• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

What are your musical tastes ?

49 posts in this topic

Posted

Personally I like Celtic music , folk , indie , indie rock, punk , folk metal etc ... I will show you some videos! We all have different or similar musical tastes would be great to share your tastes !!

Posted

I listen to a lot of different stuff. Obviously K-Pop (as you can see from the Team Koreaboo jokes I make), but also a bunch of British "indie" artists (I guess they are indie or alternative? Just overall lesser known). In certain moods, or when I'm at a party, my lyrical knowledge of 90s rap also shines through haha.

I love Everything Everything!

Lianne La havas!

I have to add Gorillaz because I recently bought Demon Days and its a fucking good album. I'm surprised I never listened to them before lol.

Posted

I JUST GOT THE PRETTY IN PINK SOUNDTRACK ON VINYL AND I LOVE IT TO BITTTTS.

Posted

I listen to a lot of things and end up questioning myself a lot, so I been keeping tabs on it with the last.fm site thingy...

Posted

Opera, piano and violin are my favourites :alpacacrush:  

I listen to just about everything except screamo and country. . . . 

( favourite all time songs - Elfin lied lilium, Diva's song Blood plus, Ima robot-hello I love you, Imogen heap- good night an go, Ima robot- gangster, Santigold- you'll find a way) 

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DHFGBPtkbXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qA3oPpH7KVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted

I'm so...diverse in what I listen to, generally. I really like music which sort of has a mix of classical and electric (if that makes sense?) I also live for eerie and mysterious sounding songs (E.G: Touhou remixes, Eiko Shimamiya, Yousei Teikoku, Gain's 'Paradise lost' and Kanon Wakeshima's 'Still doll'). I love Kanon Wakeshima as a whole, her cello playing always amazes me. But I'm also edgy emo trash with English music tastes. :harharplz: But I'm currently really into KPOP, and recently dove back into Vocaloid hell.

Fav English spoken bands: Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, Drowning Pool, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson
Fav Vocaloid songs: Bacterial Contamination, Electric angel, Rolling Girl, The Lost One's Weeping
Fav Korean bands: B.A.P, Seventeen, 2NE1, U-KISS, Toppdogg, Block B, B.E.G
Fav Japanese bands: Sekai No Owari, The Gazette
Fav Chinese artists: Show Luo (especially his new song; 'let go' omg my heart) Jolin Tsai, Wilber Pan, Rainie Ying

I tried to link to songs...but my linking is not working? I'll have to redo this later. :drool::drool:

Posted

i love rock music like icon for hire and birthday massacre. i really love female rock singers.

Posted (edited)

Estoy tan ... diversa en lo que escucho, en general. Me gusta mucho la música, que tipo de tiene una mezcla de clásico y eléctrico (si eso tiene sentido?) Yo también vivo de las canciones que suenan misterioso y misterioso (EG: remezclas de Touhou, Eiko Shimamiya, Yousei Teikoku, de Gain 'Paradise lost' y Kanon Wakeshima de 'Todavía muñeca') . Me encanta Canon Wakeshima en su conjunto, su violonchelo jugando siempre me sorprende. Pero también soy emo basura vanguardista con gustos musicales ingleses.  : Harharplz: Pero estoy realmente en la actualidad KPOP, y recientemente sumergí de nuevo en el infierno Vocaloid. Fav inglés bandas que se hablan: Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn , Drowning Pool, Slipknot, Marilyn Manson canciones Fav Vocaloid: contaminación bacteriana, ángel eléctrico, balanceo de la muchacha, el llanto de la perdida bandas Fav coreanos: BAP, Diecisiete, 2NE1, U-Kiss, toppdogg, Bloque B, BEG Fav bandas japonesas: Sekai sin Owari, el Boletín artistas chinos Fav: Show Luo (especialmente su nueva canción, 'dejar ir' omg mi corazón)  Jolin Tsai, Wilber Pan, Rainie Ying me trató de vincular a las canciones ... pero mi vinculación no está funcionando? Voy a tener que volver a hacer esto más adelante. 

:babear::babear:

Many bands I you named like ,but I love to be punk not necessarily sound  but the style , letters , attitude, Bjork I think it is a clear example , and Asian artists not many like me , but I like Suneohair , Etsuko Yakushimaru mmm that style !
Edited by Nausicaä

Posted (edited)

I'm obsessed with bands like mewithoutYou, Why? and Listener.

...but according to last.fm I also have a major crush on Drake which I won't confirm nor deny.

Edited by painbird

Posted

Hehe, I have pretty similar taste(: I'm not really picky, like you could catch me listening to Ariana Grande or Nicki Minaj and many other things, but my main (and favorite) genres are mostly around classical, celtic, rock, metal, multiple metal subgenres and I reaaaally like opera music lmao. Some of my definite faves are Epica, Nightwish (and I can happily say I have seen them both live too!!) But I still love all kinds of music, but there are definitely some music i cant stand at all (I'm looking at you BOTDF)

These are a few songs I like (and I'm most likely to be listening to):

Posted

I listen to new age and Celtic music too. The older I get the more I appreciate new age especially. So relaxing and beautiful that is gives me goosebumps.

I am definitely a huge fan of heavy metal though.  silviam00n I love Nightwish! I also love Arkona, Children of Bodom, AC/DC, and so many more bands.

Posted

Idk if it's just me but this song is addicting. I have been listening to it for daaaaays

(starts at 1:17)

But i usually listen to The Neighbourhood, Arctic Monkeys, Lana Del Rey, Twenty One Pilots and The 1975. I listen to way more artists but those are just my faves and those i mainly listen to.

Posted

I like Dr. Dre he's my all time favorite rapper. But mostly 90s rap for me.

Posted (edited)

I guess my favourite bands are Descendents, Mindless Self Indulgence, Bad Religion, Offspring and NOFX. Also like some Angelspit, Gorillaz and random j-rock girl bands I find, and I gotta admit I have a soft spot for SMiLE.dk and other cheesy eurobeat songs. Here's my music playlist (rave time)

Edited by mayo

Posted