• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1992 posts in this topic

Posted

that will never happen lol, especially with the favoring of jennie. i’m pretty sure it’s pissing rosé off already, rightfully, (re: the insta posts she and her dad liked), so i doubt they can fix that. Jennie can’t stand lisa (re: every livestream they did before chinese fans pointed it out and trended it. Lisa would act silly, you know actually have a peersonality, and you could see and sense jennie wanted to strangle her. She would say stuff like Lisa’s hair looks like a wig, and act like it was a joke but you can tell Lisa ,rightfully, felt a bit hurt. (It was a CH+ live stream in it you can really see how lowkey bitchy she is). Just watch blackpink bullying/dissing lisa on youtube, you will see how catty jennie is towards lisa, while rosé and jisoo are doing it more teasingly & jokingly)

Jennie used to be so rude to Lisa. But she always got away with it because it was hidden behind paid projects where you couldn't upload the footage. She used to take so many digs at her and none of the girls found it funny at all. You really saw her true personality during debut since they were always told to be "savages" and "badass." But, now she's stopped and is "best buddies" with Lisa because they're a "powerful duo" together, that's what I meant by her using Lisa for clout. She used to not care about her because she was considered the weak link, not Rosé, but now she's suddenly her "boo" because Jenlisa blew up. 

I feel like I’m becoming a Rosé stan lol 
also i knew Rosé would be the first one to show that she’s sick of the maltreatment, Jisoo is more traditional and wouldn’t complain. And Lisa didn’t have to say anything because her fanbase harassed YG into giving her jobs lol.

Agree. I'm here for Rosé sticking up for herself. I also knew that she was discouraged because she wasn't living her dream fully, their US debut showed that by her always taking the opportunity to shine, but Blinks like to think that everything is an exaggeration if it doesn't involve pitying Jennie. I thought Jisoo/Lisa was going to be the first one to crack, But like I said before, Jisoo doesn't seem like she cares that much about her solo career at the moment. Which makes a lot of sense since it's acting, something that idols do after their group has peaked. While Lisa didn't have to do anything because her Swalla fan cam/International fanbase spoke for her. 

Posted

You have a good point, but it's not about the colour of her outfit. It's about the style. In both of your examples, Jennie has the best outfit, regardless of the colour. Her accessories were custom made if I can remember correctly, while I can guarantee that Rosé's white outfit wasn't even a proper dress. Rosé's dress in the second photo is $75.00 dollars and Lisa's choker was $25.00 dollars. Compared to Jennie's dress alone being $238.00 dollars. That's a big difference and that's only two examples of Lisa, Rosé and Jisoo getting the short end of the stick. The girls are all colour coordinated in both photos except for Jennie so she does have the upper hand. She also picks out her own outfits, none of the other girls has that privilege, and knows that it will clash with the group so she's not the victim in this situation. 

And in that pic ChaeLiSoo were looking just THE SAME as the backup dancers.

op here, haven't been looking at this thread but since it's become a BP thread i'll be redoing the summary of all four girls instead, let me know if there's anything i should mention since i'm too lazy to read the last 30 pages 😏

I think you could mention Rosé going off on IG about the misthreatment she gets (+her dad)

Posted

Gtfo white knight. You are legit using one pic of Rosé being the center to justify 200. 

Yass, give my girl the love she deserves. 

Lisa will do fine in Thailand. Im worried for ChaeSoo

wtf no need to be rude

Posted

I just think they blew up quickly and will fall down hard. 

Posted (edited)

can't quote cuz on mobile but @ the user who is defending jennie: i used to have a somewhat similar opinion and wrote something along those lines a few pgs back. i appreciate u bc sometimes i also didn't understand why jennie was hated so much. not even a jennie fan, i was just curious as to what i wasn't seeing that others were. but these days (and with the help of this thread lol) i find myself questioning jennie's character more and more. the thing is, jennie did state that she picks her outfits or at the very least plays a role in what she wears. now, if for whatever reason she's lying then okay.. but we can't just assume everything she says is a lie. that doesn't make sense. jennie said it herself so until it is somehow disproved, i'm gonna take her word for it. with that in mind, she is purposefully choosing outfits that make her stand out in such a way that even jennie fans can't help but notice the jarring contrast between her and the other girls. to be frank, she looks the leader. there are many examples in the thread of that. why she chooses to wear clothes like that if she secretly doesn't wanna fill her "pseudo-leadership" position (which is a theory i held before) is a mystery to me. if jennie doesn't like being the center of attention but yg is forcing her, then i'd assume that areas where she does have a bit more creative freedom (like her stage outfits), she'd do her best to do the opposite. but she isn't and is instead playing into her role.

