• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1982 posts in this topic

Posted

Doesn't SNSD's Hyoyeon get car sick, though? Still one hell of a dancer. It's the difference between someone who does their job well and someone who looks for excuses.

What bothers me the most is that she has not only a rotten work ethic, but she has a bad ethic in general. You can't shift all the blame to YG when he would benefit from her not being lazy and rude to her own members/people in general; how better wouldn't her image become if she had apologized for being a lazy dancer and actually improved? But she would much rather make excuses and ask for pitifulness, always taking the easy route.

And when it comes to the Lisa situation, it's obvious that not all members of a group will be super close or even friends, however, you don't want to be overtly rude in front of a camera to a fellow member, and that's not just from a comercial perspective (groups often do sell this idea of friendship), but from a human perspective as well. Be the bigger person and take it to behind the scenes, where it's you and the other person, instead of shaming them in front of the world.

Literally nothing came out of that. seriously it was such a cunty move to talk to lisa like that. but ofc her fans become brain dead when you bring it up.

Posted (edited)

i personally do think the speculation is plausible by connecting the dots with the chronology of events and set of issues jennie was dealing with in 2018, followed by their post break-up in early 2019 onwards. one thing i can safely assume is the publicity of their relationship, followed by their forced break-up by their respective companies because of the negative criticisms, had caused a great deal of impact on jennie that continues to affect how she behaves until this very moment. the issue definitely affected kai differently, knowing he had dealt with similar case with krystal, had experienced breach of privacy numerous times, yet still continues to show professionalism and cooperation that helps to heal his image. it's simply an assumption of mine that jennie had it far harder to deal with the whole issue because she had harbored admiration on him for a long time, eventually succeed in having him as her partner, was torn apart from him because the medias wanted to make a buzz on their expense, and ended up being distrustful and non-cooperative with reporters since. i certainly can be wrong on this matter.

Oh no I completely understood why her having dated him could've affected her but I was more curious about the whole "Kai has been Jennie's idol for a long time" thing, seeing how I heard varying things about it. If you still have some other evidence/speculations than the dog and her nickname, I would love to hear it ^_^

Edited by Wingpie12

Posted

Oh no I completely understood why her having dated him could've affected her but I was more curious about the whole "Kai has been Jennie's idol for a long time" thing, seeing how I heard varying things about it. If you still have some other evidence/speculations than the dog and her nickname, I would love to hear it ^_^

There's not really much evidence, in my opinion, except for the dog name, and nickname. Only Kai had a crush, in my opinion, since that's what SM said in their report. I think Jennie just dated him because he's arguably one of the hottest guys in Kpop and has the same image as her. Since that's her type.  

Posted

giving hurtful comments about lisa and showing annoyance for her childish behavior in various instances while using her to gain international popularity; showing disinterest whenever jisoo converses with her and not posting pictures with her because she is not popular enough; dumping rose from the 'hubby and wifey' scenario because it did nothing for her and causing rose to show apparent irritation for her constant non-cooperative displays of behavior; overall jennie is just not a good groupmate to have, isn't she.

Maybe. She's really not a good group member in the sense where she only cares about herself and her solo. Which some could say is because of YG, some could say it's not. But it's true. Like many people have said, she clearly never wanted to be in a group, so she just takes digs at her group whenever she has the chance, and ruin their hard work. Because she knows that it's not going to matter at the end of the day since Knetz still only praise her endlessly. But while she is a terrible group member, she also brings attention to the rest of the girls and publicity. But, I highly doubt it now. Her and Rosé's "hubby and wifey" situation was really sad to see, probably sadder than the Jenlisa clout drama. Because you can really tell when Jennie uses her and then dumps her. Chaennie had some really cute moments but it was always one-sided, and it always looked like something straight out of a "mean girls" movie. Jennie really confuses me, because one minute she is nice and caring to her group, and you can tell that she's thankful for them, and then the next minute she keeps doing stuff that brings the group down even more. All I know is that Jennie has too many "bad days" that it's no longer an excuse anymore. If her mood is always that low to the point where she comes off as bitchy then she really needs guidance and help. Because she's going to just keep making herself feel even worse due to the hate.

