• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

5454 posts in this topic

Posted

Bom was always a terrible vocalist, any vocal noob could hear that. Which is why there are many compilations of her awful technique on Youtube. Her voice is unparalleled to this day (Rosé is a sorry ass imitation), but she has mostly sounded bad live. A great example is her mega hit You & I: try finding a good live of that. She had one with Taeyang that haunts me to this day.

Funny how many compliments Bom gets on Queendom for her voice. Like her vocals aren’t even stable at all. 

But tbh I like Rosé’s voice a lot. I’m a total noob so idk anything about vocal techniques and damaging ones.  Like will she one day have no voice? I’d like to know more about it if it’s not too OT

Oh and thank god people agree with saying Jennie’s “singing” is just yelling and uncomfortable to hear. Kind of interesting but not very pleasant to hear.

Posted

when Lisa went front row and she had a crowd of photographers but when well established famous actors came to sit down no one was taking photos so aggressively.

*puts tinfoil hat on* could this be mediaplay? Because I notice how they make it seem like they are THE guest of honor at these well established luxury brands it’s so weird of which they are not the faces or muses of. Because you see them nowhere in the rest of the world (ads, magazine covers) after the fashion shows. these brands don’t want them in any campaign outside Korea lol. And they never talk about them (bp) too...

Posted

when Lisa went front row and she had a crowd of photographers but when well established famous actors came to sit down no one was taking photos so aggressively.

*puts tinfoil hat on* could this be mediaplay? Because I notice how they make it seem like they are THE guest of honor at these well established luxury brands it’s so weird of which they are not the faces or muses of. Because you see them nowhere in the rest of the world (ads, magazine covers) after the fashion shows. these brands don’t want them in any campaign outside Korea lol. And they never talk about them (bp) too...

It's definitely media play, notice how literally every media outlet is screaming their names "LISA!!!" "ROSÉ!!!" and no one else's. It doesn't make any sense, no one knows who they are in those events except for a select few.

I can't with their demeanor, Jennie and Rosé are clearly not in a good mood, but as usual the later is trying. Lisa and Jisoo (specially Lisa) awkward as fuck:

Lisa getting ridiculously expensive gifts:

I do not comprehend how she's taking it when groups like BTS don't keep even their headbands because people keep on trying to gift them with things like gold bars and gold made roses. Like do they need this shit? It's weird as hell, but at least Lisa does seem genuinely thankful. Small graces.

Posted

It's definitely media play, notice how literally every media outlet is screaming their names "LISA!!!" "ROSÉ!!!" and no one else's. It doesn't make any sense, no one knows who they are in those events except for a select few.

I can't with their demeanor, Jennie and Rosé are clearly not in a good mood, but as usual the later is trying. Lisa and Jisoo (specially Lisa) awkward as fuck:

Why did they dress Rose up like that lol :\ 

Posted (edited)

The thing with blackpinks music is not only that it lacks love and passion but also...it sounds outdated. Ngl when they debuted with boombayah and whistle in 2016 they really hit the current taste, pwf was already starting to be a bit behind in music trends but it was still acceptable and good, but then: aiiyl. I know it’s a fan favorite but I remember listening to it for the first time and thinking '2ne1 could’ve released that in 2015'. When looking at all of their title tracks I have to admit it’s probably one of the better ones but...sound wise it already sounded outdated on its release day. 

After that shit just really went downhill. By the time we got 'solo' everyone has already had their moment with sunmis 'gashina' (lets face it, solo is a copy of gashina) and when I first heard 'forever young' my first thought was 'this sounds like 2014 and I don’t mean that in the good way'. Like, there is a good way to pay homage to 2014s EDM awakening, for example I think hyoyeon did well with 'punk right now', but only because you can tell that while it definitely took inspiration from earlier music it was written and produced in 2018. With bps songs that’s not the case, they genuinely sound like they where written years in the past and I wouldn’t even put that beyond yg. 

Uhh yeah, my opinion on 'don’t know what to do' is the same as mine on 'forever young', d5 was sounding a bit outdated too but tbh it’s mainly just lackluster, and ktl is a d5 recycle sooo...outdated. 

I remember when it was announced that "Forever young" was actually from 2015 ,so no surprise that their songs sound outdated.With the way YG is threating BP's discography it wouldn't surprise me if they get Teddy's rejected songs for their rushed comebacks.

Edited by lizardqueen

Posted (edited)

Lisa getting ridiculously expensive gifts:

I do not comprehend how she's taking it when groups like BTS don't keep even their headbands because people keep on trying to gift them with things like gold bars and gold made roses. Like do they need this shit? It's weird as hell, but at least Lisa does seem genuinely thankful. Small graces.

