• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

3528 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe he liked her personality. 

Also... Krystal wasn’t passionate about her idol job and would half-ass most of her performances, I think it’s pretty clear he doesn’t give af about that. 

or who he was paired up with was not his choice lmao.

what is it with jennie and gay guys anyways? does she like being the beard girl?

Posted

How come people didn't think that guy Jennie was with (Hugo?) was straight? Why did so many people think he was homosexual? Did he make comments previously alluding to it? I'm not criticizing you for thinking so, I'm just wondering if there's a backstory there that you all know because I tend to be out of the loop and I don't even know who he is, sorry if this is derailing.

Exactly, there is very little information about his personal life out there. Everyone is judging his sexuality based on how he looks in the pics he took with Jennie and nothing else. 

Posted

1582045330-screen-shot-2020-02-18-at-9.p1582045331-screen-shot-2020-02-18-at-9.p1582045332-screen-shot-2020-02-18-at-9.p

More pics. The article with these pictures said 'Lisa at an airport in a doll-like fashion'. Mmmm, nothing about this makes me think of dolls, maybe ladies from 80s, but that's it. The whole look seems like she got it from her grandma if anything.

On the other hand, I'm really liking the black hair. It frames her face nicely.

Is this not a wig? It really looks like one. It looks fine, but a part of me is concerned it's because her actual hair is extremely damaged. There's been idols who've talked about hair falling out, breaking off, sores from excessive bleaching, only appearing healthy from styling, etc. I think her natural colour is black so to maintain her usual look, she'd have to bleach it often. Here you can see where her real hair starts (but idk how old these are):

G1onfw2-vUjZBgf1F1zgmckSDtPOXclNnCjniSfb

ENRu3XtUUAAJSas.jpg

Maybe she's hiding a new cut/colour for an upcoming event? I'm pretty sure Rose's hair is also mostly extensions and they both look alright blonde, but it can only take so much damage before you have to cut it all off or give it a lot of time to recover, which isn't ~very K-pop~

Posted

I know it’s not good to assume people’s sexuality but we weren’t trying to be malicious so let’s not start please... 

Posted

Can we just stop dragging the sexuality talk it’s quite pointless 

Posted

lisa wore a jacket with a hindu(???) god on it so blackpink has another racism controversy. personally i don't think that's racist 

Posted (edited)

lisa wore a jacket with a hindu(???) god on it so blackpink has another racism controversy. personally i don't think that's racist 

well were talking about a girl that had full on box braids and saw it as a " bad ass" look. For acting like such white girls/ influenced by America they really are ignorant about thinks like that. I mean they're in early 20s the age group of the "wokeness". Wendy one is quite older ans grew up in a canada when many things were stull not seen as offensive and were all over media. OFC there are other idols that are ignorant or worse than them but that's not my point.

Many gen z which Rose and Lisa are part of do find many things igorant/racist/etc which is why I mention their wokeness being non existent while being in America where the woke midset is prevalent in the industry and within their group age.

Also staff members cary things for the artists.

Edited by ishouldbeatuni

Posted

Is it even confirmed that was Jennie in that picture? Also it's just a dinner, like no reason to jump to any conclusions. 

Posted

honestly don't care who or if jennie or any of them dates because like let them live tbh YG dungeon is boring

their shit is fried PLEASEE let their follicles rest.... <3 pray 4 rosie + lisa hair

Posted (edited)

I mean I know fans gave him this teddy bear rep but for all intents and purposes, Kai's grown. This is the same dude who got a video leaked of him frantically running from fans in the middle of the night and who couldn't even (allegedly) buy a condom in peace in his last public relationship, so if he wanted to be Jennie's "Uber Driver," then that's his call. Maybe he really liked her. Who knows. Mind you, I thought them being paired up was weird, but it was mainly because of the roll out of the news, the timing, and the company responses. 

well were talking about a girl that had full on box braids and saw it as a " bad ass" look. For acting like such white girls/ influenced by America they really are ignorant about thinks like that. And staff members carry things for the artists.

I really don't see how one results in the fault of the other...? Wendy grew up in Canada and, by this logic, "acts white," yet still showed marks of ignorance towards black people. Twice. RM learned English through watching American television and even found his love for rap through black rappers but still had his moments too. Just because someone may be influenced by another culture (or even in that culture) it doesn't mean ignorance is suddenly void. It can still be present. Even Amber recently showed that to happen. And...acting like white girls? Not entirely sure what that means either. Does this mean Jessica and Krystal act white too...? 

Obviously, case in my last point, I'm not denying ignorance, but these are two different instances that shouldn't be conflated. I can't fight ignorance being uninformed. 

That being said, is there someone who is Hindu(?) that can weigh in on whether wearing deities on clothing is appropriate? I can't give an educated stance on that. Even when I look it up I'm getting mixed answers. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

Can someone explain why everyone is sure that JenKai was media play? I'm surprised that most people are in agreement that it was fake/staged. It appears to be a popularly accepted conclusion that they were media play.

Posted (edited)

Can someone explain why everyone is sure that JenKai was media play? I'm surprised that most people are in agreement that it was fake/staged. It appears to be a popularly accepted conclusion that they were media play.

i'll give you some links if you want to dm

Edited by pepe

Posted (edited)

The biggest giveaway was this night. Dispatch said took this pic of kai coming back from a schedule abroad to go to jennie's dorm with a gift

Screen_Shot_2020-02-20_at_1.07.08_PM.thu

I'm thinking it was the same night he did an instagram live wearing the same outfit. He's going somewhere with the manager but says its a secret. Even in the beginning the manager is heard talking about an appointment on behalf of sm

manager: ah yes this is sm. at 7pm mr. kim jongin ssi-

kai: *hurriedly turns off the live*

~7:00 (you can see him wearing the jacket and scarf. he mentions "it's winter today but I wore ripped jeans" then shows the camera. same jeans from the dispatch pic) 

The dispatch pic only shows him walking in the parking lot, but doesn't show him getting out of a car or anything, so it's also plausible he was driven there by a manager. there's other theories around about the other pics (like you're going on a date but don't even smile in recognition of each other?? weird) , but the above is really what made me doubt these specific pics.

Edited by holika

Posted (edited)

#LisaWearsPrada is trending worldwide on Twitter.

tqj8YaZqPKk.jpg K5KOOJV5CcM.jpg

Not a fan of this outfit, personally. 

Edited by Abubu