• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

9876 posts in this topic

Posted

So apparently the plan of releasing singles before the release of the actual full album in September... I will not be surprised if their full album gets delayed to next year, because it's YG we're talking about. 

Though I really am not sure how will the momentum of releasing songs will affect the success of their full album on the charts, but I'm sure their physical sales will be good since blinks literally will eat up any blackpink content.

Posted

not surprised about the pushback, but i'm genuinely interested in seeing blackpink's first full album. the title track can remain being d4 and ktl-esque, loud edm, i don't expect anything more. but i hope the b-sides show some variety and promise. out of all their past b-sides, i liked kick it and don't know what to do best.

i hope the title track takes more from aiiyl than d4 or ktl, we need some bounciness from them in the summer. and hopefully it'll force them to give lots of energy on stage.

ONE REQUEST I HAVE IS PLEASE GIVE THEM A PROPER LAST CHORUS.... I'm so tired of Teddy throwing away the song and just throwing edm or chants, like D4's edm breakdown or KTL's "LET'S KILL THIS LOVE YEAH ITS SAD BUT TRUE" chant part. i literally always stop the songs when it gets to that part.

Posted

not surprised about the pushback, but i'm genuinely interested in seeing blackpink's first full album. the title track can remain being d4 and ktl-esque, loud edm, i don't expect anything more. but i hope the b-sides show some variety and promise. out of all their past b-sides, i liked kick it and don't know what to do best.

i hope the title track takes more from aiiyl than d4 or ktl, we need some bounciness from them in the summer. and hopefully it'll force them to give lots of energy on stage.

ONE REQUEST I HAVE IS PLEASE GIVE THEM A PROPER LAST CHORUS.... I'm so tired of Teddy throwing away the song and just throwing edm or chants, like D4's edm breakdown or KTL's "LET'S KILL THIS LOVE YEAH ITS SAD BUT TRUE" chant part. i literally always stop the songs when it gets to that part.

Omg THIS! I would never forget how they did forever young dirty with that last edm breakdown part! It genuinely ruined the vibes of the song

Posted

Omg THIS! I would never forget how they did forever young dirty with that last edm breakdown part! It genuinely ruined the vibes of the song

how could i forget forever young. actually the WORST example from their whole discography.

Posted

Long time lurker first time poster in this thread.

i believe that we are getting the 2 singles, June and July or Augusta but I won’t believe the FULL album in September until I see it

Posted

Wasn’t aiiyl supposed to be a pre-release for a full album? I‘m getting war flashbacks. And I think they should have been able to give a date for their june music video, but it looks like they’re still preparing for it and don’t know the exact release date themselves. Assuming that they actually release the full album in september (which at this point I wouldn’t count on) and bts are having their comeback in october, there’s also a chance they end up getting kicked off the charts too soon. I see a lot of excitement over this announcement, but to me it looks more like yg is stalling.

Posted

If y'all want a chorus you're gonna have to stan a different group 😂

Posted (edited)

I won't believe anything untill I see it with my eyes. YG keeps making promises but never really fulfils them.

Also, related to the "who's the most interested in doing music and performing" topic, this video is the answer to all the questions

Rosè, along with Jisoo is the only one who is giving her 100%. 

I know that it's just a rehearsal, but I'm used to seeing groups like Twice, NCT, Gfriend, BTS, ITZY and Seventeen doing their best at it too and I find so wierd the way blackpink are behaving.

Just look at Jennie at 9:47... I can't acutally believe that there are people who praise her in the comments for this too

Edited by JeonNadia

Posted

I won't believe anything untill I see it with my eyes. YG keeps making promises but never really fulfils them.

Also, related to the "who's the most interested in doing music and performing" topic, this video is the answer to all the questions

I know that it's just a rehearsal, but I'm used to seeing groups like Twice, NCT, Gfriend, BTS, ITZY and Seventeen doing their best at it too and I find so wierd the way blackpink are behaving.

