• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1873 posts in this topic

Posted

-Regarding the Kai/Jennie scandal. I'm wondering what made the split happen so fast. It's not like they were receiving massive amounts of hate when it was announced. Plus, Kai has dated publicly before with Krystal, and she was also considered an "Ice Queen," yet they lasted for a longer amount of time. A part of me still thinks some of Jennie's scandal was a little bit orchestrated. Just a little bit. 

-The reason why Blackjacks didn't make a fuss when CL got major attention from Adidas compared to the other members was because CL at least demonstrated that she ultimately cares about the other members. Their goodbye song was written by CL and took a lot of words from what she wanted to say to Minzy, she risked her life to save Dara during an Earth quake, and she still supported Bom. It's why even when CL was doing solo work, her biggest fans were her members. With Jennie, the feeling is different entirely. 

-Speaking of Minzy, I wonder if Rose will pull the same thing Minzy did. Minzy was the first to leave after giving hints about her mistreatment, and now that history is repeating itself in some ways with Rose, I wonder how far it will really go.  

-As far as whether or not the group would last as soloists in the case of disbandment, I don't think so. We already discussed how Jennie can't really handle public scrutiny, and lacks charisma, so imagine if she was alone. It wouldn't end well. Lisa has the charm, the fanbase, and the dancing under her belt. I think if she got proper vocal training, and went back to her roots with hiphop (the girl used to be able to do standing b-boy freezes, which take a LOT of strength. I still don't have the heart to underestimate her and still fault YG's training) she could do pretty well in SEA. Rose would probably sell a decent amount in the west if she collaborated with the right people. I think it would be nice to see a ChaeLisa sub-unit or duo honestly. Jisoo would be a great CF girl. Perhaps she could go the Suzy route. Despite all of that though, they would survive, yes, but would they be HUGE? I really don't think so. Companies need to realize that group popularity can really come and go. The second generation is a little luckier because they came out with classics which keep their flame alive despite not being as relevant. Now that the market is oversaturated, who knows where Blackpink will end up when the fad of Kpop passes? 

Posted

Yes of course, Jennie does looks bitchy and mean throughout the whole video, but then again she often does when not blank faced. At this point it seems safe to assume that's her standard mode. Of which she only has 4: 1) bored to death 2) annoyed 3) nervous/insecure and 4) baby aegyo mode.

RIP, I was talking about another video, dont mind me :doge:

Posted

-Regarding the Kai/Jennie scandal. I'm wondering what made the split happen so fast. It's not like they were receiving massive amounts of hate when it was announced. Plus, Kai has dated publicly before with Krystal, and she was also considered an "Ice Queen," yet they lasted for a longer amount of time. A part of me still thinks some of Jennie's scandal was a little bit orchestrated. Just a little bit. 

-The reason why Blackjacks didn't make a fuss when CL got major attention from Adidas compared to the other members was because CL at least demonstrated that she ultimately cares about the other members. Their goodbye song was written by CL and took a lot of words from what she wanted to say to Minzy, she risked her life to save Dara during an Earth quake, and she still supported Bom. It's why even when CL was doing solo work, her biggest fans were her members. With Jennie, the feeling is different entirely. 

-Speaking of Minzy, I wonder if Rose will pull the same thing Minzy did. Minzy was the first to leave after giving hints about her mistreatment, and now that history is repeating itself in some ways with Rose, I wonder how far it will really go.  

-As far as whether or not the group would last as soloists in the case of disbandment, I don't think so. We already discussed how Jennie can't really handle public scrutiny, and lacks charisma, so imagine if she was alone. It wouldn't end well. Lisa has the charm, the fanbase, and the dancing under her belt. I think if she got proper vocal training, and went back to her roots with hiphop (the girl used to be able to do standing b-boy freezes, which take a LOT of strength. I still don't have the heart to underestimate her and still fault YG's training) she could do pretty well in SEA. Rose would probably sell a decent amount in the west if she collaborated with the right people. I think it would be nice to see a ChaeLisa sub-unit or duo honestly. Jisoo would be a great CF girl. Perhaps she could go the Suzy route. Despite all of that though, they would survive, yes, but would they be HUGE? I really don't think so. Companies need to realize that group popularity can really come and go. The second generation is a little luckier because they came out with classics which keep their flame alive despite not being as relevant. Now that the market is oversaturated, who knows where Blackpink will end up when the fad of Kpop passes? 

Being around the time of BlackJacks and that era of Kpop, I can also say fans weren't as toxic as they are now. I am not saying there were no toxic fans back then but fans genuinely cared about their idol groups. I still miss being a Cassie. Sigh. 

Anyway BP fans however are hella toxic. They won't take any criticism of their queens and I think their fans will be one of the the reasons for them not getting as successful as they could. People adored 2NE1, all of them, sure we had favorites but for the most part the whole group was loved. BP not so much. It's more a war within, rather than supporting the whole group. Everyone has a favorite and sticks to them, they don't seem to care about the others. 

Maybe it's just me but I see that as the difference from 2NEI and BP. 

