• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

7630 posts in this topic

Posted

That’s the point though. Shit she “relates” to. It feels slightly unfair that she’s implying that every day is a bad day. That girl is so fucking privileged and doesn’t even acknowledge it. What makes her depressed? Her pointless life? The fact that she has no career or realistic aspirations (I mean, she *does* but that would require her to ACTUALLY work). Like yeah it sucks that you’re an empty shell of a human being Kenna but the only one who can change that is you. 

I honestly agree with everyone who says this meme is in poor taste. Obviously, everything is relative and everyone is allowed to have a bad day. Everyone has different backgrounds and I get that. But how are you ALWAYS having a bad day if you’re doing nothing and eating pancakes and buying shit. Are these bad days because you don’t like your precious Japan? Have you even fucking TRIED to experience/ enjoy the culture? If she could take her head out of her ass and try to experience things with no preset expectations, I think she would be a lot happier. 

/spoiler it’s just annoying how she’s super wealthy but apparently has bad days every day -_-  

It's almost as though low motivation and a lack of aspiration are symptoms of depression.

Posted

She really does seem to be masking a sort of persistent emptiness to me though. It pops up in her memes and poems complaining about things all the time, her inability to complete goals and live up to expectations she sets for herself, and the occasional post where she admits she doesn't know who she is.

It also makes sense given another user's explanation (apologies I don't remember who posted it) a while back that she probably was actually trying to get certain things going in Japan like modeling and the entertainment visa but none of it worked out. Her friendship with Mikan fell apart fast so joining in a community of j-vloggers she could feel comfortable in didn't work out, modeling didn't work out, voice acting didn't work out. Of course I also still see this as reality colliding with weeaboo expectations, but regardless she is probably pretty disappointed about the outcome of her time in Japan and doesn't want to say it outright because it's hard to admit her "home" wasn't right for her and that when you move you really do bring yourself along.

Sorry if this seems like I'm trying to defend her--I don't think these things excuse her lack of work effort or her offensive behavior regarding Japan and Japanese people. But I do think it's sort of hinting at something that she posts this meme that says "I have a bad day every day" paired with how many of her other stories have involved negative feelings. Her life is still lacking a driving purpose moving forward and she was trying to find it in Japan but it didn't click at all. Going back to her family and friends is really the best move she can make at this point while she figures out what her real dreams and passions are which are going to be things that exist inside her, not given to her by a country.

This is why I can't bring myself to judge her too much when she doesn't complete things or spends a bunch of money. I know exactly how it feels to buy things to try to make me happy or try to start new projects/routines only to lose interest or give up before they're completed. I can't say that Kenna has the same problems, but based on her videos and posts it does kind of seem like it. Friendships are like that too, it's easy to just suddenly end them rather than work to keep them going. I do feel for her if that's the case, but there are options for getting help.

You're right though, it doesn't excuse the awful things she's done previously, but some of her quirks or "laziness" could be explained.

Posted

lol lord please don't tell me were now gonna have people project and bring their depression stories and how its a touchy territory so now we cant say anything. 

all this idiot did was get a quirky sketchy autism assessment (NOT diagnosis) to excuse her shitty behavior, rehash the same damn poem millions of times because she has no stuggles in her life, flounce to europe just because, and is now sitting on her ass in japan realizing she did fuck all. weeaboos always dissappoint themselves because countries arent fucking magical places.

but oh noes shes depressed. this bitch is always looking for sympathy and you guys just gave her it lol

i have depression and anxiety, and I’m not gonna sit here and pretend she one has it, and two its untouchable territory. if youre an asshole with some unchecked mental problems, go to therapy, go have a lifestyle change instead of blaming others and wallowing in your illness. 

It's funny bc the instant you said this she posted a story 

i thought her anxiety was a misdiagnosis lol

well we probably didn't give her enough sympathy so she's pushing it further again

Screenshot_2019-11-11-14-19-38-817_com.instagram.android.png

Posted

but oh noes shes depressed. this bitch is always looking for sympathy and you guys just gave her it lol

i have depression and anxiety, and I’m not gonna sit here and pretend she one has it, and two its untouchable territory. if youre an asshole with some unchecked mental problems, go to therapy, go have a lifestyle change instead of blaming others and wallowing in your illness. 

^ what they said. It’s one thing to be depressed and not do anything about it. However, it’s another to actually try to help yourself instead of throwing a pity party and try to garner the sympathy or ransoms online. 

When I brought money into this, I was honestly just thinking of how she can AFFORD a therapy and other things that might help. Other people can’t so that’s why it feels unfair as well. She has the means to make her life better yet chooses not to and that’s just so sad. 

