• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

5879 posts in this topic

Posted

Kenna is still allowed to enjoy things 

Most def.  I think the thing w/ Kenna is she likes to attach herself to fandoms or personas in an attempt to be relatable&reinvent herself.

Like with Japan. Just for some clarity there is nothing wrong with being an otaku or loving otaku things. The issue is when you thing everthing anime=Japanese Culture, making a person a weeabo. Kenna just couldn't leave it at being an Otaku and occasion trips to the heart of Tokyo because she enjoys anime. Nope. She had to proclaim it was her home, move there without investing anytime into learning about the culture (outside weeb stuffs) prior to moving, and attempt to be a jvlogger.

There is a reason why many higher education institutions in the US require atleast a year (or more) of language study before being able to study abroad.  Because its easy to have an experience similar to Kenna

Posted

No no no no no 

Okay so not to sound selfish but I'm very happy the Witcher got a show and that it was actually done well.

The Witcher is my fave game series of all time and I really hope the show encourages more people to play the game(s) because they're so phenomenal and incredibly rich in story and the world has so much depth to it

But no Kenna, don't you DARE pretend to be a Witcher fan. Why? Because I know you'll wear it on your sleeve pretending to be a die hard fan and that you've always liked the Witcher even though you've totally never mentioned it before and then you'll forget about it next week. 

Screenshot_20200101-101320.png

Sounds like you yourself are a big Witcher fan. But let's get one thing straight - game series are (just like tv show) just based on the Sapkowski's books. So imho people claiming to "be here longer" and "know the story better than tv show watcher" cause they like the game are... pretty funny, no offense. 

I might be biased just cause I'm tired of so many people comparing tv show to the game (ffs it's book's adaptation, not game's).

Posted

"Sex loving assholes" lol does this girl really not hear how insurable she sounds? Oh wait Snowflake never mind. Being self aware is a skill they don't have.

Posted

Not sure why people are so salty over us being skeptical about the fact that Kenna is liking a rather sexual and « adult «  show when she always puts on this ~*pure innocent aro ace uwu*~ act.

Honestly though, I am surprised that she liked the show, was she not the one to hate over « sex loving assholes »?? Watch her diagnose Geralt as autistic lmao. 

One minute she all about the ~pure innocent I don't even know what alcohol is I only watch Disney movies and I consider them the pinnacle of depth ~ act, the other she's posting pics of herself in her underwear and drooling over gay pairings and gender bent characters (always fron female to male)

Which one is it, Kenna? Not saying you can't have both as a normal adult human being, but contradicting yourself like that in your HUGE ongoing effort to seem special for a different reason every week is kinda sus.

Posted (edited)

So imho people claiming to "be here longer" and "know the story better than tv show watcher" cause they like the game are... pretty funny, no offense. 

I agree with you. 

On another note, I think that we all already know that the only reason she watched Witcher was because of Henry Cavill so I don't think it has anything to do with the game itself.

20200101_172403.thumb.png.fe96ad792641f720200101_172419.thumb.png.84fed628fb7426

Edited by Internet Explorer

Posted

Kenna seriously strikes me as the kind of person who's so lonely that they seek out collectives to be a part of so that they feel less alone. That's probably why she likes attaching herself to things she may or may not be or like, but that's just my two cents.

Posted

Maybe the Witcher-discussion can be moved to the nitpicking threat? Kenna posted an instagram story with 2 sentences, memeing the Witcher, that's it. I don't see how we must discuss this further. Also making this out as an indication that Kenna is not asexual seems very farfatched and...well, nitpicky. 

Hidden Content

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you, dude. The most I've seen people use the Nitpicking thread is to bitch that they disagree about whatever's being talked about on the main thread and to criticize other PULL users. Still not sure why everyone was screaming about Kenny getting her own subforum if everyone was going to only use the main thread anyway, the other threads are just chilling there, dead for ages.

Posted

Hmm

Posted

Kenna seriously strikes me as the kind of person who's so lonely that they seek out collectives to be a part of so that they feel less alone. That's probably why she likes attaching herself to things she may or may not be or like, but that's just my two cents.

I agree except I can't imagine her actually participating in a fandom as a member of the group. She has to be the queen bee, the top fan. She doesn't join fandoms to make friends with people who have similar interests as her, she just wants to show off that she's the best at liking things.

Posted (edited)

The context here is that Geralt's "hmms" sounds have gotten a bit of attention in the first season of the show because of the deep growly tone of his voice which women find really attractive and sexually inciting.

Here's some tweets on Twitter alone if you search up "Geralt Hm":

IMG_20200101_212400.thumb.png.0b3633264a

IMG_20200101_212453.thumb.png.1e982cbd3e

IMG_20200101_212531.thumb.png.734d1c46ca

IMG_20200101_212604.thumb.png.75895a42f9

It's popular enough that there have been compilation videos of Geralt's "Hmm" and sublte "fucks" made of it. Watch here for context:

Here's some comments from the videos:

IMG_20200101_212710.thumb.png.f527d95fce

IMG_20200101_212933.thumb.png.039653a080IMG_20200101_213001.thumb.png.8dd8bdade0IMG_20200101_213025.thumb.png.042fa899bd

It's hard to tell with the pictures in her story so I hope the videos gives more context. 

So basically Kenna posted that because she, like the other women, also felt aroused by his "hmms".

No truly aroace person would make such comments about his "Hmms" because as you suggest, to them it would just be a regular "hmm" emotion they feel nothing towards and wouldn't stand out to them. Kenna obviously felt something because it stood out to her enough to make a story.

It's the same as her other subtle stories she posted in the past about Kit Harrington, Yuzuru Hanyu [and other numerous men I don't even remember by name] because she felt attracted towards them but the moment anyone questions her sexuality after posting those things, she quickly goes back to her story of "I'm aroace, I can't feel anything"... which isn't true because otherwise she wouldn't be posting those subtle stories that straight girls would make.

Hence why I wrote "What a totally aroace post 🙄🙄"

I think this is a huge leap. Like..... a huuuuuuge, huge leap.

edit: shit sorry I didn’t see there were more comments and this discussion was pretty much done lol, sorry to drag it out more.

Edited by Froot_

Posted

I think it will benefit her to take a creative writing class at her local community college. I know that she probably is hesitant but it would help her a lot or at the very least, refresh her on certain literary elements. People would take her more seriously and she can minimize the mistakes in her writing. However, her fans will still buy it and probably give her great reviews regardless. She should make her poetry more accessible and less like she’s trying too hard. I think all of us here would even praise her. There is nothing wrong with admitting you’re not a great writer but still trying and writing at a level that an average person can understand. 

Posted

I think it will benefit her to take a creative writing class at her local community college. I know that she probably is hesitant but it would help her a lot or at the very least, refresh her on certain literary elements. People would take her more seriously and she can minimize the mistakes in her writing. However, her fans will still buy it and probably give her great reviews regardless. She should make her poetry more accessible and less like she’s trying too hard. I think all of us here would even praise her. There is nothing wrong with admitting you’re not a great writer but still trying and writing at a level that an average person can understand. 

She just dislikes Academia. I don't think she hates education, I think she hates the rules&structure. I could see her struggling a bit in a creative writing class because she can't accept constructive criticism. There are also deadlines&rubrics. But I do agree I think she needs community college for a bit. If she fails a course and has to retake it I think it will encourage her not to just say screw it and give up when things don't go her way. Like hmmm how do I put this? Her being in the real world, the one with stresses, challenges, deadlines, and having to work for an achievement is good for her. She would learn how good it feels to work for something and earn it. Cuz its a great feeling to reap benefits of something one puts effort into.