• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

5449 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm honestly surprised that YG havent release a statement regarding to this late controversy. The girls are being dragged left and right by the media. These comments got as much as 17k upvotes, that's serious.

1. [+17,029, -518] Logically speaking, shouldn't Blackpink have been the ones arriving early and setting up the place before Beckham arrived? Even that wouldn't have been enough.
  2. [+11,983, -122] I remember Jang Do-yeon trying to fill up the time when Blackpink arrived late to the awards ceremony ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. Seems like this is a habit for them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  3. [+8,792, -324] The timetable is already out. The fans are the only ones still denying it.
  4. [+7,026, -127] So they were really late ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. YG usually doesn't put out a statement when they're in the wrong ㅋㅋㅋ
  5. [+3,041, -940] I get the whole wanting to avoid spreading false information without proof but there are a lot of videos on YouTube about it already...
  6. [+1,849, -78] They barely have a few years under their belts as idols but they're arrogant already~
  7. [+1,476, -20] It's because Beckham has a good personality, if it was Ronaldo they'd be overㅋㅋ
  8. [+1,446, -21] I watched the video too. Even though they arrived late they still walked up there confidently, smiling, laughing and talking together ㅋㅋㅋ
  9. [+1,376, -22] I remember at the Elle Awards when Jang Do Yeon had to fill up the time because Blackpink were late. When she asked if they arrived yet, they told her no so she even sang a song before she got off the stage. 
  10. [+735, -22] Fact is they were late and didn't apologize...YG's lack of character is a science.

source: https://dailynaver.blogspot.com/2019/10/blackpink-under-fire-for-arriving-late_9.html

Articles about it are still trending...I doubt this will just go away, it will be mentioned on every Beckham article and its very possible that knets/reporters will either bring up past shit or make articles about ones they didnt report before to protect them.

Posted

idk but she looks so bitchy in here, especially the first video bc she completely cuts jisoo off mid-sentence so rudely but of course once the first video went viral some months ago fans just put it down to her "bad bitch image" and "omg i hope she punches me in the face!!!!!" type of thing lmao

also about the wardrobe its pretty obvious rosé gets the shittiest make up and clothes. maeng (bp's makeup artist) is always trying different looks on lisa and especially jennie while jisoo just gets the same boring no makeup look and rosé gets the droppy eyeliner and gradient lips that do not compliment her features. rosé fans are always on maeng's insta comments complaining but its obvious she dgaf lol

Posted

a food for thought: in bp's music jennie is the only one allowed to swear

Posted (edited)

All this drama surrounding the group makes it hard to like their music

Edited by Beast Boy

Posted

I think Jennie's attitude would not be that bad if she joined SM. The amount of talented, naturally good looking, and rich trainees there would've humbled her.

YG is good for people who are already talented but not confident in themselves, like Lee Hi, AKMU, not the other way around where you have great confidence but mediocre talent.

Am I the only one who gets Haley Morales vibes ftom her?

Posted

idk but she looks so bitchy in here, especially the first video bc she completely cuts jisoo off mid-sentence so rudely but of course once the first video went viral some months ago fans just put it down to her "bad bitch image" and "omg i hope she punches me in the face!!!!!" type of thing lmao

also about the wardrobe its pretty obvious rosé gets the shittiest make up and clothes. maeng (bp's makeup artist) is always trying different looks on lisa and especially jennie while jisoo just gets the same boring no makeup look and rosé gets the droppy eyeliner and gradient lips that do not compliment her features. rosé fans are always on maeng's insta comments complaining but its obvious she dgaf lol

Lmfao but put her in front of a western celeb and she loses all her pOwEr

I think Jennie's attitude would not be that bad if she joined SM. The amount of talented, naturally good looking, and rich trainees there would've humbled her.

YG is good for people who are already talented but not confident in themselves, like Lee Hi, AKMU, not the other way around where you have great confidence but mediocre talent.

Am I the only one who gets Haley Morales vibes ftom her?

SM idols are supposed to have nice attitude, thats why I cantttt like Irene and Taeyeon no matter what. 

Posted

About to make a freaking bingo for all the scandals she could possibly get and see how fast she completes it because it is just getting ridiculous. 

Also - when it comes to the wrong treatment Rosé gets with the styling etc, I want to be mad but I'm not really... But that's only because Rosé actually looks good, even in the cheap clothing compared to the others. Lisa looks good when she actually gets a nice outfit but Jennie always looks like she is wearing her moms clothes (or just makes it look cheap) and while Jisoo is quite pretty and usually has a bit luck with her package of styling, I think her face lacks what the others have. 

yes i was thinking the same, she wears basic clothing so good. Like she was wearing that basic pink dress when jennie was wearing that green but people still went crazy and of that day she has the most viral solo fancams. Her body is just so nice that it doesn’t matter what she is wearing but I would still like for her to get a nice, thought out outfit like jennie once in a while.

Posted

Been lurking this thread for a while, hi everyone - honestly the problem with Blackpink is that...their music is just super boring? Their title tracks are always the same, way too loud shitty bass and drum line, lyrics about being a bad bitch type thing. Snore. Rose seems sweet but other than that the members are all super forgettable. How did Jennie even become the favourite? 

Posted (edited)

Everyone sometimes have these not so nice moments when you argue with your friends and get kinda bitchy... but damn, her facial expression at the end of the second gif... she looks NASTY. 

Edited by Bumbumtumbalatum

Posted (edited)

There are tons of rich idols out there who are still likable, kind or modest like Suho, Chenle, Umji, Tzuyu, etc but just Jennie seems to be the most spoiled and privileged idol out there which I find extremely unlikable. I think she’d be better off as an influencer/Instagram model rather than an idol because clearly she likes the benefits of being an idol except for all the work you have to put into it.

Edited by holita

Posted

not wk but i'm pretty sure the difference between her and other rich idols is that they know how to handle themselves. there has got to be more bratty rich idols who are worse than her behind closed doors; they just know how to behave in public/at work. many idols are rumored to be hot headed but know what self control is. jennie doesn't. 

I mean, I agree with you and I definitively see your point, but knowing not to act like a spoiled brat in public is still leagues better than acting like one. It either means you are smart/aware enough to know how to avoid criticism, suspicion and backlash, or that you still have some basic standards of what's right and what's wrong. In Jennie's case, there's still the aggravating that by now she knows she can get away with anything and everything, that's why she keeps pushing the limit further and further; tbh, there are fans that would still defend her if she straight up murdered a puppy in front of a camera lol.