• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

5599 posts in this topic

Posted

In the past, I used to wonder why Rosè's sweater wasn't used for Playing With Fire's live stages. Now, I realised a similar piece of clothing was actually given to Jennie for Inkigayo. Ironically, both of them interchanged a piece of skirt used for both the music video and award show at the end of 2016 while the favouritism wasn't too severe in the past.

h7flw3I.thumb.jpg.148ae7d2ed63238009f85b

img0404_20161117111451_4.thumb.jpg.a0c88

580fb7ee08be0595f4a20705edf699e9.png

a1740687f0a99084270424f1faf334a8.jpg

i personally think the sweater looks best with rose--especially with that straight hairstyle of hers. i really love the whole look in that photo...esp the "eye hidden behind hair" pose lol. idk it just really goes well with the elegant but mellow (? okay, i dont know how to describe their theme here lol lack of words here sorry) concept

Posted (edited)

This is totally out of left field but she reminds me of those people who talk trash all day long but cry as soon as they're confronted. 

THIS.

I can’t say a lot about taeyeon as I don’t know anything about her personality, but I actually recently tried to figure out why I like irene and dislike jennie, even tho it seems like more people can’t get along with Irene. I think i finally figured it out:

Irene is a nearly 30 year old woman and to me seems done with the bs in the most natural way. She’s clearly an introvert and needs time to get comfortable around people, yet always acts professional. Remember her 'scandal' were she was spottet reading a book about feminism and people (especially fanboys) went BALLISTIC, burning posters and albums, etc? I would be done too. She’s a great dancer (which a lot of people seem to forget about her), very professional, and very sweet and playful when she’s around people she feels comfortable with. Another thing I realized I kinda like about her is that even though she’s one of the most popular idols, she only joined IG mid-september, even though rv have been allowed to for a long time. She could‘ve really used her popularity to her advantage, yet even now most of her posts look like something a "normal" person would post. To me she just comes across as someone who likes to keep to herself. Jennie to me seems like the polar opposite of this.

So when someone says they don’t like irene I get it (she really isn’t the most universally lileable idol out there), but she appears to be more grounded than jennie. 

Irene is a bae, so whoever thinks of her as bitchy has never really followed Red Velvet at all. 

Paris is probably the only french city she knows. Like how many pictures in front of the Eiffel Tower does one need? Especially since Paris has so many beautiful places to take pics in front of.

She doesn't know if there are coconuts in Hawaii. I usually don't use that word but honestly, she's pretty dumb. Or at the very least, incredibly ignorant about basic things.

Blackpink is fucked right now, the Korean press is pissed at them and all the article about the Beckham mess are getting a lot of traffic. People are specially pissed at their previous tardiness scandal with Jang Do Yeon. Honestly this lady is a saint, I'd cuss them out later if I were her. They have no respect for their seniors, imagine being a respected artist and having to go through this because rookies were late:

I'm streaming the KBS Kpop World Festival right now and a cover group did such a superior job at performing Kill This Love is utterly mortifying. Just for comparison, the adult group covering TXT is much inferior to them which is what you'd expect, since they're not pros, even though they're much older. The thing is: TXT debuted 5 months ago, and they trained for at most 3 years. Blackpink are pros for 3 years and trained for 6. Let that sink in.

Edited by Magenta

Posted

i personally think the sweater looks best with rose--especially with that straight hairstyle of hers. i really love the whole look in that photo...esp the "eye hidden behind hair" pose lol. idk it just really goes well with the elegant but mellow (? okay, i dont know how to describe their theme here lol lack of words here sorry) concept

The sweater Jennie wore is slightly different than Rosè's yet the colour schemes are so similar to be passed off as totally different. Rosè could have pulled it off quite well, all she needs is Jennie's black belt and it will suffice for Playing With Fire. 

Posted (edited)

If Blinks are right and Blackpink are actually going to be making a November comeback, then YG is just seriously trying to sabotage them at this point. They are in really a bad situation with nowhere to go since they're not that popular in America or Japan. The girls used to be the only YG artist that Korea didn't hate but now they are probably the most hated active group under that company. I'm going to be really surprised if Blinks/people don't boycott their Japan tour as well. I think this snowball effect of scandals just shows that Blackpink couldn't hide behind their girl crush, expensive concept forever and always be given the benefit of the doubt. They're no longer a rookie group, there are no more excuses for them and their actions in the public's eyes. Now, I'm really convinced that this new YG girl group is coming. This is like Blackpink's version of 2NE1's road to disbandment...

