• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Site is slow or error 524 intensifies

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I pretty much cannot participate with the site like this. I'm amazed this page even loaded. I hope this is resolved soon :(

Posted

i am also having the same problems for the past couple of days. today its a bit better compared to the other day when it took 5-10 minutes to load a single page and is now 1-5 mins. 

Posted

i am also having the same problems for the past couple of days. today its a bit better compared to the other day when it took 5-10 minutes to load a single page and is now 1-5 mins. 

Using Desktop on my laptop is actually making the site work for me.

Slowly

Posted

I am also having this problem. I thought it was my wifi at first, but had the same results on my desktop at work. In the Jasmine thread you can see where it also double posted my response as well as the 2 people who posted after me. We all had duplicates I am assuming because of the connection issue.

I am also having this problem. I thought it was my wifi at first, but had the same results on my desktop at work. In the Jasmine thread you can see where it also double posted my response as well as the 2 people who posted after me. We all had duplicates I am assuming because of the connection issue.

Posted

Hope things work out soon! I miss reading these forums with my morning coffee 

Posted

I've noticed the site is working a bit faster today

Posted (edited)

I've noticed the site is working a bit faster today

Still seems extremely slow to me.

Edited by Labyrinth
forum err0r

Posted

Right now PULL seems to be working fine! Like somebody wrote on Reddit when PULL was giving the Bad Gateway Error last week, "Didn't think I'd miss the site but I do". PULL keeps me company on sleepless nights so I realized last night that it's quite boring to browse stuff on my phone if there's no PULL lol... 

If there needs to be a fundraiser for better servers I'll be glad to chip in! :alpacacrush:

Posted

Hi everyone! We use a service called Cloudflare, which vastly improves our forum's performance and security. Cloudflare has been experiencing issues for a few days, which is why we keep bouncing offline and online again. Sadly, there's nothing we can do about this  - CF is absolutely necessary to protect us from cyber attacks and snowflakes' wrath, and there's no other service like it. 

Posted

Damn, so this is why I couldnt accest the site for four days.

Posted

Yay it's working again

Posted

Hi everyone! We use a service called Cloudflare, which vastly improves our forum's performance and security. Cloudflare has been experiencing issues for a few days, which is why we keep bouncing offline and online again. Sadly, there's nothing we can do about this  - CF is absolutely necessary to protect us from cyber attacks and snowflakes' wrath, and there's no other service like it. 

Thanks for the update! If this happens again though, could you maybe create an announcement addressing it. If we get the front page to load, it would be reassuring to see the admins are aware of the issue.