• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

2880 posts in this topic

Posted

mistakes happen. but this much mistakes? 

high schoolers performing kpop dances on stage have more presence than they do at this point. 

props for jisoo on trying though.

F8A3BDDE-3C3B-4469-A355-4C132CE14EDD.png

BAC13BBC-74FC-4655-827A-D4538FAED6B1.png

508CEAB2-242D-4D27-99DF-5067E84A7C13.png

0C7C9089-D667-40B5-BB3D-B8CB10198CC0.png

When they did the first comeback stage for KTL I thought they had started doing this thing where they stagger the movements... turns out they're just out of sync 😟. 

It just feels like four people dancing for their own fancam (or still photos in Jennie's case) instead of a unit performing for their fans.  

Posted

Tbh what are people expecting?Have they ever been to a concert?No matter whether you're an idol,musician or band,you're bound to sing some of the same songs every time you perform,sometimes over years if not many decades.No one (even when promoting or after releasing a new album) only performs new songs.Many artists still inculde previous music (whether that be their most known songs or fan favorites or both) in their set list. Many artists have spoken out about how sick they are but continue to give their best,no matter how much they despise the song,because they know how much their fans like it.

BP are spoiled as hell and have terrible work ethic,except from maybe Jisoo,which is ironic because she's the one who initially wanted to become an actress.

Yg is an ass for not giving them new music but I feel far from bad for BP when it comes to this.As people mentioned many times before,the girls do even less than the bare minimum,now that everyone besides Jisoo seems to slack,yet they just get to jet-set around the world and live comfortably (for an idol anyways).

Idk if this video has been posted before and don't get me wrong,I'm glad they aren't forced to work until they break their backs and faint on stage,but c'mon if they've got that much time on their hands to (re-)watch multiple shows on Netflix,then at least they should have enough time to improve their skills too.

Posted (edited)

NOT @ ROSE LITERALLY. LITERALLY JUST SHARPENING A PENCIL ON LIVE AT 3:10. THAT'S PEAK BOREDOM

Edited by constell8ion

Posted

Tbh what are people expecting?Have they ever been to a concert?No matter whether you're an idol,musician or band,you're bound to sing some of the same songs every time you perform,sometimes over years if not many decades.No one (even when promoting or after releasing a new album) only performs new songs.Many artists still inculde previous music (whether that be their most known songs or fan favorites or both) in their set list. Many artists have spoken out about how sick they are but continue to give their best,no matter how much they despise the song,because they know how much their fans like it.

BP are spoiled as hell and have terrible work ethic,except from maybe Jisoo,which is ironic because she's the one who initially wanted to become an actress.

Yg is an ass for not giving them new music but I feel far from bad for BP when it comes to this.As people mentioned many times before,the girls do even less than the bare minimum,now that everyone besides Jisoo seems to slack,yet they just get to jet-set around the world and live comfortably (for an idol anyways).

Idk if this video has been posted before and don't get me wrong,I'm glad they aren't forced to work until they break their backs and faint on stage,but c'mon if they've got that much time on their hands to (re-)watch multiple shows on Netflix,then at least they should have enough time to improve their skills too.

that video made me think of a recent interview that Lisa did where she legit said she wakes up at 2pm when she has nothing to do. I mean that was me ...as child during summer break. I can't with their privilege and lack of motivation, passion or anything 

Posted

It legit drives me insane when I have nothing to do all day, and I'm saying this as someone who's interested in joining the entertainment industry. I keep myself busy, always practicing, always auditioning, and paying for classes that I can't afford. I'm broke as fuck and am on my last leg.

My question is why enter this industry with no drive whatsoever? It's very competitive. Everyday I have to make sure I'm doing something to get closer to my goal, put in work that one will ever see. So, maybe, just maybe, Blackpink feel as though they've already accomplished their goal, since they have it all, what's the point in doing anything other than sit there, stay pretty, and wait for Teddy to make another trash hit. 

SOO many people in this industry want what they have, they do crazy shit to get what they have, and honestly them doing nothing, being lazy, even having the nerves to tell their fans that they do absolutely nothing on their "downtime" as if YG has them locked up is a spit in the face.

Posted

Like loompa said, if the girls seriously have days where they have nothing to do, they can spend their free time practising singing or dancing at home. There really is no excuse where they are performing a dance for the millionth time and their skills in the dance are declining. It's a lack of rehearsal and it makes me mad. They are so lucky to be in the positions they are in. I want to support these girls as they were amazing in the past but I'm starting to distance myself from BP because despite a lack of comebacks, their performances are just boring now. People who are training in companies spend so much time practising and honing their skills and they still dont make it yet the girls of BP get so much praise for giving 50 percent effort.

