• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

7630 posts in this topic

Posted

Imagine this ends up like Jaclyn Hill hairy lipsticks

If knuckles has a scandal with her lipsticks it'll be the death of her online presence. She better hope those lipsticks are perfect and she acts professional af because in the past (Jaclyn Hill lipstick scandal, the kenza cosmetics bs) beauty drama people don't fucking play around.

Posted

$15 for a lipstick she's never sold before? Nah, I'll spend my hard-earned $15 on some video game skins before that. From what she's showing, the colors are cute but as others have said, who's she collabing with? That makes a big deal because what if they're not cruelty-free, have a bad rep, etc.? She never hinted at this before and the way she advertised it makes it seem more like an afterthought than an actual genuine nod towards her launch, like "this this and this, OH YEAH, go buy my products that I've never mentioned before!!" If she drops the price to maybe $5-$10, I'd be a bit more willing to purchase them but $15 for these, especially during an economic crisis, seem a little steep.

Posted

Imagine this ends up like Jaclyn Hill hairy lipsticks

I mean tbf, that's more on the brand than on Kenna. She has no input in the laps unlike Jaclyn, all Kenna did was pick the shades and what the formula is. If anything like that happened to kennas lipsticks it'd 100% be the brands fault not hers.

and it would be far more on brand for her to release a collab in the Autumn since she's  the ~uwu queen of Autumn~

Posted

Someone should photoshop pancakes next to her grinning pictures to make it look like those "woman smiling at salad" stock photos, but pankeki edition lol

Posted

didn't she literally reply to someone's youtube comment a couple of months ago with something like "coming soon"?? we all knew? 

Screenshot_20200509-164825_Instagram.jpg

That face for a lipstick ad is the reason why she couldn't model in Japan. She trying to be like Bree?

Posted

Kenna, jesus christ, go easy on the blur tools. She's blurred some of her hair in that second pic lol. Meanwhile the rest of her hair looks so dry...shouldn't it be better by now? :alpacaconfused:

And what are those expressions?? They're so exaggerated and forced..

Not gonna lie though, I'm interested to know if/what she named the shades of the lipsticks lol.

Posted

I think she might be making her own line rather then collabing with another company, if it was a big company they would have a release, promo, professional shoots etc all done without her needing to ask her followers or taking into account when would be best to release. She's definitely conciencous of it being a financial let down which leads me to think its her own investment into buying x amount and selling x amount. Or she would have at least name dropped the company she was collabing with?

Posted

$15 for a lipstick she's never sold before? Nah, I'll spend my hard-earned $15 on some video game skins before that. From what she's showing, the colors are cute but as others have said, who's she collabing with? That makes a big deal because what if they're not cruelty-free, have a bad rep, etc.? She never hinted at this before and the way she advertised it makes it seem more like an afterthought than an actual genuine nod towards her launch, like "this this and this, OH YEAH, go buy my products that I've never mentioned before!!" If she drops the price to maybe $5-$10, I'd be a bit more willing to purchase them but $15 for these, especially during an economic crisis, seem a little steep.

I rather buy from colourpop or even Jeffree star tha is confirmed cruelty free and vegan

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

Exactly!
Let's just not call something stupid just because we don't like the person who's talking about it. 

I don't know Kenna and I don't think it's fair to approve or disapprove on someone's sexuality just for the sake of it, but I honestly don't believe she's aro, I just think she's narcissistic. 25 years old, no job, struggling with friends and relationships overall... probably it's better to go down that road than having to explain people why can't you maintain any kind of relationships in your life. Besides, that would mean leaving your confort zone: relationships of any kind are work. 

This of course are my impressions based on what I've seen on her social media. I'm not saying all aro/ace people are just covert narcissists.

And about her new lipstick brand... I wouldn't buy it. I'm not struggling financially luckily,  but to me, all influencers and celebrity products just give me this "lack of quality" vibe, and like their products are made just for them so is one style only. What about if I'm not a cottagecore girl but a winter one? Most of them exclude a lot of clients by doing that. Would be interesting to see their take on night make up or sporty style on all skin colors rather than this "DRESS LIKE ME, MAKE UP LIKE ME, BE ME" statement.

Edited by MollyWolly
Typo, I don't know how to write ):

Posted (edited)

I wonder if her lipsticks come in shades 'Muh autism' and 'how bold of you'

wouldnt be surprised if she pulled a jeffree* and named them "controversy" or "drama" to skew search results towards her lipsticks and away from the bad PR

Edited by superhans

Posted

Some lipstick shade name ideas for Kenna: "Don't Kiss Me I'm Turkish", "Mouth Full of Lies", "Cherry Picking Red", "Clown Orange", "Plagiarism Plum", "Silly Goose", and "Blocked"

or 'Don't Kiss Me, I'm AroAce'