• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

9876 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

the depth of blackpink lyrics 🥰🥰🥰 and the fact that ppl praise this eye- 👁👁👁👁

7A1D56C9-D2AB-4159-B666-292C3960E128.jpeg

B1BC0F6E-4C70-4B72-AD1A-15B662E734C5.jpeg

What the f*** are they even talking about? It’s really not that deep. It’s not even deep at all. It’s pretty shallow. It’s got the depth of a small rain puddle. And the fact that they can see and hear that and think it’s a philosophical piece of commentary is peak Dududu-delusional.

Edited by Himchul

Posted (edited)

What are the demographics of their fanbase? Is it true that they're all children (so they don't have disposable income; ie they can't buy the album and have to rely on streaming)? If most of their fans are from SEA, do they stream more because it's more popular/common to do so there? If they're from China, do they have to use a VPN to listen to BP? Can their Chinese fans not buy their music (because of they hallyu ban or something else idk)? I'm asking because I'm genuinely curious.

It really makes no sense to me. No one cares about Youtube views. If you want them to succeed so badly, just buy it. A purchased physical or digital copy is worth more than a stream anyway. They complain that YG doesn't let BP have comebacks, but y'all aren't making them enough money for it to be profitable. Of course the girls have to model; how else will YG make any money from them? Why would a company that has to manage other groups and pay expenses spend money for a group whose fans can't/won't even buy their music? Make it make sense.

Blinks really are the Barbz of kpop. Just loud, childish, and broke.

Edited by giblante

Posted

on that jimmy fallon performance, lisa was the only one that sounded strong and good imo. in the begninning they were all off key. jennie stayed off throughout the entire song. rose got better by the bridge, lisa was pretty good throughout the song, and jisoo fluctuated too. i'm sure it's due to them not performing much but do they not have stage practices? it's unlistenable, especially jennie, her vocals hurt my ears. they should keep her as a rapper

Posted

Blinks tryna come up with a deeper meaning like..

23211C2C-98CA-4486-AF23-70132C2CB6DA.jpeg

The fact the Blinks made more content than the group and company. Now they literally had to invent stuff just to prove everyone how "successful" they are. 

Posted

the depth of blackpink lyrics 🥰🥰🥰 and the fact that ppl praise this eye- 👁👁👁👁

7A1D56C9-D2AB-4159-B666-292C3960E128.jpeg

B1BC0F6E-4C70-4B72-AD1A-15B662E734C5.jpeg

xxcnj7vv8nox.gif

Posted

on that jimmy fallon performance, lisa was the only one that sounded strong and good imo. in the begninning they were all off key. jennie stayed off throughout the entire song. rose got better by the bridge, lisa was pretty good throughout the song, and jisoo fluctuated too. i'm sure it's due to them not performing much but do they not have stage practices? it's unlistenable, especially jennie, her vocals hurt my ears. they should keep her as a rapper

Glad I'm not the only one. The song is trash, the choreography is boring and doesn't help bring it to "meh" territory like Let's Kill This Love did (That lean back "gun" motion is great, I don't remember jack shit about this new song) only good thing to come from it is their upgraded styles (Though I think the blonde/pink on Jennie is way too big for her small face, they shouldn't have pulled it back as far as they did).

I wish these Blinks would be okay with admitting the song is nowhere close to being good so that BP could GET some GOOD songs again. Why do you want to be okay with mediocrity? 

Anyone know what korean fans think?

Posted

blink fandom is full of solo stans. this isn't new, but it's weird. they have like, a disproportionate amount of solo stans compared to other groups.

it really is- there are accounts that solely only support one member while flat out stating that they aren't blinks. toxic fandoms are toxic fandoms

Posted

I mean if Black Pink is really the top GG, SK and the whole entertainment would milk anything from them. 

I believe TWICE is still top cause they are literally everywhere. Non kpop people know who they are. The fact their own fans think that the group is overworked since they put out so much.

BP already admitted the company doesn't give them projects that Rosè had to tell Jisoo she's bored.

