• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

4463 posts in this topic

Posted

What's the point in speculating? She hasn't finished the book in years, and she'll continue not finishing it for all the years to come. It'll never get to the publishing stage.

Posted (edited)

I doubt her parents have much influence in that (or any tbh) world.

Its not like shes the daughter of jk  rowling. But yeah, a bad book written by lets say, a (grand) child of JK Rowling, Roald Dahl, Stephen King, Sophie Kinsella, will achieve a lot more success than a book of a nobody with good to average writing skills.

It's unfair but unfortunately how it works. I think her parents have the money to get her in a contract with a publishing agency, but not the social influence to make her book popular/best seller.

Edited by Kiko

Posted

She's telling for YEARS she's going to publish her book "soon", so it's all just speculation. Maybe Japan made her realise that she has nothing to show for herself, so she will push for her book in 2020 for real. She will definitely self publish, it's the easiest thing to do and I don't think she wants to get any criticism from an agent or publisher. Self publishing is the way of least work and resistance. Could be claiming that it was the only way~ because she's so special and unique and mainstream publishing doesn't understand her and that there is simply no space for an asexual autist like her in traditional publishing. 

Maybe we will have a big drama about it in 2020. Fallout with an illustrator. Scamming her buyers. Not sending out orders/orders getting lost. 

I can also see her not having it ready in 2020, because she was "sooo busy with buying a house!".

I wouldn't sweat or speculate too much about it, she promised so much stuff she wants to do, I believe her book is coming for real when people can actually legit buy it. I can see her thinking that she will make a lot of money from it, but it will fall flat and she will be mad.

Posted

Honestly, I doubt that she'll publish her book in 2020, but if all of this was the kick in the pants she needed to actually get it done, then good for her.

Posted

is she going to write her woes? jesus

"... a misunderstood autistic asexual young woman, struggling with anxiety and other problems from an early age. Anxiety and daily hate online weren't enough for her to back down. Young self-published author Mckenna explores her deepest thoughts, transcending into Dios-

wait, wrong snowflake.

Posted (edited)

is she going to write her woes? jesus

"... a misunderstood autistic asexual young woman, struggling with anxiety and other problems from an early age. Anxiety and daily hate online weren't enough for her to back down. Young self-published author Mckenna explores her deepest thoughts, transcending into Dios-

wait, wrong snowflake.

lol yea. I was thinking of Morena as well when i read that Kenna said that she's definitely gonna release the her poetry book in 2020... She's most likely going to take the easy route and self-publish through Amazon like Morena. Unless... I'm underestimating her pride and she ends up trying really hard to go through a legit agent and publisher. Doubt that she will make it though because 1. Her "poems" are really nothing to write home about and is at amateur level. 2. Traditional publishing and editing would take more time and for her book to happen in 2020 is... very unlikely. Plus, Kenna is a terrible procrastinator and her "book" isn't even fully completed yet. 3. Lbr, Kenna has never been serious about poetry and it's all for the aesthetics~ What's the point in going through the more well-recognized but difficult way of publishing when she will never be taken seriously as a poet considering the standard of her work and her lack of drive in improving her writing.

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

Well mark it in time 

D9CB4679-492D-473D-89F2-7115CE6E50FF.jpeg

Posted

well if shes 100% serious about this, and its not some overly excited promise.....then i hope she realizes she cannnot get angry at her fans in the future for wondering about the progress. 

Posted

Her poems are going to be all about herself anyway.  We already know who she really is so it's pointless to try and delve deeper.  She's a vapid narcissist who enjoys never having to be held accountable for her offputting, degenerate personality.

Posted

How come she still writes really bad poems even though she has been doing it for years now? It would be a different story if she actually just told everyone she writes poems without showing them, but she is writing quite a lot (a lot for Kenna i mean) and i see no progress. Anyone at this pace would've improved at least a bit.

Posted

How come she still writes really bad poems even though she has been doing it for years now? It would be a different story if she actually just told everyone she writes poems without showing them, but she is writing quite a lot (a lot for Kenna i mean) and i see no progress. Anyone at this pace would've improved at least a bit.

She doesn't seem to read much past YA fiction and she doesn't experiment much with form in her poetry or even other types of writing. Even publishing a book (and going through the experience of editing and organising her work) would have helped her improve. It's hard to improve if you don't try to challenge yourself and stay in the comfort zone. 

Posted (edited)

Nvm. Everyone completely misread and blew up my point.

Edited by saltfox

Posted

No no no no no 

Okay so not to sound selfish but I'm very happy the Witcher got a show and that it was actually done well.

The Witcher is my fave game series of all time and I really hope the show encourages more people to play the game(s) because they're so phenomenal and incredibly rich in story and the world has so much depth to it

But no Kenna, don't you DARE pretend to be a Witcher fan. Why? Because I know you'll wear it on your sleeve pretending to be a die hard fan and that you've always liked the Witcher even though you've totally never mentioned it before and then you'll forget about it next week. 

Screenshot_20200101-101320.png

No way she would get through the explicitly sexual content if she chose to play the game though.

Also every Witcher game is now on sale on gog, have fun.