• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

What are your musical tastes ?

51 posts in this topic

Posted

I hate having to tell people about my musical tastes because they always end up staring at me like this o.O . But you know what, it's the internet and I'm just a complete stranger so I'll go right ahead:

KPop, Japanese Metal/Rock/Visual Kei, Chinese Opera, Bollywood, anything Russian, classical music (favourites are Rachmaninov, Debussy and Vivaldi), my childhood's animated movies' soundtracks and 80s songs... The gayer the better.

In conclusion, I'll listen to anything and in any language if I like something.

Posted

My musical tastes haven't really changed much, surprisely. When I was going through my emo phase at 13-14 years old, I liked Pierce the Veil, Asking Alexandra, etc. Nowadays I really like Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Babymetal. Pretty similar sounding music aha. 

Posted (edited)

My musical taste changed dramatically my main genre used to be jpop I very rarely listen to japanese music anymore I never thought that day would come lol.

my main genre is now instrumental/classical,pop,country,nu metal like evanescence,tchaikovsky,kacey musgraves,ani lorak etc

Edited by Kiko

Posted

Progressive rock, math rock, psychedelic rock, and black metal.

You know it~

Posted

I'm into a lot of different types of music, but i mostly stick to alternative/indie. I do listen to a lot of electronic music though. I even listen to a little bit of pop, but it's far from my favorite genre. I also listen to a little bit of Kpop and the only Jpop band I listen to is Perfume, who are awesome. my favorite artist at the moment has to be Lana Del Rey (if you couldn't already tell by the profile pic lol), she just is awesome in so many ways. Her music, style, lyrics, artwork for her albums, it's all very inspirational to me. One of my favorite artists of all time is Bjork, she is just so inspirational and innovative, and her music is very beautiful.

Posted

I'm really into Metal and Punk, but I'm honestly up for anything in any language if I like it. 

My favourites are: Iron Maiden, Black Flag, Ghost, Kvelertak and The XX.

Posted

If anyone has Apple Music, the Chill playlist by Victoria's Secret is reeeeaaallly nice if you like some downtempo music. I started listening to Mabel, Cailin Russo, and ABRA. I also like trap (lil uzi in my avi lol), hip hop, rap, jazz (I started to like Ella Fitzgerald). Also just overall pop.

i still have soft spots for vocaloid, paramore, fall out boy, exo, and f(x)

(also does anyone else find that metal helps them sleep? Sometimes I put on instrumentals to calm me down)

Posted

I listen to mostly alternative, experimental, post hardcore, electronic and rap. Some of my favorites are My Chemical Romance, FKA Twigs, Death Grips and Steve Aoki. 

Posted

My music taste is all over the place. I love everything. Right now a few of my favourites are things like:

The underground rap/hip-hop scene- $uicideboy$, Fat Nick, Pouya, Lil Peep, ect. I've never experienced such a wide variety of songs I can listen to in both a sad and happy mood. I'm really loving it!

Japan's underground punk/thrash/rock scene- I'm really into some bands from the 90s and early 2000s such as PENPALS, Bleach03 and Yellow Machinegun. Yellow Machinegun have a very heavy, raw sound that I love. 

Dungeon Synth- You've probably never heard of this genre, it's a bit strange. It's an ambient style made primarily with keyboards and synthesizers. A few artists I enjoy from this genre include Erang, Barak Tor, Hedge Wizard and Darkstroll.

Posted

I honestly think I can listen to anything but Schlager. Like, even Christian Choirs or Kletzmer can be rlly nice. But Schlager. I just can't man.

Posted

Japanese indie rock, oddly I've never really gotten into Korean rock besides Nell and Hyukoh. Rock music in general. 80s music in general. Early 00s girl groups. I like some Mandopop and I'm ridiculously in love with Leslie Cheung (Cantopop). Kpop too, and hip hop.

I'm actually sad, my ex listened to a lot of Mandopop and Cantopop but never really bothered to introduce me to the artists. I started to listen to more after we broke up. I always loved when he listened to Mandopop and we watched Chinese singing competition shows together. I guess he thought I wouldn't be interested in learning more despite me asking. But yeah, my obsession with Leslie Cheung is real. I wonder what he would think of that. lol

Posted

Lots of Eurovision camp for me, I'd love to go watch it one year. I like Inculto, who were Lithuanias entry one year, they are now disbanded but listening to them is still something I do a lot. They made really upbeat funky music that had some humour to them.

The Carpenters, Karen had an amazing voice and it's a shame she died so young. Their music was wholesome and warm and it reminds me of my mother, whenever I hear their songs I can hear my mums voice singing along to it also.

I enjoy Akdong Musician. Both of their voices work well together and they have some serious talent even while being so young. Their happier songs get me in such a great mood whilst their more melancholy songs really get me feeling deep.

Marina and the Diamonds, Marina has such weird energy. Her voice has so much personality and she really does some impressive vocal gymnastics. She is hands down the best singer I've ever heard and I have a lot of respect for her being so true to herself.

Although I wouldn't call myself a fan. Oasis made some of my favourite songs like Half the world away.

Posted

I'll listen to literally anything, except country or christian for some reason.

Posted

I love, love, love video game music. I want to be a video game composer at some point. Some favorite composers are Yuzo Koshiro, Hidenori Shoji, Hideaki Kobayashi, Fumie Kumatani, Michiru Yamane, David Wise, Hideki Naganuma, Akitaka Toyama Eveline Fischer, Johnathan Dunn...

I also love listening to psytrance, industrial, eurodance, post-hardcore, 80s Japanese rock, 90s pop, 00s hip hop, nu wave, grindcore, and noise. I'm in love with synthesizers and samplers.

Posted

Shoegaze, dreampop and kpop.