• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

youtube cupofjasmien / jasmine chan

889 posts in this topic

Posted

i think she looks a lot better without bangs tbh (just like bestdressed):/

I wonder if she got bangs to match Lilith... ;)

Posted

not only in the us! i'm from south america and i'm also in art school, I have like 3 classes where it's mostly reading and writing, is it kinda boring? hell yeah but do we learn stuff that ultimately helps us understand art better, it's intentions and how it can be used? hell yeah.

Suck it up jas

Exactly. It also helps you be able to look at artwork and discuss it, which translates to you being able to discuss your own work better.

I guess though if she’s just copying other people’s work she’s going to have a hard time explaining any of her art.

Posted

I wonder if she got bangs to match Lilith... ;)

Wouldn't be surprised since she copied Catcreature in a similar fashion before Lilith.

Posted

New video she went on about why she has to write essays in art school and how she doesnt see the point and its not going to help her in anyway for rge future....this girl is...

Screenshot_2020-05-15-09-47-04.png

Posted (edited)

"i don't get the point of writing essays.... like how is gothic marxism going to help me in the future? its not gonna do shit"

"...as i try to figure out what the fuck is going on in my essay! i'm sooo confused as to what i'm talking about!!!"
lol girl....... it shows. this is a horrible academic paper, even for middle school standards

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_1.00.31_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_1.01.09_PM.thu

(that concept is actually really relevant to capitalism in the US and how it affects its people, but for someone who couldn't even try to empathize with people who aren't privileged, i'm not very surprised that she doesn't understand)

i'm starting to think that the reason why she doesn't like writing essays isn't because she's lazy, but she's just unable to absorb anything slightly academic. this could also explain why she resorts to copying work instead of trying to come up with concepts of her own

in her final critique of her painting class, i still can't believe she said "i feel like its not worth the money if its going to be online i guess"
no matter what context that's in, i feel like that's a slap in the face to everyone else - her prof, and her classmates... for someone who willingly drops bills on something as trivial as clothing, but is stingy about art supplies totally baffles me.

her general comments about not finishing painting assignments/projects because of losing motivation makes me really think what she's doing school for at all? you're paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to be living/studying in new york and you write essays like that ^ and don't try hard to finish your assignments, but want to be a professional painter...... i'd have more respect for her if she just dropped out, honestly. i miss when she just used to copy catcreature on youtube

Edited by yams

Posted

Jasmine: *puts on contact lenses the same colour as her eyes*
also Jasmine: wow i look SO SCARY

sometimes she talks like those girls who caption their ig posts with "my therapist needs a therapist after talking to me"

Posted (edited)

this is a horrible academic paper, even for middle school standards

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_1.00.31_PM.thu

normally, i find her behavior laughable and i get a kick out of seeing her dig herself deeper into the ground, but this is just infuriating. she really might as well drop out. it’s insulting to see her produce this sh*t and still remain at such an esteemed institution. why does she still have fans

Edited by sparkleshark

Posted

"i don't get the point of writing essays.... like how is gothic marxism going to help me in the future? its not gonna do shit"

"...as i try to figure out what the fuck is going on in my essay! i'm sooo confused as to what i'm talking about!!!"
lol girl....... it shows. this is a horrible academic paper, even for middle school standards

Screen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_1.00.31_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2020-05-15_at_1.01.09_PM.thu

(that concept is actually really relevant to capitalism in the US and how it affects its people, but for someone who couldn't even try to empathize with people who aren't privileged, i'm not very surprised that she doesn't understand)

i'm starting to think that the reason why she doesn't like writing essays isn't because she's lazy, but she's just unable to absorb anything slightly academic. this could also explain why she resorts to copying work instead of trying to come up with concepts of her own

in her final critique of her painting class, i still can't believe she said "i feel like its not worth the money if its going to be online i guess"
no matter what context that's in, i feel like that's a slap in the face to everyone else - her prof, and her classmates... for someone who willingly drops bills on something as trivial as clothing, but is stingy about art supplies totally baffles me.

her general comments about not finishing painting assignments/projects because of losing motivation makes me really think what she's doing school for at all? you're paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to be living/studying in new york and you write essays like that ^ and don't try hard to finish your assignments, but want to be a professional painter...... i'd have more respect for her if she just dropped out, honestly. i miss when she just used to copy catcreature on youtube

For a college student, her writing is very colloquial and atrocious lol She refers to herself too much in first person (my god!) I mean I get that she's an art student, but that doesn't mean shit when other college students need to take G.E.s that have nothing to do with their major. 

