• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

2880 posts in this topic

Posted

82512853_1731146647019417_20893902768365

did any of the other girls say anything about the performance? god, i feel bad for Jisoo. She may not be the best, but most kpop idols are not the best and she does have talent and she seems so eager to do a good job and improve and they just are not getting the chances to do so

no doubt they will admit it... but thing is they had so much time to improve so yeah “I’m not satisfied with how it went” they have said this before twice as in the past... then why not improve?

Posted (edited)

82512853_1731146647019417_20893902768365

did any of the other girls say anything about the performance? god, i feel bad for Jisoo. She may not be the best, but most kpop idols are not the best and she does have talent and she seems so eager to do a good job and improve and they just are not getting the chances to do so

I mean  it sounds quite basic. but she could have ignored it like the rest of the girls. so I'll give her that. 

Edited by ishouldbeatuni

Posted

I understand that many things are not up for them to decide,but it feels like they aren't even trying with the things they do have control over,just like their performances.

One thing I've noticed though,is that they seem to do better when they're doing their solo parts at concerts (Lisa's dance break,Jisoo,Rosé & Jennie performing their own songs,) and to me at least they seem more enthusiastic on their own too.

It's crazy to think that they debuted in 2016,yet BP are so stagnant that sometimes it feels like they just debuted not too long ago.I'm afraid this situation won't get better,not even with their new cb,so it wouldn't surprise me if they stopped caring about improvement because they know it'll be a dead end as long as they're under YGE.Sometimes it seems like they're just waiting for their contracts to end.

Posted

maybe this is just me being cynical but this is the standard "this wasnt my best performance but i always want to improve. i will work hard to show you a better side of me in the future because youre my fans and you deserve it blah blah blah" humble idol spiel that literally all of them parrot all the time with slight variations... i wouldnt base her actual feelings on the performance on that

I agree, I just feel bad because when you look at that performance, Jisoo was fine. She wasn't amazing, but she did her job with effort and put on an alright show. In my opinion, it was the other girls who should address it, yet it's just Jisoo? strange...

Posted

I'm happy jisoo commented instead of just ignoring it because tbh she could have taken the Jennie route of acting like it doesn't exist and promoting ur solo with energy.  

I agree, I just feel bad because when you look at that performance, Jisoo was fine. She wasn't amazing, but she did her job with effort and put on an alright show. In my opinion, it was the other girls who should address it, yet it's just Jisoo? strange...

IMO I think she's noticed for a long time that performances were being half assed by some members, and wanted to be like "I'm not okay with it". Not in a sneaky way, but just disassociating her self from it. 

Posted

I don't know if Jisoo meant anything when she posted that message. It's strange that she posted that when she's the only one who did a decent job. Maybe a manager told her to post it. My personal theory is that she's finally worrying about herself. Her members are over it. Yg isn't going to do more than the bare minimum for them either. If I were her, I would do whatever I needed to do to make sure I look like a hardworking, professional and likable person. When bp ends, she can go the Dara route and book variety shows. Dara is beloved by the Korean public because of her charming personality. Jisoo should create a good image for herself so people will enjoy seeing her on tv. I don't mean that Jisoo is being calculating or anything bad. I simply mean that she's facing the reality of her situation and making smart moves for her future.

Posted (edited)

I'm not gonna pick apart her post too much for meaning honestly, but I think if anything, I don't think she's trying to show lowkey frustration. I actually think it's likely the opposite. I have this growing suspicion that there is tension going on within the group (that's been possibly stirring for a fat minute) and Jisoo seems like more of the middle man in a sense. I think if anything, she may have been trying to save face on behalf of the group itself. Not necessarily because she wants to excuse the other members, but she is in the group after all, meaning she knows what's going on. Not fans. Not antis. Not even spectators. If there is any underlying message, I think it's more of a "Don't be alarmed, Blinks. Everything's fine," kind of thing. It's not that it's impossible for her to be fed up, but going purely on what I've seen from the group, even when Jennie was lazy during rehearsal, Jisoo was looking over to her when she messed up and gave her hand signals to help her. Rose and Lisa also used to do the same, Lisa even taking over when Jennie forgot her lyrics and Rose apologizing to fans when Jennie had gone off stage. They all used to pick up slack for each other at some point or laugh it off, but now I think they're just at a weird place and Jisoo's probably just hoping for better. I think a clearer sign of the underline frustration was more Rose when she was being cryptic about her activity amount on Instagram. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

Another take on this whole thing could be that Lisa, Jennie, and Rose all moved on from BP - they know more about what's going on behind the scenes and they probably already see their downfall as a group, so why bother at this point? They just gave up. Nothing to give anymore because YG won't let them. Hell, the girls might even know their disbandment date or at least know it's sure to happen soon enough. They're promoting their solo stuff because that's the only thing they'll have when BP disbands. Either Jisoo still has hope for the group, or she doesn't want to feel disheartened and leave fans asking themselves why have the girls changed this way.

I'm not gonna pick apart her post too much for meaning honestly, but I think if anything, I don't think she's trying to show lowkey frustration. I actually think it's likely the opposite. I have this growing suspicion that there is tension going on within the group (that's been possibly stirring for a fat minute) and Jisoo seems like more of the middle man in a sense. I think if anything, she may have been trying to save face on behalf of the group itself. Not necessarily because she wants to excuse the other members, but she is in the group after all, meaning she knows what's going on. Not fans. Not antis. Not even spectators. If there is any underlying message, I think it's more of a "Don't be alarmed, Blinks. Everything's fine," kind of thing. It's not that it's impossible for her to be fed up, but going purely on what I've seen from the group, even when Jennie was lazy during rehearsal, Jisoo was looking over to her when she messed up and gave her hand signals to help her. Rose and Lisa also used to do the same, Lisa even taking over when Jennie forgot her lyrics and Rose apologizing to fans when Jennie had gone off stage. They all used to pick up slack for each other at some point or laugh it off, but now I think they're just at a weird place Jisoo's probably just hoping for better. I think a clearer sign of the underline frustration was more Rose when she was being cryptic about her activity amount on Instagram. 