Posted

What pisses me off is that you have groups like X1 and Iz*one who give such amazing performances live and show they’re dedicated to their work in interviews, are so kind and interactive with their fans, Only to be thrown to the side or disbanded by agencies who don’t see their potential only profit, And Blackpink are half assing everything they do that isn’t a high fashion photoshoot! 

Posted

I'm shocked they performed like that infront of a PAYING audience of FANS, like ???????. I was more of a casual fan that loved and supported rose and jisoo, but ngl this whole thing leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. I don't care how much you hate the song, if u choose to go on a tour than do it right. Like just makes me feel its just a money thing at this rate, like they know die hard blinks will stream and defend so they don't care at this point. It's so ungrateful like some fans work hard and earn up money to be able to buy tickets, and than go to a concert just to have a watch a shit performance. 

The state of black pink is such a shame because the group has what it takes to be one of the top; great fanbase, the visuals, good songs and styling, etc. But they choose to be lacklustre and I personally can't sit down and stan them when I know there are better groups putting more into what they do. 

Posted

All this just makes me happier that i didnt spend €166 on the worst places for their concerts.

Y'know, at first I kind of understood them. Always having to perform the same songs, bad management and the lack of comebacks can make an idol frustrated and I would understand if it let to some 'laziness' due to their frustrations.

But goddamnit if you have the time to stay in bed till 14:00 you do have the time to walk through the choreography once or twice you make sure you don't make any mistakes a rookie wouldn't do and work hard so you can protect your title as "one of the top girlgroups" (though if that is deserved is a different question).

Just please put some pepper in your ass and at least do the bare minimum so your fans won't feel bad for spending money on your ridiculously overpriced concerts.

thank you.

Posted

What pisses me off is that you have groups like X1 and Iz*one who give such amazing performances live and show they’re dedicated to their work in interviews, are so kind and interactive with their fans, Only to be thrown to the side or disbanded by agencies who don’t see their potential only profit, And Blackpink are half assing everything they do that isn’t a high fashion photoshoot! 

I get what you're saying but those groups aren't exactly great examples. Their disbandment was inevitable because of the rigging scandal. The members potential could most likely be far more utilized in other groups. 

Posted (edited)

My question is why enter this industry with no drive whatsoever? It's very competitive. Everyday I have to make sure I'm doing something to get closer to my goal, put in work that one will ever see. So, maybe, just maybe, Blackpink feel as though they've already accomplished their goal, since they have it all, what's the point in doing anything other than sit there, stay pretty, and wait for Teddy to make another trash hit. 

SOO many people in this industry want what they have, they do crazy shit to get what they have, and honestly them doing nothing, being lazy, even having the nerves to tell their fans that they do absolutely nothing on their "downtime" as if YG has them locked up is a spit in the face.

not to whiteknight, but i am curious; how are the girls to blame for their lack of activity? they've articulated their desire to record more albums and perform, but with a company that allows them 0 autonomy over their work, what exactly do you expect them to do? they can't work unless given jobs by their company so how is them doing nothing an indication of their laziness and subsequently a spit in the face? they have no choice but to sit pretty and post on instagram while they wait for songs to be handed to them because they are not allowed to record and release music independently. the only thing the girls ARE in control of is their performances and their performances are shit tier, that i wont argue, but we can't ignore how YG is arguably the cause of the decline in performances. they are extremely unhappy, that much is clear and i can't imagine how hard it must be to perform when you have absolute no drive and passion left. when i see blackpink these days, i don't see an arrogant group that feels as if they have accomplished their goals and now think they can get by with doing the absolute bare minimum. instead, i see a group of girls that are defeated and have given up as a result of their dreams and passion being destroyed by an incompetent company 

Edited by skyai
words

Posted

As someone who does cover dances, blackpink’s effort majorly puts me off. Heres what happens in the scene when blackpink and other top tier groups releases a song, everyone rushes to be the first and to be the best, you need to catch a hype period before the song gets overplayed and you get buried in a saturated spinoff of a saturated industry. Blackpink already has easier choreos since dddd and kill this love and it takes ONE live performance to have everything down, instagram explore pages gets covered with kill this love in big text. Then theres group covers, people know blackpink gives you clicks, but how do you stand out? I know someone who looked for THIRTY backdancers for kill this love.

And then look at blackpink. When the people who are meant to imitate you are putting in more effort to be a better version of you, something is wrong. They should be threatened not even by fellow ggs in the industry but the people who has ”blackpink” and “cover” in their video title. People don’t pay to see cover dancers dance on the street, they fight for exposure and thank every little youtube views and they pay for whatever costumes or videographer they need, practicing on top of dayjobs that could be long part times or even a 9-5. Blackpink being the original on the other hand; enjoys the privilege of being paid for doing so yet give halfassed efforts. Yes, no one asked us to, but cover dancers do not spend so much time perfecting your choreo to feel that you yourself do not want to do it.