• Announcements

• Moderator Applications Open!   05/20/17

Hi everyone! We're looking to expand our moderation team. See this thread for the link if you are interested. Thanks!

Kanadajin3 Videos

3514 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Thank you, captain obvious. I like how she fails to mention things like, Japanese people touching foreigners without asking. Japanese barging into people and not apologizing.

Thank you for bringing this up. If anyone wants a good example, on one of That Japanese Man Yuta's videos, two foreign friends are interviewing Japanese, to see if they speak English. They were talking to a group of guys and one of the guys slyly reached up to touch one of the girl's (a black girl) hair. You can write that off to "He's never seen hair like that before!" (I think she may have had locks?) But it doesn't change the fact that he touched her without her permission, and the other girl had to yell at him to stop touching her.

Amazing, how the Japanese are so respectful and don't touch people without permission, Miranda. You were truly born into the most advanced culture. Oh, wait. :Alpacashocked:

Edit: It was actually the "Japanese React to Foreigner's Japanese" video.

Edited by cruelolive
comma

Posted

Thank you for bringing this up. If anyone wants a good example, on one of That Japanese Man Yuta's videos, two foreign friends are interviewing Japanese, to see if they speak English. They were talking to a group of guys and one of the guys slyly reached up to touch one of the girl's (a black girl) hair. You can write that off to "He's never seen hair like that before!" (I think she may have had locks?) But it doesn't change the fact that he touched her without her permission, and the other girl had to yell at him to stop touching her.

Amazing, how the Japanese are so respectful and don't touch people without permission, Miranda. You were truly born into the most advanced culture. Oh, wait. :Alpacashocked:

Ruti, a Mexican jvlogger stated that when she was young she had a big butt. And when she first arrived in Japan people, especially old ladies, would grab it to see if it was real too.

Another youtuber (i don't remember who) said ladies would grab her breasts in onsen, because she had a larger chest...

But you know, Japanese people dont touch strangers because its disrespectful 9_9

Posted

Look, I understand how the west seems to be a bit more "touchy" especially compared to asian countries. Like a tap on the shoulder isn't really rude if you're trying to get someone's attention. But outside of that and whoever is in your circle, we aren't all that touchy towards strangers. Especially when it can be considered assault if someone touches without your okay to.

This is just getting ridiculous. I know ideas can run low from time to time, but she picks the stupidest subjects to make videos on. Or if she does pick a good topic, she butchers it entirely. She really is either pandering to the weeb demographic where everything is strongly that different IN JAPAN(!!!) for views or she really does the bare minimum and not care. Because I refuse to believe that people requested a video on this.

It's not like Japan is that interesting with its cities, temples, historical sites, food, or anything like that...*rolls eyes*.

Posted

Seeing as I live in Canada, no-- we don't touch strangers to get their attention.

We say excuse me, and if by some chance someone doesn't notice M A Y B E we tap their shoulder as lightly as possible. Pushing someone aside though? No, never-- that is so fucking rude. I've only ever seen people do that with close family, friends, and coworkers. It's not a special thing to Japan. Don't touch strangers in any country, you weeb.

Posted (edited)

Our lovely lola has made a slight appearance in the comments on her new video.

Someone said "I think you should show this to Japanese people:..a lot of Japanese people just touch foreigners for no reason.. "

And lola replied "I never seen this anywhere here."

So just because they never seen it happen it can't possibly be true!

Also a lot of other comments on the video are cringe y or creepy too....

lola.png

Edited by Axlotl

Posted

When I was in Japan, and even here with my Japanese exchange friends (think 16-23 year old girls who have just arrived in a Western country), people would often touch my hair as I am very light blonde with very fluffy hair. I take it as a compliment, and just smiled and laughed for ten seconds. It's because I'm a novelty to them, and that's okay by me, I'm not offended by that kind of attention. But that doesn't mean you should reciprocate that kind of action, which is something that shouldn't need to be said / have an entire video made about?

Posted

When I was in Japan, and even here with my Japanese exchange friends (think 16-23 year old girls who have just arrived in a Western country), people would often touch my hair as I am very light blonde with very fluffy hair. I take it as a compliment, and just smiled and laughed for ten seconds. It's because I'm a novelty to them, and that's okay by me, I'm not offended by that kind of attention. But that doesn't mean you should reciprocate that kind of action, which is something that shouldn't need to be said / have an entire video made about?

I have the same thing happen to me from time to time. At first I didn't mind it, now it pisses me off. I have blonde hair and blue eyes. So if its not the Japanese touching my hair, it is them pulling me closer so they can look at my eyes. I am so over it. 

Posted (edited)

This may be taking things slightly off topic, but that's an interesting contradiction. Japanese people seem to think it's ok to touch people who have an unusual trait, but PDA is much less common than in some other countries. I wonder if the people being touched due to unusual traits are more likely to be gaijin, and the reason that Japanese people touch them is they think the rules don't apply to them and/or they've vaguely heard that other cultures are more "touchy." Or maybe it's a matter of type of touching. PDA is less accepted because it's basically showing off your intimacy, but other forms of touch and more or less inevitable because Japan is simply a smaller place and even cosleeping among siblings or parents and older children is not uncommon.

