• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

2950 posts in this topic

Posted

I just find this video about Jenny and I thought I need to share it with you.
At some points she looks like having a panic attack. Maybe something is wrong with her mental health?

the video

It was posted already, I think its because YG's going down.

Posted

It was posted already, I think its because YG's going down.

Really? She is having a panic attack mid-event because "YG is going down"? I don't see that as likely. I think it's more like because her mental health has been affected by all the harsh criticism, most of it pretty unwarranted nowadays, and she is afraid of performing, especially in front of a crowd with influencers who have been making fun of her. I look at that video and only thing I feel is sorry for her. 

Posted

Really? She is having a panic attack mid-event because "YG is going down"? I don't see that as likely. I think it's more like because her mental health has been affected by all the harsh criticism, most of it pretty unwarranted nowadays, and she is afraid of performing, especially in front of a crowd with influencers who have been making fun of her. I look at that video and only thing I feel is sorry for her. 

This was months after her scandals and nobody really critizes her anymore, the only issue rn is YG's, I dont know if you understand that ALL YG groups and soloist are being boycotted in SK. In the west she was just fine cause nobody gaf, but not in Asia.

Posted (edited)

i personally don’t really like her as much as i used to anymore but it’s more out of annoyance. so here’s my really long rant 

1. her peak in stage presence was 2016/early 2017. the girl really knew how to hype up a crowd, like just look at their early japanese concerts after that...what happened
  2. her lazy dancing. she’s been pretty lazy even before the DDDD promotions and her fans have been making so many excuses for it. it’s so unfair to lisa, rose, jisoo, AND blinks because while those three members work so hard to impress their fans, and those fans paid overpriced tickets just to listen to 10 songs live/some covers, all they see is a slacking jennie. you can’t even say that she was hurt or anything, because her lazy scandal happened when she was doing solo promotions, and she was dancing perfectly fine. the same concert footage of her slacking during boombayah was the same concert which she showcased solo, where she gave it her all so i don’t know how privileged she thinks she is to slack off but this ain’t it... yeri from red velvet seems like she’s slacking off, but in reality she’s just a bad dancer (say this as a reveluv) however she received so much hate and no one defended her, not even after she said that she sometimes had to get put on IV tubes (during power up promos) and she even threw up after performances (during rookie promos), meanwhile jennie gets shielded :/
  3. her dating scandal. dating def isn’t a crime, but again, i’m annoyed. jennie breaking a “rule” that they have to follow but we all know that she’s YG’s princess so he obviously doesn’t care, but imagine if it was with the other girls. girl has time to date but not time to improve her dancing.
  4. this one isnt really on jennie but more on YG. the complete favoritism...and for WHAT! what does jennie have that rose, lisa, and jisoo don’t? i just don’t understand...rose and lisa are outstanding performers and their stage presence is top notch, jisoo gets better and better every comeback while jennie just gets worse. blackpink is literally just jennie and friends, and jennie seems much happier doing solo work instead of being in a group tbh. 8 months later and i’m still waiting for any other news of the other girl’s solos. 8 months later and i’m still mad that they gave lisa an outfit that jennie’s backup dancers wore. 8 months later and i’m still pretty mad that none of the girls get an outfit HALF as good as jennie’s. but i guess jennie has to live up to that “human chanel” imprint she has. 
  5. jennie’s “talent.” her rapping (and also lisa’s) is just a blatant knock off of lisa from TLC, but apparently they’re told to mimick the accents of black artists but who knows. her singing ain’t that good either, she’s just shouting...i’m ashamed i even called it singing. her dancing, when she puts in all her effort is amazing and i’ll give her that, but lately it just isn’t there. 
  6. this one isn’t really about jennie herself but blinks. as an ex-blink the fandom is TOXIC. they trash and girl group that wears something similar to blackpink and if someone where’s something remotely close to what jennie wears “the jennieprint is so obvious!!!” like honestly, any outfit that jennie wore, someone black did it before, such as rihanna. 

the last one lowkey don’t make sense but, as a past jennie stan i just adored her so much. i bought merch, even went to see them live during their early japanese concerts. i just want her to go back to debut era. if she can’t put as much effort into blackpink as she can her solo and modeling, then she has to pick a struggle and drop one. if she suffers from depression or anything that is affecting her, i want her to stop promoting and get help. as someone who has suffered from depression, and seen many of my close friends suffer from it, it hurts to know that someone that i used to adore could suffer from it too. 

tl;dr: i want debut jennie back

Edited by superrookie
wrong slash thing

Posted

This was months after her scandals and nobody really critizes her anymore, the only issue rn is YG's, I dont know if you understand that ALL YG groups and soloist are being boycotted in SK. In the west she was just fine cause nobody gaf, but not in Asia.