Just look at Jennie at 9:47... I can't acutally believe that there are people who praise her in the comments for this too

the excuse will be these are just rehearsals but honestly her actual performances are only slightly more energetic. If she suffers from motion sickness or whatever she picked the wrong career. She could have still been in idol but not an idol of a performing girl group.

Posted

I honestly did not expect this approach on the comeback. We shall have to see if its beneficial or not.

We talked about lisa getting her solo in orevipus pages, but looking at this comeback plan i doubt it, unles she is going to debut in Q4

Posted

I can't not think of the fact that if whoever works on this album started to work on it for only 30 minutes per day since after ktl, still we had a propper scheduled full album and not this "we can't say details" rushed thing

Posted

I get what you mean, but I think rehearsals are the one thing I wouldn't drag them for. After all Jennie and Lisa get three times the work that Rose and Jisoo get, so they're probably more tired or exhausted in general. If I was in their shoes I also wouldn't put all my energy into rehearsals lol

Posted

the excuse will be these are just rehearsals but honestly her actual performances are only slightly more energetic. If she suffers from motion sickness or whatever she picked the wrong career. She could have still been in idol but not an idol of a performing girl group.

I don't even know what sort of motion sickness she is meant to be suffering from. People here probably relate too, but I have motion sickness which also gives me migraines. I'm not a fan of using tablets (which seem to work for a lot of people) but you now have those bands that help too (Seabands?) which is probably preferable. Even if these don't work for her, I have a hard time believing that she hasn't been to a doctor to talk about this as she has to travel a lot and hasn't found options that suit her or make her feel at least a bit better. 

As for releasing singles before a full album. I won't be surprised if they also release physical copies of said singles with some photo books so Blinks buy them. Then if they ever do release an album (half of which will probably be old songs) they can make more profit from people who already bought the singles. It's all just profit based, and that's not considering buying the song on iTunes and whatever else is used these days.

Posted

I don't even know what sort of motion sickness she is meant to be suffering from. People here probably relate too, but I have motion sickness which also gives me migraines. I'm not a fan of using tablets (which seem to work for a lot of people) but you now have those bands that help too (Seabands?) which is probably preferable. Even if these don't work for her, I have a hard time believing that she hasn't been to a doctor to talk about this as she has to travel a lot and hasn't found options that suit her or make her feel at least a bit better. 

As for releasing singles before a full album. I won't be surprised if they also release physical copies of said singles with some photo books so Blinks buy them. Then if they ever do release an album (half of which will probably be old songs) they can make more profit from people who already bought the singles. It's all just profit based, and that's not considering buying the song on iTunes and whatever else is used these days.

This is slightly OT but I've been using Seabands for years and they really do work. There is also very light medicene that helps with motion sickness I take when I had to fly back in the day.  Sadly I can't remember the name but I may still have the bottle I'll look for it tonight. 

Posted (edited)

Now I’m 100% sure that the album was a mini but they decided to delay and make a full one.

Also their comeback was supposed to be in April the first time, so that means that they lied back then as well and most likely had nothing ready? They are a shitshow honestly, you’ve had all this time to work on this but you still have to delay multiple times smh...

I can't not think of the fact that if whoever works on this album started to work on it for only 30 minutes per day since after ktl, still we had a propper scheduled full album and not this "we can't say details" rushed thing

lmao “30 minutes a day”, but sadly enough it’s probably true.

————————

As for Jennie’s motion sickness, it magically disappears when she has to perform her solo. So maybe she has found the cure to motion sickness: going solo. Her solo was later on in the show so saying she was tired from dancing wouldn’t work either.

She never addressed it because she knows that dancing doesn’t cause motion sickness, a simple google search will tell you that. Instead she took a photo on a boat and put her seaband on display, she also turned her head at one point to “accidentally” show a motion sickness sticker behind her ear in a video. Because altho she doesn’t want to say it as people will call her out on it obviously not being true, she wanted to allude to it in a subtle way.

But it didn’t work cause nobody believes it lol. They still call it lazy dancing which I agree is harsh but it is true.

Edited by thegoldenhour