In the past, I used to wonder why Rosè's sweater wasn't used for Playing With Fire's live stages. Now, I realised a similar piece of clothing was actually given to Jennie for Inkigayo. Ironically, both of them interchanged a piece of skirt used for both the music video and award show at the end of 2016 while the favouritism wasn't too severe in the past.

h7flw3I.thumb.jpg.148ae7d2ed63238009f85b

img0404_20161117111451_4.thumb.jpg.a0c88

580fb7ee08be0595f4a20705edf699e9.png

a1740687f0a99084270424f1faf334a8.jpg

I've noticed that too but Rosé looks 10x better in both outfits, in my opinion. Especially the sweater. Though it's not the same, her styling just makes it look more cool and effortless with the boots and hair. But, wow Rosé's hair used to be so nice! It still is nice, it was just more full and healthy back then. Even, with red hair, it looked more strong. She needs to dye her hair back to darker colours asap. 

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.161768b164 

Edited by tokyoyoongi

Posted

If Blinks are right and Blackpink are actually going to be making a November comeback, then YG is just seriously trying to sabotage them at this point. They are in really a bad situation with nowhere to go since they're not that popular in America or Japan. The girls used to be the only YG artist that Korea didn't hate but now they are probably the most hated active group under that company. I'm going to be really surprised if Blinks/people don't boycott their Japan tour as well. I think this snowball effect of scandals just shows that Blackpink couldn't hide behind their girl crush, expensive concept forever and always be given the benefit of the doubt. They're no longer a rookie group, there are no more excuses for them and their actions in the public's eyes. Now, I'm really convinced that this new YG girl group is coming. This is like Blackpink's version of 2NE1's road to disbandment...

I've noticed that too but Rosé looks 10x better in both outfits, in my opinion. Especially the sweater. Though it's not the same, her styling just makes it look more cool and effortless with the boots and hair. But, wow Rosé's hair used to be so nice! It still is nice, it was just more full and healthy back then. Even, with red hair, it looked more strong. She needs to dye her hair back to darker colours asap. 

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.161768b164 

Both outfits work way better with her body shape, no matter how thin she actually has curves. Her hair also looked the best during early Playing With Fire era, that luxurious hair covering one eye looks so good. Curls are a no no, they look tacky on her.

Posted

I can’t quote right now but I think i actually changed my mind, they really should drag the comeback out till next year. Not only because of the beckham scandal, but also because there is so much going on at yg + the debt, I have a hard time believing the comeback will be anything but recycled garbage. A lot of great groups are already preparing for their end-of-the-year comeback, i‘ve heard itzy is supposed to have one, also we will soon get red velvets "the reve festival part 3" and the title track is probably going to be on their velvet rnb side à la bad boy. 

The groups currently participating in queendom are all supposed to have their comeback on the 31. (I think that’s the right day), so we will get (g)I-dle, mamamoo, and in my opinion even aoa as very strong contenders. I also believe 3ye will try to ride the little bit of hype they’re receiving right now and quickly work on the next comeback. I don’t think we will get more everglow in the near future, but we've seen enough to say that they will definitely come in for the kill. 

I‘m not sure how exid and clc will do, even though I love them dearly I don’t think they have the market on their side :/ 

But what i‘m trying to get at is: the girlcrush kpop scene is becoming really competitive, really fast. We know yg has a track record of making sure their groups comebacks won’t be around a time where other big groups promote, but that is going to be a bit difficult. It would really ruin their image if blackpink lost on music shows to another group, it would even be embarrassing if they only barely won. 

Posted

Both outfits work way better with her body shape, no matter how thin she actually has curves. Her hair also looked the best during early Playing With Fire era, that luxurious hair covering one eye looks so good. Curls are a no no, they look tacky on her.

Yeah, the curls were tacky but I just used it to show how thick her hair was. I don't think it would look the same if they did it now. That hairstyle was so beautiful but there are hardly any photos of it. :alpacaworry2: But I loved it when her hair was in wider waves than the beach waves now. It looked more natural. So, basically Playing With Fire era. I think Playing With Fire was all of their best hair days. Even Lisa's hair was nicer. 

large.thumb.jpg.260113fc8e0cf4f5d07439e9

CwG5r8jUAAEgcDd.thumb.jpg.0750a15725d9e3

62fd4af1020a2003a2a0b7db0c4c39bb.thumb.j

blackpink_jennie_5.thumb.jpg.374fdd760bf

Posted

in my opinion, here’s a few hairstyles that i think really suit the members: 

[ apologies i’m on mobile so i can’t put on a spoiler ] 

jennie: her hair up. it doesn’t make her cheeks look usually puffy 

3865e60467b49634f60962f4e6190ebf.jpg 

BLACKPINK-Jennie-11.jpg

rosé: her hair DARK & straight. she becomes vibrant, her hair looks healthier  

superthumb.jpg?t=1508065636

large.jpg

lisa: dark brown, long hair. the yellow-tone blonde with short hair doesn’t suit her face. the brown brings out her smile. 

