• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

5454 posts in this topic

Posted

yeah I was like "huh,what's that?Do I sense some 2016 stage presence?" not gonna lie,it was fun watching them,they seemed to have a good time in America in general. They had nice outfits and interacted with the crowd.

At first I was weary because they didn't do well at Colber and GMA, but boy did that huge crowd imapatt them in the best way. I was a whole Jennie/Rosé stan those nights. Sadly it wasn't made to last.

Posted

At first I was weary because they didn't do well at Colber and GMA, but boy did that huge crowd imapatt them in the best way. I was a whole Jennie/Rosé stan those nights. Sadly it wasn't made to last.

Rosé still does !

Posted

Lisa isn’t my bias she just looks good in this scene??? I didn’t watch ALL of their american tv videos in full (i did see a snippet of Rosé talking from I could see she was the on taking the lead and a clip of jennie being scared and then a little clip of the performing on stage/ then some info from PULL) and didn’t keep track of that I only saw the one GMA uploaded in full... I based myself off those comments and it’s not only those comments that were given... I never knew blinks were saying that about Lisa because I don’t follow any Lisa or bp stans??? The way i found the tweet (jennie) was through google where i typed in jennie tweets weight because it caused a little drama or something according to allkpop (very exhausting site btw) 
I only read articles about their coachella performance and never read what locals said, expect from here people were saying who or what happend??

and with “non bp and non kpop fan” I should maybe remove non kpop fan and leave it at non bp fan. 

LOL at how many question marks. It was a fair assumption to make about your icon, I also assumed you'd be very informed about Blackpink since you comment frequently, but I was wrong.

Rosé still does !

What? Is it about her stage presence?

Posted

These are comments Lisa got on their Good Morning America performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n225uBT1ARM

TgN2RzZ.png

And these are the ones she got 3 days later on a Swalla fancam:

2H3OjQD.png

Did she magically gain weight and curves in 3 days? Outfit changes can change people's perceptions to an unbelievable amount it seems. 

outfits do change peoples views but obviously the comments from gma are from people who arent familiar with kpop while the comments from her fancam (duh, who even watches fancams if theyre not stans) are from blinks who have convinced themselves all of bp are super healthy fit queens

Posted (edited)

Agree! It was nice to see them so comfortable and carefree ,Jennie and Rosé just seemed so different there, but in a good way. They don't seem to go as hard in Korea,no matter whether it's promotional or their tour concerts. I wish Jennie would perform the way she did at Coachella.She was fierce! Maybe it's because the crowd isn't as critical as in Korea?

It's 55 minutes long if any of you guys have the time lol but I think it's worth the watch.It's not the best Kpop performance ever but it's definitely an improvement from their regular performances.

I

Edited by lizardqueen

Posted (edited)

outfits do change peoples views but obviously the comments from gma are from people who arent familiar with kpop while the comments from her fancam (duh, who even watches fancams if theyre not stans) are from blinks who have convinced themselves all of bp are super healthy fit queens

LOL, you must be very new to kpop and never heard of EXID and GFRIEND to say that. Fancams can make a career overnight out of complete nugus, any kpop fan knows that. Also maybe read my next posts because somebody who actually has followed Blackpink closely would never say Blinks collectively see the girls as healthy.

Edited by Magenta
spelling

Posted

I love how you isolate one evidence that maybe wasn't the best of many that were made. Your point? Lisa wouldn't be the most followed, hyped and yes, very popular with males (some super thirsty on social media) if Americans thought of her as too skinny. Clearly opinions on her are split all around, but they also keep flip flopping depending on how she's presented. Whenever she's sexy dancing in skimpy clothes she's "hot", when she's not she's "dangerously skinny". There's a pattern there that's not difficult to spot.

Posted

@Magenta

OT but is your profile pic a commentary on whitewashing? Genuinly asking because I find it very fascinating!

Posted (edited)

I love how you isolate one evidence that maybe wasn't the best of many that were made. Your point? Lisa wouldn't be the most followed, hyped and yes, very popular with males (some super thirsty on social media) if Americans thought of her as too skinny. Clearly opinions on her are split all around, but they also keep flip flopping depending on how she's presented. Whenever she's sexy dancing in skimpy clothes she's "hot", when she's not she's "dangerously skinny". There's a pattern there that's not difficult to spot.

It's hard to watch Blackpink reactions on Youtube because Lisa does have a whole lot of male stans that cross the line, and as a black woman I'm sad to say they are mostly black too. It's not just Lisa, it's with all kpop females: as long as they are sexualized man rarely will notice or care how thin they are.

@Magenta

Hidden Content

No, it's just one of the stunning Momo shots from their last MV:

I didn't even think of that, but it's a nice implication. Also I can't seem to get spoilers to work, so sorry for the OT. 

Edited by Magenta

Posted (edited)

The person who did Lisa’s makeup at coachella deserved a raise tbh, not really a fan of the hair I wish she would let go of the bangs sometimes. 
If you close up it’s a bit messy but that’s a thing in bp’s makeup usually.

The outfit was amazing. Same with Rosé. Jisoo got the short end of the stick when it comes to outfits. They was really feeling themselves I just watched the “entire thing” which is a good thing btw. And I’m screaming at Rosé being so pumped like she was introducing AIIYL and she was so excited lol. 

