• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

4463 posts in this topic

Posted

This. Movie tickets are so expensive (at least in the US) that most people go no more than 3 times a year, if that. We also have something called Redbox which is a kiosk near shopping centers and grocery stores where you can rent out a movie 3 months after its release for $1 so there’s really no reason to go to the movies to see something for $25 unless you have a gift card, a seasonal pass, or have tons of money to blow. Even big time film nerds don’t go and if they do they choose a single film to get excited for and watch. I love movies but I haven’t been in over a year because it’s just too expensive and makes little sense with Redbox and Netflix, etc.

she’s trying to show how rich and quirky she is.

i fully believe you regarding how expensive movie tickets are (germany is the same), but it doesn't surprise me at all that someone would watch a movie multiple times if they really love it. a bunch of american people on my tl watched promare like six times and most of them are poor students. sure, kenna is just flexing how much of a fan she is, but it's movie tickets, not a macbook.

Posted (edited)

This. Movie tickets are so expensive (at least in the US) that most people go no more than 3 times a year, if that. We also have something called Redbox which is a kiosk near shopping centers and grocery stores where you can rent out a movie 3 months after its release for $1 so there’s really no reason to go to the movies to see something for $25 unless you have a gift card, a seasonal pass, or have tons of money to blow. Even big time film nerds don’t go and if they do they choose a single film to get excited for and watch. I love movies but I haven’t been in over a year because it’s just too expensive and makes little sense with Redbox and Netflix, etc.

not trying to WK because I really doubt Kenna actually cared to find out when things were cheaper, but in the states I’ve lived in, they all had specific days during the week where certain theaters are only $5 per ticket all day. And usually if you go before 5P.M. on the weekdays they will be around $7-8. The most expensive I’ve seen is after 5P.M. weekend nights for $12-15 (really pricey, I’d never spend money on that) 

I saw Joker three times in theaters because I kept going with different groups, but it was only on the $5 day. 

But, since it’s Kenna, I’m not sure she particularly went at times where you could save a lot of money. I don’t think it’s a flex though, I agree with the user above, it’s just her being annoying and showing how much she loves Frozen.

Sorry for the derail but you guys should find your theaters that do $5 for new movies in the states. :) I’ve tbh never seen them for $25 unless it’s one of those “dine-in & eat/bar movie theaters.”

Edited by blackcat

Posted

Kenna going off in jerianie’s post gave me a chuckle because I did expect a troll to do so after reading the photo’s caption but I genuinely didn’t expect it to be Kenna. It only stopped because jerianie didn’t reply any more.

0985CC5C-553D-4671-BC6D-A41273F1EA69.jpeg

20E170F9-9197-4D06-BDC6-BA08BDBDBC7C.jpeg

F0621BE0-0556-448B-85CC-FF03291B4DF4.jpeg

Kenna literally doesn't make a single point in favour of a movie she would "rant for 10 thousand years". I don't think it's a masterpiece, but if she thinks so she should be able to defend that statement. 

Posted

Back to Grace’s post, I find it truly sad that Ken makes zero mention of her best friend’s struggles, no thoughtful comment of support or acknowledgement. Perhaps she’s done so privately but if Grace put this out there for the world to see don’t you think it only fitting for her BEST FRIEND to respond? Nope. Because it’s the KENNA SHOW!!! :alpacadone:

Posted

I live in the US and movies in a cinema are well within a budget of an average American ($8-$15.) Gonna have to disagree on this one. 

Posted

Yeah it’s $25-35 for two people is what I meant and that isn’t including drinks or anything, just tickets. $15 a ticket is about the usual unless you go on college days or $5 tuesdays before 5pm. I’m just saying $15 is way too expensive for most Americans to begin with and most people definitely don’t see a movie more than once in theaters unless someone else is paying like parents, friends, bf, etc.

Im trying to say it’s an obscene amount of money to pay for a MOVIE, especially when we have Redbox. It’s a very teen/college kid thing to do because they just use their allowance but most american middle class adults do not blow money on movies.

Posted (edited)

Oh Kenna, still pushing the "I'm so smol uwu, can't you see I'm still a kid?" narrative

giphy.gif

Next

I'm not American. And something I noticed recently it's that Americans are really tall compared from where I'm from. So Kenna is just average size or even big compared to the girls living here, but she's not ready for that conversation. 🤭

Edited by 5'1bastard
If she is actually 1.60 that's not small at all...

Posted (edited)

OT but uh is it just me or we're missing pages on this thread

i'm like tripping out that there's only 200+ pages 

Edited by me me big weeb
i feel like i'm going insaaaaaneee

Posted

Hidden Content

That’s how we know she didn’t do a thing in Japan. Wasn’t this thread to show her marvelous adventures of Japan? She really didn’t do a thing, nor that many videos.

Posted

Hidden Content

This Thread 6 started at the end of September when Kenna was going on her Europe trip and was doing the whole dark academia and European-lite ("my German ancestors would be proud") phase, hence why there's only 200+ pages. Thread 5 started on January 1 when Kenna made her move to Japan and has almost 700 pages.

Posted (edited)

To think we'll be on thread 7 since Japanophile Kenna is officially RIP. Gonna have to add the final phase of her  disenchantment w/ Japan to it too. The rude to fans about Japan content& making ignorant false statements about Japanese culture when they didn't give her her way is the cherry on top.  She didn't even last a year. My friend bet me a pretzel she wouldn't last 1 year. I atleast thought she would eave Jan 2020 originally XD. My friend enjoyed her pretzel. 

Edited by TB09

Posted

Instead of just throwing away her money over a movie she’s seen and could easily be found online why not just save that money for a house and grow up. She said she would have a house by 25 she might as well save now 

Posted

Well, this is serious research for the child she is going to adopt. When the agency is gonna ask about her references, Kenna will pull out 4 tickets of the same Disney movie and they will entrust all the children to her. 

/s