• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Kanadajin3 Videos

4726 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know about her demographic but obviously movies shown in Japan would have some sort of Japanese with it...

Stating the obvious to the max here would have liked more in depth info.

Posted

Wow they still have rental stores? I guess japanese people are more attached to the object in their culture and don't like VOD? 

Anyway I don't find this video really informative or interesting...

Posted

Stating the obvious to the max here would have liked more in depth info.

Yeah, this. Does she even put thought into her videos even?

I think about videos and plan them and ask others if they would be interesting before I put one out. 

What does she do? I think she is just trying to push her anti-English agenda ever so sneakily by saying "that's the language WE speak HERE."

We get it Mira, Japanese speak Japanese. Obviously movies in Japan have Japanese subtitles with them, and Japanese movies won't be filmed in English.

God what a stupid video that I am irrationally annoyed at.

Posted

B-But ... isn't this common sense? That movies released in Japan ... will be in Japanese? Or at least have Japanese subtitles? I mean, I know the majority of her target audience is comprised of idiots, but surely even they have enough brain cells to know this? What on earth is the point of this video? Although I suppose you could say that about most of her content ...

Posted

B-But ... isn't this common sense? That movies released in Japan ... will be in Japanese? Or at least have Japanese subtitles? I mean, I know the majority of her target audience is comprised of idiots, but surely even they have enough brain cells to know this? What on earth is the point of this video? Although I suppose you could say that about most of her content ...

For Germans it actually requires explanation, because all movies in Germany are released dubbed. However, sorry to say this, but Germans are just better at dubbing. With Japanese dubs everyone sounds really shallow and rude, it's super weird. So it's a lot better to just do subtitles for releases in Japan. And in my experience Japanese people prefer the subbed versions as well.

Wow they still have rental stores? I guess japanese people are more attached to the object in their culture and don't like VOD? 

VOD in Japan is either expensive or the selection isn't good. I could watch a video VOD for 400Yen or just rent the DVD for 200. (Tsutaya is 1000yen for 5 DVDs)

I don't know if Mira didn't want to confuse her viewers, but going to the cinema (Toho) is 1,800 per person, not 2,000. And as someone said, there's women's day when it's only 1,000 and on the 1st movies are only 1,000 as well. If you go late in the evening there's a considerable discount as well. Going to the movies is very expensive in Japan, but not THAT expensive.

What she could've mentioned is that Japan releases around 500 (!!!) Japanese movies each year. In contrast, Germany produced 100 movies in 2005. When I first came to Japan, that just baffled me. In Germany we predominantly watch foreign movies and listen to foreign music, most people could probably count the number of German movies they saw last year on exactly 0 fingers, but in Japan there's just so many national movies! Sure, they're not all great, but there are some gems. :) Also the 20 highest grossing movies last year were for the most part movie adaptations of anime or TV dramas, which is kind of sad, because I prefer original content.

Posted (edited)

For Germans it actually requires explanation, because all movies in Germany are released dubbed. However, sorry to say this, but Germans are just better at dubbing. With Japanese dubs everyone sounds really shallow and rude, it's super weird. So it's a lot better to just do subtitles for releases in Japan. And in my experience Japanese people prefer the subbed versions as well.

VOD in Japan is either expensive or the selection isn't good. I could watch a video VOD for 400Yen or just rent the DVD for 200. (Tsutaya is 1000yen for 5 DVDs)

I don't know if Mira didn't want to confuse her viewers, but going to the cinema (Toho) is 1,800 per person, not 2,000. And as someone said, there's women's day when it's only 1,000 and on the 1st movies are only 1,000 as well. If you go late in the evening there's a considerable discount as well. Going to the movies is very expensive in Japan, but not THAT expensive.

What she could've mentioned is that Japan releases around 500 (!!!) Japanese movies each year. In contrast, Germany produced 100 movies in 2005. When I first came to Japan, that just baffled me. In Germany we predominantly watch foreign movies and listen to foreign music, most people could probably count the number of German movies they saw last year on exactly 0 fingers, but in Japan there's just so many national movies! Sure, they're not all great, but there are some gems. :) Also the 20 highest grossing movies last year were for the most part movie adaptations of anime or TV dramas, which is kind of sad, because I prefer original content.

Thanks for all of these infos! I would've given you a reputation point but I already used them all. 

Edited by Lachesis
Typo again

Posted

OH look what we have here !? Lmaoing at this because Mira worked in the "adult" industry aswel didn't she ? 

Posted

OH look what we have here !? Lmaoing at this because Mira worked in the "adult" industry aswel didn't she ? 

Speaking from experience again, Mira?

Also what's with the "Stay in school ANDWATCHMYVIDEOS" bullshit at the end? jfc

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hM6lp8iyQ 

so now she drunk vlogs. i feel so odd watching this

like she is trying really hard to make it seem like shes at some important party. i feel like i am watching a bad jersey shore video.

i haven't really watched many of her videos mostly because she doesn't look  so good and entertaining but this is just cringy. 

i don't think i learned anything about japan while watching this, she just comes off as trashy and too tryhard in my opinion. oh well, time to read the thread and check out some more videos of hers in hopes she can redeem herself..

Posted

Also what's with the "Stay in school ANDWATCHMYVIDEOS" bullshit at the end? jfc

Well you got further than me. I turned it off around the half-way mark when she started to get into the psychology on why schoolgirls participate. At that point it seemed clear she got half her "facts" from wikipedia, and the other half from watching Lifetime movies. 

Posted

Where they at tho

1455127031807-538214444.jpg

Posted

Where they at tho

1455127031807-538214444.jpg

f273654057379504e7caedb2e1d6b5fa.jpg

Posted

I think she was talking about this.

Posted (edited)

Looking at an AKB related site, and found this pic:

CaOAjRUUEAE9PWH.jpg

Note the Heinz mustard on the table.  The mustard that Mira claims doesn't exist in Japan. (Pic was taken in Tokyo)

Edited by jugglingfreak

Posted

I think she was talking about this.

If she was, that makes her even more of an ass. That Vice News article was clickbait bullshit, a typical "let's go see how depraved those pedo Japs are" kind of report. I'm not a weeb and it still offended me; you'd think Mira would have gone batshit insane.