Uhh, I'll upvote this tomorrow 'cause I ran out of upvotes today, lol. I also get a feeling like this when watching them. One of the possible reasons could be Rose being hurt because Jennie got a solo before her, and if they disband, Jennie will end up as the only one with the solo, meaning she kickstarted her own career and already has something to fall back on. Again, not really Jennie to blame, but YG, but Rose could be taking her frustrations/not treating Jennie as good as before. Jennie has nothing to apologize for since YG is at fault, like always, or maybe she does if she had anything to do with YG releasing her solo first/maybe her parents paid it, idk, can't say too much. No idea why Lisa would be distant though. Fame hit her in the head and she feels like she's being dragged down by her bandmates? Does she feel that they're jealous of her having more followers and solo stans? Can't say on too much either, but Jisoo seems like the only one standing straight.

Posted

why does jennie never sing the full bridge of Solo? like, theres not one performance out there of her singing the higher notes. so can she? or was it just teddy doing god's work

also has anyone noticed how the pinks have become so transparent with their prerecorded vocals these days... luv YOUR ASS ISNT SINGING but atleast pretend you're belting out these notes by putting the microphone to your mouth at the right moments... 

ive been a lurker for so long and finally made an account. i dont think anyone has mentioned this but if they have, pls link me to the tea

Posted

why does jennie never sing the full bridge of Solo? like, theres not one performance out there of her singing the higher notes. so can she? or was it just teddy doing god's work

also has anyone noticed how the pinks have become so transparent with their prerecorded vocals these days... luv YOUR ASS ISNT SINGING but atleast pretend you're belting out these notes by putting the microphone to your mouth at the right moments... 

ive been a lurker for so long and finally made an account. i dont think anyone has mentioned this but if they have, pls link me to the tea

agree so much; we know they have overall good vocals, we saw it at coachella and in a few events like the samsung one in thailand but they never use them for concerts! tf? i've seen lisa lipsync on their tour and jennie is pure lipsync during solo and even in her raps, everytime i see a video of her rapping on tour or concerts she's always forgetting the lyrics and lisa sometimes finishes her raps? jennie is considered one of the best female rappers in the industry, and the best from the big 3, so i'll expect more from her

Posted

not to whiteknight, but i am curious; how are the girls to blame for their lack of activity? they've articulated their desire to record more albums and perform, but with a company that allows them 0 autonomy over their work, what exactly do you expect them to do? they can't work unless given jobs by their company so how is them doing nothing an indication of their laziness and subsequently a spit in the face? they have no choice but to sit pretty and post on instagram while they wait for songs to be handed to them because they are not allowed to record and release music independently. the only thing the girls ARE in control of is their performances and their performances are shit tier, that i wont argue, but we can't ignore how YG is arguably the cause of the decline in performances. they are extremely unhappy, that much is clear and i can't imagine how hard it must be to perform when you have absolute no drive and passion left. when i see blackpink these days, i don't see an arrogant group that feels as if they have accomplished their goals and now think they can get by with doing the absolute bare minimum. instead, i see a group of girls that are defeated and have given up as a result of their dreams and passion being destroyed by an incompetent company 

they have money. they can write their own songs find a place and record them. it might not come out for the public in the end but if it comes down to the group disbanding they have a hidden investment.

Posted

I decided to see what their Japan concert was like and apart from the terrible stage presence and the fact they half ass the choreo. I was surprised at the fact they especially Lisa and Rose kept making it obvious they're lip syncing. Like at least try. I think Lisa's mic was on only turned up for their hype songs DDDD and AIIYL.

They did especially bad in the Don't Know what to do song which is their newer ones like damn I thought maybe 2 performances were bad.

Posted (edited)

Tbh what are people expecting?Have they ever been to a concert?No matter whether you're an idol,musician or band,you're bound to sing some of the same songs every time you perform,sometimes over years if not many decades.No one (even when promoting or after releasing a new album) only performs new songs.Many artists still inculde previous music (whether that be their most known songs or fan favorites or both) in their set list. Many artists have spoken out about how sick they are but continue to give their best,no matter how much they despise the song,because they know how much their fans like it.

BP are spoiled as hell and have terrible work ethic,except from maybe Jisoo,which is ironic because she's the one who initially wanted to become an actress.

Yg is an ass for not giving them new music but I feel far from bad for BP when it comes to this.As people mentioned many times before,the girls do even less than the bare minimum,now that everyone besides Jisoo seems to slack,yet they just get to jet-set around the world and live comfortably (for an idol anyways).

Idk if this video has been posted before and don't get me wrong,I'm glad they aren't forced to work until they break their backs and faint on stage,but c'mon if they've got that much time on their hands to (re-)watch multiple shows on Netflix,then at least they should have enough time to improve their skills too.

"how am i gonna meet blackpink if neither of us ever leave the house" lmaofioejoakrlead

it makes me so sad that they spent 2+ years training just to be spending their time watching netflix and half assing performances

Edited by toeman
wanted to add onto it

Posted (edited)

https://twitter.com/LALlSAPRINT/status/1214331503452282881?s=20

If only Lisa stood out this much during their regular performances

(i'm sorry for some reason whenever I try to embed a tweet it aint working so you'll have to do it with this)

Edited by Mishtique
im horrible at technology