• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

7630 posts in this topic

Posted

Most people here dislike her because she's generally irritating and insufferable so yeah it shows on every subject and topic 

Posted (edited)

Oh she’s in the UK 😪

ive been literally so cold going to my university lectures that it makes me wonder how Kenna will deal with the weather at the moment 

Edited by Rosieee

Posted (edited)

Screenshot_20191002-234959.thumb.png.353

Yeah, I thought as much.

I wonder if she will come here to Oxford. Quite a few Harry potter scenes were filmed in the Bodleian and some colleges. 

Edited by Soggy Tofu
Screenshot

Posted (edited)

Ok so I’m mostly a lurker here but I feel like I want to play a bit of a devil’s advocate seeing how some of you go really hard on Kenna and nitpick every little thing she does. I bet that some of you will take this the wrong way, as white knighting, instead of my actual intention which is to spice up the conversation a bit and try to look at things from a different perspective. 

So few things I noticed here that I don’t quite get or think are unnecessarily nit picky (or low key just bitching about silly details):

Pointing our Kenna’s food choices - So what she eats pancakes all the time? I don’t really get why this is brought up all the time. Even if it’s not because of her autism and sensory issues and just a personal choice, it doesn’t hurt anyone or affect anything, yet it’s brought up like a major sin against Japanese cuisine and culture here. I know for some people it might seem like a missed opportunity, but is it seriously worth multiple posts and making it into a whole joke? Dissecting her diet is stale, cold tea in my opinion.

Kenna’s lack of Japanese oriented content - some people mention here that she doesn’t appreciate Japan enough, doesn’t travel and sightsee within the country, doesn’t post enough about it. (Ironically sometimes it is the same people who call ones who do those things “weebs” and “obsessed with/fetishizing asians”) She doesn’t owe anyone Japanese content though? Did I miss a post and she actually promised vlogging about Japanese culture? Not every YouTuber who lives abroad wants to milk that for content.

You are saying she is not going out enough or posting pictures from places that don’t look very Japanese-ish... but seriously would you rather have her be a stereotypical weeb who goes to all typical touristic places and constantly brags about living in Japan on every social media post? Personally I find it good that she is not milking it to the point of being annoying and enjoys Japan at her own pace and privately. (Or doesn’t and stays at home)

Criticizing the quiz for her made up Harry Potter houses for not sorting properly... seriously? Yeah a fanfic/headcanon is a bit immature and not thoughtfully made. It’s not a book/products that she is selling, it’s not like anyone wasted money for something that Kenna half-assed (we can speak about that when she releases poetry book). I didn’t get the vibe from her video that this is supposed to be a big deal or even that serious, she played it of a just something her and her friend made up for fun (also, lol at the comments that she is disrespectful to JK Rowling by reimagining things).

In sections about other snowflakes there is some spicy drama about genuinely awful, disrespectful or scammy things they do with actual receipts, here I mostly found nitpicking even the tiniest fart she does and blowing it out of proportion.

Anyway, those my thoughts, feel free to express your disagreement or argument against them.

I dislike Kenna but honestly even though they're prob unpopular opinions around here, i actually agree with you on some points.

Food choices: Personally, i'm not bothered by her pancake posts either. She can eat whatever she wants but i do side-eye her diet as a "vegetarian" who hates vegetables and mainly consumes sugars/carbs (like ewww). Idk if anyone here actually thinks her eating habits are "a major sin against Japanese cuisine and culture", which i personally don't think so...? But the thing is, like what honeycrisp mentioned, she always likes to mention how "smol" she is despite her unhealthy diet, which is really not something to brag about and it's super cringe how she, a 24yo grownass woman, always loves to mention about her love for sugar and hate for vegetables. 

what.thumb.png.1e2bf92d5c1b39228ecce835fwhat2.thumb.jpeg.fe447f7d96193f5f65d66d1

Lack of Japanese-oriented content: i'm not really bothered by that as well but I do find that her motive for moving to Japan actually hilarious. She did actually mention that she wanted to learn more about Japan and the language, hence why she moved there but look at her now. She opted for the slow-paced 6-months Japanese class and rarely ventured out of her Airbnb or apartment to learn more of her "home", which is evident from her social media. Yes, she's not obliged~ to post Japan-related content just because she's now living there but it does question her motive for moving there in the first place. Out of the 24 videos that she's posted in the span of 9 months living in Japan (approx 2.6 videos per month), only 1.5 video was really about Japan (her "Spring in Japan" and the Starbucks one). As for the rest... lmao, she could have just stayed in California and be churning out those same brown aesthetic~ videos. She was never serious about learning about Japan and school; what was the point of moving there besides for superficial reasons?

Also, in her "Leaving and Starting Anew" video, she mentioned that she will "soon have an upload schedule" once she's settled down and figured out her school schedule, which she NEVER did and is still unable to despite not going to language school anymore.

cringe2.thumb.PNG.d813e73a664413fbb8781b

cringe_3.thumb.PNG.c507c045cf5f520296725

lol.thumb.PNG.365f720415f06829e709a2ddea

lol2.thumb.PNG.b35f617ba8a5bd8d7a6497acb

cringe.thumb.PNG.614fe482f389bed1dda4cba

Criticizing the quiz for her made up Harry Potter houses: LOLLL. This one I can actually fully agree with. It's a "fake deep" and pointless quiz, like so many other personality quizzes on the internet. Doesn't warrant that much discussion imo.

