• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

4628 posts in this topic

Posted

Oof, Kenna really needs to decide if she wants to be a "filler friend" or if she wants to be aroace. Only because you're aroace and only have platonic relationships, doesn't mean you can rip your friends of their own happiness. You can't force them to stay alone only to be with you, when they want happiness as well, which - surprise - for a lot of people is to find a partner. Which also obviously doesn't mean that they don't want any friends anymore when they do find a partner. As aroace it's clearly difficult to arrange yourself with your best friends all starting relationships and families at some point in your life, but that's part of growing up and not exclusive for aroaces, it happens to all of us that we're drifting apart with all friends. Kenna is just acting like a teenager in puberty still, throwing fits instead of taking a good look at herself and trying to accept that she is aroace and this will always happen to her, that she can't claim another person for herself like that. She's just so damn selfish, it's unbelievable.

Posted

She's acting like a 12 year old.

Imagine being her friend and just reading that passive-aggressive shit. I would certainly drop her like a hot potato.

Kenna, people aren't entitled to friendship and to being someone's "most important person". People get into relationships and move on with life. It's called growing up. They're still your friends, they just have other priorities which is normal and healthy, but wanting to be the center of attention is just selfish - let people live ffs.

Also, when people grow up and get jobs, they also stop having so much time to hang out with their friends etc. It must be extra frustrating for Kenna considering she has a lot more free time than everyone else. When your life is that empty, you start depending a lot more on others for your own happiness and fulfillment.

Posted

Maybe it's just because I have similar people in my life to how Kenna is behaving right now, but this "woe is me, my problem is that I love TOO MUCH and it is taken for granted" bullshit drives me up a wall. I have a 'friend' who makes similar claims constantly about how all the friendships she loses are because she gives too much and gets taken advantage of while always being ghosted and never getting any care in return, and as someone who is 'friends' with her that's patently false--she loses friends because she's only surface-nice and below that she's bitter and vindictive and spiteful and passive-aggressive. I wouldn't be shocked if Kenna is exactly the same, especially considering that she's nearly 25 and still thinks vague-posting about her friends on her gigantic online platform is an acceptable way of venting her loneliness and frustration.

Everyone has probably experienced, at some point in their life, feelings like they aren't actually as important to their friends and family as they wish they were. No one likes to feel disposable or replaceable; it's part of the human condition. But most people have the emotional maturity to know deep down that their friends do love them and the problem is their own attitude and expectations, and to turn that spotlight inside and consider maybe their own behavior is also part of the problem.

Posted

I don't know where even to begin lol....

When she's the "filler friend" as she put it, there are roughly 3 different possible reasons:

• her circle of friends is toxic and they are shitty people
  • Kenna is the shitty person, so nobody wants to around her for to long or not at all
  • both Kenna AND her friends are shitty people and treat each other accordingly

So she should either change her circle of friends and/or change herself. 

I wonder how the people in her life think about her posts, like Bree, Gracie, her sister...like Bree took her in on Christmas and cheered her up, her sister lets her live in her apartment. My guess would be, that they are kinda used to Kenna's drama and at this point just shrug it off.

The other thing is: Friendships change and life changes. I have very good friends I can't see or talk to often for different reasons and it's okay. I love catching up with them, it would be amazing to see and talk weekly with them, but I also understand that with adulthood so many more factors can come into one's life like having and caring for children, battling a severe illness, having a taxing job and having to move away because of it, caring for an older relative, working multiple jobs, investing a lot of time in a certain education and so, so, so much more. But that doesn't mean I'm not super important in someone's life or that when I don't have time I don't love that person. 

It just feels indeed narcissistic and desperately trying to stay a child. She's 24 and sad and cranky because she can't get the undivided attention of someone 24/7 9_9

I wonder if it is something she picked up from her parents divorcing? Undivided attention equals love? Maybe she's still her parents favourite child, but of course with 24 you are treated differently than a 10-year old favourite child. I can totally imagine that her parents don't want to treat her like a child anymore, because she's fucking 24 and Kenna can't deal with that. 

