, Halloween just literally isn't a thing here. There's no trick or treating (I actually thought for a long time that that was only something they do in movies, I didn't know it was a real thing people did because we don't do it here.), there's no Halloween decorations, no parties.. Not really anyway.

In my 25 years I have never heard of anyone over here trick or treating. Maybe as adults some people host Halloween themed parties or go out but from my experience going out to bars or clubs on Halloween only like 10% of people are dressing up. 

So Kenna needs to learn that Halloween isn't a thing everywhere. Jeez.

Posted

Does she know that all countries just don't do Halloween...? Now I can't speak for Japan but..

Personally from experience as Finnish I only saw Halloween on movies and TV shows growing up. And it wasn't just that my family didn't do it, Halloween just literally isn't a thing here. There's no trick or treating (I actually thought for a long time that that was only something they do in movies, I didn't know it was a real thing people did because we don't do it here.), there's no Halloween decorations, no parties.. Not really anyway.

In my 25 years I have never heard of anyone over here trick or treating. Maybe as adults some people host Halloween themed parties or go out but from my experience going out to bars or clubs on Halloween only like 10% of people are dressing up. 

So Kenna needs to learn that Halloween isn't a thing everywhere. Jeez.

I was in Okinawa during Halloween one year. Granted its not mainland Japan but Halloween was still pretty big. Elementary school kids legit parade around town with their teachers showing off their costumes. Its adorable. During that whole week it was alot of parties. My guest house had a huge party on the roof and all the staff were dressed up.

Kenna tripping. Or is trying to drive the point home that she's over Japan for her future move.

Posted

i really dont get it, i really dont understand why shes pretty much igoring the halloween events in japan and pretending to her audience that halloween events dont happen in japan, when its very easy to disprove her bullshit??

It's more likely to me that she's gone Ryan Boundless and just decided to reject everything Japan because it didn't meet her wild expectations 

Or she could be even more of a shut-in than we thought and literally have zero clue about the Halloween things.

Posted

To drive this point home even more, she wasn’t complaining AT ALL about the lack of Halloween/fall stuff in Europe, but now that she’s back in Japan.. it’s always “ew, Japan doesn’t do ____”

kanker.. did you ever think that maybe you hate Japan? I really think that all boils down to the fact that she has little to not friends in Japan. Yeah, she went on that trip with kayla, but now that they’re back in Japan I’m see she has work, and can’t do stuff with her 24/7. She’s so used to constant contact with people who hype her up, and now that that structure is gone, she’s lost, and blaming it on the country she’s in. You did this to yourself. You decided to move to japan, you decided to waste your money at that school. You have no one to blame but yourself..

That's what I was thinking too, she must be salty that no one ran after her to invite her to a Halloween party (when a) she was out of country the whole month before and b) she announced she is sick). She lost the one friend she had in language school, Venus and Mikan obviously don't wanna have anything to do with her anymore and Kayla has her own social circle and actual work. Kenna is simply_salty that no one is catering to her when it's her own issue that she didn't put more effort in keeping her friends in Tokyo.

Posted

I am also speculating that the Kenna and Kaila friendship is just about over. Travelling and country hopping for a month straight is stressful for anyone, especially when it's with someone you don't know very well (since I'm sure they've known each other for less than a year).

Posted

Re: her stories

did anyone else notice she was “sharing” old photos that weren’t on her feed anymore? It was almost like she unarchieved specific photos, went to share it, took a screenshot instead, rearchieved the photos, and posted the screenshot. Here are some of the non-clickable shares.

Hidden Content

not to wk but she was only doing this to show her past costumes, i don't think it's anything to speculate over

Posted

I am also speculating that the Kenna and Kaila friendship is just about over. Travelling and country hopping for a month straight is stressful for anyone, especially when it's with someone you don't know very well (since I'm sure they've known each other for less than a year).

not to mention social media friendships arent always what they seem. she probably wasnt really great friends with Venus nor Mikan to begin with, and the more they hung out the more they probably couldnt stand each other lol

Posted

not to wk but she was only doing this to show her past costumes, i don't think it's anything to speculate over

it wasn’t a critique, just an observation. If she was gonna go through all that trouble, she might as well have used that one aesthetic app to make a collage, ya know?

Posted (edited)

I feel like Japan (like any other country) would get really boring when you literally don't do anything or have a job or go outside regularly. Also, most places lose their shine after a while, and I think that she just doesn't want to admit that she's probably fed up with Japan. I wouldn't be mad at her about that, like if she doesn't like it she can just leave and live her influencer life back home, she'll just do the same thing she did in Japan but she wouldn't have to go outside and experience things because she's lived there her whole/a lot of her life, you know? It's not like she has a stationary job that she has to keep if she wants to keep making income, so there's really no point to staying other than the clout of "I'm in Japan!!!!"

Edited by unhappyone

Posted

I’ve been wondering about this too. Neither has mentioned the other since leaving Europe - not even an “I had an amazing trip, had so much fun, thanks to my travel buddy!” type of post in their stories. 

Kenna seems like the absolute worst kind of ‘friend’ tbh - only interested in hanging out with someone when it could benefit herself in some way. She was blatanty hoping that sucking up to Kaila would help her get into modelling. Clearly that’s never going to happen, so no doubt she’ll drop Kaila like a hot pankeki. 

I also noticed that Kenna hardly ever likes her friends’ posts on Instagram. She barely liked any of Kaila’s pics from their trip and I just had a look at Bree’s profile and Kenna hasn’t liked any of Bree’s last eight pics (I couldn’t be bothered to check beyond that!). Why wouldn’t you want to support your friends?! Kenna strikes me as such a nasty, bitter, jealous, spiteful little child, who just wants all the attention on herself and can’t stand the fact that all her friends are successful, whilst she’s pissing her life away doing nothing. 

As a millennial I have to say I don’t like all my friends posts religiously and most of us make fun of that gen z “omg she isn’t liking her posts!!!!” thing. A lot of us were around on IG when “liking” a post actually meant that one really stuck out to you and you really “loved” it, not as some weird must-do thing.

It could mean she hasn’t seen them yet.

Posted (edited)

As a millennial I have to say I don’t like all my friends posts religiously and most of us make fun of that gen z “omg she isn’t liking her posts!!!!” thing. A lot of us were around on IG when “liking” a post actually meant that one really stuck out to you and you really “loved” it, not as some weird must-do thing.

It could mean she hasn’t seen them yet.

It’s presumptuous of you to think I’m gen z - I am not. I’ve also been on Instagram pretty much since it launched. And neither do I like my friends’ posts religiously or thinking I have to like every picture. That’s ridiculous to say that. But my best friends, I will like the majority of their posts because they’re great pics and I want to help them do well. 

Let’s be real - Kentucky spends most of her life on Instagram. She’s definitely seen the posts. 

Edited by Kenna-is-a-Kunt