• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

6190 posts in this topic

Posted

Hidden Content

I believe it translates to "I miss Japan. California is boring". I could be wrong, though.

Posted (edited)

Kenna doesn’t know Japanese: the series

First attempt:

B6B13AB3-6855-4105-8F17-FE580137ED17.thuSecond attempt:

2FAC3BD3-9B4D-4E51-9AFE-ACCED2790985.thuThird attempt (after a fan helped her out in the comments):

2A78BCD4-AAFD-4A16-9384-404698332C35.thu

Well it's her fault for waisting a lot of money and not taking advantage of her opportunity. Neither to learn the language and stay in her year long school to actually learn it instead of dropping off mid-year (stop embarrassing yourself Tokyo! How can you have a japanese nickname and not know the language from the "home" you missed and been at for a year!) And another for not taking the opportunity to explore Japan. What she misses? Japan Starbucks or Japan Disney? Cause that's all she did there... And while she was in Japan, Japan didn't had Michael's nor Target, nor United States Halloween, nor United States Christmas nor... (and on and on the things she complained about while there)

Edit: I bet the only thing she missed is being able to lazy around and nobody to tell her otherwise. It's easy to forget you haven't done anything with your life when you aren't surrounded by people who actually are getting somewhere. Bree having a successful career and being in a good relationship, so is Kenna's sister and friends.

i don't know Japanese and I know if I Google translate it it would be a bad translation so what is being said here?

Screenshot_20200218-151118__01__01.thumb

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

Not to mention, I know she doesn't have many friends in the US, but she has zero friends in Japan. Like, zero, nobody, no support system if shit hits the fan, nothing. Not only did she not do anything, but she didn't talk to anyone, and it will be the same every time she goes back. She is lucky she is able to live with her sister, in a state that millions of people move to every year because of the sheer amount of stuff to do and beautiful weather. She has had the world handed to her on a silver platter multiple times, and she still knocks it down like the toddler she is. 

Translation: I will never get married and I do not want to work, so a Visa is essentially out of the question.

Screenshot_20200218-162745_Instagram.jpg

Posted

*california* is boring?? No, Kenna, YOU are the boring one! California has snowy mountains, gorgeous beaches, giant forests, and sandy deserts all within driving distance. It has tons of vegetarian cafes, art museums, libraries, and weird one of a kind places. BUT SOMEHOW ALL SHE DOES IS DISNEY??? 

what does she even do there nearly every single day? Isn't it exhausting?

Posted

Kenna doesn't miss japan, she misses feeling as if there were something unique and different about her by living in a foreign country. Now she's a 24 year old woman chilling in her sister's house with zero plans for the future, zero job experience, zero schooling, no real passions or interests. 

Side note but as someone who claims to love art, has Kenna been to any of SoCal's amazing art museums? The Broad? Getty Center? LACMA? That right there would be an interesting vlog but I guess thatd involve leaving the house...

That phase to go on museums passed though! If she was with Kaila then maybe! Plus she never trully takes the effort to vlog. What happened to her europe series? It has a more autumn color scheme so I know she won't post those videos now but I also know she will either forget about them once autumn arrives this year and say they are outdates + lost footage

Posted

i thought japan didn’t do autumn well or christmas well or fucking cinemas well ? pick a struggle kanken

Posted

Well apparently now she misses Japan but she's too lazy to deal with the visa stuff 

tbh, this is a bit out of context rephrasing. In her caption she wrote in (bad) Japanese, that she misses Japan and that California is boring. A comment asked her if she ever wants to move back to Japan and she answered "i truly can’t deal with the visa stuff, it’s too much" and also replied to another comment, that she would like to visit Japan again, but not move there again.

So yeah, she finds the visa application for a longer stay to much work, but would at some point visit again as a tourist (not that she wasn't also a tourist during her one year stay lol).

Just wanted to give the whole context because otherwise jumping_jupiter's post sounds like she wants to go back and the only thing holding her back is working out her visa. 

Besides that...of course she misses Japan now, after discovering that not all of California was welcoming her back on their knees, but also after meeting people, who are extremely impressed by her quirky traveling. Also, physically staying in Japan, failing a language school and trying to get an entertainment visa was her task/plan. Now she got even less to do in California. There is just so much money left she can use to flee to places to escape responsibility, being an adult and taking life seriously. Maybe this point is already reached, maybe not, but at some point she must find something she's happy with and that provides stability and perspective. Traveling the world and not even using half the potential traveling offers to make interesting videos is not something you can live on. Throwing metaphorical stones angrily at happy couples online is also not really a plan or a goal or at least something that makes you money.  :alpacaconfused: