• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

5537 posts in this topic

Posted

long time lurker here!

i thought i’d actually create an account so i can share my two cents (and apologies if anything like this has already been brought up lol)

so two of my friends are like huge blinks and obviously blackpink came to the UK earlier this year. both of my friends got tickets to the Manchester concert on the 21st of May. 

if you compare the manchester concert to the London concert the two nights after they kinda treated each concert differently. for starters london was allowed to film (it’s not really a big issue, but manchester wasn’t ) but how blackpink updated their social media’s was very different. i guess it’s kinda become a thing for artists after a concert to take to social media and thank the respective place for coming, yet none of them posted after that Manchester concert. following the london concert, jisoo posted pictures from both the manchester night and london night, thanking the UK blinks for coming yet both rose and jennie only posted thanking london (from what i’ve checked, lisa posted a general post thanking the UK after the london concert)

my friends, being big rose stans, we’re kinda offended from the exclusion and had vented to  me their frustrations of being forgotten, and were commenting on rose’s post about ‘not including manchester and how they were hurt’. rose a few hours after did actually post about how she missed her manchester blinks and jennie has still kinda ignored the whole manchester concert

i’m really sorry for the long post, i just personally found it weird that not all of them actually posted for the manchester concert yet they all did for london

Posted

It's because the majority (if not all) of Blackpink's songs were made for 2ne1. Just look at the song writer credits, a few of them stopped working with YG before Blackpink had their debut. I think people forget that Blackpink was initially supposed to be a group like SNSD and not another 2ne1, so their musical styles might've been different. I also think YG and Teddy are having a really hard time producing good enough tracks for Blackpink to comeback with which is why it take them long periods of time for new music to be released as a group and solos. 

I know a lot of Blackpink fans like to claim that the members (mostly Jennie) are to able write lyrics/songs but just because you can do that doesn't mean they are good enough to release.

Hidden Content

I didn't know that they were supposed to be another SNSD. I wonder how they planned to pull that off. SNSD has nice concepts and they rely on their strong vocalists to take their songs to the next level. YG doesn't really give the girls "eras" and they don't have enough vocalists in BP to follow SNSD's style. If the girls aren't being given good tracks, YG should make sure that the styling and distinct eras. I don't think BP needs to be innovative. Blinks would be down for a dark magic theme or futuristic theme. Tbh, I think a dark magic theme would suit all four of the girls. It would give them plenty of chances to wear cute outfits that blinks would hype up and they can create stages that don't rely on intense choreography.

It's funny that you mention songwriting. Blinks were freaking out because Jennie's song notebook was "stolen." They said she had written 30 songs and they were all lost. They even accused YG himself of stealing it. I wish Blinks would stop projecting this image onto the girls. There's no shame in using songwriters. Songwriting is an art. There aren't many people who are able to sing, write and perform on a top level.

Posted

https://twitter.com/kbank_live/status/1194419608628977664?s=21

I know this is a CF, but this is soo bad. :beardo:

I fucking hate the way they say "Pull" and "All"...... I get they're rapping and all but it irks me. The song and the rapping sounds like garbage regardless.

Honestly, I'd hear people hype up Jennie and Lisa's rapping but I honestly don't think they're good at it, it just sounds forced.

Posted

is that really lisa and jennie rapping? vaguely sounds like lisa but it sounds nothing like jennie to me

Posted

is that really lisa and jennie rapping? vaguely sounds like lisa but it sounds nothing like jennie to me

nah sounds like neither of them. i don’t think it’s a blackpink song. really irks me how they’ve got blackpink not singing in their own cf... is that not their job? i mean if you had a pretty actor/model who could sing starring in your shoot shouldn’t they just sing the theme tune themselves ?? bp are really JUST models wow 

Posted

nah sounds like neither of them. i don’t think it’s a blackpink song. really irks me how they’ve got blackpink not singing in their own cf... is that not their job? i mean if you had a pretty actor/model who could sing starring in your shoot shouldn’t they just sing the theme tune themselves ?? bp are really JUST models wow 

i'm super disappointed..  idols do CF songs all the time and some of them are iconic as hell (girls day- hello bubble, snsd + fx -chocolate love) and it's so sad they didn't give blackpink a chance to do that. the whole situation is so weird, why does yg try SO hard to not let these girls make music? 

