• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Blackpink (formerly Jennie Kim thread)

1202 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember a while back Blackpink went on that Knowing Brothers show and Jenny got a bit sassy with one of the cast members, Youngcheol. I like sassy but sometimes people can get too cocky. Basically, he asked her where did she live back home and she answered, “Do you even know any cities in New Zealand?” Some people weren’t bothered and made fun of him and some were bothered at felt how I did. It wasn’t a huge deal but it’s kind of unnecessary. He genuinely asked her a question and she answered with an attitude. Some people think it’s because he challenged her English skills but if you watch more episodes, you can see he actually challenges himself and wants people to know that he knows some English. Anyway, he didn’t seem offended but I think it’s because English isn’t his native language and he’s not used to different mannerisms so he assumed she was genuinely asking him a question but you can tell she wasn’t because of her tone, expression, and her members’ reactions. I don’t know why she couldn’t just answer the question from the beginning. Maybe she wanted to be “savage” but it came off a little rude to me. Maybe she’s naturally that sassy and her members’ reaction made her realize how rude she sounded and she turned sweet again. If he got snarky with her back she would’ve been surprised and some blinks would’ve attacked him. I guess it’s because I made it personal and just imagined myself in his place. If she would’ve gave me that answer, I would’ve been thrown off guard because I didn’t say anything weird that would make her react that way so why would she do that to me? You know? I could very well be reaching, but I like to put myself in other’s shoes. By the way this is Youngcheol I’m talking about. Maybe if it was Heechul it wouldn’t have bothered me because he’s known to make comments like what Jennie did but not Youngcheol.

Back in their debut showcase Jisoo was about to introduce herself just as Jisoo, since she was used to it, Jennie side eyed her fucking hard, here's the vid: https://youtu.be/RJLdGQNuwXs around 21:30, when Jisoo is talking

Posted (edited)

Back in their debut showcase Jisoo was about to introduce herself just as Jisoo, since she was used to it, Jennie side eyed her fucking hard, here's the vid: https://youtu.be/RJLdGQNuwXs around 21:30, when Jisoo is talking

I caught it! That side of her always comes out (I’m sure it’s her real side) and it’s like she has to remember where she is which is why she always smiles politely after she makes a face or says something rude. I think she gets easily annoyed by people who isn’t as enthusiastic as her or is too enthusiastic. It must be hard being her considering she always annoyed because you can’t control what people say or how they feel. I want to like her but when she does stuff like this she gives me mean girl vibes. I’m not trying to be mean, but if she went to my middle/high school with that attitude and looking the way she did in her predebut photos, everyone would let her have it and she’d be a shy outcast before you know it. Maybe she was nicer (or more aware of how she acts) but fame got to her.

I’ve noticed she always makes a face when she knows she has an advantage over somebody (Youngcheol with her english skills) or if they’re not paying attention to her (I think it was Rosé and Lisa who were playing around too much for her liking on V live). She’s rarely like that when they have the advantage or whenever her members, who know her well, are looking at her (at least from what they show us on camera).

Edited by cocacolaontherocks

Posted

I caught it! That side of her always comes out (I’m sure it’s her real side) and it’s like she has to remember where she is which is why she always smiles politely after she makes a face or says something rude. I think she gets easily annoyed by people who isn’t as enthusiastic as her or is too enthusiastic. It must be hard being her considering she always annoyed because you can’t control what people say or how they feel. I want to like her but when she does stuff like this she gives me mean girl vibes. I’m not trying to be mean, but if she went to my middle/high school with that attitude and looking the way she did in her predebut photos, everyone would let her have it and she’d be a shy outcast before you know it. Maybe she was nicer (or more aware of how she acts) but fame got to her.

I’ve noticed she always makes a face when she knows she has an advantage over somebody (Youngcheol with her english skills) or if they’re not paying attention to her (I think it was Rosé and Lisa who were playing around too much for her liking on V live). She’s rarely like that when they have the advantage or whenever her members, who know her well, are looking at her (at least from what they show us on camera).

Remember the: I'm going to give Lisa a big slap on her face for her bday? 

wew that threw me off, if it was a joke it sure was bad and pointless.

Posted

She just seems boring af to hang out with judging by her ig stories, variety shows and other clips on yt. 

Posted

She just seems boring af to hang out with judging by her ig stories, variety shows and other clips on yt. 

If you watch BP house you will confirm this.

Posted

She's that one girl in highschool where no one really understands how or why she's popular, and yet she considers herself to be so unique and eccentric and "not like other girls" and basically thinks she's the best thing since sliced bread. 

Posted

I agree and I’m actually pretty boring myself. However, if I had more money and the opportunity to be on shows and go out like she does, I would find something to do. It seems as though all she does is take photos and show how much she misses her puppies. I feel like she does the same on trips. If she doesn’t like to go out and do much, I would like to at least see her teach her pets tricks or go to a park with them or go shopping or to an arcade with her friends. She goes everywhere but does the same thing everywhere she goes- smile for a picture.

