• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

1790 posts in this topic

Posted

if she implies here that her brain can't really process the 'meaning' of words, wouldn't that make it incredible hard for her to read poems, understand poems or let alone write poems by herself? wouldn't that contradict a bit that she says she is very passionate about that and doesn't seem to have problems with processing words when it comes to poems?

I mean it can explain why her poems are... not so creative or unique to put it nicely. I’m autistic and I dabbled in writing and my style has always been described as very blunt, straight to the point and simple when it comes to vocabulary. Autistic people can be writers and poets but I think it shows in the style a lot.

Posted

Ok since I don't know much about this i'm just going to ask. but she's probably posting this to excuse her own behaviour and applies this to herself, so she wants people to be patient with her. and i'm not autistic so i can't know but can any autistic person confirm if this is the same for reading and hearing? she seems to use these words to defend herself for past actions, but most of her interactions are in written comments. so if it's written she would (if she was autistic) have the possibility to re-read the messages, or to think about the meaning before replying. i am not sure how this is for autistic people, so i want to make sure here. since it feels like she's using an excuse here that isn't even relevant for anything she did online since every time she gets into arguments it are written arguments.

EDIT: also if she implies here that her brain can't really process the 'meaning' of words, wouldn't that make it incredible hard for her to read poems, understand poems or let alone write poems by herself? wouldn't that contradict a bit that she says she is very passionate about that and doesn't seem to have problems with processing words when it comes to poems?

She's only being childish if she is blaming all her irresponsible actions and words because of autism. I don't think autism makes you an ignorant and irresponsible person, but that's just me. And I'm guessing she is expecting some kind of pit party for everything she "accidentally" does? 

Posted (edited)

I can't imagine her poetry book to have the same ones she posts on Instagram. They're absolutely shallow, awkward to read and talk about herself. They also don't feel relatable to anyone.

Edited by OuO

Posted

To be honest I also don’t know pretty much anything about Margaret Thatcher and I’m an European who was not bad (mediocre) at history in school. I didn’t know she was called Iron Lady and I can see myself accidentally  using it as a name for something as well because in my head it implies a strong and empowered woman. 

I think her intentions were good while naming the poem and this is just pure ignorance on her part for not googling the term before using it.

it's ok not knowing stuff sometimes. i'm not from the UK, nor any part of the western world and my knowledge on Margaret Thatcher is also shallow but i get great discomfort when one proudly display their ignorance and with that kind of reply like Kenna's. Like you mentioned, she could have just googled and admit that she didn't know about Margaret Thatcher, but i guess that kind of response won't make her look "intelligent" and that won't match with her current dark academia ~aesthetic~ either. plus, knowing how thin-skinned she is... 

Posted

Ok since I don't know much about this i'm just going to ask. but she's probably posting this to excuse her own behaviour and applies this to herself, so she wants people to be patient with her. and i'm not autistic so i can't know but can any autistic person confirm if this is the same for reading and hearing? she seems to use these words to defend herself for past actions, but most of her interactions are in written comments. so if it's written she would (if she was autistic) have the possibility to re-read the messages, or to think about the meaning before replying. i am not sure how this is for autistic people, so i want to make sure here. since it feels like she's using an excuse here that isn't even relevant for anything she did online since every time she gets into arguments it are written arguments.

EDIT: also if she implies here that her brain can't really process the 'meaning' of words, wouldn't that make it incredible hard for her to read poems, understand poems or let alone write poems by herself? wouldn't that contradict a bit that she says she is very passionate about that and doesn't seem to have problems with processing words when it comes to poems?

Personally it's easier to read words than hearing them. If I'm very overwhelmed all the words mush together like a language I don't understand and I need to ask to repeat, usually the second time I do understand. As for reading, I had problems understanding only during exams at school because of anxiety, but in that case I wasn't able to write either.
You are right saying that she can re-read the messages and think before replying, that's why there are also apps for people that find themselves in an overwhelming situation... it's like passing a notepad to write, because it's a different mechanism.

I don't think any of what she posted there is about something that happened on instagram but if it was the case then it's just another proof that she is clueless of what autistic people go through.

Posted

I can't imagine her poetry book to have the same ones she posts on Instagram. They're absolutely shallow, awkward to read and talk about herself. They also don't feel relatable to anyone.

I honestly cringe so hard everytime I read any of her poetry. how is she so bad :alpacaworry:

Posted (edited)

To be honest I also don’t know pretty much anything about Margaret Thatcher and I’m an European who was not bad (mediocre) at history in school. I didn’t know she was called Iron Lady and I can see myself accidentally  using it as a name for something as well because in my head it implies a strong and empowered woman. 

I think her intentions were good while naming the poem and this is just pure ignorance on her part for not googling the term before using it.