Can we please stop to announce what Kenna house + MBT + Zodiac sign we are? 

It clogs the thread and seriously, Kanker just made a random personality test with some crappy footage, who cares what your personal results are.

It's way more interesting to take a look at what ideas she has stolen this time, why she doesn't know really much about the potterverse etc.

Thank you.

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

please Kenna, Japanese AND Europeans don’t want you!!! And it’s obvious you don’t like them that much either unless it feeds your shitty stolen aesthetic 

We don't want her back here you guys can have her!

What bothers me about this video is that in her original foxtail one she’s warm, she’s welcoming, it feels like she’s actually talking to you, yeah she looks away from the camera time to time but it’s still in a way where you feel it’s an actual convo and it’s pleasant sure her foxtail video is very cringy and controversial but it’s way better than this one. This is one is so boring she doesn’t look at you, she’s sounds boring and disinterested. At this point Kenna if this is how you’re going to be quit YouTube you can’t even be consistent. I could go on about the autism topic but I think we already know and it’s been drained.

tldr: this video was boring like all the other videos and she’s fake 

Of course it was boring  it is Kenna now. Did you guys know she is autistic? She wants everyone to be able to tell by the way she is acting in the video. Once again she is acting like a different person. Not gonna lie guys, I didn't finish the video. Once I realized that she was doing the autistic thing like she has done before I exited out of that video.

Posted (edited)

Ok so I’m mostly a lurker here but I feel like I want to play a bit of a devil’s advocate seeing how some of you go really hard on Kenna and nitpick every little thing she does. I bet that some of you will take this the wrong way, as white knighting, instead of my actual intention which is to spice up the conversation a bit and try to look at things from a different perspective. 

So few things I noticed here that I don’t quite get or think are unnecessarily nit picky (or low key just bitching about silly details):

Pointing our Kenna’s food choices - So what she eats pancakes all the time? I don’t really get why this is brought up all the time. Even if it’s not because of her autism and sensory issues and just a personal choice, it doesn’t hurt anyone or affect anything, yet it’s brought up like a major sin against Japanese cuisine and culture here. I know for some people it might seem like a missed opportunity, but is it seriously worth multiple posts and making it into a whole joke? Dissecting her diet is stale, cold tea in my opinion.

Kenna’s lack of Japanese oriented content - some people mention here that she doesn’t appreciate Japan enough, doesn’t travel and sightsee within the country, doesn’t post enough about it. (Ironically sometimes it is the same people who call ones who do those things “weebs” and “obsessed with/fetishizing asians”) She doesn’t owe anyone Japanese content though? Did I miss a post and she actually promised vlogging about Japanese culture? Not every YouTuber who lives abroad wants to milk that for content.

You are saying she is not going out enough or posting pictures from places that don’t look very Japanese-ish... but seriously would you rather have her be a stereotypical weeb who goes to all typical touristic places and constantly brags about living in Japan on every social media post? Personally I find it good that she is not milking it to the point of being annoying and enjoys Japan at her own pace and privately. (Or doesn’t and stays at home)

Criticizing the quiz for her made up Harry Potter houses for not sorting properly... seriously? Yeah a fanfic/headcanon is a bit immature and not thoughtfully made. It’s not a book/products that she is selling, it’s not like anyone wasted money for something that Kenna half-assed (we can speak about that when she releases poetry book). I didn’t get the vibe from her video that this is supposed to be a big deal or even that serious, she played it of a just something her and her friend made up for fun (also, lol at the comments that she is disrespectful to JK Rowling by reimagining things).

In sections about other snowflakes there is some spicy drama about genuinely awful, disrespectful or scammy things they do with actual receipts, here I mostly found nitpicking even the tiniest fart she does and blowing it out of proportion.

Anyway, those my thoughts, feel free to express your disagreement or argument against them.

I agree with you on the quiz (I started talking about it and then regretted because even if it was to criticize it we all started actually taking it and talking about it). I mentioned it was just fake deep crap, and so I agree we should move on cause she's probably going to say/do more relevant stuff in regard to more important topics that make everyone in this thread dislike her during her Europe trip anyway. About the lack of Japan content and her food choices LOL no, that is not nitpicking.

If you think this thread doesn't have enough juicy drama or not the kind of drama you like, just skip it instead of telling people what they should and should not criticize about Kenna. There is a reason why she has 6 threads: almost everything she posts online is somehow problematic, and so people talk about it. Almost every little comment you might perceive as nitpicking usually comes from something very big she did in the past and hasn't changed. I stopped lurking for half a year because I got tired of this, but then just... stop reading and let people discuss what they want. We get new people quite often so it's normal some topics are discussed more than once and is normal that everyone has an opinion on it. 

