• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1230 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by Topsy Oxy
wrong thread

Posted

Ulzzang models/influencers be like

Imagine being so insecure you recreate your whole entire face.

You can post this in the Gangnam Unnie thread as to not derail this one.

Posted

Where can we ask mods to change the name of this thread? 

Me every time I see a blink complain about the other 3 being underpromoted when Rosé has been jobless for two years: 

ComplicatedConstantCuttlefish-size_restr

OT3 really wont get how serious this is till she puts a CL and just goes completely off on ig.

Posted

Where can we ask mods to change the name of this thread? 

Me every time I see a blink complain about the other 3 being underpromoted when Rosé has been jobless for two years: 

ComplicatedConstantCuttlefish-size_restr

OT3 really wont get how serious this is till she puts a CL and just goes completely off on ig.

She’s already dropping heavy hints on ig. Excited to see her go completely off soon unless YG gives her more promotional activities.

Posted

You can post this in the Gangnam Unnie thread as to not derail this one.

I didn't know we had one sorryy

Posted (edited)

Rose just did a live and talked about working on her solo album. She mentioned how important timing is, and it seems like that's currently one of her biggest issues.

Edited by throwingawayyouth

Posted

Rose just did a live and talked about working on her slow album. She mentioned how important timing is, and it seems like that's currently one of her biggest issues.

YG's going hard at damage control.

Posted

I really hope she gets a proper solo one day. Like I'm talking one like Jennie got and more. She's the main vocal and should be treated like one. I mean people have been asking for her solo for a looong time now. Who asked for Jennies solo?Exactly.

Posted

This is the problem YG has. They take forever to release any new music and when people complain they say they take longer for better quality music. After hearing the same BS for so long people won't believe it. 

Posted (edited)

Rose just did a live and talked about working on her solo album. She mentioned how important timing is, and it seems like that's currently one of her biggest issues.

Sadly, It's probably just damage control for her and her dad liking that diss post. Timing is important when it comes to bp promotions because it's a known fact that YG lead blinks on. It is also a big issue for obvious reasons since people need to realise that a lot has happened since Jennie's solo but I still think it means nothing. It's easy to trust Jennie's word since she clearly has somewhat of a role in the group's fate but Rosé is different. I haven't heard the live so idk the context, but I feel like her saying how important timing is means it's not coming anytime soon. 

Edited by tokyoyoongi

Posted

Poor girl was probably scolded for liking that, if even her dad is getting into this (her sis also liked some post about the issue) imagine how broken she feels. 

Posted

I feel like Rose will get a solo but only as a b-side on BP's album , it's YG after all .

Posted

Maybe he was unsure of how she would do as a soloist because she doesn't seem to be well-rounded enough to be one. I agree with others that she's really pretty and does well in CF's but idk you gotta have charisma to be able to pull people in with every comeback. 

I mean, it is kind of true. Jennie wouldn't be strong enough to go from training to a solo artist because she has no versatility in her image. It seems like hard work being a solo artist in an industry that prefers groups so you need be a really well-rounded idol to make it work. The only reason why Solo took off was due to Jennie's pushed public image because it didn't have any substance, and even then all the hype was because of her stage outfits. As pretty as Jennie's image is, it's a really predictable image, the vintage queen bee, compared to another artist like Hyuna that gives pretty risk taking concepts each time. I'm not saying that Jennie's image needs to be more sultry, and I do know that I can't compare a debut to a whole career, but it just needs to be more unpredictable. You always know what you're going to get with Jennie and as soon as her solo was announced, I knew the music video was going to have a model tone to it. Even during CFs, you always get the same poses. Jennie does have charisma, but it feels so dull now. I know that she went through the whole lazy scandal but this seems different. Like she completely changed images once she got her Chanel deal. She was more badass and natural up until then. Idk don't get me wrong, She does perform better as a solo, but it still feels weird like Somi's. If it wasn't for her outfits, no one would be watching. But you could say the same thing for Blackpink. 

Posted (edited)

So, pann-choa translated an article about the issue with the green vs almost white outfits we were talking about the other day: https://pann-choa.blogspot.com/2019/09/enter-talk-blackpinks-coordi.html?m=1

Jennie stans doing the most in the comment section 💀

I mean, the knetz's aren't wrong. Along with the people commenting in agreement. Jennie stans are just too scared to admit that it's true. Jennie has massive favouritism and it's affecting the whole group, and just because we state that, doesn't make us jealous of her "it girl status". The pastel outfits are the worst case of Jennie and friends and it just looks shady. You can't say that it's not Jennies fault when she hand-picks her own outfits, and then most likely sees the other ones while she's doing it so they can "match". But they never do which makes her look 10x worse. Because she never sticks to the theme, for whatever reason. And if it's not the outfit, then it's an accessory, hairstyle or pose during CFS. It happens all the time. Sure, Jennie has a Chanel contract that she has to keep up with, but the problem is, is that she's almost never wearing Chanel when this happens, and EVEN THEN the stylist should be able to STILL match the girls together. It's just embarrassing at this point, and if blinks don't take this seriously, it's going to cause negativity for the girls' future because the same thing happened with Fifth Harmony and Camila. 

Edited by tokyoyoongi