Posted

Maybe. She's really not a good group member in the sense where she only cares about herself and her solo. Which some could say is because of YG, some could say it's not. But it's true. Like many people have said, she clearly never wanted to be in a group, so she just takes digs at her group whenever she has the chance, and ruin their hard work. Because she knows that it's not going to matter at the end of the day since Knetz still only praise her endlessly. But while she is a terrible group member, she also brings attention to the rest of the girls and publicity. But, I highly doubt it now. Her and Rosé's "hubby and wifey" situation was really sad to see, probably sadder than the Jenlisa clout drama. Because you can really tell when Jennie uses her and then dumps her. Chaennie had some really cute moments but it was always one-sided, and it always looked like something straight out of a "mean girls" movie. Jennie really confuses me, because one minute she is nice and caring to her group, and you can tell that she's thankful for them, and then the next minute she keeps doing stuff that brings the group down even more. All I know is that Jennie has too many "bad days" that it's no longer an excuse anymore. If her mood is always that low to the point where she comes off as bitchy then she really needs guidance and help. Because she's going to just keep making herself feel even worse due to the hate.

welp, her popularity is falling now (finally).

what they are describing is vertigo, which i can 100% say she does not have. Vertigo is debilitating in some cases.

Having motion sickness (planes, cars, even my commute to uni) myself and being a dancer, i can tell you motion sickness does not cause all this nonesense.

Jennie didn’t confirm it but she is subtly hinting towards it (motion sickness being an excuse for lazy dancing) by taking a picture with the motion sickness bracelet on her wrist, turning her head so we can she has the white round motion sickness patch, mentioning it everytime they do an activity. YG knows if she would say it people would say it’s bullshit so she doesn’t but YG knows blinks zoom in on pictures and like making theories so they are doing the job for them. Her fans are eating it up lol. YG is smart sometimes you got to give it to the idiot.

She comes off as very unprofessional, a bunch of idols have anemia or get sick but still give everything on stage (Krystal, Chanyeol, Yuna...) but she comes out with a ridiculous excuse (I have motion sickness, specially on boats or long car trips) and thinks people will pity her? No m'am.

Posted

Sorry for the double post but...again ChaeSoo with the ugly outfits

IMG_20191009_103620.jpg

Posted

IMG_20191009_103620.jpg

Yikes! I actually think none of the girls look good, even Jennie, but of course, she has the most normal outfit. Lisa's outfit is just sad. They're always covering her up in lots of layers or in just overall tacky, "boyish" clothes, I thought her treatment got better over time? Her outfit looks like a Halloween costume and even though they're still promoting KTL, it makes no sense because none of the other girls' outfits is fitting the theme. Rosé's dress would've looked nice if it didn't have the tulle at the back, like Jisoo's dress during their music stages, but I can grantee that she's wearing those dirty white doc martens with it... Jisoo's outfit is probably the best, in my opinion, but it's still not on par with Jennies. I love her bangs though, I hope to see more of it. 

Apparently, this was a promotion for their Music Station performance in Japan. It'll be interesting to see how they go since it's been a while. I hope they continue the good streak that they had this era, especially Jennie, but I think they'll do good because its a broadcasted performance.

Posted (edited)

IMG_20191009_103620.jpg

While none of the outfits look exceptionally flattering on the girls chaesoo just really take the cake....... first of all what is this 2013 fashionista potatoe sack on rose and... jisoos outfit with the "corsette/bra on top of t-shirt dress" look is not only overdone by now, but it also looks like it doesn’t fit properly?

Edited by crankysloth

Posted

While none of the outfits look exceptionally flattering on the girls chaesoo just really take the cake....... first of all what is this 2013 fashionista potatoe sack on rose and... jisoos outfit with the "corsette/bra on top of t-shirt dress" look is not only overdone by now, but it also looks like it doesn’t fit properly?

Yeah, Jisoo's looks like 3 sizes bigger, the bra on top is supposed to make the big ass shirt fit but...

Posted

what they are describing is vertigo, which i can 100% say she does not have. Vertigo is debilitating in some cases.

Having motion sickness (planes, cars, even my commute to uni) myself and being a dancer, i can tell you motion sickness does not cause all this nonesense.

Jennie didn’t confirm it but she is subtly hinting towards it (motion sickness being an excuse for lazy dancing) by taking a picture with the motion sickness bracelet on her wrist, turning her head so we can she has the white round motion sickness patch, mentioning it everytime they do an activity. YG knows if she would say it people would say it’s bullshit so she doesn’t but YG knows blinks zoom in on pictures and like making theories so they are doing the job for them. Her fans are eating it up lol. YG is smart sometimes you got to give it to the idiot.