Regardless, I've realized something. Mira's basically gaijin-smashing her way through Japan and doesn't even realize it. For those unfamiliar with the term, gaijin smash is basically when Japanese people turn a blind eye to gaijin doing off-color things because they might not know any better and it's not worth it to correct them because they'll probably leave soon anyway, so there's no point in leaving a bad taste in their mouth. But Mira, of course, is planning to stay forever.

Edited by ChinnyChinnyBangBang

Posted (edited)

Yeah, and that's the exact problem that I have with her. She runs around 'gaijin smashing' like you say while at the same time advertising to her viewers that she's Japanese and knows a lot about Japan when she really doesn't and is learning along the way. I kind of envy that a lot of people can 'gaijin smash' a bit I guess. I can sometimes too, but once Japanese people learn I'm mixed, their attitude changes and I'll get more disapproval for doing certain things and it can sometimes be considered a reflection of my family as well, but other times, you'll still be treated like a foreigner. It varies person to person, situation to situation.

I honestly don't think 'gaijin smashing' is a bad thing though unless you're planning on becoming a resident and acting too disrespectful, but it is a bad thing to 'gaijin smash' while saying you're ethnicity and culture is Japanese cause people that are ethnically and culturally Japanese or partly, aren't (always) allowed to 'gaijin smash'.

Idk just how I feel, probably more of an emotional argument than logical I admit.

I just really hate Kanadajin3. Some other Jvloggers or 'weeaboos' may irk me sometimes, but no one else I know pretends to be a Japanese native. She told me in a comments section some time ago that it was 'offensive to us Japanese' to say that I'm part Japanese because I was born and raised outside of Japan. I just couldn't believe it honestly. I want her to be exposed as the ultimate Weeb Queen rather than Venus Angelic.

Edited by kksd649

Posted

Yeah, and that's the exact problem that I have with her. She runs around 'gaijin smashing' like you say while at the same time advertising to her viewers that she's Japanese and knows a lot about Japan when she really doesn't and is learning along the way. I kind of envy that a lot of people can 'gaijin smash' a bit I guess. I can sometimes too, but once Japanese people learn I'm mixed, their attitude changes and I'll get more disapproval for doing certain things and it can sometimes be considered a reflection of my family as well, but other times, you'll still be treated like a foreigner. It varies person to person, situation to situation.

I honestly don't think 'gaijin smashing' is a bad thing though unless you're planning on becoming a resident and acting too disrespectful, but it is a bad thing to 'gaijin smash' while saying you're ethnicity and culture is Japanese cause people that are ethnically and culturally Japanese or partly, aren't (always) allowed to 'gaijin smash'.

Idk just how I feel, probably more of an emotional argument than logical I admit.

I just really hate Kanadajin3. Some other Jvloggers or 'weeaboos' may irk me sometimes, but no one else I know pretends to be a Japanese native. She told me in a comments section some time ago that it was 'offensive to us Japanese' to say that I'm part Japanese because I was born and raised outside of Japan. I just couldn't believe it honestly. I want her to be exposed as the ultimate Weeb Queen rather than Venus Angelic.

holy shit she told you you aren't part Japanese because you weren't born in Japan? I think that's one of the most disgustingly offensive things I've ever heard. Do you have a screenshot of it?

Posted (edited)

Ugh man had I known that'd I'd complain about her on PULL, I totally would have, but when she replied the second time, I actually got kind of embarrassed seeing that the majority of the comments section agreed with her views and that she was dissing me who's a nobody on her turf basically so I deleted the conversation.

I made a comment on this video

I said something like, "So my race is White and Asian, the Asian side being only Japanese, but according to you, I can't say I'm ethnically Japanese?"

Then she said,

"Your race is human. Your ethnicity is American.   Personally, I think unless you actually have direct influence from a culture , its pointless saying it. Americans have a LOVE for saying "I am this and that". But the reality is its quite insulting to actual people from those cultures. It creates steriotypes and racism. If you have a guy whos grandparents are from Japan, they are japanese but his dad and him isn't. But if he says "I am Japanese". What is Japanese about him? His dna? Well that doesn't make sence, because before Japanese people were in Japan, before Japan was a country there was other groups of people speaking different languages, so shouldn't he say he is Chinese?. But before China, those people came from another place, and going back and back and back we are all African.    Americans have an obsession with anouncing their most recent culture, as long as it matches a face. It is a concept built on racism.   If a white man said he is Jamacian, it wont be taken as accepted. Even though White, Brown and Black people were all brought to Jamacia at the same time, Jamacia only has this image of being black. It doesn't matter if its 10 years or 700 years, if the face doesn't match the steriotype toward that country, it is questioned till they come up with an answer.   People need to understand this isn't relevant. What your ancestors did, doens't make you. You are just as = american as any other American.I don't understand why people have an obsession with it at all. It has as much relevance as "what did your great grandfather work as a job".

I just told her that she was playing with semantics and changing the definition of words and that ethnically Japanese people are those that are descended from the cocktail people that came to populate Japan and that the country your grandfather came from is way more relevant than what job he worked, etc. And lastly that what she was saying was pretty offensive to me.

