• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1985 posts in this topic

Posted

I say the same thing to myself every day. It's because she's meant to be the "indie church girl" aka the duller version of Jennie's image so they don't put her in anything that could outshine her. I don't mind it when her hair is in beach waves though it really shows how dead her hair is from the bleach, but that one strand curl hairstyle is just embarrassing. I don't know if it's a trend in Korea, it shouldn't be, but I'm glad they don't do that anymore... Rosé looked so lovely when her hair was in a low ponytail but I'm starting to think that she's become the filler member now, nothing impressive or eye-catching because she's meant to be just there. But, now their stylist is just obsessed with giving her a half-up hairstyle with plaits. It's like they find a hairstyle that matches her "church girl" image and then milk it until it's tiring. Rosé's bangs were so nice but just like Jisoo, they got rid of them because it was gaining them attention. And, gave it to Jennie instead. Her red hair was my favourite hair colour, and when it faded to pink it was even better, but I'm surprised that they allowed it since it was so bright and always drew people eyes to her. Rosé's wardrobe needs a serious upgrade because it's so repetitive with crop tops and skirts, but they won't change it because it emphasises her tiny waist/long legs. As well as appeal to her "I'm more Western than Korean" image. Her looks have become a little bit better, especially on tour, but I just can't stand it when they put her in those doc martens. It makes her outfits look 10x worse. 

BeFunky-collage.thumb.jpg.3731fbeee793f6

BeFunky-collage_copy.thumb.jpg.2842c6957

BeFunky-collage_(1)_copy.thumb.jpg.2d6a9

BeFunky-collage_(1).thumb.jpg.5760fc0049

The more diversified outfits Rosé received this year comes from her teaser and BlackPink's Coachella performances when the stylists finally gave her something else either than a long sleeved crop top and high waisted skirt. Apart from the long dresses she wore during her covers on tour. 

22fd52499c90b72ad93abe4f3a33449a.jpg

blackpink-rose-kill-this-love.jpg

Posted

They always give shit to Rosé so she wont outshine the rest (like getting rid of her dark hair and bangs, then getting rid of her red hair just before the sprite CF), she made the baggy pants a thing in the group but the stylist just gives them to Lisa 99% of the time as well, even if just Rosé trends using them, also Adidas 'forgot' to upload her picture last year for the campain, a whole mess. 

Posted (edited)

I was honestly a bit shocked at how bland Rosé's outfits were on tour in comparison to her group mates. While Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo were given nicely decorated outfits to wear with interesting ornaments and so on, Rosé wore a bland white dress barely handled with the same amount of care offered to the rest of BlackPink. The favouritism was obvious, there is no coincidence that Rosé wardrobes appeared comparably bland amongst her members without involving a tinge of internal discrimination amongst BlackPink and their stage outfits. 

0b441e37b669ac8c48ca361c22d41dfe34db192er1-1080-1350v2_00.jpg

30dff469cfbbaa61096c9cea149c6124.jpg

jennieoriginal.jpg

It's worse when you see them all together:

D_W3f8QUIAAXDB9.jpg

At this point it's disgusting.

Edited by Magenta

Posted

The more diversified outfits Rosé received this year comes from her teaser and BlackPink's Coachella performances when the stylists finally gave her something else either than a long sleeved crop top and high waisted skirt. Apart from the long dresses she wore during her covers on tour. 

22fd52499c90b72ad93abe4f3a33449a.jpg

blackpink-rose-kill-this-love.jpg

Yeah! Those outfits were one of her bests. But I feel like the first one is still the same outfit that she always has, just with a jacket over it. Her KTL look was incredible though, She had the best outfit out of the 4, but it's not even a surprise anymore that we didn't get to see fully. Until Rosé did it herself.

2856fe8b4a85d9e27421b5ddf3fcef0b.thumb.j 

It's worse when you see them all together:

D_W3f8QUIAAXDB9.jpg

At this point it's disgusting.