Posted (edited)

Yes! I’m pretty boring myself but if I was going to be on tv and went to the same places she went, I would’ve learned a new hobby in korea (didn’t Rosé and Lisa learn how to use a bow and arrow?) and made more time for me and my pets (Jisoo took her dog to a puppy training park). She claims she misses her dogs but when she was with them, all she did was show them to the camera- that’s it.

I get her being motion sick when they went to the water but she could’ve walked around the beach or played in the sand. All she did was lay there, take photos, and acted like she cared about the others being on the water when she knew the cameras were on her (her reactions are extremely forced). I feel like she was dragged out of the house to do what they did on the show. She was more comfortable in the house then outside of it. I get being a homebody, but she could’ve pretended to be more active at home. Even when they watched tv, Jennie was on her phone half the time. Jisoo’s laid back too but she seemed to make each moment of the show sentimental. All Jennie did was make food with her members and show off some makeup. If it weren’t for Jisoo’s honest reactions (especially when they zip lined and went to the zoo) and Rosé and Lisa actually showing off their friendship and the things they do in their every day life, I don’t think the show would’ve been that interesting. Jennie wasn’t relatable at all on the show, just boring. It’s funny how she makes Jisoo do things with her on v live like decorate phone cases and make slime because she does those things a lot but when they made jewelry she was surprised at how good jisoo was (jisoo had the advantage) and she tried really hard to do good then. Jisoo and Lisa had a friendly competition when they went mandarin picking while jennie seemed confused and turned their jewelry making into a competition. I honestly think Jisoo is crafty and likes doing those things with jennie but not all the time. Also, jisoo doesn’t care how pretty or not something is, she just wants to do things and have fun. Even when jisoo helped the others with their towels at the sauna, she noticed that something looked weird and helped fix it. She didn’t whine and point at how dumb it looked. Jennie on the other hand takes a more serious route with her stuff. Nothing wrong with that but when they made phone cases and she judged what jisoo wanted to put on hers, it was kind of annoying. She kept reminding jisoo to make hers pretty. Jisoo didn’t even pick out anything ugly to me but whatever. Every time they do something that jennie planned, jisoo looks pressured in the beginning but you can tell she’s really doing it so that Jennie could have something to do and be proud of.

In the end, everything jennie did seemed scripted as if that’s what was planned for the show anyway excommunicated for the jewelry making. You could tell the others found things to do and laughed a lot while jennie just played cute for the cameras. I don’t think she even cared about the stray cat as much as the others did. That whole show showed how rosé and lisa are the first to try things, jisoo is cautious but willing to learn things and if jennie feels as though she cant do things her way, she stops trying, whines, and takes photos.

Edited by cocacolaontherocks

Posted

Yes! I’m pretty boring myself but if I was going to be on tv and went to the same places she went, I would’ve learned a new hobby in korea (didn’t Rosé and Lisa learn how to use a bow and arrow?) and made more time for me and my pets (Jisoo took her dog to a puppy training park). She claims she misses her dogs but when she was with them, all she did was show them to the camera- that’s it.

I get her being motion sick when they went to the water but she could’ve walked around the beach or played in the sand. All she did was lay there, take photos, and acted like she cared about the others being on the water when she knew the cameras were on her (her reactions are extremely forced). I feel like she was dragged out of the house to do what they did on the show. She was more comfortable in the house then outside of it. I get being a homebody, but she could’ve pretended to be more active at home. Even when they watched tv, Jennie was on her phone half the time. Jisoo’s laid back too but she seemed to make each moment of the show sentimental. All Jennie did was make food with her members and show off some makeup. If it weren’t for Jisoo’s honest reactions (especially when they zip lined and went to the zoo) and Rosé and Lisa actually showing off their friendship and the things they do in their every day life, I don’t think the show would’ve been that interesting. Jennie wasn’t relatable at all on the show, just boring. It’s funny how she makes Jisoo do things with her on v live like decorate phone cases and make slime because she does those things a lot but when they made jewelry she was surprised at how good jisoo was (jisoo had the advantage) and she tried really hard to do good then. Jisoo and Lisa had a friendly competition when they went mandarin picking while jennie seemed confused and turned their jewelry making into a competition. I honestly think Jisoo is crafty and likes doing those things with jennie but not all the time. Also, jisoo doesn’t care how pretty or not something is, she just wants to do things and have fun. Even when jisoo helped the others with their towels at the sauna, she noticed that something looked weird and helped fix it. She didn’t whine and point at how dumb it looked. Jennie on the other hand takes a more serious route with her stuff. Nothing wrong with that but when they made phone cases and she judged what jisoo wanted to put on hers, it was kind of annoying. She kept reminding jisoo to make hers pretty. Jisoo didn’t even pick out anything ugly to me but whatever. Every time they do something that jennie planned, jisoo looks pressured in the beginning but you can tell she’s really doing it so that Jennie could have something to do and be proud of.