23d95214e99d71187c7145a245752021.jpg

tumblr_p6twz5hKYA1wvu0d2o8_250.jpg

jisoo: a dark red/brown, wavy hair. wavy locks makes her look fierce while the red makes her look brighter. 

4-BLACKPINK-Jisoo-Instagram-Update-15-Ap

image%2F1552581037236-D1FACO6U8AEME3L.jp

Posted

As much as Rose's styling has been neglected compared to the other girls, I do have to say I do like her crop top and skirt combo as it does fit her, and maybe my tastes are plain, but they look nice on her. When I see the girls wear these other outfits to look "expensive" I think it overcompensates for their lack of talent.They all have their talents but back when it was Boombayah and Playing With Fire we saw it, but since DDDD and Kills This Love, BP has focused more on fashion and how they look rather than their talent. I can understand when people say they are just models in a girl group.

And with people talking about hair I think Rose should go back to her dark red hair, she looked really good with it and Jisoo should get bangs again. She only had them for a short time but she looked so gorgeous with them. They made her look so mature and stylish,

Posted

As much as Rose's styling has been neglected compared to the other girls, I do have to say I do like her crop top and skirt combo as it does fit her, and maybe my tastes are plain, but they look nice on her. When I see the girls wear these other outfits to look "expensive" I think it overcompensates for their lack of talent.They all have their talents but back when it was Boombayah and Playing With Fire we saw it, but since DDDD and Kills This Love, BP has focused more on fashion and how they look rather than their talent. I can understand when people say they are just models in a girl group.

And with people talking about hair I think Rose should go back to her dark red hair, she looked really good with it and Jisoo should get bangs again. She only had them for a short time but she looked so gorgeous with them. They made her look so mature and stylish,

Rosé should go back to dark. There was a video of her at the fan event (the empty one lol) and she had extensions but her natural hair was not even to her shoulders it was a very short bob below her ears, her hair is officially fried.

Posted

Rosé should go back to dark. There was a video of her at the fan event (the empty one lol) and she had extensions but her natural hair was not even to her shoulders it was a very short bob below her ears, her hair is officially fried.

Now they will fry Jisoo's instead of giving them all dark hair.

Posted

Honestly they should not only dye roses and lisas hair dark, but also get rid of the extensions! Permanent extensions are not only super damaging, but also start to look a bit ratty after a while if you don’t constantly renew them. I think you can really see it with rose because her hair is always long. Let the scalp relax and recover from all that bleach and weight, it’s not like they’re constantly having comebacks lol, they have more than enough time for that. But wait- i forgot, they gotta look cute for instagram. With other groups you often see them get more natural hair during their breaks and the members switch between who has the crazy hair color, but with blackpink their hair plays a HUGE part in each of the members image, and that’s why it’s so unlikely that yg will switch things up.

Posted

I had no idea, I noticed her hair was weak and damaged at Coachella, but I never knew she had cut it. I wonder how' she look without the extensions...

Posted (edited)

I had no idea, I noticed her hair was weak and damaged at Coachella, but I never knew she had cut it. I wonder how' she look without the extensions...

i wish i could find the tweet again. it was a Rosé stan who actually pointed it out it was in a video where they were walking through the crowd with security. And other bp and rosé stans were saying that it wasn’t extensions but just how she cut her hair, they acted like it’s an embarrassing thing to have extensions and they were saying to delete too. You could obviously see her own hair and than the extensions lol. 

it will probably look like a fried & bleached short bob. 

Edited by Yummmi

Posted

This is so high school mean girl. If they really were late, which I wouldn't be surprised if they were, then I would be mad too if I was Adidas. You're the ambassadors of a company and it's just common etiquette to be decently early to someone else's event. Not to mention, that all they did was gossip backstage, then stand on stage for 5 minutes doing nothing since they were so late. I don't know why Jennie was so mad, especially if the person "looking" at her was someone important from the company/event obviously upset, so I think that just goes to show her true personality. All they had to do was apologise if it was true, but instead, they just rolled their eyes and acted pissed off. As you said, this was filmed by a fan, so technically secretly, and it just shows what Jennie can be like, to other people and her own members. This whole clip is just very childish, like a kid that doesn't want to admit that what they did was wrong so they just talk shit instead. 

i know ima get negative votes but......is it weird i don't see anything going on in that clip? it seems like they're just....talking