• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

5826 posts in this topic

Posted

Off topic but has she even watched Lilo and Stitch? There’s an explanation for every one of those behaviors and Nami did get annoyed at Lilo, but I guess that final bit is just a reminder for her friends/family: “I’m not weird!!!! Don’t get mad at me for being a bitch”

Nami doesn't go along with it at all, considering how badly she wants Lilo to behave to protect her and for her own sake. Guess that flew over Kenna's head even though it makes up a huge part of the movie. 

Posted

If I had the patience for it, I could probably find side by side pictures of kenna’s “this is only in Europe” with other places around the US or even Japan.. she’s so self centred, just she didn’t experience it means it doesn’t exist?? What narcissistic bs is this??

When I was traveling in *Detroit* I must have seen AT LEAST 10 different places that look exactly like her Europe photos.

Posted

Off topic but has she even watched Lilo and Stitch? There’s an explanation for every one of those behaviors and Nami did get annoyed at Lilo, but I guess that final bit is just a reminder for her friends/family: “I’m not weird!!!! Don’t get mad at me for being a bitch”

She already projects her asexuality onto characters who aren't interested in romance or sex because they're children, so it's unfortunately not too surprising she's ignoring characters with other reasons for their behaviors in order to compare them to herself yet again, even when that reason is something really significant and not up for interpretation like the trauma faced by Lilo and Violet. 

I think it's great when people can relate to characters and find solace in that kind of connection, and with some of these characters it makes sense, but Kenna will warp how she sees any character in order to make them part of her identity. "I'm the real life Snow White, Peter Pan, Draco, Sabrina, Eleven, Jack Skellington, Elsa, Anna, Newt..." Anything she likes becomes a title for her like it's all MBTI. 

Posted (edited)

The only character I (as an aspie) truly relate to, is Violet Evergarden but... seriously, Violet was a orphan child who was forced to become a weapon in the military, treated as nothing more than that besides her major, who teaches her to be a human.

Due to her harsh upbringing, I can totally see the signs of autism caused by her lack of human social contact until she was found at age 10 and didn’t go living in the society until the war was over, years later. 

She lost her arms when protecting her Major, and even then, she is determined to save him (trying to drag him with her teeth). The reason she wears gloves is because she is received metallic prosthetic arms, but she has no issue taking them off.

There is so many moments and aspect of Violet that she could have brought up, this manga and anime is an emotional rollercoaster. Violet never struggles with empathy, she struggles with putting words to her emotions and understanding them. Therefore she comes OFF as being emotionless just because she doesn’t process emotions like others.

Which is one of the TRUE struggles about autism. I care so much about others but I suck at expressing it, but that’s what professional therapy is there to help you with. Has she done ANY treatment to help herself understand and cope with her symptoms? Or does she expect the whole world to bend and twist to her every need? Because that’s not how the world works, sis. Doesn’t matter if you have autism or not, you aren’t more worth than others because of your disorder and shouldn’t get princess treatment just because.

She paints up this picture of people on the spectrum is automatically lacking of empathy, are rude, don’t understand right from wrong etc.  

Edited by CitizenXx
Failed at spoilers

Posted

I can’t help but keep wondering what happened with Kaila specifically? What could have went down where they had to burn bridges? We’ve all predicted it was over food or maybe even Kaila read this thread, but it could’ve been over something completely stupid like disagreeing over character ships

I think Kenna tried to use her autism as an excuse for whatever shitty behavior she was engaging in on the trip and Kaila called her out on it like we do here. Hence the "ableist" accusation w/ no context because Kenna doesn't  want to get called out any further. 

Posted

I think Kenna tried to use her autism as an excuse for whatever shitty behavior she was engaging in on the trip and Kaila called her out on it like we do here. Hence the "ableist" accusation w/ no context because Kenna doesn't  want to get called out any further. 

It would honestly probably be smartest of her to politely post her side of the story in a civil way telling us what the disagreement was about, therefore clearing any suspicion about her character or actions. Instead I feel like her vagueing Kaila actually makes her look like the worse person/one in the wrong if she can’t back up her arguments with facts

Posted

100% agreed I think she thought by being vauge her followers would give her sympathy. But it made her look even worse.

Posted

Guys, you are all assholes for pointing out that she has idealized vague autistic traits she has seen on tumblr! 

I don’t understand why she has this obsession to prove that she is different than others. We all have characteristics that we feel like we don’t share with our inner circle. She could very well be on the spectrum and we would all be a bit more supportive but she’s clearly not interested in seeking out coping mechanisms. She has become her diagnosis rather than it being an aspect of her and she’s going to project it on all the characters she likes in the same way that she does it with her sexual orientation. Her diagnosis is now her go-to excuse for all her actions. 

Posted

B7A6C613-39A6-4EE2-B55C-3A2ED5179543.png

B11C81BF-07D1-402E-80BA-BDC6AB653242.png

075503A0-EB9B-49F6-987A-9FF987639F3B.png

5C361464-EA1A-4FE3-B762-3A11C5251B87.png

24AF9518-47A4-4974-AF1C-866BAA5715AB.png

50ED3E94-68AF-4FFB-8F2E-7F7E8735C320.png

lol did she just google autistic fictional characters? 

I feel like she wants to be x, y, z so badly she has somehow convinced herself of having said traits. And she doesn’t wanna look at the facts because without the illusion, she wouldn’t be “special.” I mean, this is basically her entire life. 

Posted

lol did she just google autistic fictional characters? 

I feel like she wants to be x, y, z so badly she has somehow convinced herself of having said traits. And she doesn’t wanna look at the facts because without the illusion, she wouldn’t be “special.” I mean, this is basically her entire life. 

funnily enough when you search fictional characters with Austism none of these appear 

Posted

100% agreed I think she thought by being vauge her followers would give her sympathy. But it made her look even worse.

I know right? Like just a simply story posted like "Kaila and I had a disagreement over my autism related sensory issues during our trip and are now no longer currently in contact. Please do not harass her or her followers, and I hope we can eventually reconcile." Transparency is very important, she doesn’t even have to call her out or expose her. 

Posted

so HER headcanons aren't HER headcanons? pffff

Are you surprised? xD

Also...if you click on the next recommendation google gives you related to „fictional characters with autism“, Violet shows up pretty quickly! So yeah...she didn’t put any of her own thoughts into that 🤷‍♀️

A9D63ACD-5A20-4E44-A040-AD908A099667.jpeg