I didn't realise it was that bad. With everyone else's outfit, you can tell that they are wearing designer clothes, but Rosé's outfit just looks like a cheap two-piece set with sewn-on jewels. You can even tell in some photos that the jewels aren't even sewn on properly... Earlier on, her outfit actually used to be so nice, it had lots of gemstones and accessories all over it, but they took it off. The same thing happened with the pink dress for her solo, She wore it for one stop with heels and then they changed it completely to a dress style that she always wears and sneakers. This is so annoying because her stage wardrobe used to be pretty great, in my opinion until Jennie started getting pushed. Obviously, it wasn't as good as Jennie's, but at least it was experimental. 

unnamed.thumb.jpg.ff711609f9096391af36fe

roseunnamed-683x1024.thumb.jpg.84aaade75

BeFunky-collage_(2).thumb.jpg.05b76a235a

BeFunky-collage_(2)_copy.thumb.jpg.19cd7

For anyone who would, like myself, like to see the entire video on which the twitter gifs were based:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SouCitvKrL8

Frankly speaking, whilst reading all the things mentioned about the dynamic of the group I wasn't entirely sure because I hadn't seen it myself but here, it pretty much sums up what everybody has been discussing before. I now finally understand the Jisoo is way more into Jennie than the other way around and how Lisa and Rose are closer to one another. Please do watch for yourself to make a final judgement but personally, let me just say that this did not leave a good impression on me. I never really noticed the whining thing much but here it is pretty obvious. It starts around 3:38. One of the men makes a x sign with his fingers and well... it doesn't seem like Jennie likes whatever is being told is not possible. Hereafter, the "catty" expression follows soon after. I know I said earlier I can't judge idols on their personalities on camera but seeing how this is taken in a moment when they (Jennie and Jisoo at least, Rose seems to notice the camera) showcase their real selves and.... I now understand why people get "bad" vibes from her. To be honest, this shattered whatever positive view I had on her pretty much.... To be fair though, Jisoo for some reason also left a bad taste in my mouth. I know it is probably nothing but the way they poked fun at something being wrong with Lisa's hair just... I don't know, it reminded me a lot of those passive aggressive bullies/people who would make a comment about your appearence but then try to ease it off as a joke.. I don't know. Also that whole "give me the mirror" whilst Lisa is busy trying to remove something from her eyes and clearly wanting it back but Jennie not giving an F and just handing her her used q-tip and then just holding it in front of her so she has to grab it back... I know we shouldn't be overanalyzing these things because we wouldn't want to create a second T-ara thing but really... it did not give me good vibes.

That reminds me of when Jennie and Lisa laughed and imitated Rosé because of the way she was wearing her jacket. And, then wore their jacket the exact same way later on. But, I guess it doesn't matter now because all kpop groups do it. 

Posted

I used a translator for this but it summarizes the blackpink and their fans situation very well. It's also interesting that they mention things like glaring, exclusive to Jennie. The media is fed up. 

"BLACKPINK is under fire for allegedly causing disruptions to the event due to its tardiness. Amid this, Black Pink fans raised eyebrows with excessive cover for my star.

On Tuesday, a leading sports brand organized an event with local fans to mark soccer star Beckham's visit to Korea. Not only Beckham but Black Pink was also scheduled to take part in the event.

However, the scheduled time for the event was 11:30 a.m., Beckham's photo-wall event and the Korean naming contest, which was later scheduled to meet Black Pink from 11:55 a.m. In the process, the event was delayed as Black Pink failed to arrive in time at the scheduled time. Beckham also had to wait for Black Pink.

Since then, each media outlet has delivered a cluttered atmosphere at the scene through photo articles. In addition, the coverage indicated that Black Pink's perception was the decisive cause of the delay. Fans of Black Pink, however, claimed that Black Pink was not tardy, saying, "Did journalists take medicine as a group?" I arrived at the scene in advance and I was waiting while the Korean name-building event was taking place," he defended Black Pink.

However, event officials testified that Black Pink was late. An official told 동아 that Black Pink was about 20 minutes late. This has delayed the event," he said. BLACKPINK's position on the controversy has yet to be reached.

The controversy over Black Pink's attitude is not what happened today. It is hard to tell whether it is because of the staff, including the manager who is overly enthusiastic about protecting the artists, or because it is YG's only hope, but their glaring and arrogant attitude has always caused mishaps.

First, comedian Jung Yong-guk revealed an episode involving Black Pink on a radio program. He said he parked the van without permission at around 11 p.m. right in front of the gopchang house he runs, and soon his manager came out and said, "You can hang up."

