• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

4718 posts in this topic

Posted

Those 6 weeks spent preparing to travel, traveling, and then recovering from traveling sure gave her SO much content just like she said! One short video and then she goes AWOL to lie around watching cartoons again. While students rush home from the holidays to continue working on their end of semester assignments and adult workers have to get up early and work again the next day, 24 year old kid Kenna can’t possibly spend a couple hours at night and in the morning editing. Her discipline will surely translate well into her imagined real career, all that working and budgeting. Just a matter of time and a few more ATLA rewatching marathons before her magical career in interior design or business ownership drops out of the sky. 

If she was dedicated to her job, she would have even use her long flight time to edit, but she can't be bothered. 

Posted (edited)

Damn she seems so insufferable in those video stories, screaming cursing and taking it way too seriously omg she's so cringey i'd hate playing this game with her if i were her sister. Her sister answers so calmly and kenna's like trying so hard lol also I can't imagine how cringey it would be to be filming while playing

Edited by Nakimae

Posted

I get what you’re saying, @derialpepapig. It’s always nice to see different opinions in here to break up the monotony. The thing is, I think Kenna did exactly what you did on her behalf. She looked at all the things her haters pointed out about her and then paired it with a list of known autistic traits, possibly even led down that train of thought by a stan or someone in her DMs (she’s been known to follow the advice of strangers to slap a bandaid on a controversy). Then she made an appointment with an English speaking therapist in Japan and came out three hours later with a diagnosis. 

Posted

Idk why Kenna never created a Thanksgiving video. Thanksgiving is the quintessential American ~autumn~ holiday. It's all about being cozy, hanging out with friends and family, and cooking/eating delicious food. 

Maybe it's not as exciting as Halloween videos but idk, it could be fun. Like, does her family have any unique Thanksgiving traditions? Is there any Thanksgiving food she likes? Plenty of chances to film "cozy" things like laying around in pajamas, watching movies, cute desserts.

Then again idk why Kenna doesn't create... 99% of the awesome content she could create, considering her wealthy and laid-back lifestyle and traveling all over the world. 

Posted

I'm watching the stories of her and her sister doing the disney trivia and im genuinely laughing with them. she could be so successful if she was just fun and silly and genuine like this all the time 

thats the thing. She cares too much what ppl think of her so she is never herself. Its just more reasons she should stay in the states for awhile and be with her family. Kenna should stay here and focus on getting her GED in 2020 instead of wasting thousands of dollars 

Posted

thats the thing. She cares too much what ppl think of her so she is never herself. Its just more reasons she should stay in the states for awhile and be with her family. Kenna should stay here and focus on getting her GED in 2020 instead of wasting thousands of dollars 

Wait she doesn't have her GED? But didn't she graduate high school? 

Posted

correct me if I am wrong but didnt she dop out of HS? Also she's not spoken about getting her GED before right? Please correct me if I am wrong. I tthought she said she dropped out due to some social issue's/not being able to fit in anywhere.

Posted (edited)

She’s a high school drop out IIRC EDIT: and in fact I did not recall correctly 😂 Thanks for the memory jog @Winnie

Edited by Redpandagal

Posted

She’s a high school drop out IIRC

shes not a drop out, she graduated but barely. At some point she said something about her mom tricking her into not dropping out or something.

Posted (edited)

Kenna you went to like a therapist for three hours in a country that is known to not have a good service for mental illness that’s not enough to tell you have autism 

Surprisingly, Japan is known as the country with a very high rate of autism diagnoses, some people in autistic community even said the highest (I just checked and in several websites said Japan is always top 5 in the world, dunno reliable or not, but the consensus is Japan is very aware about autism).

https://www.focusforhealth.org/autism-rates-across-the-developed-world/

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-autism.html

So either they know autism very well, or it's very easy to be diagnosed with autism (show some traits and suddenly you are diagnosed!)

People also told me I have nothing to worry about if my autistic brother started to "act autistic" because of that, when I was panicking that maybe going to the "please behave properly" country that Japan is with my brother will be trying. 

Another perspective from Kenna's diagnosis, perhaps. Ofc 3 hours and one session is so short to be sure and Kenna sounds like she's milking it. Sorry if it's beating the dead horse. And sorry I if it's already in autistic thread, haven't read there.

Edited by Nikkha
disclaimer

Posted

Surprisingly, Japan is known as the country with a very high rate of autism diagnoses, some people in autistic community even said the highest (I just checked and in several websites said Japan is always top 5 in the world, dunno reliable or not, but the consensus is Japan is very aware about autism).

https://www.focusforhealth.org/autism-rates-across-the-developed-world/

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/countries-with-the-highest-rates-of-autism.html

So either they know autism very well, or it's very easy to be diagnosed with autism (show some traits and suddenly you are diagnosed!)

People also told me I have nothing to worry about if my autistic brother started to "act autistic" because of that, when I was panicking that maybe going to the "please behave properly" country that Japan is with my brother will be trying. 

Another perspective from Kenna's diagnosis, perhaps. Ofc 3 hours and one session is so short to be sure and Kenna sounds like she's milking it. Sorry if it's beating the dead horse. And sorry I if it's already in autistic thread, haven't read there.

I think she just got a bad diagnosis. Obviously she's not Level 2, which is allegedly what this counselor told her. Not that the counselor she saw is totally unqualified, but she's like brand new to practice and she's not a doctor... I just feel like you need to be seeing a psychologist/MD who specializes in autism for this sort of thing? 

Also, they were really aware of autism in the district I taught with in Japan, but based on that sample size, the diagnoses def weren't arbitrary. The kids at my school had very evident autism, like they unquestionably needed support. So yeah, it seems like Japan knows what it is and how to support people with it at least in my experience.

Kenna went to like a foreigners' only establishment and took a very generic test by a brand new (non-JP) counselor... which is prob not the norm over there. So I feel like her experience is not an accurate reflection of how Japan actually handles autism