I have friends who live in Korea and I like some Korean groups and have been following the situation in SK regarding BS, Greasy, the higher ups and YG, so of course I understand that. And because I know that and somewhat know Korean, I know that the criticism of her group is still mainly on her, and that it isn't true that nobody really criticizes her anymore. There were plenty of popular posts on sites in recent times asking for the other three girls to leave YG and save themselves sans Jennie. And saying how it is a shame that BP is going down because of YG, again, sans Jennie. People are saying that she deserves to lose everything because there must've been a reason YG was pushing her the most.

Posted

I have friends who live in Korea and I like some Korean groups and have been following the situation in SK regarding BS, Greasy, the higher ups and YG, so of course I understand that. And because I know that and somewhat know Korean, I know that the criticism of her group is still mainly on her, and that it isn't true that nobody really criticizes her anymore. There were plenty of popular posts on sites in recent times asking for the other three girls to leave YG and save themselves sans Jennie. And saying how it is a shame that BP is going down because of YG, again, sans Jennie. People are saying that she deserves to lose everything because there must've been a reason YG was pushing her the most.

Link to those post? 

Posted

I know this might come off as a W/K but that's fine. I admit that Jennie is my Bias and I love her wholeheartedly. However, I'm not one to let my emotions cloud my judgment on when someone does some thing wrong etc. Also heads up that this is going to be a VERY long post.

In regards to the recent allegations of Jennie. I feel like there is something wrong with her, like her mental health is not in the best shape atm and I feel like it hasn't been for awhile. Jennie has seem to always be the easiest target when it comes to online bullying, whether it be comments about her being dressed better than other members, treated better than other members / being favored, having a "princess complex" compared to other BP members, and the list goes on. It seems that the blame is always shifted to Jennie when it comes to bad outfits for the other members or the managements choices on how to treat the other members. I don't feel like Jennie should be blame for any of this and I also feel like solo stans (of all members including Jennie) have caused so much online harassment of other members as well. I'm not saying that Jennie is the only member to receive bullying or harassment, but she tends to get the most.

I've been following BP since their pre-debut sneak peeks and I've been an avid follower since. I've noticed that Jennie tends to bring out alot of stage presence when performing. However when you see how she acts off-stage it's an entirely different person. On stage she seems more charismatic, badass etc. But when interacting when not performing she's more shy and introvert. She's only more playful and comfortable about her close friends and BP members. 

That being said, Jennie has been said to have a "princess complex", favoritism within YG, etc. However, I just wanted to point out if this was really the case, would BP members really treat Jennie the way they do now? You can see that all 4 members clearly love and care for one another deeply. If there were any form of Jennie thinking she was better than the other's being favorited by YG I doubt the other girls would sit idley by and put on a fake smile and fake kindess to Jennie. I just wanted to point out how this was obvious with other GG, such as 4MINUTE. You could always tell the tension between all members towards Hyuna. She got the solo career going for her, most screen time on MV"s, etc. We should not put the blame of the bad management on any artist under that entertainment company.

There's so much to say but atm I'm not sure how to word it. But I guess when it comes to any Kpop idol/artist/group. I feel it should be taken with caution what is said online and what information is being pulled/sourced. At the end of the day we never know what truly is going on within that idol's life and mind as well as what is going on behind the scene with the company management.

