• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Out of control

25 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm keeping an eye on the Venus subforum, and I've disabled registration for the time being.

Posted

I'm keeping an eye on the Venus subforum, and I've disabled registration for the time being.

Thank you so much Rhea and so sorry. 

Posted

It's a pain not the ass, but pay attention (for a change) to who downvotes you now.... 

If their profile is BRAND NEW
Their rank: Lurker, and
Their reputation history is ONLY 25 mass down-votes in 1 specific thread... report them. They are obviously WKs. They are not here to contribute to the community.

I literally just reported someone with this exact criteria: @Anna643
Sup Anna? What's good?

edit: Pretty sure others caught this one too, so no need to spam the mods about this person. Just be aware, for the next few days, of accounts like this.

ooooh, this is going to be fun y’all!

Posted

Nice move with the Maggot video, but when will the thread be back? was kinda hoping for the tea, but can't watch her stream atm 😢

Posted

Agreed, I got bullied by a member on the Venus section for asking a question, and she treated me as if I was dumb for not knowing because it was a question about a topic they discussed about 20 pages before o.O

It's sad the place is getting so toxic lately.

Posted

I've noticed that this tends to happen in most of the popular threads on here. Instead of actually discussing the snowflake or their behavior, a mob mentality is developed to either attack literally every single thing the snowflake does, or being overly supportive of every little thing the snowflake does. All while mass downvoting people not agreeing with the "thread consensus", either accusing members disagreeing of being whiteknights or hateful trolls.

As PULL has gotten more attention around the internet (mostly thanks to the kenna and vic threads, at least from what I've noticed) this is happening more often. Just as we're getting more actual trolls and whiteknights to the site, more regular members are being accused of being such for disagreeing in certain threads.

I've no idea if there's an easy fix or way to combat this, just throwing out my theory as to why it is happening. I do think that people overall (myself included) should rely on reporting actual rule-breaking posts more often, so the mods can step in and actually stop derailing and vote abuse before it goes out of hand.

Posted

So I have this thought and I have seen it asked before but maybe there should be a page in announcements and news about what PULL considers to be a white knight? A lot of people get confused and try to use that as a way to get around being a white knight. I know it won't help much but it might solve some confusion on people's parts when they are trying to let others know why they are being white knights? Kind of like a guideline perhaps? 

Posted

If I see one more newbie being told "sorry but Mira makes sock puppet accounts, so we just abuse new people here~!!" I'm going to just leave 'cause then what's the point of a forum

Posted

I've noticed that this tends to happen in most of the popular threads on here. Instead of actually discussing the snowflake or their behavior, a mob mentality is developed to either attack literally every single thing the snowflake does, or being overly supportive of every little thing the snowflake does. All while mass downvoting people not agreeing with the "thread consensus", either accusing members disagreeing of being whiteknights or hateful trolls.

Ugh, this is is exactly how I feel. I took a long break mainly because I posted in the Ariana Grande thread about some things I don't like about her, and got mass downvoted because her stans are vicious and find her to be a literal angel. I don't hate her, but I'm certainly not a stan either, so I got demonized because I thought her love of Japan was superficial. 

I think that it needs to be established that:

1) Just because someone comments on how they disliked something a snowflake/personality has done, it doesn't mean that they are completely bashing their existence or are being hateful. It is perfectly normal to criticize a person's actions without hating on them. 

2) That if someone is seen being extremely hateful/nitpicking or a whiteknight, A SIMPLE COMMENT will do. Such as "if you are here to be hateful/a whitenight, don't read this thread". Like everyone has said, so many threads have derailed on here because 2-3 people will have a heated discussion on whether someone is being extreme when at that point, the OC just needs to be reported to the mods. 

3) Disagreeing is okay. But bashing another user because they disagree is so not. There are ways to just have a discussion without elevating to "you're stupid and disgusting because you don't agree with me, bye". 

I totally think this site has become overrun with young teens that like to be edgy and "clap back" at users. 

Posted

(...)

Also agree with this and what @clementine said. 

I honestly dread the Kenna thread atm because I feel like you are expected to hate every thing this girl does. I don't even like Kenna and I think she is controversial, but in my opinion that does not justify searching for something to hate in every post. If she does nothing exciting, just let the thread rest for a few days, that's perfectly fine. I think it's telling that the Kenna section even has a very own "Nitpicky thread" - and tbh, I feel like a lot of pages of the main thread should be moved over there.