Does anyone know if chart wise coachella and us promo officially made a dent, I just read under an article that it didn’t but there is no further proof given tbh. I ain’t gonna lie sometimes they make me wanna stan but they aren’t consistent enough and their music is not good.

2F3A9A1A-9B5C-489D-8731-121B06EF37CC.jpeg

932098F1-D509-4174-9DA1-F3DDD01AE984.jpeg

DA1774F9-5588-4625-959E-E0CFA7240AF5.jpeg

Edited by Yummmi

Posted

The person who did Lisa’s makeup at coachella deserved a raise tbh, not really a fan of the hair I wish she would let go of the bangs sometimes. 

The outfit was amazing. Same with Rosé. Jisoo got the short end of the stick when it comes to outfits. They was really feeling themselves I just watched the “entire thing” which is a good thing btw. And I’m screaming at Rosé being so pumped like she was introducing AIIYL and she was so excited lol. 

Does anyone know if chart wise coachella and us promo officially made a dent, I just read under an article that it didn’t but there is no further proof given tbh. I ain’t gonna lie sometimes they make me wanna stan but they aren’t consistent enough and their music is not good.

About Lisa’s make up: Isn’t that the most basic eyeliner and lip color? I didn’t watch the performance, just judging by those pictures. 

Posted (edited)

I actually think Jisoo’s outfits were nice as well. They weren’t that bad and it still fit the theme, though it looked like something the stylist would give to Rosé instead. It was the first time, in a long time, where the girls actually looked like a group, yet they still all had their moments to shine. Lisa’s outfits were amazing, but her makeup was nothing new, in my opinion. Except for the bold, dark lip. I feel like Lisa has always had more western makeup compared to the other girls because her lips are more full. But, it was a nice change from the usual.  All of the girls’ energies were so hyped. Especially Rosé, Jennie and Lisa. Jisoo’s personality didn’t really change, but that isn’t a bad thing because it was still a great addition to the performance. Everything was so great, but YG didn’t think anything of it. He always treats their amazing opportunities as just another random achievement under their name. Their hairstyles/hair colours were also a major improvement, but I didn’t really like the long hair extensions that they gave Jennie, especially. It just looked tacky, in my opinion and it wasn’t blended properly. I don’t know if they hired a new team specifically for that event, but whoever stepped up and actually did something good for them, needs to be hired officially/given a raise. They need to keep working with them for all their major love calls.  

F26FE43B-DBA5-4E47-AE5F-56BAF2DB80E1.thu77131A58-8307-4978-AAE3-8CC5CDE83317.thu

Edited by tokyoyoongi
grammar error

Posted (edited)

I get that there's a double standard in regards to idol's weight and like people have stated, your weight doesn't necessarily indicate good health. Yes, it's unfair that the same concern isn't universally shared between idols with different body types. I think we can all agree that the kpop industry pays too much attention to weight and it's sad. However, this is a blackpink thread, so it makes sense that we are not talking about other idols that aren't as skinny as them. 

Anyway not to just keep regurgitating what everyone is saying, but those Coachella outfits were love. Honestly, they're all so pretty!!

Edited by rurihari

Posted

yeah I was like "huh,what's that?Do I sense some 2016 stage presence?" not gonna lie,it was fun watching them,they seemed to have a good time in America in general. They had nice outfits and interacted with the crowd.

Deadass I know I'm going on and on about their outfits but tell me they don't look like mf Winx Club fairies in them sparkly shits I LOVE.

I follow these accounts that "track" their closets on instagram and their stylists give them instagram baddie outfits now lmao..........some people were commenting like "is YG broke? why they shit getting cheaper" but like.....it's not even about the prices they're just wearing ugly shit in comparison to their 2016-2017 outfits which were superior and actually had "Blackpink flavour".

Posted

Deadass I know I'm going on and on about their outfits but tell me they don't look like mf Winx Club fairies in them sparkly shits I LOVE.

I follow these accounts that "track" their closets on instagram and their stylists give them instagram baddie outfits now lmao..........some people were commenting like "is YG broke? why they shit getting cheaper" but like.....it's not even about the prices they're just wearing ugly shit in comparison to their 2016-2017 outfits which were superior and actually had "Blackpink flavour".

I could be wrong but one reason may be because after debut they started getting more and more sponsorships/contracts from designer brands so they're wearing more and more sponsorship pieces which can really be just be tacky if not done well. I agree that their earlier looks were way better. It gave them more of a signature vibe. Especially when other girl crush groups are gaining speed in competition. 

Also this may sound random, but I'm still disappointed at the ktl video/song. When I first saw the teaser photo I thought ktl was gonna be an action movie, theatric Lara croft vibe the whole way through, like they would be fighting off other tomb raiders as a team or something else cool and different like that,  walking in slow motion from explosions and whatnot, especially when I heard about the budget...but then Lisa was surrounded by cereal so I had to give up that hope. That's just my opinion though. 

With Rose and her weight, I think part of the loss may be because she had a rounder face before. Lisa even used to call her chipmunk as a term of endearment. That might have added to possible insecurity regarding weight plus YG being harsh with female idols (after all, he did call 2NE1 ugly to their faces without hesitation). But even with saying that, if she does face the struggles of having an ED I hope she recovers. There's never just an A to B reason for it like most people think. There are layers. Female idols especially are looked into as body goals and some even try to mimic their diets, so I really hope she and fans are able to go on a healthy path.