An example, I wanted to bring up is Taeyeon from SNSD, she received so much bullying throughout her career with SNSD and solo. So much assumptions on events and scandals that lead to so much harassment and bullying. She has been and still is struggling to deal with depression. We know that the Kpop scene is really unforgiving when it comes to mental health awareness, causing alot of suicide and mental breakdowns. There are alot of other examples I can give but this is the closest one I can think of atm. Alot of artists/idols are forced to deal with their mental health alone and secretly. Although I agree that being famous and known through out the world there will come ALOT of downsides. However we shouldn't downplay any one of their struggles. Yes there are other kpop idols working harder than Jennie, other trainees that are willing to "kill" to be in Jennies spot. But that should never excuse the hate and bullying she gets on a daily basis. We should never minimize the mental health and issues that someone is going through just because someone else out there may be "going through something worst".

I know that some of you may write this off as a "Jennie Stan" excusing Jennie for all her "shitty behavior". But I just really want to ask, what shitty thing has Jennie really done? Like I honestly want to know tbh, as I haven't seen any other than the rumor of the bullying incident. I agree that Jennie needs to take better care of her health so she doesn't stand out with her lackluster dancing when performing with the other members, but from what I've seen she's doing alot better (besides her current health issues).

Posted

Tbh I don't really think she deserves a spot here. Not to wk but the only thing she has truly done was her lazy dance scandal which could easily be explained not only by an injury (in which case, wouldn't show much in her solo stages since the choreography is quite simple and involves mostly hand movements) or even her mental health. I don't think she was ok at that time nor now, showed in the recent event where she was having trouble breathing. Just my two cents here, but I don't think being mentally ill, dating someone or being the favorite of the ceo are things that make her deserve the amount of backlash or hate she got at the time

im glad that there are some sensible opinions at least. i had a friend who said something like "people would kill to have her spot and she's being lazy?" which is quite deluded because it ain't easy to be a kpop star. 

Posted

Tbh the date thing i think it was fake, it was so random and at a hard time for YG ent and Jennie is always the easy target so why dont make a fake relationship?

I am kinda shock to see a tread about her bcs as some people already said the only thing she did was the lazy dancing. And thats not even recent, since Coachella the girl has been giving the best. And I do think she is struggling with her mental health but who woulndt? People is always talking shit about her. Is there is an article about something she did all the comments are againts her, if there is an article criticise her , people agree in the comments. True is Jennie sells alot thats why she has been almost all year long the number one female idol in branding (idk if thats how u say it in english).

So idk why she is here. 

Posted

her family really is powerful , remember how her bullying scandal got hidden under a rug so quickly?

YG made sure people believe that it's fake news but a lot of stuff didn't make sense . They arrested some dude who is apparently a YG hater? However , I don't think that the post was written by some old man . Alleged victim even posted pictures of Jennie from High school so it all seem too shady to me .

Posted (edited)

her family really is powerful , remember how her bullying scandal got hidden under a rug so quickly?

YG made sure people believe that it's fake news but a lot of stuff didn't make sense . They arrested some dude who is apparently a YG hater? However , I don't think that the post was written by some old man . Alleged victim even posted pictures of Jennie from High school so it all seem too shady to me .

i'm not the biggest fan of jennie (more of a rosé solo stan lol) and i hate yg but i just feel like it's really easy to hate the "it" girl? yeah sure jennie had really dumb media play which also irked me but is it really her fault for being the ceo's favourite? is there solid proof that her family is "powerful"? i keep seeing "oh her mom is an investor" or "oh her parent is a ceo" or whatever but where are the receipts? 

her bullying scandal got buried bc it was proven false. the op wrote stuff about how her mom was a model (and turns out she isnt lmao) and honestly it's so easy to make up stuff with a highschool yearbook. im not gonna hate her for some rumor that has little to no evidence and honestly there's just so many idols out there who had worse attitude related controversies so i dont see why a thread for jennie is necessary. 

like yeah i dont like her voice nor do i think shes a sweet angel but the backlash and hate she's getting are uncalled for?? wheres the same energy for BI who actually did drugs and got away with it bc yg sent him and the group away to japan to cover up his tracks? yeah jennie might be seen as catty but she hasn't done anything illegal.

i looked at her in a negative light during her lazy phase but she seems a lot better now and im actually feeling a little sorry bc i just saw the videos of her having trouble breathing and her weird interview tbh

she's a human before she's a celebrity you know

Edited by sk2

Posted

So idk why she is here. 

well online personalities =/= snowflake. you can discuss people on here without 100% criticism 