This is why I stopped being on the fence about her: you can see she definitely knows what she's doing by now, she's playing into it.

IMG_20191009_103620.jpg

Jisoo is just tragic in this, Lisa looks great (outfit's not cute but it suits her her, hair/makeup are on point), Rosé is super boring and this time Jennie got the worst hairstyle possible. She looks like she just woke up with that makeup too.

Jisoo's Chinese fans manage to put her unfairness issue on Dispatch's main page, but LOL at them calling her the main vocal. Since when?

download%2B%25282%2529.jpg

BY the comments both in the original article and on the translation I found you can tell YG failed at building her image:

YJaj5Fu.jpg

fuvx9hN.jpg

One thing I see people commenting lately is how Jisoo acts almost like a fan to Jennie. That used to be the case, but based both on Blackpink Diaries and on their Summer DVD I'd say this honeymoon phase is over. She dos not give Jennie any special attention or even look at her the same way. In fact I'd say there were a couple moments in Hawaii where she looked a bit annoyed. It's subtle because she's not as expressive as Rosé (great bitch face btw), but it's there. And the favoritism towards Jennie even shows up when they're having dinner and she's served the best drink and they try to give Jisoo the worst, but she speaks up and says she wants the same one. Loved that scene.

Posted

IMG_20191009_103620.jpg

there's a weird ass filter/ lighting on the photo too. its like jennie's and jisoo's features were erased a bit.

Posted

This is why I stopped being on the fence about her: you can see she definitely knows what she's doing by now, she's playing into it.

Jisoo is just tragic in this, Lisa looks great (outfit's not cute but it suits her her, hair/makeup are on point), Rosé is super boring and this time Jennie got the worst hairstyle possible. She looks like she just woke up with that makeup too.

Jisoo's Chinese fans manage to put her unfairness issue on Dispatch's main page, but LOL at them calling her the main vocal. Since when?

BY the comments both in the original article and on the translation I found you can tell YG failed at building her image:

YJaj5Fu.jpg

fuvx9hN.jpg

One thing I see people commenting lately is how Jisoo acts almost like a fan to Jennie. That used to be the case, but based both on Blackpink Diaries and on their Summer DVD I'd say this honeymoon phase is over. She dos not give Jennie any special attention or even look at her the same way. In fact I'd say there were a couple moments in Hawaii where she looked a bit annoyed. It's subtle because she's not as expressive as Rosé (great bitch face btw), but it's there. And the favoritism towards Jennie even shows up when they're having dinner and she's served the best drink and they try to give Jisoo the worst, but she speaks up and says she wants the same one. Loved that scene.

Seems like dispatch made an error when translating lead and said main instead. 

Where do you all watch the summer diaries? 

Posted

Seems like dispatch made an error when translating lead and said main instead. 

Where do you all watch the summer diaries? 

Exactly, which is why this is all so funny: Dispatch is airing out issues of her company being careless with her, while being careless themselves!

I got their DVDS from my Blink friend who buys multiple of their everything, but I found this online:

https://mega.nz/#F!r34nmSDZ!mbv1Oq0neSF-6BihyhBKXA

Posted

YJaj5Fu.jpg

fuvx9hN.jpg

Wow. Lisa/Jisoo stans are really not playing with all the demands. I wish Rosé stans were like that as well but we're just like Rosé, too nice. Yeah, I don't know where her fans got the main vocal from, but I'm not surprised that they are saying that just to make the situation look worse. Blinks do that a lot to prove a point. I agree that Jisoo deserves better but her promotions have been pretty stable lately, not so much with group content, but definitely individual. She's an ambassador for Dior, Burberry and Cartier, and just started acting again in Arthdal Chronicles. While Rosé only has YSL as a recurring solo project. Sure, she does deserve more lines and screen time during music videos and group cfs, but her unfairness still isn't as bad as Rosés. 

Their most recent Summer Diaries definitely showed the girls' bitter/fake side a lot. Like when Rosé was lowkey annoyed that a worker didn't know who she was because they have millions of youtube views. Jisoo has definitely realised something about her friendship with Jennie and has now distanced herself away since she's not really that happy anymore to fulfil Jennie's ship fantasies. Jisoo can be very bold especially when she rolled her eyes as well during an American interview because of Jennie, but Rosé still takes the cake for her digs at the Jennie and friends situation. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3ORhQaMUR4 at 0:16. But like I said last time, these could all just be coincidences. But she did roll her eyes as soon as Jennie started translating for her.