• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

9876 posts in this topic

Posted

to me the only "realest" she ever seemed to me was her at ywy with her "mentoring" but just the way she talked & behaved looked more human because Lisa ain't fooling anybody with that 4 year old persona. Aren't even koreans over it lol. It's getting disturbing like girlie u okay

But even then, she was just acting because all shows like that have to have one "strict" mentor. When Jisoo was talking about it in one instance, she said Lisa never acts like that, so she was surprised.

Posted (edited)

I'm posting this here to show that the girls have the freedom to thank their fans in different ways if they wanted to.Their SNS might be curated/controlled by their company. But they do have the freedom to reach their fans by their own will.

From the smallest gesture to big actions; Rosé is one of them who don't shy away from doing so. Jisoo and Jennie have their own ways as well. But Rosé is the one who reciprocate the most. 

So what's Lisa's excuse for being so complacent and apathetic this year around? Or for all these years? Blonks can't say YG controls and monitors Lisa's SNS now. Bc evidently; if Lisa wanted to, Lisa would find a way.

After 4 years, I can't help but feel like she is extremely entitled and ungrateful

EcZ0g7TU4AY5uHY.jpeg

EcZ0he4U8AAKrlx.jpeg

EcZ0iVPU4AEaTy5.jpeg

EcZ0jD3U4AEbUlQ.jpeg

Edited by MatchaMonAmi

Posted (edited)

I think I mostly agree with everyone's thoughts on Lisa's dancing and her occasional stiffness. It seems like when she started being a trainee, she started to focus less on being an actual dancer and more on being an idol dancer, and I don't really think YG has a broad range of dance instructors who push out strong dancers. All of the skilled dancers who have trained at YG had natural talent to begin with (Yibo, Lisa, Taeyang, Minzy) versus someone like Taeyong who had to push himself to be a good dancer. I also think the problem with Lisa's stagnant dancing is the same as the problem with the overall group: nothing ever changes. She probably uses the same choreographers, the same instructors, and little conditioning classes, so there's never anything different. Everything is just recycled. And of the choreographers she does use, like Cheshir, she doesn't get many corrections. The only thing I will disagree on is that the stiffness could be caused by her holding back because it doesn't really seem very realistic to me. Even if you have to simplify your dancing to match the people around you, it shouldn't compromise your performance.

There are a lot of great dancers who are idols. Yixing, Insoo, Hyoyeon, Hakyeon, Ten, Boa, Zelo, Taemin, Yuta, Hoya, Jisung, Eunhyuk, Yugyeom, J-Hope, and Yibo are just a few. The thing that sets them apart from Lisa is that they constantly work with new people, so they're exposed to different teaching methods and they have someone new who will point out any flaws their regular instructors miss. At professional studios it's the same way. If you train for years to become a company member at ABT, you'll mostly work with instructors there, but no one ever stops attending classes at other studios or companies. It's the reason why there are special discounts at some studios for professionals (and exes) who are looking for extra classes. And even if you're at a smaller studio, odds are, you'll be encouraged to attend any workshops from visiting professionals. Zelo used to talk about how he works with different choreographers a lot. SM outsources most of the people who come in, and they use a lot of different pros from S. Korea and the US. Their idols get a diverse set a trainers, and it shows. 

[experience: 17 years as a dancer (mostly ballet, jazz, and acro), 3 of which as a pro]

Edited by giblante

Posted

do you guys think hylt will get more than 5 wins? 

Posted

She gets compared to Jennie because JYP obviously trys to make her the second Jennie and the It girl of the group. From Hairstyle, haircolor, Haircut, Fashion and Image everything screams Jennie. She already gets labelled as someone who is luxurious looking, who is the other Idol who gets mediaplayed as classy and expensive? Jennie!

9340b6fd26c248e94f474240fb5c9430.jpg

bda2284d1352384b92025230182da18d.jpg

nhieu-anh-giong-lia-itzy-va-jennie-blackpink-bi-so-sanh-than-thai-f913cf9c.jpg

d5d0dd91071595a68043365c17fa29c4.jpg

ET4hiliUcAYToMe.jpg

it’s really obvious that jype modeled itzy after blackpink so the way lia is portrayed is not a coincidence imo. her “lazy” scandal was so weird to me bc she clearly was not a lazy dancer but rather an unskilled dancer. and all the video clips trying to show her “lazy” dancing were not nearly as incriminating as jennie’s yet there was so much talk about lia being lazy? it was confusing to me. do you think jype could go so far as to try and push a lazy scandal in his efforts to create the second jennie ? O_o

i know that archetype is not unique and we can argue jennie herself copied krystal but it’s not shocking to think that companies are trying to create a second jennie.  

