• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

2775 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting back on topic: does anyone else cringe when people talk about how much Rose loves food? She looks so frail and I'm worried about her.

i see it all the time on my explore page, people act like since she's eaten publically before that she's naturally thin etc but it's a very common tactic of people with disordered eating to only eat in public. not accusing her of an ed just saying, her body looks very worrisome, especially compared with predebut pictures..

Posted

Bp never improves themselves I’ve noticed like they are on the billionth break and yet they still don’t use it to improve singing or dancing, just to go to fashion shows and take instagram pictures. Like only jisoo improved her singing and that’s about it....

especially these last comebacks. Fans keep saying they are getting better when its the opposite or they try to hide it by making it easier for them. 

Posted

not trying to armchair diagnose her but if you're naturally skinny your bones don't poke out like how hers does. her bmi is probably naturally low but she seems to be dieting hard since you could see it in her joints and face (boombayah v d4), but i think she got cheek filler after ktl since her face looks fuller yet her body is still smaller.  

Posted

I feel so bad when people use pics of Rose with bones sticking and everything and call it body goals. We don't even know how she is eating, how she's taking care of her health or even how she feels about her body.

Yes a lot of people are naturally skinny but to this extent... Honestly I think you can have a body like Rose without necessarily having an ED but it definitely indicates you have some pretty unhealthy habits. Could be anything, like bad eating habits/nutrition, anxiety, excessive smoking, sleep deprivation etc.

I hope she's ok ... 

Posted (edited)

i see it all the time on my explore page, people act like since she's eaten publically before that she's naturally thin etc but it's a very common tactic of people with disordered eating to only eat in public. not accusing her of an ed just saying, her body looks very worrisome, especially compared with predebut pictures..

she was skinny but not this skinny my guess is 15lbs her thighs are like super small. She still has a nice figure because of her curves but she definitely is too skinny. I mean Lisa’s bmi is 16 and Rosé has recently gotten just as skinny so she definitely is underweight you don’t need to be a genius to see that. But blinks insists that she loves to eat, for all we know that meal she ate on live was the only meal in two days or something

not trying to armchair diagnose her but if you're naturally skinny your bones don't poke out like how hers does. her bmi is probably naturally low but she seems to be dieting hard since you could see it in her joints and face (boombayah v d4), but i think she got cheek filler after ktl since her face looks fuller yet her body is still smaller.  

don’t want to diagnose either but what you’re describing is something people who constantly throw up have... But in Rosé’s case she just has chubby face, hence why they call het chipmunk. Her face probably bloats from time to time, same with Jennie btw. Natural chubby cheeks = bloat makes it look way worse.

Edited by Yummmi

Posted (edited)

Getting back on topic: does anyone else cringe when people talk about how much Rose loves food? She looks so frail and I'm worried about her.

the girl literally fake eats on camera. i’ll try and find the video, but she had food on a fork and ate it, and immediately after took 2 more bites, but you can clearly see there’s nothing on the fork during the last two bites

Edited by superrookie
grammar

Posted

I believe Teddy is having a slump. YG saw since day 1 BP as the "upgraded" version of 2ne1 and not a brand new rookie group. This might have resulted in Teddy not being able to explore new sounds with BP, to try to create songs that would suit the girls' voices, everything is just an attempt at recreating his past success. "Gashina" was something new but with his trademark sound at the same time, why? because he wrote the song to fit Sunmi in every shape or form, while for BP he had to to create a 2ne1 song that would be sung by BP. In the end Teddy ended up losing touch/connection with BP early in their debut and now everything is a recreation of his past hits. This is just my theory but I really hope Teddy will manage to find a sound that he sees BP pulling it off because the girls have huge potential. I personally believe a connection between the idols and the songwriters is very important since it can create such beautiful and powerful songs, take an example with TWICE's latest song, it showcases their feelings while not losing their touch to their trademark sound.
And not only that, but I believe having a song that can have the girls relate to it will be able to help them enjoy their time on stage more, something to be proud of, something that screams "blackpink".

Posted

I feel so bad when people use pics of Rose with bones sticking and everything and call it body goals. We don't even know how she is eating, how she's taking care of her health or even how she feels about her body.

Yes a lot of people are naturally skinny but to this extent... Honestly I think you can have a body like Rose without necessarily having an ED but it definitely indicates you have some pretty unhealthy habits. Could be anything, like bad eating habits/nutrition, anxiety, excessive smoking, sleep deprivation etc.

I hope she's ok ... 

Hyuna was similar with saying she loved to eat at her concerts and then after leaving cube you saw that she was happy to go back to a normal weight after leaving cube. 

Posted (edited)

I believe Teddy is having a slump. YG saw since day 1 BP as the "upgraded" version of 2ne1 and not a brand new rookie group. This might have resulted in Teddy not being able to explore new sounds with BP, to try to create songs that would suit the girls' voices, everything is just an attempt at recreating his past success. "Gashina" was something new but with his trademark sound at the same time, why? because he wrote the song to fit Sunmi in every shape or form, while for BP he had to to create a 2ne1 song that would be sung by BP. In the end Teddy ended up losing touch/connection with BP early in their debut and now everything is a recreation of his past hits. This is just my theory but I really hope Teddy will manage to find a sound that he sees BP pulling it off because the girls have huge potential. I personally believe a connection between the idols and the songwriters is very important since it can create such beautiful and powerful songs, take an example with TWICE's latest song, it showcases their feelings while not losing their touch to their trademark sound.
And not only that, but I believe having a song that can have the girls relate to it will be able to help them enjoy their time on stage more, something to be proud of, something that screams "blackpink".

