• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Out of control

25 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I feel like the threads as of late have gone out of control. members are white knighting and attacking others at large. There have been an increase in the abuse of downvotes because people aren't glorifying the snowflakes here. 

I am not sure if anything can be done. I have reported people who have violated the rules, but this is getting ridiculous. 

PULL is one of the few places where I felt safe to express my feelings about certain snowflakes but now it's just gotten worse. 

I know I already posted this in the rant thread but this...this is just getting insane. 

I don't think people who are joining PULL as of late understand the true concept of PULL. This is not just a regular chat forum. We are not here to glorify the snowflakes. 

I don't know anymore. 

Edited by Autumn Tea
spelling errors

Posted (edited)

Completely agree, especially in terms of the Venus Angelic threads. One thread has been completely derailed, and at this time and date, is just a useless war zone where debate has gone to die. The only rational way to interact with this thread (atm) is to report people for policing opinions, getting hostile with other members of the community, and blog-posting. It's a sad state of affairs, and I'm eager for mod involvement.

Edited by BitchPlox
grammar

Posted

I'm sorta scared to comment there. I agree.

Posted (edited)

I'm sorta scared to comment there. I agree.

Please don't let these people silence you. (In ANY thread...) If you civilly state your opinion to the related topic, and get attacked, THEY are in the wrong. Not you.
They are making themselves look bad, and breaking the rules too. Mods will get involved, if this behavior is reported.
On that note: Please do report legitimate bullies. This site isn't theirs to police.

(And besides, what's the worst that will happen: you'll get dog piled with down-votes... Fine. Let them have their down-vote parties. It's better to have a civil voice, than to be intimidated into submission.)

Edited by BitchPlox
spelling

Posted

I get really anxious when I'm downvoted for some reason. I know they're just internet numbers that don't affect irl, but it gets to me. The venus thread is a mess tbh

Posted

Honestly, I feel the same but in a different way.
An issue I see a lot as of late is, is a comment being downvoted because of white knighting alone or was it just a shit post but somehow the member feels like their pseudo opinion is houlier than thou in all instances?

Honestly Bitchplox has mentioned, rightfully so, the Venus threads but I don't see the problem right now as the wks (and the term as come to being used so damnly losely there, literally anyone who doesn't agree with someone elses point is automatically a wk, lol).
Instead of normal debate, you have certain users being down-voted to hell and back by some people who then literally do shit-posting and then they themselves complain that "here comes the vks, waaah!". Besides the glaring hypocrisy of it, shit posting and non stop wanking as always been a good reason to down vote something in all threads since pretty much forever ( as well as misinformation).
The space there literally went from being an 8 to a 80. I'm the first to say I've downvoted people there for the simple passive aggressiveness they display towards others users unprompted, namely when this happens multiple times. It is almost as though the snowflake being hated is rubbing off on said users and nothing they say can ever be wrong cuz of the other "mean old users!".

Meanwhile other spaces / threads run out brilliantly ( the vic threads are a party, per instance, if only the content itself wasn't so sad, you know what I mean).

This is pure speculation but I've recently been wondering, making some comparison to the Kenna, Yume, Venus and Taylor (previously) threads... Could this issue come from maybe the wider, younger audiences they reach to and thus we're seeing an increase of younger (in age) users? I've seen issue both from blatant,blind white knights but also blatant, blind "vitriol" posters. It's almost a mentality of "my point is the only point, and everyone else is a bully / wk", which to me kinda reads from a lack of perspective due to maturity (which is obviously not only connected to age, but I admit I am over generalizing to maybe try and make some sense of this).

I've seen an user very clearly warn another to grow a thicker skin if they are afraid of downvotes (which I agree 100%), only to then continuously whine whenever they received downvotes.
It's annoying to read, like the threads are displaying some of the same signs the flakes in question suffer from.

I honestly think white knights need to keep being downvoted and reported. In the same breath I also think some people need a really thicker skin and to stop being aggressive to anyone who doesn't 100% agree with them (specially if there isn't even an opinion involved).
If not people should just maybe consider leaving and heading to either the flakes' youtube /instagram comment section or lolcow whichever suits your fancy more.

Posted

An issue I see a lot as of late is, is a comment being downvoted because of white knighting alone or was it just a shit post but somehow the member feels like their pseudo opinion is houlier than thou in all instances?

Honestly Bitchplox has mentioned, rightfully so, the Venus threads but I don't see the problem right now as the wks (and the term as come to being used so damnly losely there, literally anyone who doesn't agree with someone elses point is automatically a wk, lol).
Instead of normal debate, you have certain users being down-voted to hell and back by some people who then literally do shit-posting and then they themselves complain that "here comes the vks, waaah!". Besides the glaring hypocrisy of it, shit posting and non stop wanking as always been a good reason to down vote something in all threads since pretty much forever ( as well as misinformation).
The space there literally went from being an 8 to a 80. I'm the first to say I've downvoted people there for the simple passive aggressiveness they display towards others users unprompted, namely when this happens multiple times. It is almost as though the snowflake being hated is rubbing off on said users and nothing they say can ever be wrong cuz of the other "mean old users!".

Meanwhile other spaces / threads run out brilliantly ( the vic threads are a party, per instance, if only the content itself wasn't so sad, you know what I mean).

