• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

@ Mods? Nyx? Anyone?

103 posts in this topic

Posted

Same goes for me, I have been around pull way before this forum was created, I check every so often and I have had experience with forums, communities and servers (I also run my own discord server) so I know what you are dealing with, unfortunately we can't please everyone but some people like being loud about unecesarry things. 

Anyway I trust your judgment and you shall do as you see fit, a lot of us fully support you guys and we all hope for the best. 

if you need us don't hesitate asking! 

Posted

Okay but can we talk about that one mod who abuses her position to talk shit about kenna? I haven't seen her around lately.

Posted

Hidden Content

I think you're talking about Yuuna (not a mod anymore), but what do mean by abusing her position?

Posted

🙄

Posted

Hi, just a question: Does a thread here exist, where basic questions are already answered about PULL? A help or Q&A thing? When I was new I didn't found anything like that and had to search in threads, which had nothing to do with my question, for an answer.

And I mean basic questions like how long it will take for my post to be approved, how to copy and paste something while writing a post without it having a black background, can one delete their account (I know you can't but some don't know it) or how to get old pictures away (I know through deleting cookies) so that whenever someone has a problem they only have to search that specific thread and don't ask in other threads. Something like a introduction would have been nice to explain things like when can one be a Lumineux etc. 

Sorry if it already exists and I was just too stupid to find it lol :) 

Posted

Hi, just a question: Does a thread here exist, where basic questions are already answered about PULL? A help or Q&A thing? When I was new I didn't found anything like that and had to search in threads, which had nothing to do with my question, for an answer.

And I mean basic questions like how long it will take for my post to be approved, how to copy and paste something while writing a post without it having a black background, can one delete their account (I know you can't but some don't know it) or how to get old pictures away (I know through deleting cookies) so that whenever someone has a problem they only have to search that specific thread and don't ask in other threads. Something like a introduction would have been nice to explain things like when can one be a Lumineux etc. 

Sorry if it already exists and I was just too stupid to find it lol :) 

isn't it in the "make your voice heard!"?

I think you're talking about Yuuna (not a mod anymore), but what do mean by abusing her position?

yeah, i want to know too

tea is tea

Posted

isn't it in the "make your voice heard!"?

I mean a more general thread where you don't have to ask the questions and where most of the questions are put on the same page and are already answered. Idk how to really describe it. I mean something like

1. Q: How......?

A: Like.....

2. Q: Why......?

A: Because...

Make your voice heard seems rather to be about recent problems, while I mean to make a general thread with basic questions and explaintions for new members, so that everything is on one side and some questions don't have to be answered several times 

Posted

arguing with users mostly and not helping control the constant nitpicking on the thread. If anything she adds to the fire. 

Posted

I mean a more general thread where you don't have to ask the questions and where most of the questions are put on the same page and are already answered. Idk how to really describe it. I mean something like

1. Q: How......?

A: Like.....

2. Q: Why......?

A: Because...

Make your voice heard seems rather to be about recent problems, while I mean to make a general thread with basic questions and explaintions for new members, so that everything is on one side and some questions don't have to be answered several times 

oh, then idk :/

Posted

Holy crap.

If people really think Rhea is a "rude" and "terrible" mod, then y'all clearly never knew me when I was a mod xD.

Please. If you weren't here before Nyx took over, then you have no idea what "rude" looks like and were this still managed by the original site owners, you would be eaten alive

This place has never been and will never be for anyone that isn't thick skinned. Shit, even had to learn that the hard way. If you're easily offended by someone's "crass tone" (which my god, Rhea's tone is like kittens purring compared to my tone), then don't be here. Simple as that. You are not going to change how the site functions. You can piss and whine all you want but you're wasting your breath. You can't go into someone else's yard and tell them they need to change everything from the ground up. Nope, not how it works. You can make suggestions and vent actually valid criticisms, but if they say no then either leave or let it go. Because at that point you're just being an entitled brat.

Also, since you seem to think it's so easy to manage such a massive forum with so many different kinds of people from all over the world, what with your lack of compassion for the hard work that the mods actually do behind the scenes, then by all means start your own forum! Oh what's that? You don't know how? Then zip it!

You do know that the mods have lives outside of the forum right? This isn't their day job. They manage this site as a FREE service to you. So maybe be a little more grateful and act like an adult rather than a spoiled entitled child who deserves answers to everything for doing nothing but gossiping at the end of the day.

And before any snowflake wants to point out - NO I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT DOWNVOTES. For the love of god. That may be what you care about but don't project it on to me.

DOWNVOTE ME INTO THE HUNDREDS I LITERALLY DO NOT CARE! Bring them on! I welcome your delicious downvotes!:hurrplz:

Posted

Holy crap.

