• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Caroline Calloway

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Caroline Calloway is a long-time snowflake, scammer, and art-tracer who richly deserves a place here. She refuses to take responsibility for anything, blaming Adderall addiction or "don't judge me for my quirky and artistic imperfections."

1568512636336.thumb.jpg.8183b60f4426b873

She's on Instagram (https://anony.link/https://www.instagram.com/carolinecalloway/) with almost 800,000 followers as of September, 2018 (https://socialblade.com/instagram/user/carolinecalloway)

Past History (up to 2019):

• Gained fame on Instagram by chronicling her romantic life at Cambridge University, including lavish balls, private parties with the elite of Europe, and lots of Adderall.
  • Got a $500,000 book deal based on her Instagram success but couldn't deliver a manuscript and ended up $100,000 in debt to her publisher.
  • Can't pay rent and taken to court multiple times. Always gets bailed out in the end despite her never holding down a job. She clearly has a source for cash...somewhere. 

2019:

This is just the tip of the iceberg. A longer summary is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/blogsnark/comments/c4n2en/caroline_calloway_624630/ery7y86/

Most recent wk pieces:

Reddit interviews Caroline Calloway: https://anony.link/https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemcneal/caroline-calloway-interview-natalie-beach-instagram

Edited by kamineko

Posted (edited)

Looks like Caroline is teasing the possibility of a film contact to tell her story:

Screen_Shot_2019-09-30_at_5.02.23_PM.thu

Edited by kamineko
uploaded better screenshot

Posted

She is so cringey. The worst part of this story is that people like Caroline feed off of any sort of attention, good or bad, because she needs an audience for her manipulation. 

Honestly, the way to make her die out is to stop giving her any sort of attention on social media. 

Posted

She is so cringey. The worst part of this story is that people like Caroline feed off of any sort of attention, good or bad, because she needs an audience for her manipulation. 

Honestly, the way to make her die out is to stop giving her any sort of attention on social media. 

I definitely agree. She's incredibly good at spinning everything to her advantage and getting major media coverage for it (I can't think of any other influencers discussed on PULL, lolcow, etc. who can get huge mainstream attention and Hollywood studio meetings for their bs). Hopefully some people will look beyond what her media whiteknights are saying and get clued in.

Like her really sick exploitation of her father's death (I won't even post the IG receipts because some are frankly disgusting). She literally has no shame.

Posted

God...this is just getting worse. And her Ivy League obsession is so totally pathetic. 

Screen_Shot_2019-10-05_at_1.40.18_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-10-05_at_1.41.54_PM.thu

Posted

God...this is just getting worse. And her Ivy League obsession is so totally pathetic. 

Hidden Content

Did this bitch really get " Sexy Depression " after her dad died. 

That is beyond pathetic and disgusting 

Posted

Did this bitch really get " Sexy Depression " after her dad died. 

That is beyond pathetic and disgusting 

Sorry for asking, but what is "sexy depression"? I've never heard the term before

Posted

Hidden Content

I don’t understand the point of bringing up her father’s death of it wasn’t going to be a tribute or a “I’m handling it” type post, all she did was talk about herself and her contradicting qualities bleh

Posted

I don’t understand the point of bringing up her father’s death of it wasn’t going to be a tribute or a “I’m handling it” type post, all she did was talk about herself and her contradicting qualities bleh

I didn't even link the bad stuff, believe it not. She posted way worse things that were, quite frankly, disgusting (like explicit details about his death). But anyway she has used this, like everything in her life, to make it about "me me me!" And her stans are loving it and calling her a poet blah blah. I really hope her family doesn't read her IG because this stuff is just a travesty. It's one thing to be a personal mess and use it for internet cash, but when you exploit the death of a parent for views and potential income then you really cross pretty much every line there is.

Posted

sexy depression is a tumblr meme 

Hidden Content

Posted

oooh, thanks, ill look up abt it

Posted (edited)

More teases for her big movie or tv project. I will be very curious to see if this happens. I think it certainly could, at least in some way. Natalie Beach, at least, has the drive to do a project telling her version. Now Caroline...who knows? Her competing project could work out but seriously she just needs to sell her rights and then get out of the room to let the pros get to work. Take the ca$h Caro and don't ask too many questions! (Although the gossip will be so much juicier if she demanded creative control, so there's that...and Executive Producer Caroline is not something she would pass up.

Screen_Shot_2019-10-08_at_12.33.13_PM.thScreen_Shot_2019-10-08_at_12.33.54_PM.thScreen_Shot_2019-10-08_at_12.34.47_PM.thScreen_Shot_2019-10-08_at_12.47.24_PM.th

Edited by kamineko
spoiler issues

Posted (edited)

I read an article about her a week or two ago! And I went through her Instagram out of morbid curiousity and I recoiled in disgust. She seems like a self-absorbed person who lacks empathy, and the article I read (which is this one: x (it kind of defends her but I'm focused on the other information it provided for me, and it still made me feel uneasy about her)) fully backed that idea up for me. 

Also, this bugged me the most,  the way she exploited her father's death and posted about it in gross detail made my stomach churn, and it's not even remotely poetic the way she describes him. It breaches a line of respect for his privacy. it's okay to talk about it with family or therapists or even close friends! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she can't talk about it; I'm saying she shouldn't be posting about it publically for 800k+ people to read in a descriptive fashion (talking about his psych wards and bloody vomit and his pain so openly right after his death feels wrong to me), or somehow drawing connections between being grief stricken and being sexy (not appropriate). It's grotesque. 

Edited by lilyshimmer

Posted

More teases for her big movie or tv project. I will be very curious to see if this happens. I think it certainly could, at least in some way. Natalie Beach, at least, has the drive to do a project telling her version. Now Caroline...who knows? Her competing project could work out but seriously she just needs to sell her rights and then get out of the room to let the pros get to work. Take the ca$h Caro and don't ask too many questions! (Although the gossip will be so much juicier if she demanded creative control, so there's that...and Executive Producer Caroline is not something she would pass up.

Hidden Content

I'm going to be honest. The only reason people would want to see her movie, is to see about her scamming ways. 

Posted

Caro "forgives herself" for being a jerk (rich girl problems). I'm so tired of her entitlement and fake apologies/whatever. Real people actually have to handle their shit instead of get validation from their stans.

Screen_Shot_2019-10-09_at_5.02.57_PM.thu

Also, even with her new fame and lots of media attention her followers are dropping like crazy (could be an IG purge of inactive or purchased subscribers, but -58,000 is brutal):

Screen_Shot_2019-10-09_at_5.09.14_PM.thu