• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

cozykitsune Simply_Kenna/Cozykitsune [Thread 6]

2756 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She literally has the money and support to treat her mental illness. But she rather use that as a "uwu I'm smol and sad so pwecious look at this delicate flower" aesthetic and I am so tired of mental illness being glamorized and treated like it's nothing. 

I think the same!! That « joke » sound like another attempt to be pitied… 

kenna, if you need help, go find it elsewhere but not with your IG stories… you've got the money and all the time, you can even move to the country you want to get the better treatment you want and you'll need!!

Edited by Shaken coconut tree

Posted

It's just a meme, guys, even Kenna is allowed to share shit she relates to.

Posted

Regardless to how much money she has, looking at Kenna from a third party, she seriously needs to invest in therapy for her depression. At least get therapy just to help  better decide the next steps in life in a healthier way. All the stuff she buys never make her happy, whether they're objects or experiences. Having no goals at all can be extremely exhausting mentally, especially when she's at an age where she should be mentally and physically active. She's done a good deal of traveling, that's great, she should really consider investing in her future now.

So if Japan didn't work out, something else is bound to... she just need to take life a little more seriously. Yes, she has it easier than others but she should know that money and health don't last forever. She needs counseling and fast.

Posted

I hope to god she doesnt sign up for a folk school in Norway. I know she said she loves Sweden (and she prob can't be bothered to tell the two countries apart)

Posted

Awww, if she's gonna leave Japan, I'm gonna miss her Kappa days.

Posted (edited)

I cannot picture her moving to an European country or any country that doesn't have English as first language. We've seen that she's too lazy (and probably too stupid) to put in the effort to learn a new language (which is a lot, depending on the language it can take from 1 to 4+ years to become fluent). Japanese is probably the first language she tried to learn seriously and realized that it's not as easy as she thought it would be, and I can't imagine her wanting to go through that again, she's way too lazy to study anything, much less seriously. I know that in Japan speaking the language is a lot more important than in most European countries where almost everyone speaks english, but I still feel like her experience in Japan was probably really negative for her in that aspect and might have scared her off (like, the idea that she actually has to work and study to integrate herself into society and that not everyone loves her just because).

If she moves to Europe, I would imagine she'd move to Scotland or at least stay in the UK.

I would be very, very, very (pleasantly) surprised if she actually went to University and studied something or even got a job, but she's way too entitled and spoiled to do any of that "peasant" stuff. If you're not used to putting in any effort in life and if you have also access to endless money and material goods, why would you want to change that? She's already super lazy when it comes to her current job as an "influencer", can you imagine if she actually had to find a normal job? She has zero work ethics and zero life skills and now has the autism excuse to back her up (I can't do x or y because I have autism, not because I am lazy/boring/stupid/inexperienced), that she's already used countless times for mundane shit.

Edited by BatataFrita

Posted

I don't even think it's possible to go to language school in Europe without them wanting proper proof of you actually learning and using the language. Japan is a very one-sided country in that regard, you have the teacher in front of you, but if you're actually using what you're hearing is your own issue as long as you pay for it (depends on the school, too, of course). But it doesn't feel like you'll find language schools here that don't either demand proper proof of your learning effort (through tests etc.) or depend heavily on social interaction, for example group work, trips with the students and so on. She hasn't shown any interest in the languages from here either, unlike with Japanese (even though that was mostly through watching anime, but better than nothing).

Even if she were to come here, I wouldn't see her going to university or language school. What Kenna wants to do is to sit around and earn likes for looking pretty while doing nothing.

Posted (edited)

It's just a meme, guys, even Kenna is allowed to share shit she relates to.

That’s the point though. Shit she “relates” to. It feels slightly unfair that she’s implying that every day is a bad day. That girl is so fucking privileged and doesn’t even acknowledge it. What makes her depressed? Her pointless life? The fact that she has no career or realistic aspirations (I mean, she *does* but that would require her to ACTUALLY work). Like yeah it sucks that you’re an empty shell of a human being Kenna but the only one who can change that is you. 