Posted

8950E357-9491-4036-AFFA-132DCE03D2BB.thu

new insta story..

hun😭 the person who made the damn thing literally has their @ in the last box.. but of course.. home girl knows nothing about credit

Kenna, if you actually feel like this and it's not a "Lol lmao I'm quirky and relatable, I'm feeling blue because I have to move out of Japan because it didn't make my weeaboo dreams come true", and considering you are rich enough to afford it (unlike the majority of mentally ill people):

G O T O T H E R A P Y
O
T
O
T
H
E
R
A
P
Y

Posted

That girl is just bored with her life in which she doesn’t have any purpose beside being aesthetically pleasing on the outside and on her IG feed! That can be depressing but Kenna also won‘t do anything against that, so my sympathies for her is non-existent! Instead she is now posting that shit being all like „poor me“! No! I can‘t with people like her who bath themselves in self-pity! 

And well...if she would have a job or whatever...She wouldn‘t have any issues- I‘m sure! Boredom gives her so much time to think of her quirks as mental issues and that triggers me now! 

Posted

It. is. just. a. meme.

A stupid meme about being depressed. It doesn't need 50 pages about how rich and privileged she is (which is irrelevant). There is a nitpicking thread, you know.

Posted

That girl is just bored with her life in which she doesn’t have any purpose beside being aesthetically pleasing on the outside and on her IG feed! That can be depressing but Kenna also won‘t do anything against that, so my sympathies for her is non-existent! Instead she is now posting that shit being all like „poor me“! No! I can‘t with people like her who bath themselves in self-pity! 

And well...if she would have a job or whatever...She wouldn‘t have any issues- I‘m sure! Boredom gives her so much time to think of her quirks as mental issues and that triggers me now! 

I also think she would benefit from even a part time job. It would force her to work on her people skills, give her something to distract herself with, even if she doesn't need the money. And you're right, she has so much free time to drown herself in depression/anxiety or whatever issues she has. That's not healthy.

Posted

lol lord please don't tell me were now gonna have people project and bring their depression stories and how its a touchy territory so now we cant say anything.

Well if you actually read the comment, you'd see that I was responding to that bit that says no one should be sad if they have money. I don't care if  Kenna has depression nor did I invite PULL to share their life stories.

Posted (edited)

man anxiety has become so overused. its like people have replaced “stress” with “anxiety” to make it sound more important when its not lol

Anxiety is an emotion. You can say you are (currently) anxious with no claims to having a clinical anxiety disorder. Stress, anxiety, and nervousness are different emotions. I’m sure Kenna probably will claim to have clinical anxiety lol, but saying you are feeling anxious & need something to relieve it isn’t  overdramatizing. 

Does anyone feel like moderation has gone up in Kenna’s comments, but interaction has gone down? I feel like I don’t see quite the same amount of “hate” comments, but she also rarely replies. Has this been a trend to clean up her image, or just a natural progression as her photos are very provocative? 

Edited by darlin

Posted

I doubt that she will move to another country. Like said before, she had taken no energy, time, and dedication to learn Japanese. She probably stopped using it by the time her school ended. She thought it would be so easy to take classes, speak little Japanese that she bragged about in her weeb phase to be so fluent in it just by watching anime as practice. I also doubt she will go to an university or college. She drop out of hs, (and I'm not saying all who do can't change their minds, they can but Kenna has a very well establish record of not caring or putting an effort to studying) she used as an excuse that she couldn't make videos because of her language school even though it was beginner and slow paced, I really do doubt she will go in the troubles in getting admitted into higher education just for an aesthetic that will die down eventually. If she were to attend she will just do what she did in Japan, pretend to do so by demonstrating how pretty her handwriting is and organize her notes look... She is already faking being smart by suddenly attempting to sound deep and philosophical in her poems. She might as well grab a notebook and do those nice study layouts like seen in the studyblr/studyinsta community; I mean she already does that through journals might as well right?

Besides, during her Q&A she mentioned time and time again that what she misses is Target, Michaels and other American ™ stores and franchises. I don't think she will move to an European country if she can't have access to her American lifestyle consumerism. Moving to a state that has its influences or looks to be European or at most pass off the academia aesthetic it's enough for her.

Posted (edited)

I’m sure Kenna probably will claim to have clinical anxiety lol, but saying you are feeling anxious & need something to relieve it isn’t  overdramatizing. 

she already has, in her autism video she says she has been misdiagnosed with anxiety disorder but it was "actually just a consequence of her autism" or whatever

Edited by Nakimae