Posted

Not sure they seem to be gossiping 

Yeah I just made an assumption based on the small clip. I thought they were around a crowd of people lol. Either way it makes her look bad

Posted

Where is the promised second comeback, which was supposed to be happening in this year? It's already october. Is YG thinking of doing a christmas comeback so that more money flows or (like I/we all think) it won't happen?

Maybe there are no comebacks because YG wants to make sure they a.k.a Jennie and maybe Lisa can have their photo shootings and CFs to make sure that the rest of Blackpink get forgetten by the gp and Jennie is still relevant. A comeback would mean way less photo shoots for Jennie (and Lisa). Not even 2NE1 had so much less comebacks and we all know how YG treated them

Posted (edited)

The sad part about Jennie's regression to laziness is how she was once the best performer of BlackPink and did her five years of training justice. Her effort on stage does not come close to debut at all, which has room for improvement. Blinks, especially SEA Blinks, who have been trending many hashtags involving Jennie's name in the past due to their perceived victimhood of her, need to accept that Jennie should assume responsibility for her actions. The same has to do with BlackPink's tardiness during their Adidas event. Instead of passing the above as fake news, Blinks should accept that YG's staff and BlackPink should take responsibility for their actions and show a semblance of professionalism. 

Jennie's fans should not be comparing her current performances to the SBS Gayo Daejun stage of 2016. She deliberately skips certain parts of BlackPink's choreographies and throws the entire group's performances off balance. If anything, Jennie's first performance of KTL resembles her energy during the beginning of her career. 

Even in the span of months, we can already see how she's losing interest once again. 

Edited by jinyeonnie
grammar

Posted

i'm pretty sure everyone under yg had idea of how rotten his character is even without knowing about his shady business ventures.

blackpink had weren't sure they were being filmed so what you're seeing is lowkey, can't imagine when there aren't cameras around at all. 9_9

Not sure they seem to be gossiping and pointing

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1181775394866778113/pu/vid/640x360/edA1WbAoMgK9R6eT.mp4?tag=10

This is so high school mean girl. If they really were late, which I wouldn't be surprised if they were, then I would be mad too if I was Adidas. You're the ambassadors of a company and it's just common etiquette to be decently early to someone else's event. Not to mention, that all they did was gossip backstage, then stand on stage for 5 minutes doing nothing since they were so late. I don't know why Jennie was so mad, especially if the person "looking" at her was someone important from the company/event obviously upset, so I think that just goes to show her true personality. All they had to do was apologise if it was true, but instead, they just rolled their eyes and acted pissed off. As you said, this was filmed by a fan, so technically secretly, and it just shows what Jennie can be like, to other people and her own members. This whole clip is just very childish, like a kid that doesn't want to admit that what they did was wrong so they just talk shit instead. 

Posted

That video exposes them so much holy shit. They look like 4 high schoolers who just had a fight and now need to do a shitty presentation together. And could Jennie not smile genuinely just once???? She's such an ugly person and it's showing tbh

Posted

why is rosé's look and styling so dull and predictable? the only thing different that i've seen her in is the red hair and the bangs and stans (and non-stans alike) ate that up. she deserves better looks 100% because the same blonde, tucked behind an ear, church girl look is just getting boring. feels like i've seen her in this hairstyle for the past ten decades...

dhdj.thumb.jpg.3eb86c23f9f2336817ddf472e

not to mention she has the best body out of all the girls in bp so i'm genuinely confused why she's always only wearing some crop tops and a skirt? also, don't even get me started on her droopy eyeliner. 

Posted

why is rosé's look and styling so dull and predictable? the only thing different that i've seen her in is the red hair and the bangs and stans (and non-stans alike) ate that up. she deserves better looks 100% because the same blonde, tucked behind an ear, church girl look is just getting boring. feels like i've seen her in this hairstyle for the past ten decades...

dhdj.thumb.jpg.3eb86c23f9f2336817ddf472e

not to mention she has the best body out of all the girls in bp so i'm genuinely confused why she's always only wearing some crop tops and a skirt? also, don't even get me started on her droopy eyeliner. 

I say the same thing to myself every day. It's because she's meant to be the "indie church girl" aka the duller version of Jennie's image so they don't put her in anything that could outshine her. I don't mind it when her hair is in beach waves though it really shows how dead her hair is from the bleach, but that one strand curl hairstyle is just embarrassing. I don't know if it's a trend in Korea, it shouldn't be, but I'm glad they don't do that anymore... Rosé looked so lovely when her hair was in a low ponytail but I'm starting to think that she's become the filler member now, nothing impressive or eye-catching because she's meant to be just there. But, now their stylist is just obsessed with giving her a half-up hairstyle with plaits. It's like they find a hairstyle that matches her "church girl" image and then milk it until it's tiring. Rosé's bangs were so nice but just like Jisoo, they got rid of them because it was gaining them attention. And, gave it to Jennie instead. Her red hair was my favourite hair colour, and when it faded to pink it was even better, but I'm surprised that they allowed it since it was so bright and always drew people eyes to her. Rosé's wardrobe needs a serious upgrade because it's so repetitive with crop tops and skirts, but they won't change it because it emphasises her tiny waist/long legs. As well as appeal to her "I'm more Western than Korean" image. Her looks have become a little bit better, especially on tour, but I just can't stand it when they put her in those doc martens. It makes her outfits look 10x worse. 