I agree, its fine not knowing something cause that's how we all learn something new everyday. The thing is that she potrays herself as such a overly smart, intellectual, rational and logical person who is such a perfectionist but couldn't thought to at least Google who Margaret Thatcher was? So it's fine not knowing something, but she just refuse to let go of her own prestigious fabricated view of herself and would rather hide/deny or even be rude than admitting it

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

I have ADHD & auditory processing so this is my own personal experience with APD. 

Auditory processing disorder is described as a hearing problem. So for example, if I have a normal conversation with someone, I'm able to understand some words that are coming out of their mouth but it's almost like they're really really far away or there is some sort of barrier that is making it hard for me to make out what they're saying. Other people describe it as hearing words that are all jumbled up. That being said, it's not considered a hearing impairment. Talking louder or turning up the volume will not help someone with apd "hear" better. Psychically, I still have perfect hearing. I hope that made sense lol. 

"Auditory processing disorder is like YouTube’s auto-generated subtitles. It hears words but cannot process them into an understandable sentence."

Posted

Fucking Christ, here we have Exhibit #564937 of why Kenna's poetry is and will always be lackluster and meaningless: it's always about HER and how BRAVE she is to carry on living her life despite a vague mass of people that want to get her down. I'm sure she feels super creative and relatable when she writes these (who doesn't love an against-the-odds underdog, amirite?), and I understand that she's obviously never had many life experiences to talk about (remember that journal entry of hers that was literally about NOTHING, "the nothings matter too"?) but holy fuck, if you're such a creative poet, write about something ELSE for a change. It can't always be "Me me me me me" and lowkey flexing about your travels/ how pretty you are/ how dreamy you are/ how resilient you are.

She's traveling around Europe and has lived in Japan, and have we gotten one poem describing the beauty of her surroundings? Shes literally in Paris and still writing poems about herself. She's posting photos of what she sees, but I don't think shes actually taking in all of her surroundings. 

Posted

i sort of wonder if the reason she's not put out her poetry book yet is because she's gone through too many phases that dont mesh well together and tried to be too many idyllic but irreconcilable people (that she isn't) and the poetry just doesnt make sense altogether. sorry if that's confusing, i just don't know how to say what i mean lol. like someone said, kendra tries to be at once this cold-calculating, brutal, autistic academic and this free-spirited nomad wearing flowers in her hair and giggling over anime characters, when she's really neither of those things and if she were, she'd probably have to pick one...  aaa i cant explain it. 

Posted (edited)

I have ADHD & auditory processing so this is my own personal experience with APD. 

Auditory processing disorder is described as a hearing problem. So for example, if I have a normal conversation with someone, I'm able to understand some words that are coming out of their mouth but it's almost like they're really really far away or there is some sort of barrier that is making it hard for me to make out what they're saying. Other people describe it as hearing words that are all jumbled up. That being said, it's not considered a hearing impairment. Talking louder or turning up the volume will not help someone with apd "hear" better. Psychically, I still have perfect hearing. I hope that made sense lol. 

"Auditory processing disorder is like YouTube’s auto-generated subtitles. It hears words but cannot process them into an understandable sentence."

Yep, I was going to say this. I'm not sure if I believe Kenna experiences this, and I don't want to doubt her diagnosis based on my own experience (I'm autistic), i mostly doubt it because she's a liar, but auditory processing disorder only affects what I hear when a person talks to me. Maybe that's why I love books and writing so much, because words make way more sense on paper or a screen to me. 

Do you remember the teacher from Charlie Brown? That it was all gibberish when she spoke? That's how I feel sometimes when someone talks to me, specially strangers. For example, I find myself asking the barista to repeat two or three times what they just asked me (type of milk, if I want something else etc) because I can hear they spoke to me but I don't understand what they said, but I don't have any problem writing or reading. 

Edited by matrioska

Posted

i sort of wonder if the reason she's not put out her poetry book yet is because she's gone through too many phases that dont mesh well together and tried to be too many idyllic but irreconcilable people (that she isn't) and the poetry just doesnt make sense altogether. sorry if that's confusing, i just don't know how to say what i mean lol. like someone said, kendra tries to be at once this cold-calculating, brutal, autistic academic and this free-spirited nomad wearing flowers in her hair and giggling over anime characters, when she's really neither of those things and if she were, she'd probably have to pick one...  aaa i cant explain it. 

I understand what you're saying, and I can second this. She's probably been so slow at writing her poetry book that when all the poems are put together, all of her aesthetic phases make them clash with one another.

Probs not up to her perfectionist standards. ¬¬

Posted

I mean it can explain why her poems are... not so creative or unique to put it nicely. I’m autistic and I dabbled in writing and my style has always been described as very blunt, straight to the point and simple when it comes to vocabulary. Autistic people can be writers and poets but I think it shows in the style a lot.

But she has boasted in the past about her “college level reading” or however she said it, wouldn’t this contradict that past statement? Or has she forgotten that since she’s autistic now!?