Sure BP is famous internationally, but on SK their sales, fanbase, or their local media shows which group or person the country promotes. 

Armies are bad as Blinks but at least each member have his talent and can manage on their own.

Blinks should focused their energy on YG, the company was the one sabotaging their own talent. Not letting them attend local shows, 2 members get projects, long period no comeback or promotion. So much stuff recycled. Can't even have a proper fan meetings. 

They will always be compared to 2NE1 since the company publicly said they were the replacement. I agree it was a bad decision from the company. Did SM threw away SNSD when they started launching more girl groups? No. TWICE is still here even though JYP debuted ITZY and both groups are great. Not the same kind and have their own style. 

What I'm saying is YG can manage both girl groups but dropped the other one while they were still popular.

I mean the company figured out blinks will buy anything BP. Why bother releasing music and multiple albums when most fans buy merch and stream?

The fact some are saying the earn that spot, no they came from a top 3 group. Which got them a lot of privilege, they are manifactured too like other groups.

Lady Gaga and Dua Lipa are the only ones that had a collab with them musically. I don't see other international musicans, B or C list celebs begging to work with them.

Most news I heard about them are about crazy fans and controversies. No need to have streaming parties, rent computers or anything if they have enough content to release. 

Posted (edited)

OT:

Hidden Content

(OT) As an EA person, I don't find it offensive for people of other races to wear our traditional clothing as long as it's done in a respectful way that pays homage to our fashion rather than as a costume/charicature. I've seen many people wear Chinese Traditional dresses to proms because they admire how beautifully crafted the silk is and how intricately woven the flowers are on it and I think that's perfectly fine. 

edit: this is my take on it because if people genuinely want to learn about the culture in a respectful manner, it shouldn't be something to berate them for but I understand if others feel differently. If a Korean person were to wear a cheongsam (a Chinese dress) at a festival despite it not being "their culture" nobody would bat an eye, but if a white person wore it, it would be wrong? a lot of us actually really enjoy celebrating our culture to those who are kind and open minded.

Edited by Joyie

Posted

xxcnj7vv8nox.gif

They really have the guts to defend and fight anyone for this group. The company and the girls doesn't give that much attention to their own fans. Like a one sided relationship. 

Posted (edited)

Jennie's blonde e-girl hair with the lighting in the comeback vlive just made me realise how eggy she looked. It looks like her forehead reached to the middle of her scalp and I couldn't help being reminded of Lily Rose-Depp whenever I looked at her. Maybe that's the look they were trying to go for considering that Lily is the Chanel Muse and Jennie lags behind as a House Ambassador.

Edited by Bumbumbum

Posted (edited)

also wow BTS fans are lacking. i'd expect to see suga at #1, but maybe they just don't care about this kind of stuff? 

It's just a random poll made by a twitter account... I purposefully didn't vote because it's so obvious to me who the real rappers are in the kpop scene (and none of them are lisa or jennie lol). Blinks wasting their energy on stuff like this is exactly why YG doesn't turn a profit at the end of the day. 

Edited by larme

Posted (edited)

it's speculated that the trending page is not an algorithm but people that cherry pick things. I'm sure interscope is involved , owns shares bc it's owned by Universal Music group which is the biggest and most common company that copyrights things left end right even it's super in the background. blackpink still being #1 trending and #15  is such media play. I'm not surprised at the outrage on twitter

Edited by ishouldbeatuni

Posted (edited)

i mean…this a lace front. 🧐 

1DA966DB-1403-4C21-AEDD-F294D90E15F7.jpeg

A0B8A3CC-544C-4D71-BA8E-2E691D5D4ADA.jpeg

jennie said gimme that narcissa malfoy but reverse it, fam. 

15523199-43AB-4BE9-8020-DB9F3203BDCE.jpeg

jennie said i want that rogue from x-men last stand tease, fam. 

D7FF318B-EDB0-4D5D-A6AC-013D579CC185.jpeg

Edited by cleopatra jones