This is pure speculation but I've recently been wondering, making some comparison to the Kenna, Yume, Venus and Taylor (previously) threads... Could this issue come from maybe the wider, younger audiences they reach to and thus we're seeing an increase of younger (in age) users? I've seen issue both from blatant,blind white knights but also blatant, blind "vitriol" posters. It's almost a mentality of "my point is the only point, and everyone else is a bully / wk", which to me kinda reads from a lack of perspective due to maturity (which is obviously not only connected to age, but I admit I am over generalizing to maybe try and make some sense of this).

I've seen an user very clearly warn another to grow a thicker skin if they are afraid of downvotes (which I agree 100%), only to then continuously whine whenever they received downvotes.
It's annoying to read, like the threads are displaying some of the same signs the flakes in question suffer from.

I honestly think white knights need to keep being downvoted and reported. In the same breath I also think some people need a really thicker skin and to stop being aggressive to anyone who doesn't 100% agree with them (specially if there isn't even an opinion involved).
If not people should just maybe consider leaving and heading to either the flakes' youtube /instagram comment section or lolcow whichever suits your fancy more.

I definitely think we have younger users who shouldn't be on PULL. I am sure a lot of people here are lying about their age. Or if they really act like that despite age then...that's not good. Also i don't think people who join PULL are fully aware that we are not just some forum like Reddit. 

I just have no idea what can be done. I feel like certain popular threads you've mentioned are just...getting so out of hand. Venus got derailed so bad today and yesterday.

I don't know. I can't offer any solutions aside from report and ignore. I know that's not too helpful but honestly I have no idea what can slow this onslaught down. 

Posted

I'm going to avoid the Venus section for a while. I feel like some members are being made to feel unwelcome.

Posted

I'm going to avoid the Venus section for a while. I feel like some members are being made to feel unwelcome.

I feel you on taking a break from that thread it’s become like the Kenna thread.

Posted

Yeah, I agree it's pointless bickering.

(I think the PULL age limit was 18+, but most users have tolerance for 16+).

I think I saw a couple of middle-school aged users around here, but I can't remember them.

Posted (edited)

Literally 100% agree with everything @locktarget says!!!!

The level of sensitivity in some threads is honestly baffling, I thought PULL was supposed to be somewhere were we could express our opinions on flakes, but heaven forbid you express something different to the thread's general consensus, it takes away the fun of posting here. 

Also, vandetta posting is so annoying, post what you want IDC but  please don't complain about the hate you spew getting downvoted. :alpacacrush:

Edited by Sparklefist

Posted

We need to lock the Venus thread! I’m sure it’s gonna be the wild whiteknighting week!

(maybe for a week or something?)

Posted

I LOVE this (we talked through PMs and you stood up for me that time in Marzia's thread, so you're not new to the love haha).

First off, about the age topic: I mentioned the issue on another thread but unfortunately it didn't get much traction. I genuinely believe that's the source of all problems on this site, I messaged Nyx about it. I understand that not much can be done (people can lie about their age) and that the personalities discussed here fit a certain target demographic. It's not the site itself that is at fault here, I feel like Nyx and Rhea are genuinely trying but they can't possibly ponder about who's right and who's wrong for every single post. More mods are needed.

I'm not familiar with Venus thread, but as you said the opposite also happens. There are threads where it's clear that what was once sensible criticism has turned into unreasonable hate, and frankly it's hard not to think that some people are just jealous of some flakes.

And I know what you mean with the unprompted passive-aggressiveness and wannabe-sassy attitude. The "grow a thicker skin" regarding downvotes is the most stupid thing I've ever read. Some people don't seem to fully understand that downvotes themselves are NOT the problem, it's downvotes ON THIS SITE, with this very user base, that create issues in general. The hypocrisy of certain users in general is unbelievable, you can't talk about their beloved personality's relationship because it's too private or something, then you scroll through their posts and they've dissected some other person's life details.

Posted (edited)

We need to lock the Venus thread! I’m sure it’s gonna be the wild whiteknighting week!

(maybe for a week or something?)

It's a pain not the ass, but pay attention (for a change) to who downvotes you now.... 

If their profile is BRAND NEW
Their rank: Lurker, and
Their reputation history is ONLY 25 mass down-votes in 1 specific thread... report them. They are obviously WKs. They are not here to contribute to the community.

I literally just reported someone with this exact criteria: @Anna643
Sup Anna? What's good?

edit: Pretty sure others caught this one too, so no need to spam the mods about this person. Just be aware, for the next few days, of accounts like this.

Edited by BitchPlox
added some stuff

Posted

It's a pain not the ass, but pay attention (for a change) to who downvotes you now.... 

If their profile is BRAND NEW
Their rank: Lurker, and
Their reputation history is ONLY 25 mass down-votes in 1 specific thread... report them. They are obviously WKs. They are not here to contribute to the community.

I literally just reported someone with this exact criteria: @Anna643
Sup Anna? What's good?

edit: Pretty sure others caught this one too, so no need to spam the mods about this person. Just be aware, for the next few days, of accounts like this.

Yeah shit's gonna go crazy and with the Vic hearing coming to a close as well we will be getting a lot of crazies up on PULL. The admin really need to get an army of mods because something tells me September is not gonna be a good month.