She then replied with another TLDR paragraph about how I seem to think Japanese don't have an origin and it's rooted in racism to think you're something cuz people ask "what are you?" and stuff like that and it's offensive to say I'm Japanese unless I went to Japanese school as a kid, 'act a different way at home', speak Japanese, etc. also that if I lived in japan, I'd 'realize just how American you really are.'

Like this chick doesn't even know me and she's assuming that I identify with Japan only based off of my appearance or something? Another thing that sucks is that this is would be a great, informative video if not for the racial undertones she threw in it.

Edited by kksd649

Posted (edited)

I said something like, "So I'm White and Asian, the Asian side being only Japanese, but according to you, I can't say I'm ethnically Japanese?"

Then she said,

"Your race is human. Your ethnicity is American.   Personally, I think unless you actually have direct influence from a culture , its pointless saying it. Americans have a LOVE for saying "I am this and that". But the reality is its quite insulting to actual people from those cultures. It creates steriotypes and racism. If you have a guy whos grandparents are from Japan, they are japanese but his dad and him isn't. But if he says "I am Japanese". What is Japanese about him? His dna? Well that doesn't make sence, because before Japanese people were in Japan, before Japan was a country there was other groups of people speaking different languages, so shouldn't he say he is Chinese?. But before China, those people came from another place, and going back and back and back we are all African.    Americans have an obsession with anouncing their most recent culture, as long as it matches a face. It is a concept built on racism.   If a white man said he is Jamacian, it wont be taken as accepted. Even though White, Brown and Black people were all brought to Jamacia at the same time, Jamacia only has this image of being black. It doesn't matter if its 10 years or 700 years, if the face doesn't match the steriotype toward that country, it is questioned till they come up with an answer.   People need to understand this isn't relevant. What your ancestors did, doens't make you. You are just as = american as any other American.I don't understand why people have an obsession with it at all. It has as much relevance as "what did your great grandfather work as a job".

I just told her that she was playing with semantics and changing the definition of words and that ethnically Japanese people are those that are descended from the cocktail people that came to populate Japan and that the country your grandfather came from is way more relevant than what job he worked. And lastly that what she was saying was pretty offensive to me.

She then replied with another TLDR paragraph about how I seem to think Japanese don't have an origin and it's rooted in racism to think you're something cuz people ask "what are you?" and stuff like that and it's offensive to say I'm Japanese unless I went to Japanese school as a kid, 'act a different way at home', speak Japanese, etc. also that if I lived in japan, I'd 'realize just how American you really are.'

Like this chick doesn't even know me and she's assuming that I identify with Japan only based off of my appearance or something.

She even states herself that people that don't look like the majority of people living in a country will always be seen as foreigners. Therefore all efforts made to adapt another country's culture are worthless if you don't look like the people from there. How ironic to hear something like this from Mira who still seems to identify as a Japanese person.

Edited by coffeejunkie

Posted (edited)

BS. She's weaving a web in order to make a case for her being "more Japanese" than others.; but it doesn't make any sense.

I'm 25% Japanese. Mira is 0% and that will NEVER change. My grandmother was born and raised in Japan and came to the U.S when she was in her early 20s. My grandmother is now an American citizen but she's still ethnically/racially Japanese. Yes she's no longer a Japanese national so in that sense she isn't "Japanese" anymore but her cultural upbringing and ethnicity/race will never change. The same goes for others who lived/were born anywhere. She cannot go back thousands of years because we base our identity on LIVING history.

--------------------------  If for example someone who's 0% Japanese was born and raised in Japan then culturally and were never taught anything else YES they ARE Japanese CULTURALLY. BUT it still will never change the fact that they are not RACIALLY Japanese.

Mira can study all she wants about Japanese culture; she can change her NATIONALITY, but she will never change her ETHNIC upbringing or RACE and that's just a fact. Good God this woman is delusional in her pursuit of "becoming Japanese".

it's offensive to say I'm Japanese unless I went to Japanese school as a kid, 'act a different way at home', speak Japanese, etc.

So by her definition she will never be Japanese either because she never went to school in Japan as a child and wasn't raised in the Japanese culture.

Mira doesn't seem to know the difference between the words Race, Ethnicity, Cultural and Nationality.

Edited by momentomori

Posted

As I was browsing through the comments of the ethnicity video I found this:

kndjnrcsm.thumb.png.a61a154273ff6e6eab07

Classic Miranda, ranting on about a related subject to avoid answering any questions.

Bonus:

Guess who I found:

mkknkndjn.thumb.png.12ec828c6d75038d7c7f

...aka AzLabyrinth :haiplz: People who follow the Venus vs Margo drama will know. 

Posted

Jesus H. Christ. That is horrible. She's just friggin' trying to twist the world around her to actually warp her mind into believing that she's more Japanese than people who have actual Japanese ancestry. She keeps spewing about ethnicity, culture, and nationality but completely missing what ANY of those words even mean. God, I'm not even Japanese in the slightest and I'm absolutely livid. How could someone be so blind?!