• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1180 posts in this topic

Posted

I also assume that he wants to have control over their present and future careers but I still don't get how this is supposed to benefit him in the long run. As for BP/Jennie being breadwinners, how are they supposed to be that if they are already losing their fan base because of their inconsistency, solo stans and obvious favouritism towards Jennie? Why would he debut a GG ,just to profit off of 1 member from fairly early on (his favouritism already became apparent in 2017) and sabotage them ,instead of growing a strong fanbase consistently ,which would result in more stable and long-term revenue ,like with BB or 2ne1?

BB have been under his agency for over a decade, even though their members all had relatively successful solos, respectively (despite even early scandals ) .They would've had no problems debuting as soloists (especially Taeyang and GD) all his time,since they are also involved in their work and don't just let Teddy do everything. YG had a consistent money flow through them.

As for CL and the rest of 2ne1,CL's hype might be gone but she still teases solo work,has gotten a campaign with Urban Decay and the GP still would love for 2ne1 to come back with all of it's members. People are also treating Bom well,despite turning their backs on her for her drug scandal. Both BB and 2ne1 cultivated a solid fanbase throughout the years,which BP lacks.

Why go through the hassle of debuting a GG,sabotage them in the process,make people lose interest in their music/their members (and thus not letting them reach their full potential ,neither in terms of talent nor in terms of money) just to debut a new group after a few years? That doesn't even make sense money-wise. I don't have much hope for future groups ,if he plans on repeating the same formula as with BP : 1 cb a year with 4-5 songs but still no full album after 3 years. And let's be honest, Teddy's muse has kissed him good bye long ago, so what's gonna set the new group apart from the rest?Unless he decides to let them part take in the writing process (which BP are not involved in generally,unlike some of his other groups).

The only two members I see jump ship after their contract expires are Rose and Lisa. Rose is aware of the fact that fans have been noticing that her solo is taking so long, hence her liking comments about betrayal and whatnot and often reassuring blinks that it'll come eventually. Heck,she mentions it on every IG live. I think that she already feels a certain way about how she's treated under YG and I'm sure she'll be the first to seek her opportunities elsewhere,

I'm so sorry for the long post guys, but this gremlin (YG) just makes me really angry lol

2ne1 was also threated unfairly, they have their princess and they just promote her, thats it, the other 2 (since Lisa is being fairly promoted) will just sign with them if they are not brave enough because they will lack the public and fandom.

Posted

Despite 2NE1s major success they were still treated pretty badly. Werent they called unattractive by YG in the past? They wanted to push CL in the same way they are doing Jennie now and for what? Will they throw Jennie onto the back burner like they did for CL? I don't understand why they debut GG groups to the treat one member great and above the rest and then still throw the same member under the bus later on? 

Posted

Despite 2NE1s major success they were still treated pretty badly. Werent they called unattractive by YG in the past? They wanted to push CL in the same way they are doing Jennie now and for what? Will they throw Jennie onto the back burner like they did for CL? I don't understand why they debut GG groups to the treat one member great and above the rest and then still throw the same member under the bus later on? 

This tbh. It would be understandable and slightly (but not much) better if pushing a certain select member of the group actually adds value and attention to the group (the case of seolhyun, suzy etc) but from what I see it’s not really adding value to blackpink? Obviously, said pushed members will create a shadow for the rest of the group but these groups are groups that could help this extra push. But with the scale of Blackpink, there wasn’t the need to push One Particular Member when they debuted with somewhat even popularity to begin with. And especially since it doesn’t seem like she’s actually becoming what’s directing attention or recognition to bp either. If I don’t know much about AOA or Miss A, I can tell it’s them the moment I see Seolhyun’s or Suzy’s face. But with blackpink, I don’t think anyone identifies them because they see Jennie’s face but they know its blackpink because their brand image as a whole is so recognisable. It feels like instead of pushing Jennie to push Blackpink, theyre pushing blackpink to push jennie, which shouldn’t be the case if you want to debut a girl group.

Posted

about the thread itself: 

Is it an idea to either make this thread about all blackpink members or make different threads about the other members? I feel like the things discussed here aren't just jennie anymore. 