Posted (edited)

Leaving my 2 cents:

I followed Jennie since pre debut, didn't see anything worth praise before G-Dragon's Black came out. Clearly she couldn't rap which left me confused as to why YG was releasing those videos. Then she performed with G-Dragon live, and I loved her voice. I downloaded the audio and impatiently waited for her debut for years. Flash forward to BLACKPINK's BBHMM practice video...to say I was underwhelmed is putting it kindly. Both Lisa and Rosé were doing better. Then they released their MVs. I though her "swag" gesturing and rap in Whistle were awkward, but her singing and dancing were pretty good, and I loved her in Boombayah. Her debut stage for Whistle was pretty bad, but she did well for Boombayah and by the 3rd week she was the standout on stage. We all know she slayed the end of the year award shows that season. But then came those college festivals, and that was when I first knew something was off with her. She was acting completely unprofessional, goofing off at forgetting the lyrics to the only 4 songs they had so far, it was obvious she wasn't taking the stage seriously.

Then came the As If It's your last comeback.They all, collectively, looked like they'd lost their spark already. But again as weeks progressed she seemed to regain her enthusiasm. She did really well at that JYP show and the end of the year stages. She brought it for their Japan debut. But soon she was worse then ever, I don't need to describe it since we all saw the videos. It was not just the dancing, it was her over it facial expressions, she looked like she was holding back from rolling her eyes. I noticed it before it went viral, but had no idea it was this bad since I was no longer an avid Blink. The last straw was their first concert and her Solo stages. The completely made up motion sickness thing was ridiculous. As to the Kai thing: I was much inclined to believe it was a PR stunt, as it wouldn't be his first and it made no sense from her side, specially at that particular time. But it made her look even worse, all giddy when it came to dating, but dead inside on stage.

I have in the past and continue to this day, to think Blinks are pretty bitter about her popularity in comparison to their faves, and do go overboard with their blaming. It's clear as a day YG has always favored her and intended her to be their It Girl. But it's undeniable that Korea has been drawn to her since debut, none of the other ever created as much buzz and started trends like her, though they did get tv gigs much before her. Crediting media play is a cop out, it can't create interest that isn't already there, many other idols are media played like crazy and it never goes anywhere. This fandom is just a bunch of akgaes thrown together.

I honestly think she's not ok physically or mentally right now:

I DO think she has a pretty spoiled mindset due to her upbringing and YG treatment, this is something I got much prior to her scandal, observing her during variety shows, BLACKPINK House and award shows.

I DO think she has showed unprofessionalism in the past.

I DO think YG greatly privileges her.

BUT:

I DO know she's not really being shoved down anyone's throat, she's genuinely the member with most  appeal in Korea.

I DO think she killed it during Coachella and has been at least ok on stage since then.

I DO think she genuinely is going through something that is affecting her performance.

I find it very weird how even here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkHf5t7R4o she looks totally fine during SOLO. And like someone said before, the members really adore and even baby her, but she likes to indeed keep them out of her IG...which is exactly what Camila Cabello did when she fell out with the rests of Fifth Harmony. It's all very shady and confusing. She is victim of bullying from Blinks, but doesn't help herself with her sometimes snobbish and rude attitude. Maybe there'll be a change for the better in the future, but seeing as YG himself has now been confirmed as asking for prostitutes...this company is doomed. 

Edited by JaneJones
spelling

Posted

Weren't there in the past a lot of rumors how her parents are actually stock owners in YG? And how they sponsored BlackPink during their debut?

Also: I can't understand why she is an ambassador for Chanel, BlackPink isn't even that known in S.Korea and especially not during the time she first got her deal. Also she doesn't even represent 100 percent the beauty standard over there. And why would Chanel want a rapper (who aren't known for the most time to be graceful etc.) as someone to represent their brand? They would rather have someone like Jisoo or an actress (or a group, which is actually known there like Red Velvet) to represent their brand. YG artists aren't really because of their image (and now the scandals) perfect CF material. Also why have they not dropped her during her (and Yg's) scandals? Brands do it a lot there and have thrown someone out for less. It really seems like they paid her the way in probably to make BlackPink seem less gangster like(like the YG image is) to the general public