If people really think Rhea is a "rude" and "terrible" mod, then y'all clearly never knew me when I was a mod xD.

Please. If you weren't here before Nyx took over, then you have no idea what "rude" looks like and were this still managed by the original site owners, you would be eaten alive

This place has never been and will never be for anyone that isn't thick skinned. Shit, even had to learn that the hard way. If you're easily offended by someone's "crass tone" (which my god, Rhea's tone is like kittens purring compared to my tone), then don't be here. Simple as that. You are not going to change how the site functions. You can piss and whine all you want but you're wasting your breath. You can't go into someone else's yard and tell them they need to change everything from the ground up. Nope, not how it works. You can make suggestions and vent actually valid criticisms, but if they say no then either leave or let it go. Because at that point you're just being an entitled brat.

Also, since you seem to think it's so easy to manage such a massive forum with so many different kinds of people from all over the world, what with your lack of compassion for the hard work that the mods actually do behind the scenes, then by all means start your own forum! Oh what's that? You don't know how? Then zip it!

You do know that the mods have lives outside of the forum right? This isn't their day job. They manage this site as a FREE service to you. So maybe be a little more grateful and act like an adult rather than a spoiled entitled child who deserves answers to everything for doing nothing but gossiping at the end of the day.

And before any snowflake wants to point out - NO I DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT DOWNVOTES. For the love of god. That may be what you care about but don't project it on to me.

DOWNVOTE ME INTO THE HUNDREDS I LITERALLY DO NOT CARE! Bring them on! I welcome your delicious downvotes!:hurrplz:

tbh i didn't like u that much earlier but now i want to marry you

Posted (edited)

Holy crap.

What I though differentiated PULL from sites like kiwifarm was that we aren't here acting like asshats for the sake of being asshats. Sure it's a gossip site, but the overall vibe is chill, and it actually feels like a community. And the current userbase probably resonates more with this mentality, otherwise there would be no reason to come here rather than over there.

Sure, we can't force the admins to do anything, but it's in their own interest to listen to their users if they want this forum to thrive and their work pay off. And I really don't get why you and both Nyx and Rhea feel the need to push the "we work hard behind the scenes" argument, when literally nobody questioned that. We know, and we appreciate it. It doesn't mean we can't have questions, suggestions and complaints about other aspects of the forum.

Also this might be a free service, but it's a responsibility they took upon themselves, and doesn't mean they have to be shielded from criticism. It's called work ethic. If I volunteer at an animal shelter, and someone tells me I'm doing a poor job cleaning up cat poop, I'm not going to throw a fit, since I'm probably there because I care about the cause.

But yeah, I agree with the downvote thing. If you're here to criticise a snowflake then be prepared to receive criticism yourself. I'm a socially anxious person, so I admit that I care a bit too much about other people's opinion on what I say, but unless it's a case of a thread having a severe hivemind mentality or someone going on a downvoting spree for whatever reason, it's fair and square and people should suck it up.

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly
I can't spell apparently

Posted

What I though differentiated PULL from sites like kiwifarm was that we aren't here acting like asshats for the sake of being asshats. Sure it's a gossip site, but the overall vibe is chill, and it actually feels like a community. And the current userbase probably resonates more with this mentality, otherwise there would be no reason to come here rather than over there.

Sure, we can't force the admins to do anything, but it's in their own interest to listen to their users if they want this forum to thrive and their work pay off. And I really don't get why you and both Nyx and Rhea feel the need to push the "we work hard behind the scenes" argument, when literally nobody questioned that. We know, and we appreciate it. It doesn't mean we can't have questions, suggestions and complaints about other aspects of the forum.

Also this might be a free service, but it's a responsibility they took upon themselves, and doesn't mean they have to be shielded from criticism. It's called work ethic. If I volunteer at an animal shelter, and someone tells me I'm doing a poor job cleaning up cat poop, I'm not going to throw a fit, since I'm probably there because I care about the cause.

But yeah, I agree with the downvote thing. If you're here to criticise a snowflake then be prepared to receive criticism yourself. I'm a socially anxious person, so I admit that I care a bit too much about other people's opinion on what I say, but unless it's a case of a thread having a severe hivemind mentality or someone going on a downvoting spree for whatever reason, it's fair and square and people should suck it up.

SIGH. I don’t think you fully comprehended what I said. You may want to try reading it again.

1. - You clearly missed the part where I said “You can make suggestions and vent actually valid criticisms” clearly illustrating that you CAN make suggestions and VALID criticisms. You know what’s not a valid criticism? “uWu your tone that’s really actually mild by comparison to the rest of the world hurt my feelings!”. Yeah, no.