The thing is Gashina was plagiarism, just like Heroine. I don't think the issue is Blackpink, he just can't create anymore for anyone. Back in 2015 he gave iKON a song and that was a huge flop too. Coincidentally, it sounded like a Big Bang reject. I believe his source has dried up but YG won't let him go because of his name. 

Somi's Birthday was also...not great, so it's a given that anyone that works with him will eventually fail. He got lucky with Sunmi and Gashina because it sounded fresh and honestly, the MV and gun choreography really made the song. I hope that if Treasure13 ever debuts he  stays away from them.

Edited by Magenta

Posted

I just think Teddy isn’t that great...

Posted

I just think Teddy isn’t that great...

Teddy is good to get a song stuck in your head and that is the money maker right there. Yeah I do agree with you on he isn't great but he smart to get fans to catch on the music. 

Posted

Teddy has been wrung out to the last drop but yg just can’t let him go. They should’ve realized when to drop the "we‘re yg family" act and get some new people with fresh ideas on board. He has been put into a position where it’s impossible for him to leave without it being immediately seen as a sign for the public that yg is going down. It’s always the same people in power, even with yg himself officially no longer being the ceo things don’t change. 

Posted

About the Rosé's food situation that fans like to hype up, I think it's because the girls don't show a lot of personality on camera. But blinks like to exaggerate and say that BP is the funniest group in the world :/ Even jennie's supposedly "funny" act on Running Man made me cringe with the forced aegyo tbh

Posted

I've noticed that a lot and I cringe every time Blinks' use that to defend her obvious weight loss. They're always praising the girls for their "abs" and muscles when it's obvious that they're ribs and bones from their weight loss over time. Rosé's obsession with food isn't even that extraordinary, it's just her eating whatever she wants, but it's such a big thing with a lot of idols, there's always that one member who's obsessed with food, and I feel like it's just another tactic to seem real and perfect in the eyes of the audience. It's like the idol version of those Instagram models that parade food all over their Instagrams yet they still have "body goals," making them seem unattainable. It's just another way for young girls to envy Blackpink. Now, this could just be me, but I've also realised that the girls always wearing thick, big shoes makes them look even skinnier. I don't know if that is another trick that stylists use but it makes a lot of sense because Rosé and Lisa always look the skinniest when they are wearing boots or chunky sneakers. But, though I don't want to diagnose, it seems really toxic when it's Rosé. She's far from her naturally skinny body, all of the girls are, and if it was a serious problem, which I hope it isn't, Blinks are just enabling her, and her toxic company, by praising her eating habits. Same with Lisa. We've already discussed that Jennie's weight changes a lot, sometimes she's really skinny, sometimes she's a healthy weight but Jisoo's diet seems to be the most balanced out of the 4. She never really shows off her workout routine and her body seems to be consistent throughout their comebacks.

I'll put the comparisons/photos in a spoiler just in case!:

47583678_368612010624881_916662965503912

c46d46e1681ee42c3e31e8d8e2a7e8fb-1.thumb

BeFunky-collage_(2)_copy_2.thumb.jpg.bcc

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.aee00e1e54

Posted

I've noticed that a lot and I cringe every time Blinks' use that to defend her obvious weight loss. They're always praising the girls for their "abs" and muscles when it's obvious that they're ribs and bones from their weight loss over time. Rosé's obsession with food isn't even that extraordinary, it's just her eating whatever she wants, but it's such a big thing with a lot of idols, there's always that one member who's obsessed with food, and I feel like it's just another tactic to seem real and perfect in the eyes of the audience. It's like the idol version of those Instagram models that parade food all over their Instagrams yet they still have "body goals," making them seem unattainable. It's just another way for young girls to envy Blackpink. Now, this could just be me, but I've also realised that the girls always wearing thick, big shoes makes them look even skinnier. I don't know if that is another trick that stylists use but it makes a lot of sense because Rosé and Lisa always look the skinniest when they are wearing boots or chunky sneakers. But, though I don't want to diagnose, it seems really toxic when it's Rosé. She's far from her naturally skinny body, all of the girls are, and if it was a serious problem, which I hope it isn't, Blinks are just enabling her, and her toxic company, by praising her eating habits. Same with Lisa. We've already discussed that Jennie's weight changes a lot, sometimes she's really skinny, sometimes she's a healthy weight but Jisoo's diet seems to be the most balanced out of the 4. She never really shows off her workout routine and her body seems to be consistent throughout their comebacks.

I'll put the comparisons/photos in a spoiler just in case!:

Hidden Content

how can blinks look at these pictures and still claim Rosé hasn’t lost weight, yes it isn’t 40lbs but it still significant. Especially her thighs have become thinner I hope she’s fine. I can understand with the ridiculous standards in kpop that it would be hard. We will never know I guess, just hope she’s fine!