Posted (edited)

I don’t fully understand what’s going on but apparently blinks on twitter are spreading a rumor about seulrene being a lesbian couple to cover up a blackpink CA scandal 

7E501929-F7A5-4702-9F36-78163F677458.jpeg
9A69856F-763D-4F80-9C93-16824F120BBD.thu
51989FE3-05E9-420C-80F3-CF27DC1F845B.thu19145701-ACB1-448D-9C94-CFCC09CA5565.thu

Edited by crankysloth
Added images

Posted

She gets compared to Jennie because JYP obviously trys to make her the second Jennie and the It girl of the group. From Hairstyle, haircolor, Haircut, Fashion and Image everything screams Jennie. She already gets labelled as someone who is luxurious looking, who is the other Idol who gets mediaplayed as classy and expensive? Jennie!

9340b6fd26c248e94f474240fb5c9430.jpg

bda2284d1352384b92025230182da18d.jpg

nhieu-anh-giong-lia-itzy-va-jennie-blackpink-bi-so-sanh-than-thai-f913cf9c.jpg

d5d0dd91071595a68043365c17fa29c4.jpg

ET4hiliUcAYToMe.jpg

I hate this because the reason for this is because... she comes from a rich family. They are trying so hard for the “expensive” look but it’s not believable at all. 

Posted (edited)

I don’t fully understand what’s going on but apparently blinks on twitter are spreading a rumor about seulrene being a lesbian couple to cover up a blackpink CA scandal 

7E501929-F7A5-4702-9F36-78163F677458.jpeg

It could be like a random hair accessory than a maang tikka, this being based of a 240p photo is kinda...?

Edit: links

I've read some people say its a grecian circlet? Which links into their whole greek mythology thing YG is trynna pull.

Edited by Bumbumbum

Posted

It's the way there is nothing on HYLT's wiki page that isn't about views or charting of some kind.

Usually there is a small paragraph under the 'Music Video' section that has an explanation of some sort on the meaning of the song or concept. I checked the Wiki pages of BP's other title tracks and it's the exact same thing. All about views and records and nothing else. Compared to the pages of their many competitors, it's so robotic. Even kpop songs that you would pass off as cutesy/meaningless have at least a few lines.

Does anyone else find this weird?

Screenshot 2020-07-08 at 15.38.25.png

Posted

Yea, she isn't tall and quite average in the West. Her proportions make her look "tall", bc she's all legs. Her recent bob haircut makes her look even more lanky and give the illusion she's "tall". 

Rosé is the tallest standing at 5'6, Lisa is 5'5 and then Jennie 5'4 and Jisoo 5'3. These are all approximate height taken from the internet. I don't know the validity of it, since Kpop stars have a tendency of inflating their height by a few inches. But I assume it's pretty accurate. 

Anyway, I saw this on Twitter. SM knows what they are doing and I suspect Irene&Seulgi subunit gonna sweep the charts and push BP down.

Screenshot_20200708-124730_Chrome.jpg

EcYCR1LWoAAh8eQ.jpeg

EcYCR1NWAAAFwiO.jpeg

Jennie is way shorter than 5'4 and everyone else who has seen her in person can confirm.

Posted

The IT Girl archetype isn't really something new, but the Jennie archetype/marketing  strategy is something new to Kpop agencys.

Jennie's archetype is somewhere between blair Waldorf, Parisian girly, Krystal, Cl, Instagram baddie

If you see Lia she will reminds you of Jennie, not in a copy cat way but more the Image they try to potray. Luxurious, Rich, most feminine glamorous outfit in the band, both had a lazy scandal and both are good Idol Models.

Jennie takes western trends, wears them till it becomes her trademark and Korea and many stylists/groups eat it up. For example the hairpins, It was already a trend among Influencers, the west and stars like Rihanna already rocked that style. They took this trend and made Jennie constantly wear it and Korea who is obsessed with following trends started to act like she invited that style, but they were actually just behind the trend. Asian Celebs, Bloggers or Idols started to call them Jennie-Pins. I mean only Asians celebs really follow her style, because in the west her style is just old news.

Another new example is Jennie's E-Girl hair, It was obviously copied from dua and E-Girls but many Koreans call it Jennie-Hair. So giving Lia the Jennie vibe will atracct korean who are crazy about trends but still behind, and attract western fans who will see that It Girl/ Influencer aura about them but still different enough from western it girls. 

Will Lia steal her IT girl spot?

EExiMj1XsAETW_c.jpg

tumblr_fd59de18eb85d9c7a56e817a00624d3b_81fc14e8_640.jpg

46618218236e2a90940bd3ce59cf1daa12055258.jpg

itzy-lia-shoulder-line.jpg