In the end, everything jennie did seemed scripted as if that’s what was planned for the show anyway excommunicated for the jewelry making. You could tell the others found things to do and laughed a lot while jennie just played cute for the cameras. I don’t think she even cared about the stray cat as much as the others did. That whole show showed how rosé and lisa are the first to try things, jisoo is cautious but willing to learn things and if jennie feels as though she cant do things her way, she stops trying, whines, and takes photos.

When they had to do things in Korea she just made a bracelett I think (then went roll skatting with Jisoo cause thats what Jisoo wanted)? It was pretty boring so they didnt show a lot of it, Rosé went lo archery (with Lisa) trampoline (with Lisa), aquarium, pilates, horse ridding (with Jennie, but Rosé knew how to make it more entertaining to watch), even the maze bet they did was boring on Jennie's part, but fans somehow think she is savage and fun...Like, in their latest BP diaries its mostly Rosé cause she does the most, but YG ignores her (even if she was trending for days when she was promoted in 2017) and pushes Jennie, Jisoo was trending topic all over twitter and Korean sites for like a 10 seconds appareance in AC, at least Lisa is promoted in Thailand, but the ChaeSoo? They get 0,01% of the promos. 

Also its funny how ChaeSooLi posted the pic of the four of them but Jennie didnt.

At this point we should change the title to Blackpink cause we are talking about the rest more than about Jennie (no shocked about this). 

Posted

i only lasted two episodes of that show. It’s just so bland for a variety show. 

Posted

i only lasted two episodes of that show. It’s just so bland for a variety show. 

I watched it all when I was bored af, but if you compare it to other groups' shows its so bland.

Posted

When they had to do things in Korea she just made a bracelett I think (then went roll skatting with Jisoo cause thats what Jisoo wanted)? It was pretty boring so they didnt show a lot of it, Rosé went lo archery (with Lisa) trampoline (with Lisa), aquarium, pilates, horse ridding (with Jennie, but Rosé knew how to make it more entertaining to watch), even the maze bet they did was boring on Jennie's part, but fans somehow think she is savage and fun...Like, in their latest BP diaries its mostly Rosé cause she does the most, but YG ignores her (even if she was trending for days when she was promoted in 2017) and pushes Jennie, Jisoo was trending topic all over twitter and Korean sites for like a 10 seconds appareance in AC, at least Lisa is promoted in Thailand, but the ChaeSoo? They get 0,01% of the promos. 

Also its funny how ChaeSooLi posted the pic of the four of them but Jennie didnt.

At this point we should change the title to Blackpink cause we are talking about the rest more than about Jennie (no shocked about this). 

I guess a lot of blinks are blind to see how boring jennie is because she’s a) boring like them or b) is pretty. Jennie reminds me of some “relatable” youtubers. They vlog themselves doing the same thing (which is absolutely nothing) with people they don’t like but pretend to because they live off of likes and views but somehow people like that and they have millions of followers. I think being boring is the new hot trend as long as you showcase it to the world and call it an aesthetic or relatable.

It’s sad that there’s not much (good or bad) to say about jennie. Even this thread is stumped unless we bring in other people to talk about. It should be a Blackpink thread. I’m still indifferent about her. It’s like she’s just there. Her PERSONALITY (I’m emphasizing in case someone thinks I’m talking about her skills, which i am not) when she’s doing things that people think is fun reminds me of people who are in groups and everyone knows them but no one knows why they’re in the group because they do nothing special.

In all she reminds me of Trixie Tang from the fairly odd parents. They act the same and if you look at a picture of the both of them you can assume their personality and be spot on.

Posted

I guess a lot of blinks are blind to see how boring jennie is because she’s a) boring like them or b) is pretty. Jennie reminds me of some “relatable” youtubers. They vlog themselves doing the same thing (which is absolutely nothing) with people they don’t like but pretend to because they live off of likes and views but somehow people like that and they have millions of followers. I think being boring is the new hot trend as long as you showcase it to the world and call it an aesthetic or relatable.

It’s sad that there’s not much (good or bad) to say about jennie. Even this thread is stumped unless we bring in other people to talk about. It should be a Blackpink thread. I’m still indifferent about her. It’s like she’s just there. Her PERSONALITY (I’m emphasizing in case someone thinks I’m talking about her skills, which i am not) when she’s doing things that people think is fun reminds me of people who are in groups and everyone knows them but no one knows why they’re in the group because they do nothing special.

In all she reminds me of Trixie Tang from the fairly odd parents. They act the same and if you look at a picture of the both of them you can assume their personality and be spot on.

I think she is a Blair Waldorf wannabe, but of course she cant, because its Korea, so she acts as if its a joke, but just with people that dont have the uper hand.

Posted

I think she is a Blair Waldorf wannabe, but of course she cant, because its Korea, so she acts as if its a joke, but just with people that dont have the uper hand.

It’s sad when you think about it. She would never pull that if they were based in America. All of the members, hosts and co workers she side eyed or got bold with would want to fight her and the fans would instigate and laugh about it on twitter.