Jennie's never in a good mood, 99.9% of the times they're in public, but this time it could have a lot to do with the Adidas drama. I don't know why Rosé was looking so done but it could have to do with that too. It just looks like they haven't changed demeanours ever since they were gossiping backstage. Though, I just can't handle the fact that they're always so awkward in public. Is it an act to play up their duality image or are they scared of messing up easily? I just don't get it because they do public appearances soo much, more than they perform, so they should be used to it by now. I really like Lisa's outfit here, it's the best one out of the 4, in my opinion. But, Jensoo's outfits were just plain bad. I didn't expect anything less from Jisoo since they are always trying to dress her in business clothes, but I was really surprised by Jennie's. For obvious reasons. I think this just goes to show even more that she can't pull off the vintage old-fashion look that they keep forcing her into. Her hair is also curled so terribly but I'm not even going to bat an eye because their hairstylist obviously can't be bothered. cough cough Rosé and her one strand curl cough cough. I liked Rosé's outfit at first, but the more I look at it, the duller it becomes. I swear she's worn the same outfit before, or at least the blue shirt because it's so familiar. I love her hair though, especially when it's straight but her extensions look so bad at the ends, it's either curls or poor extensions I'm not too sure, but the layers just look bad. 

EG5ZolVUcAAE0A3.thumb.jpg.357f59c085cc18

I see it all the time on my timeline, especially for Lisa. Every fanmeet. I don't know if it happens to the other girls, but Lisa definitely gets the most gifts each time. Someone even gifted her the new iPhone during that day as well.  It happens to all idols but I just think that fansite culture is toxic. I'm sure idols can easily buy those items themselves, especially the Louis Vuitton pieces since she's an ambassador, so I don't know why people have to gift it to her. I think it just makes fan relationships turn bad because they end up thinking that the idol owes them something because of it. I'm pretty sure that's why BTS hardly accept gifts anymore. I think YG needs to start caring about Blackpink's safety more. I mean, their guidelines are already pretty harsh and they have little to no stalker fans but at the same time, I feel like their managers still don't care about what they do. Rosé even ate food from a fan straight away after being gifted it and every Blink was worrying about it because it's a common, obvious thing that Idols shouldn't do. Especially, since so many people hate the girls. 

Edited by tokyoyoongi
spelling mistake

Posted

I've never posted anything on here before but after what happened to Sulli...I can't imagine if Jennie read this thread...how awful she would feel.

You guys have only focused on the negative. Even things unconfirmed you guys pin on Jennie (bullying lisa, somehow invalidating her anxiety). Honestly this is past constructive criticism, it's just outright bullying. Down vote this all you like, I'm not going to be a part of this cyber bullying trend. Sulli's suicide is proof that words are weapons. Jennie is not perfect, but you guys are definitely not on any moral high ground. What an awful lot you are. The hurtful things you guys have said...the name calling...ripping her up for EVERYTHING she does.... congratulations you exposed your true selves while trying to expose Jennie.

Posted

Halsey's voice is objectively pop gold. It's not for everyone, but the amount of people who have no idea of who she is or hate her but bitterly admit to loving it...She did use to be extra with her pronunciation, but as terrible as she has always been live her voice in a studio can make a song, i.e. Closer.

Bom was always a terrible vocalist, any vocal noob could hear that. Which is why there are many compilations of her awful technique on Youtube. Her voice is unparalleled to this day (Rosé is a sorry ass imitation), but she has mostly sounded bad live. A great example is her mega hit You & I: try finding a good live of that. She had one with Taeyang that haunts me to this day.

Every idol from a major agency, specially the Big 3 has big Chinease fanclubs, doesn't necessarily mean anything. Whether her fandom over there has power remains to be seen. 

This showed up on my recommended today, just how uncomfortable is Blackpink in any public event?:

What is it with them and not being able to walk on heels?

Also: does anyone know how to stop this quotes inside quotes glitch? Everytime I multiquote someone I can't get rid of them, it's insane. 

They probably cant walk on heels cause the stylist always puts them (minus Jennie) on flat shoes...

Posted

I've never posted anything on here before but after what happened to Sulli...I can't imagine if Jennie read this thread...how awful she would feel.

You guys have only focused on the negative. Even things unconfirmed you guys pin on Jennie (bullying lisa, somehow invalidating her anxiety). Honestly this is past constructive criticism, it's just outright bullying. Down vote this all you like, I'm not going to be a part of this cyber bullying trend. Sulli's suicide is proof that words are weapons. Jennie is not perfect, but you guys are definitely not on any moral high ground. What an awful lot you are. The hurtful things you guys have said...the name calling...ripping her up for EVERYTHING she does.... congratulations you exposed your true selves while trying to expose Jennie.