BeFunky-collage.thumb.jpg.3731fbeee793f6

BeFunky-collage_copy.thumb.jpg.2842c6957

BeFunky-collage_(1)_copy.thumb.jpg.2d6a9

BeFunky-collage_(1).thumb.jpg.5760fc0049

Posted

Jennie doing her best Regina George impression, she's getting bolder and bolder in public, no fucks given. Also:

2fEg47O.jpg

What stans when they had just debuted hours before, LOL? You're set on an alternative reality where Lisa wasn't the clear public fave from the beginning, and where she's a wasted talent. Idols who are exceptional dancers don't need super hard choreo to show that. Seulrene's video has a simple routine, but they're execution is 10/10. Show me a video of Lisa that's on that level and then we'll talk.

Lmao calm down 😂

1. My comment was basically saying black pink could stand and breathe and their fans would freak out the way as your comment of Lisa "giving the middle finger" 

2. My point again is that the choreography is crap from what theyve given her. I would like to see her with a better routine is all im saying and she can showcase her talent. The video below and some of her pre debuts needed some work but with the right technique she could have  been amazing. 

https://youtu.be/elIYwnfUBEI

2ne1 had easier dance moves too but their stage presence was on a different level. I still think Lisa is a good dancer but needs the right guidance and choreography. She stands out from the other three and can keep up with other kpop stars. 

3. I was talking about people who didnt like lisa for not "being the right type of asian" or "Korean enough" for which shit like that does happen. Welcome to the world of colorism or is that an alternate reality? Even if yp, promoted her for being from Thailand, doesn't mean she didn't get hate from it either. 

Posted (edited)

That video exposes them so much holy shit. They look like 4 high schoolers who just had a fight and now need to do a shitty presentation together. And could Jennie not smile genuinely just once???? She's such an ugly person and it's showing tbh

They are immature and unprofessional, but why can we expect from spoiled children? They all were by the company in comparison to other idols, and at least Jennie by her family.

Lmao calm down 😂

1. My comment was basically saying black pink could stand and breathe and their fans would freak out the way as your comment of Lisa "giving the middle finger" 

2. My point again is that the choreography is crap from what theyve given her. I would like to see her with a better routine is all im saying and she can showcase her talent. The video below and some of her pre debuts needed some work but with the right technique she could have  been amazing. 

2ne1 had easier dance moves too but their stage presence was on a different level. I still think Lisa is a good dancer but needs the right guidance and choreography. She stands out from the other three and can keep up with other kpop stars. 

3. I was talking about people who didnt like lisa for not "being the right type of asian" or "Korean enough" for which shit like that does happen. Welcome to the world of colorism or is that an alternate reality? Even if yp, promoted her for being from Thailand, doesn't mean she didn't get hate from it either. 

The only person not chill here is you with the childish crying emoji LOL, but go off I guess Twitter generation.

1. My point is no matter how mediocre what Lisa offered at debut, people had a big positive reaction. Her CL cosplay in Whistle/Boombayah made her.

2. If you say someone has special talent but has literally no proof of this (you said yourself she needs some work even in the video you posted), then how do you know such "talent" even exist? You don't, you're betting on the possibility that with more training (of which she already had 5 years), after 3 years of being a pro,  she could be amazing. There's no base or logic to that assumption, only a wish. She doesn't really stand out from Rosé during Blackpink performances, and Jennie at her best (end of 2016) was at the very least equal to her. Lisa has access to great dance teachers she does practice with, so where's the evolution? Can she keep up with Momo, Seulgi etc on a more challenging choreo?  I'd like to see her do something like this:

3. You claimed Lisa had no hype at debut and that's inaccurate, because she had plenty. The worst you could say about her in Korea during her start (what you mentioned on your comment) was that she didn't stand out. Lisa's xenophobia/hate came in much latter. when she already had amassed a huge SEA fandom. 

Edited by Magenta

Posted

Lmao calm down 😂

You just can't admit you're wrong can you? It's clear as a day Lisa is your bias so you're giving her way too much credit and making her more a victim than she really is. She got hate and that's terrible, but so did many other foreign idols and honestly she was pretty well received in Korea until her toxic fandom made itself known. About  her dancing: if she has so much potential them show us a video of that, not one where even yourself says she needs to improve. You just make pretty bad arguments.

Posted (edited)

I was honestly a bit shocked at how bland Rosé's outfits were on tour in comparison to her group mates. While Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo were given nicely decorated outfits to wear with interesting ornaments and so on, Rosé wore a bland white dress barely handled with the same amount of care offered to the rest of BlackPink. The favouritism was obvious, there is no coincidence that Rosé wardrobes appeared comparably bland amongst her members without involving a tinge of internal discrimination amongst BlackPink and their stage outfits. 

0b441e37b669ac8c48ca361c22d41dfe34db192er1-1080-1350v2_00.jpg

30dff469cfbbaa61096c9cea149c6124.jpg

jennieoriginal.jpg

Edited by jinyeonnie