Anyway, someone else mentioned Kenna's friend tagging her pictures with her bf as "interracial couple" and I was curious, just got home from uni and decided to check her profile. I found a picture on the boyfriend's instagram that I don't remember seeing here (sorry if it was posted before), but I wouldn't be surprised if Kenna decided to hide it because she doesn't look as smol and pale as she REALLY is 9_9

screencap.thumb.png.fb88fbacbdc8182f1598

Edited by matrioska

Posted

Of course it was boring  it is Kenna now. Did you guys know she is autistic? She wants everyone to be able to tell by the way she is acting in the video. Once again she is acting like a different person. Not gonna lie guys, I didn't finish the video. Once I realized that she was doing the autistic thing like she has done before I exited out of that video.

I can agree with this. At least before all of her recent drama when I'd watch her videos I could sometimes get with the aesthetics or the music. Now it's barely watchable because of how dragged out her behavior and aesthetics are becoming. 

It irks me when she talks about how she's "tried everything" and is now supposedly trying to ignore us. Girl, did you forget how people were willing to forgive you when you gave your (proper) apology video? You don't need to try everything. Whatever that may entail. The people who went back on their forgiveness weren't doing it to spite you, they were doing it because they didn't see anything change. Here's a quote for you:

"An apology without change is just manipulation."    -Sierra Monaee

Posted

"An apology without change is just manipulation."    -Sierra Monaee

"You reap what you sew" - McKenna K.

(If only she took her own advice. You see.)

Posted

She has stated she is a vegetarian, but all she eats is sugar, pastries and sweets. I don't ever see anything "healthy", and in that video with her and her friend trying donuts, she jokingly says that she doesn't like healthy food but like whaaat?? To add insult to injury, she posted a photo a while ago stating that her "35inch waist is considered borderline plus-sized" but in the photo, she is obviously skinny as a rail. I am 5'0, 130 pounds (I am actually considered 5 pounds overweight for my height), and my waist is 28 inches. I know every body is different, but trust me when I say that her waist is not 35in. Not only is she stating SUCH a bold faced lie (for literally no reason, at all, whatsoever), but then all she does is eat sugar and sweets, and it can be triggering for followers. If you want reference for ~35 inch waist, look up Ashley Graham (who is GORGEOUS). I'm surprised Kenna's skin still looks as good as it does with all the caffeine and sugar.

Not to WK here because your point still stands, but she was talking about her hips being 35 inches, which is more understandable.  Hips for someone her height/weight are usually somewhere between 30-36 inches so it’s not quite as crazy of a claim as it would be if she were talking about her waist. 

Posted (edited)

She has stated she is a vegetarian, but all she eats is sugar, pastries and sweets. I don't ever see anything "healthy", and in that video with her and her friend trying donuts, she jokingly says that she doesn't like healthy food but like whaaat?? To add insult to injury, she posted a photo a while ago stating that her "35inch waist is considered borderline plus-sized" but in the photo, she is obviously skinny as a rail. I am 5'0, 130 pounds (I am actually considered 5 pounds overweight for my height), and my waist is 28 inches. I know every body is different, but trust me when I say that her waist is not 35in. Not only is she stating SUCH a bold faced lie (for literally no reason, at all, whatsoever), but then all she does is eat sugar and sweets, and it can be triggering for followers. If you want reference for ~35 inch waist, look up Ashley Graham (who is GORGEOUS). I'm surprised Kenna's skin still looks as good as it does with all the caffeine and sugar.

Hate to correct, but in the caption she said 35 inch hips, not waist. I agree w/ everything else you said though haha

Edited by Vaedu
just saw someone else corrected it, ignore me

Posted (edited)

:////

Edited by unhappyone

Posted

Not to WK here because your point still stands, but she was talking about her hips being 35 inches, which is more understandable.  Hips for someone her height/weight are usually somewhere between 30-36 inches so it’s not quite as crazy of a claim as it would be if she were talking about her waist. 

Still, being hips is still the same. Overall she is skinny, she is in good shape, and she is NOT at all borderline plus size. And where did you get your claim that someone her heigh/weight should be between the ranges of 30-36? My sister is her same height and if that's the measurements we are basing ourselves at for determining what's plus size or not then that just means my sister is plus size. She isn't, she is in her healthy range in terms for weight according to her height... And I'm just 2 inches taller. It's just a matter of your body proportions, Kenna's shoulder to hip ratio are pretty much the same, my sister and I have wider hips and tights, that doesn't mean because I don't fit the 30-36 range means I'm plus size. In department stores I'm a S (Medium depending fabric and style) of skirt/pants. So yeah, Kenna stating she is borderline plus size  (and she is not) while she eats sugar day in and out can be harmful for her young viewers (any viewers in that fact) that have troubles with their body image.

Posted

Leaving these here for everyone who didnt watch the video!

Screenshot_20191002-071226_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191002-071244_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20191002-071506_YouTube.jpg

I can’t get over the owl/chipmunk/squirrel embodiment comment, they’ve got to be trolling, that is just too much for me lol