I suggest you read the whole thread next time you accuse people of only focusing on her negative traits & straight up bullying. People are literally defending her even on the first page ,cmon. Users here have also defended her anxiety, again, scroll though the pages, even though she has never stated that she struggled with it, it was fans/the public who SPECULATED that it could've been a reason for her behaviour at that time,same with her motion-sickness.

As @MyPurePlanet mentioned,users here have defended Jennie and opposed other's opinions about her and recognized her charisma and effort early into BP's career and most people here wish that she would get back to the stage presence she had in 2016/early 2017. The general consensus is that YG is a money-hungry snake who doesn't manage BP properly and doesn't care about their group dynamics,talents and longevity. Jennie however is very inconsistent with her behaviour and brings some valid criticism onto herself because of certain actions that she refuses to change/improve even though she has the choice to. 

Posted (edited)

I don't really know if it's ok to post this kind of thing but in wake of Sulli's recent suicide I hope that maybe we could lay off the criticism about Jennie a little bit.

YG doesn't give Blackpink any opportunities for better discography so I get the feeling that she may stumble upon the hate comments here when she had nothing to do at home. I don't know, maybe I'm being too paranoid.

A few years ago people were hounding Sulli for her lack of stage presence, arrogance, lazy dancing after she didn't bow with the rest of f(x) and now look what happened to her

I agree that we can criticize the idol sometimes, but let's not forget that they are merely puppets for the rich, spoiled, golden spoon old men in the entertainment industry pocketing the money and pulling the strings, where we unfortunately cannot see them often.

It's easier to hate on someone when they have a face to hate on

GTFOH, nobody here is hating on the girls, anyone who tries is massively downvoted out.

This is what this forum is for.

Criticism =/= hate and if your childish and limited mind can't tell the difference, then you're indeed better not coming back.

Edited by Magenta

Posted

GTFOH, nobody here is hating on the girls, anyone who tries is massively downvoted out.

This is what this forum is for.

Criticism =/= hate and if your childish and limited mind can't tell the difference, then you're indeed better not coming back.

I'm sorry if I offended you, but I did not state that anyone here is hating on Jennie, just that the criticism can be too harsh sometimes. For example towards her outfit at the chanel event: The first few comments were okay but later devolved into something quite harsh, as if what she could wear on that event is something she can control.

Please also read my reply towards Tealista.

I'm sorry if I didn't phrase it correctly but my point is that many people here like to masquerade their mean comments as """harsh criticism""" 

Just because there were no swear words or body-shaming doesn't mean it's valid criticism

Posted (edited)

To be fair to Jennie, the amount of hate Jennie received during the time in which she had put a lot of hard work and professionalism on stage might be one of the core reasons why her energy deteriorated over time. Before her outfit controversies had aroused during the past year, her truest efforts of performing diligently on stage had been misconstrued as an effort to overthrow the rest of BlackPink in terms of stage presence and individual recognition, unjustly bashing Jennie for an assumption often treated as a solidified claim by her instigators despite the lack of evidence surrounding it.

Jennie was a YG trainee for at least five years, her magnetism and high energy would come more naturally on stage as she had trained her craft optimally during such a crucial period of her days a YG trainee and is slowly paying off these years by applying her well-established skills on stage (back in the day).

Another portion of the malicious comments she had been receiving consisted of angry 2NE1 fans accusing her of 'copying' or 'replacing' CL, mocking her for being an amateur who can never live up to CL's skills. They maliciously attacked Jennie who was developing herself as a performer and chastised her for exhibiting a bodily or facial expression remotely resembling CL's stage presence in the past, believing it was Jennie's 'failed attempts' at 'replacing' CL when the above was further away from the truth. Jennie never mentioned any desire to be a mimicry of CL, all she did was perform within her level best as one of YG Entertainment's newest rookies who had trained under the format of YG's rules and regulations in order to debut. Her resemblance of CL was inevitable as YG often used 2NE1's member and skill compositions as references for BlackPink. If anything, YG should be blamed for forcing Jennie and BlackPink into the framework of 2NE1, the girls themselves did not choose this upon themselves by their own free-will.

Jennie can be a strong performer, during the beginning of KTL, she was excelling on stage and almost reached the heights she had attained during her previous eras but slowly lowered her energy as the weeks went on. She can turn her energy on if she finds the incentive to regain it in the future if Jennie is willing to express that side of her's once more. 

Some instances of Jennie's excellent stage presence and commitment to her craft:

Examples where the girls performed well on stage:

Edited by jinyeonnie
More Opinions