Jeong then said, "There were about two managers and four players in total. Since there are seven people, I asked them to set up their seats and asked them if they could come out because the food was cooked. Turns out it was Jenny of Black Pink," he said.

After the episode was released, the majority of Internet users pointed to the manager's attitude to park illegally right in front of the store. But only Black Pink fans had unnecessary comments about Jenny.The remarks were meant to promote Gina's shop," Chung said. In the end, he apologized that he had no intention to slander a specific person.

In addition, Black Pink used to have conflicts with citizens at the departure site. Controversy also flared up after the manager was shown pushing an elderly man across a crosswalk in a photo while he was leaving the country for a concert overseas.

After learning of these precedents, Black Pink's latest tardiness incident is not surprising. The same goes for YG, which is waiting for YG to remain silent and calm when something unfavorable happens to its artists.

Being late is one of the mistakes one makes, whether one is willing or unwilling, one hundred times However, one of the basics of social life is to apologize if you make a mistake and say that you will not do so again, even in empty words.

But it's okay if you stop right in front of someone else's store and get a ticket for illegal parking. When Black Pink passes, you can't pass by the old man. You can't make a soccer player from abroad wait for you. It is not clear which country is in the top 1 percent privileged class.

Posted

Jennie brings so many fucking scandals to the group, its not even funny:

- Bullying

- Attitude on shows and events

- Parking wherever because ShE iS fAmOuS

- Lazy on stage

- Forgetting lines of two out of the 3 songs they had

- Princess treatment 

- Dating (yes, its in SK) 

It's the only thing she excels at.

Posted

I say the same thing to myself every day. It's because she's meant to be the "indie church girl" aka the duller version of Jennie's image so they don't put her in anything that could outshine her. I don't mind it when her hair is in beach waves though it really shows how dead her hair is from the bleach, but that one strand curl hairstyle is just embarrassing. I don't know if it's a trend in Korea, it shouldn't be, but I'm glad they don't do that anymore... Rosé looked so lovely when her hair was in a low ponytail but I'm starting to think that she's become the filler member now, nothing impressive or eye-catching because she's meant to be just there. But, now their stylist is just obsessed with giving her a half-up hairstyle with plaits. It's like they find a hairstyle that matches her "church girl" image and then milk it until it's tiring. Rosé's bangs were so nice but just like Jisoo, they got rid of them because it was gaining them attention. And, gave it to Jennie instead. Her red hair was my favourite hair colour, and when it faded to pink it was even better, but I'm surprised that they allowed it since it was so bright and always drew people eyes to her. Rosé's wardrobe needs a serious upgrade because it's so repetitive with crop tops and skirts, but they won't change it because it emphasises her tiny waist/long legs. As well as appeal to her "I'm more Western than Korean" image. Her looks have become a little bit better, especially on tour, but I just can't stand it when they put her in those doc martens. It makes her outfits look 10x worse. 

BeFunky-collage.thumb.jpg.3731fbeee793f6

BeFunky-collage_copy.thumb.jpg.2842c6957

BeFunky-collage_(1)_copy.thumb.jpg.2d6a9

BeFunky-collage_(1).thumb.jpg.5760fc0049

they dress her up in crop tops and skirt because it hides the fact that she has a long torso and shorter legs. long torso/short leg combo makes you a very easy target for knetizens to bash sadly. 

Posted (edited)

About Jennie's laziness and lack of consistent effort, Blinks were attributing Jennie's lesser capacities in performing diligently due to her "tight clothing" and "corsets" as it was difficult for her to breathe. These are the kinds of excuses Blinks are pulling off this round. Mentioning how Jennie's outfits lack utility while Lisa, Rosé and Jisoo's outfits have full of it. The amount of bullshitting they pull always never disappoints. All their arguments on her laziness appear less coherent and factual each time, which shows how pointless their efforts are in lying on her behalf. Who the hell chose Jennie's "tight corsets" in the first place? Wasn't it Jennie herself whose fashion-related preferences are highly prioritised amongst her members to the point where she gets to cherry-pick her outfits?? All the iconic outfits Jennie has worn during DDu Du DDu and Solo contributed to her rise in popularity, most of which were her corsets. I do not think those outfits are given to Jennie from a lapse of judgement and were planned from the beginning to ensure Jennie maintains her fanbase. 