I honestly agree with everyone who says this meme is in poor taste. Obviously, everything is relative and everyone is allowed to have a bad day. Everyone has different backgrounds and I get that. But how are you ALWAYS having a bad day if you’re doing nothing and eating pancakes and buying shit. Are these bad days because you don’t like your precious Japan? Have you even fucking TRIED to experience/ enjoy the culture? If she could take her head out of her ass and try to experience things with no preset expectations, I think she would be a lot happier. 

It’s just annoying how she can have all of these amazing experiences yet take nothing from them except the negative or the surface aesthetic. 

*Yes, wealth doesn’t make you happy. People can be depressed without a reason but it seems to me like Kenna is using depression and her “autism” as an accessory which is why I’m being so judgemental. Don’t glorify or romanticise depression because it’s not cool. 

Edited by alwayscurious
Edited because I didn’t finish a thought out loud

Posted

Girl, no one wants your shitty decorations for money. You'll have to give them away for free because most expats will have heard about you and your shitty attitude by now, so they won't even try buying anything from you (probably overpriced anyway).

We obviously won't know, but I'm pretty sure that she'll end up throwing most of her stuff away instead of bothering with donating it or something because she can't find anyone to buy it. We already know that girl doesn't know Google and wouldn't ask for help either.

Girl’s gonna have a hell of a time just throwing everything away - for bigger items you need to contact city hall and pay for a sticker to put on it, AND you can only put it out on the designated day which might only happen once a month... 

Posted

That’s the point though. Shit she “relates” to. It feels slightly unfair that she’s implying that every day is a bad day. That girl is so fucking privileged and doesn’t even acknowledge it. What makes her depressed? Her pointless life? The fact that she has no career or realistic aspirations (I mean, she *does* but that would require her to ACTUALLY work). Like yeah it sucks that you’re an empty shell of a human being Kenna but the only one who can change that is you. 

I honestly agree with everyone who says this meme is in poor taste. Obviously, everything is relative and everyone is allowed to have a bad day. Everyone has different backgrounds and I get that. But how are you ALWAYS having a bad day if you’re doing nothing and eating pancakes and buying shit. Are these bad days because you don’t like your precious Japan? Have you even fucking TRIED to experience/ enjoy the culture? If she could take her head out of her ass and try to experience things with no preset expectations, I think she would be a lot happier. 

/spoiler it’s just annoying how she’s super wealthy but apparently has bad days every day -_-  

I can understand that you are angry, I have my first hand experiences with being poor and having depression, and yes being poor makes everything harder. Being rich and having privilege may make some or a lot of things easier, but still, one can be the most beautiful and richest person in the world and still be depressed. Depression is a mental health condition and not a choice. I don't want to protect Kenna, but remind that depression or any mental health struggles, eben if they might be influenced by status and privilege, do not entirely depend on these factors. 

Posted

Again i don't want to be that person who protects her, but i understand why she is depressed, because she has no drive. Anyone familiar with the Japanese concept of ikigai (oh the irony)? Yeah, exactly. She has no reason to live, and we all need one if we want to be truly happy. Money can't buy happiness. It can buy opportunities and such which may lead to happiness, but not happiness itself.

That being said, she is to be blamed because she doesn't use her privileges in order to better herself and her life. Eating pancakes when sad? Sure, once a week when that day hits. But everyday? She needs to go out there and search for solutions. And Disney is not a solution. She really really needs to sort out her priorities and start building something that excites her, whatever it is. I'd be so happy to see her do that. 

Posted (edited)

I for one am glad that she's at least admitting to herself that she made a mistake in coming here and doing something about it instead of evolving into Bittergaijin™, constantly complaining about Japan but remaining here for some ungodly reason

Edited by Sugi

Posted (edited)

That is genuinely the dumbest thing I've read on the internet this week. People don't need a reason to be depressed, existence alone is fucking painful whether you have money, privilege or not; unless you're aggressively self-unaware. No one on this planet, not even ~Kenna, has to justify why they find a meme about depression relatable.

ok. Sorry if that wasn’t phrased well but when I wrote that I was thinking about how she has all of these opportunities yet makes nothing of them. 

Edited by alwayscurious