now the whole nitpicking thing: i do not rly consider myself a kpop fan and even as a fan of bp, i listen to them pretty casually compared to die-hard blinks, so i've always felt like an outsider looking in. now i've noticed kpop fans do tend to over analyze and create scenarios in their head from out of context pictures, gifs, or videos and it makes me cringe a lot lol but this thread does have a bit of leeway because it is, first and foremost, a gossip thread, not a jennie appreciation thread. bc of how little there is to go off of in regards to jennie's real personality, ppl don't rly have much of a choice when looking for some substance. so yeah, there's gonna be a lot of tinfoil theories, deductions, and analyzing, which ultimately from what has been gathered tends to paint jennie in a negative light, mostly in relation to the other girls. it's an unfortunate side-effect that the favoritism towards jennie makes her looks bad when seeing how unfairly the others are treated, especially rosé. however, if u haven't found any evidence yourself of jennie's sometimes questionable attitude/decisions, read some of the instances pointed out on the thread if u have time. i wouldn't say its incriminating evidence but it did make me think.

i think we can all agree that yg is an asshole and despite being the creator of blackpink is also the worst thing to happen to them. his favoritism creates rivalry and hostility between the members, their fans, etc. and it's honestly so frustrating. and ofc poor rosé is getting the short end of the stick when she deserves so much better.

Edited by rurihari

Posted

Is it bad that I can't see BlackPink members being too successful when the group does disband in the future? I feel like Jennie might have a few things in the pipeline but I feel they'll all fade away in time. I can see Jisoo doing acting but I'm not sure about the other girls. They're good as a unit performing together but I can't see them as soloists in the media and music industry 

that’s sadly how it goes. Also we’ve seen it in the past with western girl group ALL the members will fade. Beyoncé is an anomaly which labels are trying to recreate but it always fails. Camilla Cabello’s debut did good because of the scandal & also the songs were a bit catchy I’m gonna give her that but now everything she puts out isn’t sticking. Camila reached her peak with Havana.

Spice girls made a reunion tour and made 74 million with it, but that’s because they are iconic. If Destiny’s Child would do a reunion tour they would do amazing too. BP & 5H are not they are/were very popular but they left/or are leaving nothing that has impact on culture. 

It’s just how it goes. Also Kpop in the west will eventually fade in a year or two. 

BP will only have careers in korea maybe but not worldwide. I mean they did coachella and still nobody bought their EP in america. The reason  they got a gold certification is because american blinks were mass streaming, nobody actually bought because there is no actual interest. People were putting BP all over their social media for clout but in reality nobody bought the music... the reason talkshows are inviting them is because kpop draws in views and kpop is hot right now lol.

Posted

wtf no need to be rude

Sorry if I was rude but WK are banned on this forum, Jennie gets shit because she basically ask for it most of the time 

Posted

hello. former blink, former jennie biased and now a rosénator.

Posted

So, #JissoDeservesBetter. We can't have a day without a # now, can we?

Judge for yourselves:

Posted

So, #JissoDeservesBetter. We can't have a day without a # now, can we?

Judge for yourselves:

blinks are vicious.

Posted

Ok blinks are dramatic but I barely saw jisoo lol.

Posted

Ok blinks are dramatic but I barely saw jisoo lol.

I don't know, this is literally a 30 seconds ad and clearly, the only star and focus is Lisa. Jisoo actually has several focus shots, but they lasted for a split second. Adidas did her dirty with the whole not posting her pic on IG thing, but this is ridiculous to me. The top tweets on the # were people saying that as a visual she should be the main. But with 2NE1 Adidas always made CL the lead and you didn't see Blackjacks losing their shit over it.