She's so spoiled and privileged. It makes me angry to know someone else could have taken her place at her school, someone who is actually more passionate, talented, and would die to write papers just to be a student at her school. 

Posted

wtf can this girl at least italicize her movie titles 

or maybe she'll do that later, but either way, the quality of this essay is downright horrendous

Posted

i really hope that essay is a rough draft because thats looking pretty rough.... and also being a college student ive lost a Lot of motivation to do work and write essays, but that still doesnt excuse yourself from not doing them? especially since shes in a lot better position than many people i know who are stuck at home with shitty family/work jobs/take care of siblings? like, at least get everything done with so you dont have to deal with it anymore. like i know shes trying to be relatable since a lot of students are going through the same loss of motivation but saying that combined with her privilege in going outside and having a pretty easy life is tone deaf

Also like, did she watch parasite?? does she realize that shes more like the rich family than the poor family in it??? im just curious how she got that first part in her definition of capitalism and somehow links that to parasite

Posted (edited)

i really hope that essay is a rough draft because thats looking pretty rough....

Sadly I don't think it is (though I could be wrong)

the spring semester at Pratt ended this week so I doubt it's a rough draft

Exactly. It also helps you be able to look at artwork and discuss it, which translates to you being able to discuss your own work better.

I guess though if she’s just copying other people’s work she’s going to have a hard time explaining any of her art.

I looked at the comment section and there are people commenting on how she should change her view on art history being pointless

2020-05-15 (2).png

Edited by chou20

Posted (edited)

Her unwillingness to engage art history and the process of art completely reflects on her incessant acts of plagiarism lmao

Edited by Sarang

Posted

i'm so glad people called her out for that, but wouldn't be surprised if it got deleted later or won't get a response from her

Posted

Ugh I really hate university students like this. I go to a cc and I know a lot of uni and cc students that are so unmotivated it makes me wonder why they’re in school. I’m in an art based major as well and I’m transferring into the art field, if you don’t want to do the academic work and understand the concepts then don’t go to school, it’s really that simple. Art is about a shit ton more than what you can make with your hands, and art history/ concepts are so important to learn. I think this is the problem with people that go into school straight out of highschool, I toke a year or so to figure out what I wanted to do and I think she should really consider doing that as well.

Posted

Ugh I really hate university students like this. I go to a cc and I know a lot of uni and cc students that are so unmotivated it makes me wonder why they’re in school. I’m in an art based major as well and I’m transferring into the art field, if you don’t want to do the academic work and understand the concepts then don’t go to school, it’s really that simple. Art is about a shit ton more than what you can make with your hands, and art history/ concepts are so important to learn. I think this is the problem with people that go into school straight out of highschool, I toke a year or so to figure out what I wanted to do and I think she should really consider doing that as well.

Currently working as a TA for an art professor and I can guarantee a lot of students that act like this fall under a few general categories:

-were not expecting a heavy workload consisting of art assignments and papers (a lot of media depictions of art school showcase students solely working on art assignments, like in animes or rom-coms) 

-came into art school thinking that they were hot shit because they got praise or was considered a really good/best artist in high school, but find out that they aren't special because everyone in art school had something similar (these are usually the more bitter types that I've dealt with)

-came to art school in the hopes of living a fantasized aesthetic artist lifestyle (think Alyssa D. Silos) 

These are just generalizations that I've come across being an art student and TAing for a professor