2. - No one is arguing being an asshat for the sake of being an asshat. Just because PULL is better than kiwi/lol doesn’t mean they’re a soft fluffy cloud of hand holding. Again, if you weren’t here before Nyx took over, then you really have no IDEA how much “meaner” it used to be here.

3. - The fact that you say no one is questioning how hard the mods work behind the scenes goes to show how you clearly haven’t done any actual thorough reading of the complaints on here stating that they don’t work hard enough. Furthermore, as a former mod, you as a regular user have no idea the kind of ridiculously angry and entitled messages the mods gets practically on the daily behind the scenes of what a shit job they’re doing that’s completely unfounded and unwarranted. The point is just because YOU don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not happening as you are not privy to anything that is actually happening behind the scenes.

Learn to see outside your own bubble and learn to critically think. Real advice here.

Posted (edited)

SIGH. I don’t think you fully comprehended what I said. You may want to try reading it again.

1. - You clearly missed the part where I said “You can make suggestions and vent actually valid criticisms” clearly illustrating that you CAN make suggestions and VALID criticisms. You know what’s not a valid criticism? “uWu your tone that’s really actually mild by comparison to the rest of the world hurt my feelings!”. Yeah, no.

2. - No one is arguing being an asshat for the sake of being an asshat. Just because PULL is better than kiwi/lol doesn’t mean they’re a soft fluffy cloud of hand holding. Again, if you weren’t here before Nyx took over, then you really have no IDEA how much “meaner” it used to be here.

3. - The fact that you say no one is questioning how hard the mods work behind the scenes goes to show how you clearly haven’t done any actual thorough reading of the complaints on here stating that they don’t work hard enough. Furthermore, as a former mod, you as a regular user have no idea the kind of ridiculously angry and entitled messages the mods gets practically on the daily behind the scenes of what a shit job they’re doing that’s completely unfounded and unwarranted. The point is just because YOU don’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not happening as you are not privy to anything that is actually happening behind the scenes.

Learn to see outside your own bubble and learn to critically think. Real advice here.

Believe me, I thoroughly read every single post in this thread, and as far as I remember none of them were discrediting how much work the mods and admins put into this forum. I actually replied to Nyx's post earlier, when she came up with this "what happens behind the scenes" defense argument for the first time, and a lot of people agreed that the criticism towards Rhea was solely about her interactions with the users, and not meant to degrade her as a person or her work ethic in general.

I'm sure some users do that in pms, but in this thread specifically your rant about us being ungrateful was totally unwarranted. Maybe you should learn to see outside your bubble and realise that not everything is an attack. /I'm only getting personal since you went there first/

I guess the stress of being a mod and recieving nasty messages makes one more paranoid when it comes to criticism. In that case I'm sorry, but my point still stands.

Again, how PULL was before and how other similar sites are right now has nothing to do with with my argument here. It looks obvious to me that Nyx wants to stay above that, and make this place feel like a welcoming community where people feel comfortable sharing their opinions, so suggestions regarding how we could move in that direction seem totally valid. And if a lot of users are specifically bothered by a mod's harshness, that falls under that category.

You may see that as just a bunch of sensitive flakes' whining, in that case congrats for having a thicker skin, but PULL seems to be a place for people who don't vibe with the lolcow mentality and simply want civil conversation and fair treatment, which currently means leaning towards more tolerance and a friendlier tone between eachother (not necessarily a hugbox). And based on the site rules and what the admins communicate, they don't seem to object to that. Whether you like that or not doesn't matter, it's not your job anymore to tell people what kind of criticism is valid.

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly

Posted (edited)

Believe me, I thoroughly read every single post in this thread, and as far as I remember none of them were discrediting how much work the mods and admins put into this forum. I actually replied to Nyx's post earlier, when she came up with this "what happens behind the scenes" defense argument for the first time, and a lot of people agreed that the criticism towards Rhea was solely about her interactions with the users, and not meant to degrade her as a person or her work ethic in general.

I'm sure some users do that in pms, but in this thread specifically your rant about us being ungrateful was totally unwarranted. Maybe you should learn to see outside your bubble and realise that not everything is an attack. /I'm only getting personal since you went there first/

I guess the stress of being a mod and recieving nasty messages makes one more paranoid when it comes to criticism. In that case I'm sorry, but my point still stands.

Again, how PULL was before and how other similar sites are right now has nothing to do with with my argument here. It looks obvious to me that Nyx wants to stay above that, and make this place feel like a welcoming community where people feel comfortable sharing their opinions, so suggestions regarding how we could move in that direction seem totally valid. And if a lot of users are specifically bothered by a mod's harshness, that falls under that category.

