• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Emergency skincare?!

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I have a HUGE problem...
I'm graduating next week and my face is all covered in acne because of exam stress and hot weather. I feel extremely miserable about this and I wanted to ask if anyone had advice on how to clear your skin up in roughly a week?
I take any kind of advice (diet, skincare, home remedies etc.) 
Thank you :alpacacrush:

Posted

I'm graduating next week and my face is all covered in acne because of exam stress and hot weather. I feel extremely miserable about this and I wanted to ask if anyone had advice on how to clear your skin up in roughly a week?

It's hard to do anything in a week, but I'd recommend staying away from greasy foods, not touching your face, being sure to thoroughly cleanse and moisturize your face and not popping any acne. 
I hope this helps a little 
:alpacaheadshake:

Posted

It's hard to clearing up acne in a week. But my suggestion is exfoliating, moisturizing and sun protection. Exfoliating could prevent more acne and clearing up clogged pores, but you can use it only once a week, once every 2 day max. Moisturizing to prevent ruining your skin barrier after exfoliating do it twice a day. And sun protection to prevent PIH which is hyperpigmentation caused by acne scars and sun can make it worse. If you know any acne spot treatment that works for you, use it.

Posted

personally I use differen gel.. I get acne because of stress/anxious habits like face touching. When I break out it usually clears it up pretty fast

Posted

yeah, there's not much you can do in a week - i would recommend seeing a dermatologist, or at the very least your gp (ive had a gp prescribe topical cream that helped a lot!). 

also as tempting as it is, don't start being too harsh or using a bunch of new products right away, thats going to irritate your skin and make it worse. 

Posted

benzoyl peroxide is a godsend, although it does make your skin quite dry for the first few days and makes you more susceptible to UV damage, it will clear up acne quickly. Be sure to use sunscreen when you use it