Posted

as usual rosé, although late, showed the most appreciation for dddd reaching a billion. no response from jennie yet... these are the kinda things that rub me the wrong way about her.

i remember seeing a video of them at their concerts and they were thanking blinks on stage. she was one of the last to speak and all/most of the other members spoke on the behalf of the group eg. “thanks for seeing US, WE love you” etc. and jennie said something like “thank you for coming to see ME” and just pissed me off because majority of the time, people are complaining about how they spent money for her to half ass everything.... ah i’m gonna try find the video. is it just me or would any one of y’all feel the same? i mentioned it on the comments and some agreed but more ppl came for me without a valid argument. 

I'm surprised she hasn't but then again, she never really posts on her story seriously unless it's for a Gentle Monster brand deal. I actually find the girls' a little ungrateful, to be honest. They never show true gratitude to their achievements, almost like they just expect it to happen. But, I don't know if it's just because of their image. This is the first time the girls' have actually written something for big achievements like this. Probably because it's a big deal. It's usually just an emoji or nothing at all. I'm just confused because you'd think that winning 3 people's choice awards against BTS would be a bigger deal than a Youtube record and plaque. YG favours Youtube way too much and I'm shocked that he hasn't made an even bigger deal about 1 billion views, though I don't think it's going to change his opinion on Blackpink as a group. 

I've noticed that a lot whenever they have to give a speech of some sort but it could be just Jennie being Jennie since we've already established that she has little to no media training. She either completely disregards the rest of the members or just changes the subject to herself. 

Posted (edited)

Damn seriously?

The rapping style made me think it would be Lisa/Jennie, especially Lisa, but you're right that it doesn't sound like them. Either it isn't or they over processed the vocals into unrecognition. I just find it weird that they'd have a full CF with all the members and not have them record a song for it... even 2ne1 recorded Don't Stop The Music for Yamaha's Fiore.

For how much Blackpink is hyped, they feel more like a B tier group. Especially because you see them in the news mostly for their looks. Like you said, they're mostly models at this point

Edited by PrincessRiri
I'm bad with words

Posted (edited)

I'm not convinced it's Blackpink in this song either.

It's a big stretch but I think the rapper sounds like Grazy Grace to me. Assuming it's not Blackpink. I mean, it's not completely out there because she did do the song for Jennie's Hera Red Vibe ad.

Edited by Tsubaki

Posted

I was lurking on lolcow and YO has anybody seen this?

Screenshot_20191112-152545_Samsung_Inter

Link: https://factbomb.tistory.com/345

Granted, I do not know if this is actually real or fake.

Take it as a gossip

Posted (edited)

I was lurking on lolcow and YO has anybody seen this?

Screenshot_20191112-152545_Samsung_Inter

Link: https://factbomb.tistory.com/345

Granted, I do not know if this is actually real or fake.

Take it as a gossip

I don’t know if that specific story is real or fake but Jennie has had multiple rumours about her and YG. Teddy as well. As sad as that sounds. 

Edited by tokyoyoongi

Posted (edited)

I'm so tired of them staring into the camera and trying to act badass.I know it's their schtick but this just ain't it.

Even from a business standpoint, the way they are selling their visuals isn't doing anything for me.They look lifeless

also the song is such a contrast to BP's lack of hustle lol

Edited by lizardqueen

Posted (edited)

I know we should treat it like a rumor but I personally believe it. Yg even said he liked his wife because she looked the youngest. Like a kid. Jennie has been said to have the body type of child ( low key rude) over and over, even in this thread. So, like,  maybe 

its nasty but I don’t think the truth is that far off. It would explain the favoritism and the possessiveness he has displayed. Might  even explain her rebellion maybe 

just my thoughts based on a theory. A illegal and gross theory

Edited by evrthngis2expnsve
Added stuff