Posted

Aside of the ridiculous price for VIP (around 300€), where's Jennie's power? Where's Lisa's? I would talk about the other two but they are not promoted nor are they followed that much on sns. I guess bots couldnt go.

My korean skills aren’t great but doesn’t it say 88000원 for VIP? That’s about €67? Not 300?

Posted (edited)

My korean skills aren’t great but doesn’t it say 88000원 for VIP? That’s about €67? Not 300?

Thats the normal ticket from what I got.

normal: 90.000won

VIP: 300.000won

Wouldnt be weird since their VIP concert ticket was +500€ in Europe.

Edit: Yeah you are right lol I'm blind, specially at the hour I saw that, but the price just makes it worse...if it was expensive they could have an excuse.

Edited by arinbunny

Posted (edited)

So, this is happening: https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2019/09/enter-talk-blackpinks-fanmeeting-thats.html?m=1

Aside of the ridiculous price for VIP (around 300€), where's Jennie's power? Where's Lisa's? I would talk about the other two but they are not promoted nor are they followed that much on sns. I guess bots couldnt go.

Their private stage has been flopping ever since it came out and now the fan projects are being rejected as well. With all the backlash from their world tour being too expensive I'm sure people were expecting for the prices to change, but instead it's the same, if not worse. Blinks are the definition of ignorance is bliss and think "clapping back" with cringy comments is going to save the girls from being EVEN CLOSER to disbandment now. When it won't help at all! A fanmeet not selling out is worse than a concert not selling out because it shows that their Korean fans don't want to pay to interact with them. Fanmeets are one of the biggest selling points for a kpop group, so how come their K fans aren't jumping at the opportunity to do it? Because YG thinks that his idols are above fan culture and that Blackpink are "too exclusive" to connect with normal fans. Jennie can't distract the public forever and now Blackpink are losing the only fanbase that they need the most. They're just not special anymore in Korea's eyes because now almost every girl group is debuting with girl crush. Blinks need to swallow their pride and realise that Big3 privilege isn't going to help the girls forever, they NEED to start actually BUYING their projects and not just rely on Youtube views to somehow convince YG of a comeback. They need to start becoming an actual fandom, fast. Blackpink are considered a top tier group, in both the male and female league, but they can't even manage to sell out a fanmeet in a hall when their rivals are doing fan activities in sold out stadiums. YG/Blinks needs to stop getting ahead of themselves and realise that Blackpink's popularity has gone from worldwide to a newly debuted rookie group in a sad amount of time. Blinks need to stop with the international fame excuse, because it doesn't work in their case. There's been so much proof of them not even coming close to being the top girl group in US but Blinks just think a Youtube record = Beyoncé's level of fame. It's not even something to brag about because it just shows that their fans aren't committed to their craft fully, they just want to listen to them and look at them for free. I don't even get why they're having a fanmeet when there's no material to fanmeet about but that's just YG for you, milking them for fast money. But it backfired. :alpacamad:

Edited by tokyoyoongi

Posted (edited)

Their private stage has been flopping ever since it came out and now the fan projects are being rejected as well. With all the backlash from their world tour being too expensive I'm sure people were expecting for the prices to change, but instead it's the same, if not worse. Blinks are the definition of ignorance is bliss and think "clapping back" with cringy comments is going to save the girls from being EVEN CLOSER to disbandment now. When it won't help at all! A fanmeet not selling out is worse than a concert not selling out because it shows that their Korean fans don't want to pay to interact with them. Fanmeets are one of the biggest selling points for a kpop group, so how come their K fans aren't jumping at the opportunity to do it? Because YG thinks that his idols are above fan culture and that Blackpink are "too exclusive" to connect with normal fans. Jennie can't distract the public forever and now Blackpink are losing the only fanbase that they need the most. They're just not special anymore in Korea's eyes because now almost every girl group is debuting with girl crush. Blinks need to swallow their pride and realise that Big3 privilege isn't going to help the girls forever, they NEED to start actually BUYING their projects and not just rely on Youtube views to somehow convince YG of a comeback. They need to start becoming an actual fandom, fast. Blackpink are considered a top tier group, in both the male and female league, but they can't even manage to sell out a fanmeet in a hall when their rivals are doing fan activities in sold out stadiums. YG/Blinks needs to stop getting ahead of themselves and realise that Blackpink's popularity has gone from worldwide to a newly debuted rookie group in a sad amount of time. Blinks need to stop with the international fame excuse, because it doesn't work in their case. There's been so much proof of them not even coming close to being the top girl group in US but Blinks just think a Youtube record = Beyoncé's level of fame. It's not even something to brag about because it just shows that their fans aren't committed to their craft fully, they just want to listen to them and look at them for free. I don't even get why they're having a fanmeet when there's no material to fanmeet about but that's just YG for you, milking them for fast money. But it backfired. :alpacamad:

Honestly, (G)-Idle is about to throw the whole group into the trash can, YG is doing SO BAD that half the fandom left and the rest are akgaes so they are not interested in seeing the whole group in a fansign, this + Jennie being favoured scandal + YG's scandal itself...a mess, I know YG expected BP to pay their debts since they are their most selling group atm...which says a lot, but at this rate they are not paying shit.

Edit: So, Rosalía just sold out her concert in the same stadium as BP in Barcelona in under 2 minutes...It took BP like 3 months.

Edited by arinbunny

Posted

Honestly, (G)-Idle is about to throw the whole group into the trash can, YG is doing SO BAD that half the fandom left and the rest are akgaes so they are not interested in seeing the whole group in a fansign, this + Jennie being favoured scandal + YG's scandal itself...a mess, I know YG expected BP to pay their debts since they are their most selling group atm...which says a lot, but at this rate they are not paying shit.

Tea. (G)-Idle, Itzy or Everglow. All rookie groups. YG should've really thought about it when he decided to give BP a US debut because it's turning into Wonder Girls 2.0 fast. YG's scandals are mostly the problem, but it's also just people getting sick of being lied to. As much as I love the girls, you can find a girl crush group with visuals, expensive music videos and fun personalities everywhere now, and they'll also come with a more filled up discography. I used to think that they could make it till their contract renewal as a group but now I don't even think they're going to last 2 years. But I hope I'm wrong. :alpacadone: 

Posted (edited)

Tea. (G)-Idle, Itzy or Everglow. All rookie groups. YG should've really thought about it when he decided to give BP a US debut because it's turning into Wonder Girls 2.0 fast. YG's scandals are mostly the problem, but it's also just people getting sick of being lied to. As much as I love the girls, you can find a girl crush group with visuals, expensive music videos and fun personalities everywhere now, and they'll also come with a more filled up discography. I used to think that they could make it till their contract renewal as a group but now I don't even think they're going to last 2 years. But I hope I'm wrong. :alpacadone: 

kill this love couldn't even get an all-kill on korean music charts and its peak was #3 on melon despite breaking records on youtube. if they have a comeback any time soon (earlier the better imo bc their popularity seems to be fading and who knows if they're going to be relevant 6 months later) it won't do any better than ktl unless they release a FANTATIC title song. pity to see a group with potential burn out so fast like this. 

slightly OT but i noticed how their stage outifts became....less creative? after asiyl. I read that their original stylist moved to work for twice now (plus the woman who made the stage outfit for jennie for GDA 2018 [the black lace dress] turned out to be a fatphobic scammer who plagarized from several designers including Alexander McQueen plus she was involved in the burning sun scandal)

Edited by sk2

Posted

YG did reject offers for the others, at least for Rosé it was confirmed by Elle Australia itself. 

can someone explain to me why companies reject offers ?

Posted

Basically YG is holding ChaeSoo down, that way it would be harder for them to have the confidence to leave.

Posted (edited)

Basically YG is holding ChaeSoo down, that way it would be harder for them to have the confidence to leave.

Yes, there are a variety of reasons companies can reject offers. There could be personal issues of a company not liking another one (it’s not always a smart business move but companies can be petty- don’t expect anything from anyone) or it can be basically what arinbunny said. It could also be because they’re too busy and there’s another offer that’s paying them more. The company could’ve saw the request too late and the offer could’ve expired (if it’s a reveal for something coming out soon). Sometimes, an offer will come but the offer can backtrack and not want anyone from the company anymore. Even bad reputations can cause an offer to fall through or never happen. You never know.

Edited by cocacolaontherocks