Little story time Kenna's recent tantrum reminds me of:

I have a friend that I know since primary school and he's autistic. It was definitely harder for him to make friends, but he also enjoyed to be on his own and also needed a lot alone time, so it was okay. He had a small circle of friends and he hung out with us and otherwise taking his alone time and was content with it. Then some years ago he started to feel sad about not having a long term boyfriend. He hooked up with guys and also hung with some, but he started to feel like he needed a long term romantic relationship, he wasn't a person really digging romantic relationships but he felt like he should have one. So he became very pushy with his hook ups and was always complaining to our circle of friends. First it was the hook ups, who didn't want a romantic relationship, then it was that nobody cared for him, then he complained to his friends that he had no real friends. And obviously people stopped hanging out with him. I tried reaching out so, so many times and try to get him out of his spiral, but everytime we talked it was always about how horrible his life was, how alone he was, how nobody cared for him, he couldn't even acknowledge that I indeed cared for him as why I was talking to him, tried to spend time with him and help him. I still try to reach out now and then, but it is always the same and not once in the last two years did he ask me how I was doing, just always about how horrible his life is and that nobody loves him. 

I wonder if it is just Kenna being very immature and not well adjusted to adulthood and relationships of any kind or if the combination of being narcissistic and being aro/ace is a hell of a ride. She should get into some aro/ace communities and make some friends there, maybe she could find a best non-romantic bud.

Posted

I don't know where even to begin lol....

When she's the "filler friend" as she put it, there are roughly 3 different possible reasons:

• her circle of friends is toxic and they are shitty people
  • Kenna is the shitty person, so nobody wants to around her for to long or not at all
  • both Kenna AND her friends are shitty people and treat each other accordingly

So she should either change her circle of friends and/or change herself. 

Given that all this passive aggressive venting started when she got back from Japan and she's bitter and can't take her friends having other people in their lives I think we can all guess which reason is correct.(*cough* Kenna it's you, you're the problem)

Posted

I also think she is lowkey jealous because her friends have probably been doing alot of posative things. She went to Japan for a year, Europe for a month, and blew a shit ton of money. Yet has 0 to show for it. Infact I would argue she came back worse considering how bitter she's been. Instead of thinking about where she messed up&try and change her situation, she would rather act like a 16 year old. Its pretty sad tbh considering she's 24.

Posted

And she seriously wants a boyfriend???? Can you imagine being in a relationship with an adult THIS selfish, childish, immature and narcissistic????? 

Geez, I can imagine Kenna broadcasting every little thing that her boyfriend does wrong to all her followers, passive aggressive memes instead of talking things out and possible accusations of ableism once they break up... I am not even sure what guy would want to date Kenna. 

Posted

Wait so she's sad the people who she herself says are not her number 1 (since she "hasn't found em yet") don't have her as her number 1 either??

I don't get her logic here, it seems like they're all on mutual terms about each other. Why should they have to treat Kenna better than she treats them? She's the one treating them as filler friends.

She probably thought of someone as #1 but since she's not their #1 reciprocally as she mentioned she commented that 

Posted

That‘s so childish! Having a #1 best friend was a thing in my childhood/teens. Now where I am an adult, I just have friends! Some of them are more close then others, which is fine and no one has a problem with that normally. 

Posted

So basically what kenna wants is a platonic boyfriend, cause ya know it can't be a femlae(vom) but has to be a soft feminine boi, no sex maybe just occasional kisses and cuddles uwu who has all the free time in the world to go to Disney with her and never leave her side.

And didn't Kenna refer to Grace as her #1 countless times before she moved to Japan and Grace got a bf, like sorry she didn't put her life on hold while you were off doing fuck all for clout. Same with Bree honestly, you can't expect everything to be exactly the same as you left it when you were gone for a year you entitled little cunt.

ok just making sure i wasnt the only one who read that and was thinking "#1 important person" = boyfriend/partner/love interest. 
i wouldnt be surprised if we see kenna with a bf in the future but im sure no one on pull would be surprised.
its also pretty selfish of her to guilt her friends for having significant others lol. wish them happiness kenna... everything cant be about you 100%

Posted

Another commenter who failed to get through to her:

Screenshot_20200122-182036_Instagram.jpg

Sorry for being a little late in the thread here, but...this is some petty, immature bullshit and it's just Kenna being upset that her friends have grown over the time she's been away. But guess who hasn't? Kenna.

I don't believe her aro/ace stance anymore, especially after the stories she shared recently about trying to find "aro/ace boys". I know it's been said before, but...why on god's green earth is she looking for specifically a "boy" for that? If she isn't looking for a relationship of any romantic form, why does it matter what gender they are? Kenna is straight as a fucking arrow. It's just that no one is willing to put up with her narcissistic loli Disneybound bullshit long enough to develop a relationship with her.

It's not them, Kenna. It's you. Fix yourself.