• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

non-facial acne, help please?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

so im having acne problems mostly on my chest and back, i still have face acne but its very minimal, and honestly i have no fucking idea on what to do about it, you can't really do a skincare regime on your back (can you?), im already on birth control and drink tons of water too.

Posted

exfoliation. it's most likely dead skin cells that are trapping oil in pores.

source: i have a similar problem

Posted

If you experience stress or depression it can be related to the acne problem. Or make a health check or maybe a change in your diet is needed. Simply your body tries to tell you that something is wrong.

Posted

Use natural scrubs, also dont let your wet hair touch the area. I had the same problem but that helped a lot! 

Posted

Stridex pads, if they have those, do really well on chest/back acne. 

Posted

back acne may be caused by the left over shampoo/conditioner from your hair that you haven't washed off properly. make sure you rinse your hair thoroughly and use a bathing brush for your back

Posted

Get a tube of benzoylperoxide, it's an actual acne medicine not some drugstore solution that works. I don't know if it's the same everywhere but where I live you can get it without doctor's recipe at the pharmacy.

Don't use physical scrubs, they're counterproductive especially on skin with acne.

Posted

back acne may be caused by the left over shampoo/conditioner from your hair that you haven't washed off properly. make sure you rinse your hair thoroughly and use a bathing brush for your back

i actually have had a pixie cut for more than two years now haha

it really isn’t a product build up problem since product doesn’t even touch my chest or back

Posted

Try avoiding fabrics that doesn't let your skin breathe, don't go for synthetic fabrics like polyester or rayon blends (if you haven't already). I also agree with the exfoliation point, but I would recommend just using a pad/cloth and some cleanser on it (I use microcellular water but you can use whatever works for you). Oils and such gets built up over the day so a little wipe down can help can ride of that. 

Posted

these are all good ideas, i'd add to pay attention and see if these are areas where you are sweating because a lot of times that can be the cause, especially if the sweat 'sits' on the skin there for a while.

overall though, if none of this stuff works don't be afraid to go to a dermatologist if you can. in my experience with my acne problems i tried everything and in the end had to get a prescription from a derm in order to see my issues clear up, because there was a medical reason i was more likely to have the issues i was seeing. for me it was a minor hormonal imbalance that my regular doctor didn't think was an issue, but which often causes acne in odd places that doesn't go away even with skincare regimens, etc.