• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

8515 posts in this topic

Posted

Is there a reason why people downplay the amount of xenophobic hatred Lisa gets? Yes, sure she gets tons of love but she also gets quite some hate...

Posted

Is there a reason why people downplay the amount of xenophobic hatred Lisa gets? Yes, sure she gets tons of love but she also gets quite some hate...

i think it’s because it does NOT compare to the amount of love she gets esp for the bare minimum. and on top of that she never acknowledges it. i personally never see too much hate on her (other than the racism)

Posted

I don't know why, but I get this feeling that people, specifically knetz, hit on her because she's YG's first Thai idol who debuted since like, ever. Beforehand, YG only let people of Korean origins to debut, so there's that. And now she's getting headlines, which probably irks them even more.

Posted

I don't think downplaying racism is ever okay tbh. Especially given that I hate it when certain idols/kpop fans downplay racism towards black people so...kinda hypocritical of me to let it slide. We've only seen those two public instances for Lisa, who knows what else has happened though. And who knows how those two have affected her in the first place. To make this abundantly clear, because I already hear the sirens, Lisa needs to shape up fan interactions on social media. But what goes from constructive to...borderline insensitive is dismissing the very real xenophobic comments. I'm surprised at that being an unpopular take. It's okay to critique one thing without watering down the other. 

Posted

I think it's because her thai and western fans don't have a lot of proof about it in English. The instances I see usually take place in East Asia where this treatment towards Thai and South East Asians is typical and even accepted. The second reason is that most blinks are solo stans. If a Jennie stan is being xenophobic towards Lisa, the other Jennie stans aren't going to call it out because that person is in their community. I feel like many blinks are invested in the idea that BP are being victimized by YG and they are determined to make it seem like their fave is the one who has it worse. I wonder how much racism gets swept under the rug, too. I doubt that there are only a few instances of racism against Lisa. I wonder how much YG sweeps under the rug so that everything looks perfect.

Posted (edited)

https://youtu.be/s4C-6ZBamh8

have you guys seen this? omg. she seems and sounds like she had zero training...

edit:* media training

Edited by ilovebruises

Posted

https://youtu.be/s4C-6ZBamh8

have you guys seen this? omg. she seems and sounds like she had zero training...

edit:* media training

She looks like she just want to run away and hide whenever she is doing an interview by herself (or even when she is with her group mates). 6 years as a trainee and she didn't get a single media training class? I can understand that she is a huge introvert, many idols and celebrities are, but acting like that makes her look...not very professional, honestly. Idk if I should feel sorry for her, angry at YG (seriously, when Jennie was a trainee, YG was in a good financial shape, they could hire someone to give some media training lessons), both, or if I should feel dissapointed that she still feels like a rookie giving her 1st solo interview and is still unable to handle even a quick and simple question.

Posted

A8D86289-77CA-4EDC-9BA4-D4E3BC27AFAA.thu let‘s see if this is gonna be true, i don‘t think so though

Posted (edited)

A8D86289-77CA-4EDC-9BA4-D4E3BC27AFAA.thu let‘s see if this is gonna be true, i don‘t think so though

Regarding the comeback, Chinese fanbases are starting to collect funds for BPs comeback. Apparently distributors will let them know in advance for releases. They've already gathered over $100K and international fanbases are trying to raise money as well. [source: @Chartsblackpink]

a33a37623b5f2bbde7629c56d73384c0.thumb.p

Brandon (@orangefallis) seems like an influential blink and raised around $1000 to help get KTL to #1 on itunes through gifting. He is saving the leftover funds to help fund their next CB as well.

EMbJ89zUYAAdFu-_(1).thumb.png.4ea595e9b9EMbJ89zUYAAdFu-.thumb.png.1fb9c0e48d7386

Some Blinks are even hoping to outsell TWICEs "Twicecoaster: Lane 1" 467K (best selling gg album / decade) with this next comeback...

Screenshot_(104).thumb.png.a228f16d9ef42Screenshot_(103).thumb.png.406b66641e52bScreenshot_(102).thumb.png.a7ea844e79fc4

So I think Blackpink will do better than KTL in physicals for this comeback especially if its a full album. What remains to be seen is their impact, can they pull another Dx4?

Edited by butterie

Posted

comeback season must be close seeing that their already posing for pictures in the practice room

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 4.52.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 4.52.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 4.52.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-06 at 4.53.21 PM.png

Posted

let's see them have the actual comeback first. You never know with YG

Posted

Blinks do this every comeback but then can barely scrape 150k... when they debuted in the west fan & prediction accounts said that it would be their biggest comeback and they would debut really high on US billboard, they had also gathered alot of money and then the sales ended up being like their average first week.... and they did not blow up in sales like “predicted”. 

So yeah we will see...

If this ain’t a full album tho... 

Posted

I just don't understand the hype with BP. like I can see why with BTS but BP is just...I don't know. I'm going to say it they are just a bad attempt to replace 2NE1 by the scumbag YG. 

I feel so bad for the other female groups that really deserve love. Like Apink.