• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

youtube cupofjasmien / jasmine chan

784 posts in this topic

Posted

lol why do i feel like she uploaded her newest vlog filled with studio time to say "look i do work!!!"

Posted (edited)

lol why do i feel like she uploaded her newest vlog filled with studio time to say "look i do work!!!"

yeah except she spends more than half her time procrastinating and going out,,, whatever 

i only look at the vlogs for tea, I don’t need her “art process stuff” Bc it’s too generic rn, (Pinterest girls + flowers)  maybe two more years when she’s a senior it’ll finally be interesting and worth my time 

plus it’s all the same as her ig posts anyway 

Edited by ufobb

Posted

OMG I thought it was an exaggeration when ppl brought up how she parties every weekend 

but she actually DOES like yesterday on her story? I’ve been noticing how it actually is every week and she crams for hw on weekday night 

I think it's not really uncommon for that type of stuff. 

Hopefully by the time she's a junior/senior she'll start prioritizing her artwork and school. I think we forget that she's also young and wants to explore and go out. 

Posted (edited)

D36D29D4-889D-4684-BC75-BBBA49B10ECE.thu2252052E-27AF-4929-98A8-DE1936A24BE0.thuCFF51C81-AA98-4F95-8D3D-C94BE9C5C1B2.thuthe clownery is real... honey ur AA schoolgirl skirt and UO bralette is not a look.....

Edited by ufobb

Posted

D36D29D4-889D-4684-BC75-BBBA49B10ECE.thu2252052E-27AF-4929-98A8-DE1936A24BE0.thuCFF51C81-AA98-4F95-8D3D-C94BE9C5C1B2.thuthe clownery is real... honey ur AA schoolgirl skirt and UO bralette is not a look.....

is this supposed to be a halloween costume?

because she just looks like herself with a snake on her face

Posted

is this supposed to be a halloween costume?

because she just looks like herself with a snake on her face

Im guessing she went as an ig/sc filter for halloween? Theres one that puts a snake on your eye like that 

Posted (edited)

Her Halloween costume is herself because she’s fake af 

she went to some rave that’s why she dressed up even tho the same day she posted about how stressful her classes r and how she had a seminar that she did 0 hw for 

Edited by yoshikari

Posted

Her Halloween costume is herself because she’s fake af 

she went to some rave that’s why she dressed up even tho the same day she posted about how stressful her classes r and how she had a seminar that she did 0 hw for 

I mean it is Halloween. yea the logical thing for her to do would be to not party and do work but every college student parties on Halloween, it just happened to be a Thursday this year

honestly I kinda feel bad for her? it seems like shes doesnt quite get that you dont need to constantly go with your friends. or maybe she just doesnt have friends that prioritize that stuff. like you can stay in with friends, hang out, do work, and still have a good time. maybe she thinks that wouldnt be good content? but I personally preferred when she posted about studying than her going out all the time

Posted (edited)

I mean it is Halloween. yea the logical thing for her to do would be to not party and do work but every college student parties on Halloween, it just happened to be a Thursday this year

honestly I kinda feel bad for her? it seems like shes doesnt quite get that you dont need to constantly go with your friends. or maybe she just doesnt have friends that prioritize that stuff. like you can stay in with friends, hang out, do work, and still have a good time. maybe she thinks that wouldnt be good content? but I personally preferred when she posted about studying than her going out all the time

she always has a choice... she's still an individual even if she's in a group of friends - she doesn't have to go out just because her friends go out.
i don't feel bad. if she was aware that she had a seminar that she didn't do any work for, and she decides to go out, then she has no one else to blame... that's 1000% on her

not every art student pulls all-nighters just to be able to finish their work on time
not going out for 1 night isn't going to break a friendship. if it does, i think she needs to find new friends lol

at some point you have to call the bullshit for what it is. she's independent enough to live/pay rent on her own, take care of expenses on her own, at what point should she be held accountable for being able to think for herself and manage her time better?

Edited by yams

Posted

she always has a choice... she's still an individual even if she's in a group of friends - she doesn't have to go out just because her friends go out.i don't feel bad. if she was aware that she had a seminar that she didn't do any work for, and she decides to go out, then she has no one else to blame... that's 1000% on her

not every art student pulls all-nighters just to be able to finish their work on time
not going out for 1 night isn't going to break a friendship. if it does, i think she needs to find new friends lol

at some point you have to call the bullshit for what it is. she's independent enough to live/pay rent on her own, take care of expenses on her own, at what point should she be held accountable for being able to think for herself and manage her time better?

yea I don’t disagree with you. I was speaking more from my personal experience, social pressure is a thing college and can easy fuck your over if you don’t stand up for yourself. But yea its still your personal responsability to get your stuff done or you’re just gonna be in a world of hurt. It seems like she just doesn’t care that much about being in college rn.

Also what do we know of her living experience? I’ve honestly been assuming that her parents have been paying her rent because she doesn’t have a job and I don’t think she makes enough from YouTube to pay rent. She jokes about being broke but going out a lot, especially in nyc, is very expensive. Getting tattoos and piercings are also expensive too.

Posted

Jasmine “conveniently” drawing fairytales right as lilith uploads house of tales which she hasn’t done in a month

also, yes jasmine we know you are a master at copying, time to try something new 

1A1D7389-8858-405C-A353-A3401222647C.thu1AC2DC6A-9D58-4FD0-AB2E-F6F34BE4AFAF.thu

33B6CE54-77C7-4488-9CF0-6543C850BA12.thu

Posted

Jasmine “conveniently” drawing fairytales right as lilith uploads house of tales which she hasn’t done in a month

also, yes jasmine we know you are a master at copying, time to try something new 

she did that drawing on procreate it’s not even a master copy. a lot of artists do master copies of paintings and illustrations to get better at technique, like fountain pen or oil painting color etc. She could have literally had the original drawing underneath (translucent) and drawn on top and no one will know because the goal is to replicate as close as possible. It doesn’t actually take skill to do it digitally because with pen u can’t erase 

Posted

it’s just practice tho but yea I agree it doesn’t improve ur skill if ur just tracing on a tablet lol 

theres a small part of the cloud right above the bird wing that she didn’t trace bc she filmed herself drawing it and it looks very diff from the other parts? 

like how is she get the girls face/neck/shoulders + bird flying angle PERFECT and then mess up on a cloud? lol 

Posted (edited)

i had time and had a hunch L O L

do better girl.

lolcopy.thumb.gif.fc97003527da8ca75ec0e0

honestly as an apprentice in an industry that condemns tracing/stealing other people's work, this is low... it isn't a study if you literally trace it. what are you studying? the art of plagiarism?

Edited by yams

Posted (edited)

i had time and had a hunch L O L

do better girl.

honestly as an apprentice in an industry that condemns tracing/stealing other people's work, this is low... it isn't a study if you literally trace it. what are you studying? the art of plagiarism?

LOL I WAS JUST ABOUT TO UPLOAD MINE 

2F7FF1EB-19BE-4DDA-B126-C66A88C3DAEC.thu

its 90% traced, you can tell from the slight offset she might have moved her ref image by accident or her layer but the gap is consistent. Angles and everything. NOT SAYING it’s impossible but given that she drew this in less in a DAY?????yeah girl took some shortcuts  

Edited by ufobb