Edited by jinyeonnie

Posted (edited)

I'm honestly surprised that YG havent release a statement regarding to this late controversy. The girls are being dragged left and right by the media. These comments got as much as 17k upvotes, that's serious.

1. [+17,029, -518] Logically speaking, shouldn't Blackpink have been the ones arriving early and setting up the place before Beckham arrived? Even that wouldn't have been enough.
  2. [+11,983, -122] I remember Jang Do-yeon trying to fill up the time when Blackpink arrived late to the awards ceremony ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. Seems like this is a habit for them ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
  3. [+8,792, -324] The timetable is already out. The fans are the only ones still denying it.
  4. [+7,026, -127] So they were really late ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ. YG usually doesn't put out a statement when they're in the wrong ㅋㅋㅋ
  5. [+3,041, -940] I get the whole wanting to avoid spreading false information without proof but there are a lot of videos on YouTube about it already...
  6. [+1,849, -78] They barely have a few years under their belts as idols but they're arrogant already~
  7. [+1,476, -20] It's because Beckham has a good personality, if it was Ronaldo they'd be overㅋㅋ
  8. [+1,446, -21] I watched the video too. Even though they arrived late they still walked up there confidently, smiling, laughing and talking together ㅋㅋㅋ
  9. [+1,376, -22] I remember at the Elle Awards when Jang Do Yeon had to fill up the time because Blackpink were late. When she asked if they arrived yet, they told her no so she even sang a song before she got off the stage. 
  10. [+735, -22] Fact is they were late and didn't apologize...YG's lack of character is a science.

source: https://dailynaver.blogspot.com/2019/10/blackpink-under-fire-for-arriving-late_9.html

Edited by devilll

Posted

I wonder if she was always like this or if it got progressively worse.

Posted

Jennie brings so many fucking scandals to the group, its not even funny:

- Bullying

- Attitude on shows and events

- Parking wherever because ShE iS fAmOuS

- Lazy on stage

- Forgetting lines of two out of the 3 songs they had

- Princess treatment 

- Dating (yes, its in SK) 

About to make a freaking bingo for all the scandals she could possibly get and see how fast she completes it because it is just getting ridiculous. 

Also - when it comes to the wrong treatment Rosé gets with the styling etc, I want to be mad but I'm not really... But that's only because Rosé actually looks good, even in the cheap clothing compared to the others. Lisa looks good when she actually gets a nice outfit but Jennie always looks like she is wearing her moms clothes (or just makes it look cheap) and while Jisoo is quite pretty and usually has a bit luck with her package of styling, I think her face lacks what the others have. 

Posted

I wonder if she was always like this or if it got progressively worse.

I think that she always had it in her and that her current environment is just enabling her even more. 

This is just a theory of mine but I feel like rich kids pendle way harder towards the extremes of either polite, well-spoken, and generous or bratty and entitled. I think that’s related to the fact that their parents have to do a way better job at straightening them out because society won’t. In a normal middle-class highschool there are of course the kids that didn’t fit in, but after a couple of years they usually got affected by their classmates and changed to the better. The geeky guy was still a geeky guy afterwards, but did no longer belittle others for their lack of technological knowledge and knew when his input wasn’t asked. The shy nerd was still a shy nerd, but she now knew not to force herself onto people to get attention. Aka, they learned how to socialize while staying true to themselves. I think rich kids of course still experience some of that social pressure, just less than the average person does. So it’s the job of the guardian to teach them how privileged they are and how to do something with that privilege. I think heart evangelista is a good example of someone born into enormous wealth who really made the best out of it: very educated, well-spoken, generous, respectful towards humans and animals. In videos she always talks about her family and how they raised her when she was a child. I don’t think jennie got that type of experience and right now there are two sides that pull on her: the "public" calling her out aka the highschool classmates in my example, and then the fans, staff, and yg treating her like a queen. I think it’s pretty obvious with pull is easier to give into, especially because the people calling her out aren’t on the same "level" as her like classmates would, but rather possibly in her eyes beneath her.

Posted

About to make a freaking bingo for all the scandals she could possibly get and see how fast she completes it because it is just getting ridiculous. 

We should make this lmao.