You may see that as just a bunch of sensitive flakes' whining, in that case congrats for having a thicker skin, but PULL seems to be a place for people who don't vibe with the lolcow mentality and simply want civil conversation and fair treatment, which currently means leaning towards more tolerance and a friendlier tone between eachother (not necessarily a hugbox). And based on the site rules and what the admins communicate, they don't seem to object to that. Whether you like that or not doesn't matter, it's not your job anymore to tell people what kind of criticism is valid.

Oh dear GOD.

Look, I'm really not trying to insult you - I'm literally being real here - I think you need some serious work on your reading comprehension because it is excruciatingly poor.

1. - You would do well not to infer and assume someone's intentions based on a general post. My post was ambiguous but with a few specific users in mind that I refrained from calling out specifically. So instead, I made a general post for people like those persons to get a general point across. You and you alone assumed that it was about EVERYONE. Which if your reading comprehension was better you would understand the ability to read context. The way my post was written was very obviously a general post and not directed at any one person because as I stated, I avoided doing so. It may be cliche, but it is very true that to assume makes an "ASS" out of u and me. It happens because humans are flawed, but the point is to work on not letting it happen frequently.

2. - I highly doubt that you thoroughly read every post if that is what your response to all this is. Unless posts are being hidden (which they very well might be) I have literally SEEN posts as to which I am referencing.

3. - I took nothing of what was said as an attack to me. Are you serious right now? I read this thread from beginning to end, noticed a tone from some people and given what I do know and my knowledge of this forum, I jumped in because it was asinine that people jump to these ridiculous conclusions based off nothing.

4. - I'm not sensitive to criticism. I'm sensitive to completely unfounded, baseless, and straight up uneducated entitled bullshit being spewed. My tolerance for that is very low and no, I have no desire to change it because I refuse to enable such behavior.

5. - My god you just love to assume don't you? I worked WITH Nyx. FOR A LONG TIME when I was a mod. I know full well what her visions for the site are. But what she considers a community may very well be and probably is very different from what YOU consider a community. Literal definitions of community:

"1. a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
"the scientific community"
synonyms: group, section, body, company, set, circle, clique, coterie, ring, band, faction; More

2. a feeling of fellowship with others, as a result of sharing common attitudes, interests, and goals.
"the sense of community that organized religion can provide" "

The second definition is especially important. "Common attitudes, interests, and goals". Guess who determines those things? So, yeah. Furthermore, Nyx is an incredible diplomat and mediator. But its her site and if she doesn't find a problem with how her mods are, then like I said - deal with it or leave. And believe me, she is not afraid to give mods a stern talking to when needed. She's not a pushover. She just knows how to be diplomatic.

I've clearly seen that the people you claim are "bothered", are new and people who haven't been here long enough to understand how this place is/was and like I said - you don't get to go into someone else's yard and tell them how to do things. Seriously, grow up.

6. - I am incredibly disturbed at how incredibly presumptuous you are about practically everything. Let's look at this like a scale. Kiwi/Lol is at a level 10 of "ass-hattery". PULL, for the sake of argument, is around a level 4 or 5 maybe depending. That is STILL better than them but it is still NOT a tumblresque place. For the love of god we refer to the people we talk about as "snowflakes". Always have. That should be your first indicator that this isn't a place full of rainbows and butterflies.

I was around when the site rules were developed, lady. We all had input on the finalized version. But if you're thin-skinned and sensitive, what you consider "civil" may not actually be what reality considers civil and that's what so many people nowadays don't seem to understand. What you consider "fair" may not actually be fair in reality. And until you learn to differentiate what YOU feel and what how society functions, you're going to have a seriously hard time living in this world. Especially on the internet which tends to be colder than the outside world.

What most of you people (and I mean people like you in this forum which are in-fact in the minority) keep touting is unrealistic, perfect world rules. As I said, this place has always had an edge to it and Nyx has said she doesn't want to lose what PULL was, just clean it up a bit. But it's going to be cleaned up to HER standards. And she IS thick skinned so guess what? Her standards are going to be very different from yours. I don't mean to speak FOR her, but since you presume that it "seems like she's on board" with your opinion, then by your logic she seems to be on board with mine. But the reality is, SHE'S A DIPLOMAT. Just because she's nice to you or hasn't bitched you out doesn't mean she agrees with you

I've actually mellowed out a lot, believe it or not lol. I give tough love and not everyone likes it, but it's necessary. It may not wake you up right now, but when you get older and look back on this behavior you're going to laugh at yourself. It's textbook. This is how humans are. And I have yet to meet someone who the same thing hasn't happened to at one point or another.

If you want something tamer, then go to Reddit. Simple as that.

I'll [attempt] to refrain from responding further because I have a sneaky suspicion this is going to turn in to a loop of redundant commentary just based on how you're reading my posts and I don't want to contribute to derailment.

So, have fun.
Edited by Biscuit
clarification text