• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

211 posts in this topic

Posted

Jennie Kim

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennierubyjane/

7c4b4bcc37e6d5dda4ec646f5acaae9c.thumb.j

Jennie Kim, also known as Jennie, debuted in YG's new 4-member girlgroup BlackPink in 2016. She is currently 23 years old and is the main rapper of the group. Once studied in New Zealand, Auckland, she joined YG after being scouted as a trainee in 2010. She is also known to have been featured in MVs such as That XX. She is widely known to be "YG's Princess". However, since 2018 there have been many scandals surrounding her.

Scandals:

1. Lazy dancing

Probably the most controversial issue she has faced. In November 2018 a series of clips surfaced showing Jennie on stage looking uninterested/unenthusiastic and cutting corners with her dance moves compared to the other girls. As this coincided with her solo debut, netizens began putting side by side comparisons of her from 2016 and 2018.

2. Relationship with EXO's Kai

This incident occurred after her lazy dancing incident. The rumours began when Dispatch released photos of what appears to be Jennie and Kai on a date.

1jpg.thumb.jpg.c271dbe98aee9c201997be206

Shortly after, SM came out with a statement confirming their relationship:

Untitled.thumb.png.d002b3d48ea356166b587

While netizens had strong reactions to this news, the pair did not seem to suffer that much backlash. However just a month after this news broke out, they announced their break up and that was the end of it. 

3. Preferential treatment by YG

Although Jennie has no control over this, I feel like I should include this as it concerns her anyway. Fans started to notice that there were many instances were Jennie seemed to outshine her members on stage. During their concert tour, Jennie was often seen with different stage outfits for each concert while the other members wore the same clothes each time. 

iejpeg.thumb.jpg.75c7e07aed3badc23bf9fd2

In this clip taken from their concert, it is evident that Jennie's white outfit makes her stand out from her members, whom many have noted look more like Jennie's backup dancers than being members of BP.

More examples:

black-pink_jennie_1540484326_Screen_Shotblack-pink_jennie_1540484326_Screen_Shotblack-pink_jennie_1540484326_Screen_Shot

Other controversies:

- Allegedly being rude towards her members and seniors

- General unprofessionalism on stage such as forgetting lyrics, meltdown mid-performance, changing up the choreography

What do you think of her? I personally used to like BP as a whole when they debuted, but the moment these controversies began to surface I stopped liking Jennie for it. 

Posted

I liked Blackpink in the beginning but not much anymore and Jennie kinda played a part in that. Jennie just seemed extremely privileged and spoiled from the start. Even before she debuted YG released a video all about her. I never understood why she released a solo so soon when Blackpink barely has any songs. It’s pretty obvious that YG favored Jennie but now that there’s a new CEO for YG maybe things will be different.

Posted

Jennie Kim

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/jennierubyjane/

7c4b4bcc37e6d5dda4ec646f5acaae9c.thumb.j

Jennie Kim, also known as Jennie, debuted in YG's new 4-member girlgroup BlackPink in 2016. She is currently 23 years old and is the main rapper of the group. Once studied in New Zealand, Auckland, she joined YG after being scouted as a trainee in 2010. She is also known to have been featured in MVs such as That XX. She is widely known to be "YG's Princess". However, since 2018 there have been many scandals surrounding her.

Scandals:

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

More examples:

black-pink_jennie_1540484326_Screen_Shotblack-pink_jennie_1540484326_Screen_Shotblack-pink_jennie_1540484326_Screen_Shot

Other controversies:

- Allegedly being rude towards her members and seniors

- General unprofessionalism on stage such as forgetting lyrics, meltdown mid-performance, changing up the choreography

What do you think of her? I personally used to like BP as a whole when they debuted, but the moment these controversies began to surface I stopped liking Jennie for it. 

This is why I'm a Rosé akgae

i think because she is an idol people are expecting too much from her but forget that she is human. i hate to be kind of white knighting her but i don't see anything wrong with her as a person. i think kpop idols deserve to have freedoms to date and her dating someone shouldn't be a scandal. The first thing about lazy dancing sucks, however we don't know why she was acting this way and her publicity team didn't let her address it. they tried to for her which i forgot what they said, but didn't really help her case. not a huge fan of blackpink, but i don't really understand the hate and anger towards Jennie. 

When the most lazy girl in the group, the one that tries the least since she got famous, gets the best styling and most lines + screen time, of course there will be an scandal. 

Posted

I don't really like her, but I don't hate her either. More than anything, I'm bitter that she gets treated so much better than her members. 

Also, wasn't her lazy scandal revealed to be because of an injury? I don't think she's been feeling well recently either, there was apparently a medical crew off-stage in one of the concerts for her.

Posted (edited)

I don't really like her, but I don't hate her either. More than anything, I'm bitter that she gets treated so much better than her members. 

Also, wasn't her lazy scandal revealed to be because of an injury? I don't think she's been feeling well recently either, there was apparently a medical crew off-stage in one of the concerts for her.

If she was injured it would have affected her SOLO performances. It never did. She released SOLO during this lazy dancing period but never had a single problem performing on her own stages.

She did injure her ankle in an airport (Japan, I think?) but it didn't affect her dancing.

Medical crews at concerts are pretty much the norm.

Edit: https://youtu.be/EL0RsGm9SRI?t=378

Edited by itsadropbear
Added a YT link

Posted

Don't like her singing voice, that's all I gotta say 

Posted

I'll be honest, I like her.

Everyone has their ups and downs, sometimes she enjoys performing more and sometimes less and it shows - might be just how she is. When I'm in a bad mood I honestly cant fake having a good time and people notice, I cant control it (i wish i was better at faking a good mood) so I cant clap at her for not being the happiest all the time. I think because, for example, Lisa is a very cheerful person - Jennie looks much more gloomy in comparison. But I just see a normal person who isn't all happy happy all the time - just like most people. I agree she needs to put more effort into performing, even when you feel down it shouldnt affect your work. But I cant say 'how dare she' if she isnt smiling all the time or something.

She might also enjoy performing alone more, which is also something that i dont think she should be judged for. She could quit but I think both she and the managers know would hurt her career AND blackpink's. 

Overall, Jennie just needs to try harder on her performance with BP. Other than that, nothing else (imo) can be said against her.

Also, she's super pretty (like all of BP), might be why they dress her up differently. 

Posted

She injured herself months after she was already being lazy, like, a whole year after. She started slacking before AIIYL, she injured her ankle in a concert a loooot after Dx4 was released.

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekz1agONd-4

Have you guys seen this video? 

I have. Who honestly knows what goes on behind the scenes? KPop companies are notorious for giving zero shits about the health and well being of their idols, particularly when they're on their first contract and have no bargaining power. I have my own opinions about Jennie but I'd rather her being lazy or just a shitty person than having her be sick or suffering from any kind of mental health problem and getting no help. Which is to say that even if I dislike her attitude, I genuinely hope she is okay and if anything were actually wrong that she was able to get help.

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekz1agONd-4

Have you guys seen this video? 

Tbh it looks like an anxiety/panic attack, it was right after the whole YG scandal went down so its obvious why she was acting like that. 

Posted

Tbh I think Jennie prefers to post pics with her and her international famous friends and show how bff they are.